[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You need to get out more if you want a gf Get out and do.....what?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3

File: 1411157532081.jpg (50KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1411157532081.jpg
50KB, 800x600px
>You need to get out more if you want a gf

Get out and do.....what? I'm not fucking going clubbing, so what do I do?
>>
>>35814316

Yeah i have no idea either. You pretty much have to have friends to do anything meaningful in a social setting.
>>
Go gym, join a sports team... make friends and stop being a fag
>>
>>35814368
>le sports team

go back where you came from, redditor.
>>
>>35814368

It just dawned on me I don't really have friends, I have coworkers I go to the bar with occasionally, online friends I can't meet up with, but my one actual friend has his own friend circle I'm too different from, to breach.
>>
Hello, don't know where you're from, but if you're living in a big city try checking into a youth for a couple of days. Lots of people there who'd be glad to hang out with someone who'd be willing to show them around.
>>
>>35814513
I meant to say youth hostel
>>
>>35814513
>into a youth

A what? One of those youth clubs? Like a rec center?
>>
>>35814540
a youth hostel is what I meant to say
>>
>>35814563
>>35814540
You've got a lot of travelers there who are sociable and in need of local knowledge. Also they're constantly cycling people so if you fuck up at first you can always try again with someone else.
>>
There's organizations for whatever you're into. Literary circles, sports (ha), religious affiliations, art classes. Plenty of adults do that shit. It's not weird. Pick up whatever instrument you played in high school and join a community orchestra. They're super chill environments that meet once or twice a week max. Zero pressure to be perfect. Plenty of cuties. Maybe even volunteer for community service or something. Literally just do fucking anything.
>>
I started going to AA even though I'm not an alcoholic. I just lie about having not drank in a long time to talk to people about how my weeks been.
>>
>>35814316

There's a club near where I live in LA called 1up, its a video game style bar/club. Go find places like that. I go every now and then with friends because regular clubs are for greasy white men in suits
>>
Just be outside for as long as possible every day (doesn't matter what you do, just walk around) and eventually a girl will approach you. Worked for me.
>>
Go to a park. Read a book. Just go out.
>>
>>35814316
Are you currently living with your parents, anon? How old are you?
>>
>>35815792

23 and yes, it ain't easy to move out, especially in NYC.
>>
>>35815819
Its always good to see other people on this board from NYC. It fuels my dreams that one day I'll meet a robot girl irl.
>>
>>35815819
I've never lived in a major city before, so just factor that in.

But, where do you work? Is the pay nice? Full-time or part time?

If you're just a wage-slave at some entry level job that requires no experience, consider a change of environment. Shoot for someplace with younger employees.

Beyond that, try the parks. People are fairly sociable where I'm at in them, I'm unsure of how they are in NYC though.

You could always try the Church, regardless of your religious beliefs.
>>
>>35814316
getting a part time job as a bartender was amazing for me, get to meet women organically and work on my small talk
>>
NYC has central park and more hostels than any other city in North America. Check into one of those and show someone around the park. Take a chick to the Balto statue, she'll love it.

http://www.hostelworld.com/search?search_keywords=New+York%2C+USA&country=USA&city=New-York&date_from=2017-03-27&date_to=2017-03-30&number_of_guests=2
>>
This has been my achilies heel for so long. I joined a gym and still spoke to nobody. I started going to language classes and stil spoke to nobody. I started doing kendo and still spoke to nobody.

I dont know where im going wrong. People say the best thing about going to a gym is the friendly atmosphere or whatever but i just go there, work out and come home without talking to anyone. Whenever i go to any other activity i just talk about the activity and never beyond that.
>>
>>35814316
I actually met my girl online. Nothing in life is so certain. Stop worrying about what is, and think about what could be.
>>
>>35816071
It's an incredibly easy problem to have, people don't want to bother others so they don't start conversations about themselves. This would also be a sign of weakness,s which furthur disincentivizes it. The trick is to talk with people about shit unrelated to yourself (baseball, Vidya, whatever) and work your way from there. You have to really get into the conversation though, it can't be all one word answers or bare minimum input from your side.
>>
>>35816074
>think about what could be

That's the worst goddamn advice I've ever heard
>>
>>35816294
If you say so. You guys wouldn't know a good idea if it crawled in your urethra and and chewed your bladder open
>>
>>35815755
>>35815281
If you have a ton of time, these actually work.
For maximum optimization, try to spend most of your time near or in busy places life cafes, stores, busy plazas, etc (but move around though, to not seem like a creep)
>>
>>35816531
Out of curiosity, how do these work? Do people just come up and talk to you?

Can you greentext some of these experiences?
>>
>>35816074
Online where exactly?
>>
>>35814316
>"Anon you need to get out of the house, why don't you call some friends and do something"
>"I don't have any friends, mom"
>mom gets visibly stumped
>leaves and hasn't bothered me about it since
>>
I can tell you that if you don't have friends then you need to actually approach girls you see in public.bthis can be damn near impossible for so many people on here because of the fear of rejection. I'm just now getting over this fear, I've gotten 3 cute girls numbers in the past 2 weeks by being brace and approaching them. If you never approach them you're a lost cause because 9 times out of 10 they won't make the first move for you.
>>
>mom keeps telling me to try to get a gf online
>keeps using my cousin (who got an ugly wife) as as a success story
just kill me
>>
>>35817984
This, you need to approach the girl OP. We live in America not Brazil where women chase you. You have to work for a woman's attention in order to see any results.
>>
>>35814368
Isn't approaching girls at the gym really creepy
>>
>>35817984
>>35818052
Don't women complain all the time about people who do this though? Like, approaching girls in public is supposed to be really creepy
>>
>>35818126
If you act like a retard in front of her then yes she will think you're creepy or weird. But if you go up to her and tell her how is she doing and tell her that you think she's beautiful then she'll blush. Make up some good conversation for a few minutes maybe longer depending where you are and at the end ask for her number. If she gives you her number then you did well, but just because all this happens successfully DOES NOT I REPEAT DOES NOT mean she will give in easily and have sex with you. Getting to second and third base is a whole other story but isn't that complicated once you've been through the trials and errors.
>>
>>35814725
>There's organizations for whatever you're into. Literary circles, sports (ha), religious affiliations, art classes. Plenty of adults do that shit. It's not weird.
Literally none of them just decide to do that shit and go there and say hello I want to do this shit.

You must do it organically, as an extension of what your circle of friends does, or what you were always into and already have the necessary skills for. No one wants a 35 year old just appearing somewhere where people have been doing shit together for the past 15-20 years already.
>>
>>35818126
>Don't women complain all the time about people who do this though? Like, approaching girls in public is supposed to be really creepy
Only if you don't look like Chad. Get some steroids, hair transplants, fix your imperfections with plastic surgery, and it will work.
>>
>>35814513
>>35814535

I know this is 3 hours late but in my city they don't allow locals to check in to a hostel, you have to show ID from another city. This is to prevent low income people from living at the hostel.
>>
>>35818237
I'm probably gonna end up acting like a retard
>>
>>35817326
Well for me it was myspace. Facebook is the platform now.
>>
>>35818387
I'm not sure how it works in NYC, I've never stayed in a hostel there, but that doesn't make much sense to me since hostels cost more per month than rent with a roommate would ($30-$40 a day for 30 days is $900-$1200) but if so, maybe OP could take a trip to Boston or Philadelphia for a few days. Sucks if that's true though.
>>
>>35814316
go for a walk in the woods. on a trail. up a mountain.

hiking is fun. and if you dont meet a girl you will still start to come to terms w/ yourself.

hiking.

its good.

do it.
>>
>>35818025
Learn grammar faggot
>>
>>35818387
what's to stop low income people from other cities living there?
>>
>>35818948
So basically even though it was "online" it was still 100% normie.
>>
>>35819527
You want a "normie" life with a gf? Assimilate.

Stop being a faggot and put in the effort to connect with people. Love is not found. It is cultivated. You don't whine about not having a blackberry patch in your garden if you never make the effort to plant the seeds.
>>
>>35814316
my brother said the same thing to me today, he told me if i does not want to be a loser i have to leave the house and "live", says the guy that married the first girlfriend he ever had, every weekend the fight over something stupid
>>
>>35819694
I only want a non-normie gf who wouldn't use Facebook. I have no interest in becoming a normie or getting a normie gf.
>>
>dude jus go outside
>dude read a book in the park

Why would i fuck off in a park when I could be sitting comfortably in my room.

I'm not some college twink who fucks off in gyms etc on downtime from classes.

I have a job, a real job. 99% of normie advice doesn't work for shit if you're not in highschool/college.
>>
>go out and drink at bars because i get bored
>develop large friend group
>drugs everywhere, it's casual now
>meet so many diffferent girls, like all of them
>just stay friends with them
>even if I could decide between them, all they want is a shitty one night stand
>end up just drinking until I pass out, so can't even pursue any of them if I wanted

wifey gf is rare
>>
>>35815970
Barbro, can you help me out? I want to be a tender for the same reasons.

Did you have to get trained before applying or did they teach you upon hiring you?

What is the best kind of bar to apply to? I'm guessing it's a slow one (I.e not normie ville) but I don't want a shitty dive bar either. Thanks :)
>>
>>35820936
I've hung out in bars for a long time so I knew the ropes but had no formal experience bar tending.

I got hired as weekend closer at a small "cheers type local bar" where many locals go. Lots of regulars.

The hardest part for me so far has been memorizing all the different drinks and how to make them, but I have an app on my phone that helps. I trained with a veteran bartender for a week or so before I started on my own. First couple nights alone was a bit stressful, but you make friends with regulars if its that kind of bar and they get to know you and aren't too hard on you.

There's several cute regulars my age that come in with their friends. This Friday one of the cute girls who frequents, was flirting with me all night long. It was pretty nice. Next time I see her i'm gonna ask for her number
>>
>>35814316
you have to go out and make eye contact, smile with as many strangers as you can, and the people who don't smile back are either have their own problems or are cunts.

eye contact doesn't mean gawking either
>>
File: 8 or 9.jpg (157KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
8 or 9.jpg
157KB, 1200x1600px
>>35816527
>tripfagging on /r9k/
>thinks he knows good ideas
>>
>>35819102
i fucking hate hiking
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 1024x359px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 1024x359px
>>35818057
Depends if you're Chad or not
>>
>>35815281
>>35816531
Really? Girls actually approach you while you're sitting down and reading at a public place? What do they even say?
>>
>>35818057
This one girl was jealous of my legs because they were thicker and muscler than hers.
>>
>Go for a shirtless run on a freezing cold morning at 5AM
>So cold I can see my breath
>Run past a chick
>She's clad in expensive, warm running gear
>Give her finger guns
>She stops and stares in absolute horror as a shirtless guy runs past her in weather so cold that there's frost forming on car windows in a place where it gets up to 45 Celsius

It was basically like getting a girlfriend. Really funny, too.
>>
>>35821606
No you fucking autist, you approach the girl.
A girl will never approach you, no matter the circumstances. EVER.
>>
>>35818273
How the fuck else do you learn a new thing other than by saying
>i dont do this but now i will try
Doesnt matter what age you are, people will always appreciate your enthusiasm to learn their thing. Fake liking it if you have to if your honest goal is getting pussy
Try le art
>>
>>35815138
this is an ingenious idea
>>
>>35819102
Shitty fuckin idea, even if you did meet a girl your some creep in the woods she probably wouldnt want you closing in on her lol
>>
>>35814368
Been going to the gym for 9 years. Have had only 2 GF I'm that time and both weren't that great
>>
>>35818057
Yeah, I go to the gym daily and see cute girls and ignore ignore ignore
>>
>>35814368
this. the only thing that can get you a gf are chad genes, but gym, sports team amd social groups of different interests are a very nice, enjoyable and quick way to make new friends that invite you to parties actualy worth going coz they are fun and not just filled with mindless people doing pua shit
>>
>>35818052
>in brazil women chase you

you still have to be chad
>>
Even going out on it's own will never accomplish any thing.

I've made it a habit of going out to eat at bars like almost every other day and keeping up with sports for the sake of socializing and have never in the past 3 - 4 years made a friend, much less a girlfriend out of all of it.
>>
>>35821426

>Make eye contact with cute shy asian girl today
>She blushes so I start smiling
>Walks away
>Was so cute I actually get depressed
>>
>>35818052
>tfw I live in brazil and no girl has ever approached me
>>
>>35821775
>>Doesnt matter what age you are, people will always appreciate your enthusiasm to learn their thing.
Please don't be this retarded.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.