[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try to learn something using the Internet >doesn't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: c4a.jpg (23KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
c4a.jpg
23KB, 600x484px
>try to learn something using the Internet
>doesn't make any sense
errytime
>>
>>35801837
what you try learn anon?
>>
>>35801837
you're not starting small enough.
You're probably trying to jump feetfirst into high level material without grasping the low level basics.

Or some other reason I didn't guess.
>>
>>35801837
>Trying to use the internet to try and forget something
>Doesn't work every time
>>
File: 1464721257734.png (179KB, 1066x714px) Image search: [Google]
1464721257734.png
179KB, 1066x714px
>>35801837
>try to learn something on the internet, often going so far as to find textbooks
>understand it
Feels nice to not be a brainlet. I'll have you in my thoughts, OP.
>>
File: me.png (19KB, 1152x712px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
19KB, 1152x712px
>try to learn programing,math,physics,drawing,piano via internet
>understand everything more than i expected.

don't know why even i am here this shit hole!
>>
File: 1442540407850.jpg (49KB, 443x443px) Image search: [Google]
1442540407850.jpg
49KB, 443x443px
>>35802126
>try to be bad at something
>still better than my peers
Making roaches dance is my favourite activity.
>>
>>35801856
Data speeds. They don't make sense. How can a megabit be 1/1000 of a megabyte and so's a kilobyte, but it takes 125 kilobytes to get a megabit?

I was tring to imagine how long it'd take low frequency, such as the AM, 10 khz I think it might have been, to transfer one kilobyte of data.

I'll never know because data and signal speeds make no sense.

So confuse.

Also, I've tried to understand what electricity is and failed before.

Also also, I've tried to calculate the frequencies of ocarinas based on the chamer size and voice hole, but the maths were to much for me.

I'm no Tesla.

I even wanted to make a zip gun, but couldn't decide how much room, in mm, a bullet needs inside the pipes.

The numbers seemed misleading.

The zip gun I could do, but I'd also probably lose fingers when the pipes crack, and it's not like they'd let me carry it around.

Also, I don't understand politics.
>>
>>35802513
byte is 8 bit
kilo mega giga tera are all 1000 times larger than the previous
basically ISP's advertise like car speeds being in meters per second vs kmh or mph, and they rarely match the advedtised speed
>>
>>35802629
Yes I know how the language works. But it still doesn't make sense. There are contradictions.

Like with the pipes, are they measuring the inside or the outside?

But anywho:
1000 of kilobytes is megabyte
1000 megabit is megabyte
125 kilobytes in a megabit
>check again
>it says 8 megabits is a megabyte
I swear it didn't say that earlier. i just cannot pay attention.
>>
File: eaa.jpg (82KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
eaa.jpg
82KB, 850x850px
>>35802836
>how to convert it to hertz
>>
>>35802836
i don't know what a zip gun is or what bullets physics need for tolerance but pipes usually have inner diameter and outer diameter measurements, ID and OD
>>
>>35803007
Yes okay. I could design my own bullets if they didn't fit honestly, but I'm still pondering the frequency conversion. It is what is more interdasting. How much data can go through different frequencies is my current boggle. It seems simple but I'm too intelligent to remember what I've read and put it together.
>>
>>35802836
>Like with the pipes, are they measuring the inside or the outside?
Nominal inch pipes in USA like schedule 40?
Neither, the "nominal" size it's labeled as can be smaller than both inner and outer diameter. It's retarded. You can find tables online of what the nominal sizes' true ID and OD are.
>>
>>35803139
wireless systems have modulation that accepts different margins of error, because shit never goes through perfectly, and crowded spectrums (blutooth/wifi/2.4ghz) cause more error

the amount of real information that can be transferred is generally proportional to frequency but subject to physical ramnifications

uh. AM is a method of encoding information. it's pretty slow

there is probably a vsauce etc yt video describing it better if you're really interested
>>
>>35803304
I think it'd be like a megabyte a day. I think. But math escapes me. AM
>>
>>35803353
op btw*

And I am interested but herpaderpa would stop me from ever learning anything.
>>
File: 1483092000838.jpg (9KB, 240x193px) Image search: [Google]
1483092000838.jpg
9KB, 240x193px
>>35801837
just use school books if you wanna learn school subjects, take courses if its something like programming
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.