[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good but cheap country to live in where one could

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8961[1].jpg (250KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8961[1].jpg
250KB, 1200x800px
What's a good but cheap country to live in where one could get away from globalism and all the ideological and social strife going on everywhere right now, and set up an uneventful but satisfying life (or death, given that he's already over 30), /r9k/?
>>
Well, /r9k/, any ideas? What would you do if you just wanted to live your remaining years away from everything but still somehow feel like it isn't for nothing?

I don't think building anything (such as a homestead) makes sense at this point, as it would be a long term project that's useless without someone else to share it with. But everything else seems wasteful and pointless too.
>>
>>35800437
Thailand? Vietnam?
>>
some fucking rice cake farm off in china? idk dude what do you expect
>>
>>35800707
>>35800745
Right. Thanks I guess.
>>
Most of the EE countries have a low cost of living, but low wages as well, so only really an option if you've got money behind you. Retire from the USA/UK to one and you're on easy street though.
>>
>>35800957
I already am from EE though, and it's exactly the same as WE except poor. You underestimate how much influence the west has on the rest of the world.
>>
File: connectthedots.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
connectthedots.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>35800437
>escaping ideology
pure ideology
>>
The Netherlands
You can do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>35800437
>where one could get away from globalism and all the ideological and social strife going on everywhere right now

They won't let you escape.
>>
>>35801056
>""""they"""""
Oh golly
>>
>>35801045
Except say that the sharia law is maybe not such a great idea you mean.
>>
>>35801320
This isn't the UK. The ones who came here have been here for decades already, they're mostly moderate or even secular. Later generations are almost always atheist.
Turks for example are often republicans, atheists or communists that fled when Islam took hold of Turkey again.
>>
>>35801410
Except for the time they just rioted in the streets waving Turkish flags the other week.
>>
>>35801428
In the randstad, the whites there are just as shit.
Think of it as a containment area, kind of like the /b/ of the Netherlands.
>>
>>35801410
You can't be serious, are you this blind about your own country?
>>
>>35802337
How am I blind? Shit is regional as fuck. The islamists live in the northwest mostly, the rest of the country has the actual refugees and guestworker families. Even without them it's like two separate countries. Especially in the southern part of the country where the mines were. Immigrants have been there since the sixties, they're at generation three or four now, they're normal citizens. There is literally no one here who doesn't have a multicultural group of friends. Not just talking Turkish, but Moroccan, Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Russian, Polish whatever. It's one big melting pot.
>>
I would reccomend Bratislava, Slovakia. I've been living here and it seems to be what you describe. Very quiet city.
>>
>>35800437
I live in Bulgaria. We're one of the cheapest in europe. And people's ideology of freedom is to do whatever they want. So you won't have almost any problems with the law. If you're not retarded you can avoid scammers and gipsy robbers
>>
>>35800437
Sweden

i hear ppl are treated well there
>>
There's too much social and political stuff going on no to escape it anywhere. Right now it's not about the country, it's about the area.

Even England will do if you just live in a rural area. A village and such.
>>
>>35800437
any of the eastern european countries but avoid the capitals
>>
>>35802647
No guns or freedom of speech.
>>
In America you could move to Texas, file for unemployment and live off of that.
>>
>>35803545
I don't think they just let you immigrate unless you're a Mexican.
>>
>>35802561
>And people's ideology of freedom is to do whatever they want.

which is way the country is total crap, op already told you he is from easter europe
>>
>>35804099
Anon could lie and say he's Mexican.
>>
>>35804461
Don't they check anything in the US?
>>
>>35804938
We elected a foreigner last time, so probably not.
>>
I think about this a lot, OP. Before moving, I think you have to go on a media and news diet, if "strife" bothers you. Not sure if you've thought about it, but the news is NOT designed to inform you, it's designed to make you scared, so put it out of your life and you'll be happier.

In terms of places to move, one of the hot spots for global travelers is Equador. It's very cheap, quite beautiful, and decent infrastructure for a developing country. I'd also check out costa rica, but that is decidedly more expensive than Equador. I've been investigating Mexico as well, but unless you're able to move into the wealthier areas, people are bothered by the crime and cartel stories.

One thing you'd want to investigate, though, is the visa situation. Is it possible to get a longer term one, or do you have to keep leaving the country and coming back in? This gets really expensive.

Also, how is your financial situation? To stay for extended periods of time, you'll more than likely need to have some financial reserves and a popular test for a lot of countries is some amount per month worth of pension/investment income and/or a set amount of cash reserves to be kept in a bank local to that country.

There's a great site called numbeo.com which gives cost of living comparisons between cities all over the world. check it out, very interesting.
>>
>>35800437
> cheap country

I might suggest living in Windhoek. It has a large black population, but it's relatively civilized, with a bit of a European flavor to it. It's far, far away from everything else in the world, and it's nice and cheap.
>>
>>35800437
Nowhere.

If you go anywhere other than where you grew up and surrounding that or somewhere culturally analogous to the place you grew up, you're going to have a bad time. Taking vacations, even long vacations, isn't indicative of a life in a given country. You'll be seen as a foreigner and there will always be a palpable sheen between you and the local in-group, and it'll get under your sheen and you will feel worse than you are right now
>>
>>35805267
>palpable sheen
have you been watching too many make-up tutorials or what?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.