[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi Robots, what are you actually missing? I'll start PHYSIOLOGICAL:

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: Maslows-Hierarchy-of-Needs.jpg (614KB, 1500x1159px) Image search: [Google]
Maslows-Hierarchy-of-Needs.jpg
614KB, 1500x1159px
Hi Robots, what are you actually missing?

I'll start

PHYSIOLOGICAL:
>food
>sleep
>sex

SAFETY:
>of employment
>of resources
>of the family
>of property

LOVE, ESTEEM:
all of it
>>
>>35798742
This just makes me chuckle. Real life is nothing like this, ever, anywhere, for anybody -- not for long at least, before life comes knocking at your door to punch you in the face.
>>
>>35798742

>sex is a basic need

According to Maslow. It's impossible for you to have morality, creativity, problem solving, employment, money, respect from others, self-esteem, and confidence without sex in your life.
>>
>>35798914

i don't think it's supposed to be that you can only get up a tier when you have all the tiers below it.
>>
>>35798943

The lowest tier is sex. Without sex you can't go to the next tier.
>>
>>35798914
So I'm not the only one who thinks it's absurd.
>>
>safety of property
Get a load of this ideology
>>
>>35798742
>morality
>self esteem
>confidence
>achievement

I got everything else
>>
>>35798977

i seriously don't think that's how it was ever intended to work. which should be obvious given how easy it is to point out how fallacious that is. do you seriously think you'd be the first and only person to notice something like that? it's extremely unlikely that the pyramid was ever intended to transcribe a rigid procession where you have to collect every thing on one tier in order to start collecting things from the next like it's some kind of fucking video game, you'd have to assume that basically everyone in the world other than you is a moron in order to believe that.
>>
>>35798914
I think it's more the sex drive than actual sex.
>>
>>35799166
To be fair, I remember the model being presented to us in a high school psychology class like this, but yeah, that interpretation seems ridiculous, and it's not as though all needs are equally important to begin with.
>>
File: Hope for man.jpg (44KB, 600x687px) Image search: [Google]
Hope for man.jpg
44KB, 600x687px
>>35798742
I want to get to self actualization so bad. I am still holding out some hope for myself, but my pyramid is fucking patchy. If I could actually get a gf and a good job I feel like I could actually do it and unlock my full potential like some kind of shonen protag.
>>
wtf you can achieve everything in the top tier with just the bottom two
>>
>>35798858
I'm sorry but how would you know
>>
Everything above SAFETY
>>
Only missing sex, but that's because I'm an unattractive fat fuck. Have no problem with talking to girls but I can see why they wouldn't want to fuck, I wouldn't want to fuck a girl with my body type either. Losing weight rapidly but it'll be at least a year or two before I reach my weightgoal.
>>
File: 1424131559584.png (477KB, 667x750px) Image search: [Google]
1424131559584.png
477KB, 667x750px
>>35798742
PHYSIOLOGICAL
>food (to a degree, my diet is alright)
>sleep
>sex
SAFETY
>missing all of it
LOVE/BELONGING
>missing all of it
>ESTEEM
>missing all but achievement to a degree
>SELF ACTUALISATION
>missing all of it but problem solving and acceptance of facts

Where did it all go so wrong, robots?
>>
File: IMG_3722.png (289KB, 800x569px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3722.png
289KB, 800x569px
Reminder that "sex" in the lowest tier can also be masturbation.

Actual sex falls under "sexual intimacy" in the third tier
>>
>>35800652
because he's experienced real life to any extent, presumably

hierarchy of needs is a meme, and a dumb one at that
>>
File: normie scum.jpg (132KB, 503x711px) Image search: [Google]
normie scum.jpg
132KB, 503x711px
>>35798742
>sex is a physiological need like breathing and food
>>
>>35798742
>lack of prejudice
>acceptance of facts

good one
>>
>>35799166
Yeah, maybe it's ranked by the psychological complexity of each need.
>>
>>35798742
I'm pretty much just the self-actualization part and nothing below it.
>>
>>35798742
Missing almost all of the top 3

It hurts to be
>>
>>35801957

normies have so much sex tgey can't imagine going one week without it.
>>
>>35801933

so I wont reach my full potential if I don't masturbate? alright then
>>
>>35798742
Having no self esteem is what keeps me from getting the love/belonging part of things and that keeps me too depressed to ever get any self esteem. I can't break free.
>>
>>35798914

Have you even read his book? It sounds like you aren't very familiar with his work, even with a simple graphi in front of you.
>>
>>35798742
I'm missing:
>physiological
sex, homeostasis (I think?)
>safety
everything, except family I suppose
>love/belonging
everything
>esteem
everything, I can respect someone I guess
>self-actualization
I guess I'm missing spontaneity, possibly acceptance of facts (how are you supposed to know if you're delusional or in denial?)
>>
File: kek2.png (271KB, 2133x1281px) Image search: [Google]
kek2.png
271KB, 2133x1281px
I have literally none of these things.

Let's take it from the top. (fyi, I'm a commiefornian, /pol/ user, White man with a Master's degree and >135 IQ)

> morality: fuck no, I'm surrounded by Jews and nonwhites who believe lying to me is their privilege
> creativity: fuck no, I follow rigidly-defined development cycles using existing proven technology
> spontaneity: fuck no, I work for an old-school firm
> problem solving: nope, not any problems that matter. work cuckery doesn't count.
> lack of prejudice: fuck no. my employer's diversity officer literally made fun of my appearance to educate me about racism, then called me a racist.
> acceptance of facts: what facts? this whole goddamn universe is quantum dimension-jumping subjective, and also unknowable.
> self-esteem: fuck no. I had it all once, but I'm just another Amerifat now.
> confidence: see above.
> achievement: ehh, maybe by loser standards? I'm middle-class, worse off than my parents. Anything below upper-class ($500k/yr) is fail tier.
> respect of others: fuck all these non-whites and cucks
> respect by others: noone loves uggos
> friendship: I have acquaintances but noone who gets what's important
> family: I guess, some are nearby but mostly scattered to the wind by Jew economic policy
> sexual intimacy: lol lol fuck feminism and fml
> security of body: fuck no, I might stroke out, my cryonics is a losing bet, and if I got any real power (((the nobles))) would kill me.
> security of employment: fuck no, I might be fired any day (have thought this for >1yr)
> security of resources: fuck no, I fear robbery and the collapse of the us dollar
> security of morality: fuck no, if I follow my morals I get ripped off by financebro types
> security of family: fuck no, I've seen many many divorces. no-fault divorce made tradcon marriage illegal.
> security of health: fuck no, I'm obese, bald, and just went mostly deaf in one ear from grinding my teeth too much.
> security of property: nope...

1/2
>>
File: mal_reeeeynolds.jpg (342KB, 791x1199px) Image search: [Google]
mal_reeeeynolds.jpg
342KB, 791x1199px
>>35804372

2/2

> security of property: nope, earthquake or dollar collapse or mexishit uprising could happen at any time. or I could stroke out.
> breathing: nope. sleep apnea. not bad enough for cpap, but bad enough I don't sleep well.
> food: nope. food made me obese, it's literally drugs. i haven't made it past 3 days of keto despite a dozen tries.
> water: has fluoride in it..
> sex: lol see all that shit above? Not into hogging which is all I can pull these days.
> homeostasis: nope, trying to cut weight super hard, gotta be top-10% looks to not get divorced.
> excretion: nope, either I'm stopped up from keto, or blowing out runs from carb binges. goddamn.

As we say here:
> REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: gender_war.png (609KB, 1486x1669px) Image search: [Google]
gender_war.png
609KB, 1486x1669px
>>35804430

3/2

I will rebuild, one step at a time. God fucking dammit, it's a long road.

I feel a REEE coming on...

> REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
>>
>>35798742
>Lack of prejudice at the top of pyramid
(((MASLOW)))
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.