[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you leave your shitty small town? Can't I just rent

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3232.png (244KB, 804x555px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3232.png
244KB, 804x555px
How do you leave your shitty small town? Can't I just rent a cheap shitty motel or something but every city I hear about people say is expensive as fucking shit.
>>
>>35775522
If you are not an extrovert who can make friends and que into social help with jobs and connections easily.

it will pretty much be impossible.
>>
>>35775522
I live in the city and its crap
>>
File: 00074what.jpg (92KB, 482x569px) Image search: [Google]
00074what.jpg
92KB, 482x569px
You realize people who "live in the city" don't actually live in the city right, they usually live in suburban areas just outside the city. Even then if you actually do live in the city you're sacrificing a ton of money just to do so. It's pointless.
>>
>>35775522
North Carolina is cheap, I'm moving there from Missouri next month
>>
>>35775522
Depends on the City. Wichita has an apartment complex called Pawnee Park. Rent is like 420 per month, with all utilities (including cable, excluding internet) included.

That said, due to the rent, its not the nicest area of town. But it actually is pretty safe.
>>
If you move into some big city, you'll come to miss the small town setting.
>>
>>35775647
No I won't

>>35775533
I can kinda especially if my life depended on it. Actually that's probably the only way I could.
>>
>>35775647
yee the grass is always greener
>>
>>35775647
OP probably doesn't even live in a small town, he probably just lives in a normal sized city.
>>
>>35775522
As an adult, I've lived in West Virginia, Kansas, and Nebraska. Never had a job offer when I left any city, let alone state.

What kind of trouble are you having? Save up enough for first month's rent, plus deposit, as well as a moving van (if you have enough stuff to warrant it) and groceries to get you by for that month, as well as a month worth of cell service.

Then you hit the ground running, spending at least 8 hours per day applying (no excuses - if you're sick, then you're applying online) from home.
>>
>>35775657
>No, I won't.
I grew up in a big city (Boston), and have switched between bigger and smaller cities my entire life. I've come to prefer small towns better.

With big cities, you're paying extra for the convenience of a lot of stuff being closer. But if you aren't going to the movie theater every week, if you aren't going to watch plays regularly, if you skip the concert halls, etc, etc the city offers nothing of value to you.

I'm a homebody. Seeing as you're on this board, I'm guessing you are, too. If you aren't the kind of person to go out and appreciate these things almost daily, you're money ahead to just live an hour outside of a city, and take a train/bus/car into the city when you want to do something.
>>
>>35775664
I'm poor as fuck and addicted to drugs so it's hard to save up money and I'm afraid of failing and wasting money
>>
>>35775705
If you can't save that kind of money, you aren't leaving your small town.

Also, small towns generally have a lower cost of living. If you're that poor, it means you are likely unskilled (as in, working McJobs). You're not gonna have money for drugs working a McJob in a bigger city.

The noise is going to get to you, too. I've yet to meet a single person from a small town that doesn't start losing sleep over a move to a bigger city. The night is bright and noisy.
>>
>>35775705
>I'm poor as fuck and addicted to drugs
>I'm afraid of failing and wasting money
too late anon
>>
Is living in a hotel ever cheap? From what I've seen you'll be paying a bit more per month than you would for a small apartment. In my area anyway
>>
>>35775734
How does anyone save up thousands it's impossible

>>35775759
There's weekly motels that's about the same as an apartment but it's sometimes cheaper and you pay by the week and they don't do credit checks or anything
>>
>>35775759
It's never cheaper than an apartment. The difference is that it is day to day or week to week. No contract, and you pay up front. You can leave literally any time you want without any repercussions.

Try breaking a lease and see what happens to you.
>>
>>35775768
I saved up $20,000 by the time I was 22 anon.
>>
>>35775800
Well good for fucking you I live life on impossible mode
>>
>>35775768
It's actually not that hard.

Take me, for instance. My rent is 400/month. Gas is about 40. Groceries are about 200/month, but I could cut that down to 150 without much effort. Electric/trash/water is about 180. Internet is 44. I pay 350 for auto insurance once every 6 months.

That's 872 per month. Add in gasoline, and we can round it up to a thousand per month. And that's not regulating anything besides my groceries, which could get cut down even further.

Get a full time job (even at minimum wage), and then a 2nd part time job at minimum wage (20 hours per week), and you should be getting 435 per week, or 1740 per month.

Set aside the 740, and you'll be there in like 3 months.
>>
>>35775852
>inb4 he says that working 60 hours per week is too hard
If OP doesn't have the work ethic to work 60 hours per week, he better be skilled, because that's what he will need to do just to be in survival mode in most cities.
>>
>>35775852
Yeah but all the cities I wanna go to are like 700 a month for rent but that's still doable it's just harder to get there. I might stay at a shelter idk.
>>
>>35775884
Have fun getting a job without a permanent residence.
>>
>>35775890
I've gotten jobs here before and they never really asked for my address all they asked was phone number and references and stuff

They actually didn't seem to check or verify anything
>>
>>35775846
>being a white straight male

if there is a god he'll have to ask me for forgiveness
>>
>>35775846
>impossible mode
you manage to pay for drugs, how much is that costing you per year?
>>
>>35775902
Hey, you obviously know better than someone who has lived in 8 cities throughout his adult life.

You've got it all figured out man.
>>
I grew up in Boise ID, moved to San Francisco for a few years in my mid 20's. Living in a city was certainly a fun experience with a lot of ups and downs, and the lifestyle change was quite fun.

I moved back to Boise when I burnt out on forking over money hand over fist to live that life, and I've been relatively happy here. I might move to Salt Lake City eventually, it's a bigger version of Boise, and I honestly like living around mormons - they're pretty good people.
>>
>>35776029
Not to mention that you can still visit those cities for less than living in them. Better yet, you can visit NEW cities with the money you save.
>>
>tfw raised in a town of ~7000 people
>12 kids in grade through entirety of middle School
>movie theater was 45 minutes away by car
>little to no internet access until late highschool
>nothing to do outside but ride my bike around the service roads
>high school was all rednecks and teen preggo stacies

nah I don't miss it, fuck that
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.