[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best sport for robots and why is it basketball?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

What's the best sport for robots and why is it basketball?

>it's tolerable to be autistic about it cause its a sport
>lots of technique and stuff to wrap your mind around
>lots of roles to try playing on your team
>good camaraderie with the people you play with
>feel hella accomplished when you score/block something

why are you not playing basketball RIGHT THIS MINUTE

also anyone here keeping up with the NCAA tourney? florida vs wisconsin wew
>>
>team sports
>robot
nah.
lifting > sports
>>
Feel like you coulda just described any sport there champ.
>>
File: 1467531990903.jpg (72KB, 259x567px) Image search: [Google]
1467531990903.jpg
72KB, 259x567px
>requires me to talk to other people
>requires me to leave my house
how about no
>>
>>35775524
lifting is the most chad form of exercise imo. though i guess if you want to do sports and get good you have to bulk up. but lifting to lift and not lifting to bulk for a team sport is like the least robot thing you can do

besides having sex maybe

i think robots would really like team sports if they just gave them more of a try. i didn't realize how much i loved basketball when i got into college

>>35775547
i guess i described a lot of sports actually, looking at it

>>35775548
well if you actually want to improve yourself, this is a good way to do it. people are nice usually so they don't care as long as you want to get better and aren't obnoxiously bad. just put in the work and you'll get there. people don't care if it's just casual pick up games. and you don't have to talk too much if you aren't like a point guard or whatever

i'm 6'2" so i'm kind of a big man in casual games so I don't speak much at all if I don't want to
>>
File: kobe-friends589[1].jpg (42KB, 589x330px) Image search: [Google]
kobe-friends589[1].jpg
42KB, 589x330px
>>35775524
You can just git good and be a ball hog like Kobe.

Kobe was the biggest robot to enter the league.
>>
>>35775501
What sports can manlets play?
>>
>>35775501
Tennis is way more robot, especially table.
>>
>>35775548
>requires me to talk to other people
Yeah it's so hard to say "Zone", "Pass the ball", "Pick and roll", fuckin autist just stfu stop trying to be edgy.

I was really fucking good at basketball but had the stamina of a obese person so I couldn't play longer than a few minutes. For this reason I got dropped from highschool tryouts and quit ever since. I was literally so good that I would beat random adults in 1on1 everytime I went to the court, I was soo close to being CHAD but my sedentary lifestyle growing up fucked up my stamina and I gave up, I almost threw up during a intermural game and people thought I was a chain smoker or something. i'm only 6'1ish so I couldn't really play PF or center.
>>
>>35775501
laser tag
>>
>>35775501
lifting > soccer > volleyball > tennis
not a normie
>>
>>35775501
It's swimming. it's antisocial by nature, and can work every muscle of your body without it being high impact.
>>
File: kobe-scowl1.jpg (41KB, 300x387px) Image search: [Google]
kobe-scowl1.jpg
41KB, 300x387px
>>35775600
Basketball. Look up Isaiah Thomas. Dude's 5'9" and has some mean hops. He's even dunked in the NBA dunk contest. If he can do it, you have no excuse. Video related - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeqFKVZYcZA

>>35775582
Kobe is my hero. Dude used to make some of the most hilarious faces too. Pic related

>>35775653
That sucks. I'm not the most athletic person but I usually have pretty good stamina but my skills leave a lot to be desired. Being 6'1" I'm guessing you played point or SG a lot. 6'2" is fairly tall for casual pickup which is usually what I play when I can so I usually play in the low post. I should get better at SG though, but my ball handling makes me hesitate on that.

>>35775683
tbqh lifting is not robot at all imo. soccer and tennis are good honorable mentions though.

>>35775702
you have a point.
>>
>>35775717
Yeah I played point all my life, my handles are really good and I was grew naturally toned so I had the athletic potential for it, but because I spent my early years obsessed with video games and anime I simply didn't have the stamina to run up and down the court for long periods of time without a timeout or substitution. I have a few trophies from house league days though, and my coach literally told me in confidence that if it wasn't for me they wouldn't have made the finals, I know for a fact I could of been CHAD if I took it more seriously. I'm pretty much 6'2 now but in high-school I was 6'1.
>>
>>35775808
That's an interesting story though. Training up stamina is hard for sure, at least it's not like soccer levels of stamina needed though. I don't know how soccer players do it.

I think even if you did become a star, good sports players aren't as Chad as /r9k/ makes out anyone who's good at a sport to be. A lot of good players have pretty humble beginnings and aren't out fucking every girl around them because they're too busy trying to be good at their craft. I know some of the players at my university (Virginia) were in relationships while they played and were always pretty humble in interviews in stuff.

I mean some players are like that but there will always be that. Even just playing casual ball you see more kinds of people show up on the court than just "chad."
>>
someone please explain the contact system of basketball to me, people run up next to eachother then do nothing like what the fuck
>>
>>35775717
>Dude's 5'9" and has some mean hops. He's even dunked in the NBA dunk contest. If he can do it, you have no excuse

What about being half a foot shorter than him?
>>
>robot
>ape hoop

These things do not go together.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.