[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one start writing a novel? I have a long, detailed idea

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Let me consider.jpg (21KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Let me consider.jpg
21KB, 500x375px
How does one start writing a novel? I have a long, detailed idea for a story but I don't know how to begin.
>>
>>35773757
Set up a few chapters and start writing. You don't need to write them in sequence either. Fill in between those chapters. I'm currently writing a math book
>>
Write a short story around the premise of your novel and expand from there, or write a few chapters (not necessarily contiguous ones, just ones where the idea is clearest to you and you could do the most thorough job).

Kinda like drawing, anon. You start with a sketch and then flesh out from there.
>>
sit down and start writing it

you won't have an easier time doing it any other way.
>>
>>35773757
Whats your storybook gonna be about Mr Robot
>>
>>35773841
A Vampire King who collects taxes in blood not shekels
>>
File: 8BEHi5Z.jpg (238KB, 962x962px) Image search: [Google]
8BEHi5Z.jpg
238KB, 962x962px
>>35773757
>Be me
>Watch Game of Thrones
>That scene where Jon Snow talks to the King Beyond the Wall
>Notice that the scene, in isolation, is two people discussing an armistice
>I try my hand at writing interesting scenes
>Main character convinces someone to go to war
>That someone has to lie about main character's city of origin
>Main character talking to a girl in an army camp
>Two kings arguing with each other at the end of the war
>The scenes don't even have sequitur, but they're all kinda cool in isolation

At that point, I had already sussed out my writing style and established the world it would all take place in. Writing the story from that point was less about thinking about it and more about doing it. By the end of the drafting process, the final chapters were a complete story that detailed every part of the undertaking with something interesting happening in every chapter.
>>
The hardest part is figuring out a creative way of starting it. Then you just keep writing out the plot.

t. ~30k words into my shitty novel
>>
>>35773757
1. get off /r9k/
2. write novel
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.