[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you have depression and aren't working out you're

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: drolv.jpg (91KB, 684x922px) Image search: [Google]
drolv.jpg
91KB, 684x922px
If you have depression and aren't working out you're a meme. Eat right, work out every day and focus on your body's well-being. Your brain is just an appendage that helps your body make the right choices to keep itself going, nothing else.
>>
>>35769795
My meds just got upped to be honest. Am I being to honest?
>>
>>35769795
>Eat right, work out every day and focus on your body's well-being
yeah, dude, i actually have the drive to do this when i'm depressed!
only those fakers lose all motivation and just stop caring about anything
>>
>>35769795
600mgs.. no regrets, who's laughing now, faghots?
>>
You start asking yourself if you're a brain in control of a body, or a body in control of a brain.

The answer is yes.

>>35769849
Slow changes senpai. It took me a few years, no one expects you to do anything overnight.
You want to get better? Make small easy steps.
>>
>>35769926
the only thing that makes it so i'm able to get out of bed is drugs.
by the time i'm high enough to do anything i jusst don't care.
>>
>>35769795
Been doing this for a week or so now... honestly I'm just looking forward to the day when I'im not disgusted by how i look in the mirror
>>
excercise never did anything for my depression

but physiology was never the root of me ennui
>>
>>35770008
also been working out every day for a week now, FeelsGoodMan
>>
Have a nice figure so that my father drools all over himself? ..no thanks
>>
>>35769795
>Your brain is just meat stuffing for your BODY RAWR BODY MUSCLES AHHHH!
Lol what a fucking retard.
>>
>too tired to get out of bed
>dude just run around and lift heavy shit
oh
>>
every time I tell myself I'm going to exercise, I've already given up on the plan by the time I'm tying my shoes. then I just go back to my room.
>>
File: I approve.jpg (29KB, 474x595px) Image search: [Google]
I approve.jpg
29KB, 474x595px
>>35769795
This is true.

A healthy body is a healthy mind.

To exercise outdoors outside is especially helpful. Like going on bike rides, jogging or just walking.

Not only are you getting fresh air & direct sunlight, but you're also getting a change of scenery which is mentally stimulating.

Even if it's just walking around for an hour, I am mentally sharper when I get back and in a better mood.
>>
>>35770366
Start with a walk around the neighborhood or through the woods. Not only is it mentally easier, but physically as well you want to start off moderately, rather than fucking your ankles & knees or giving yourself a hernia.
>>
>>35769795
At the risk of being blasted by robots, I have to agree.

But it takes awhile to start working. Most people think it starts after a few weeks of working out.

i didn't really even start feeling a lot better till around 3 months in.

I been working out now for around 7 months and I haven't been depressed in forever. Even though I'm still alone and nothing in my life is changed, I'm still upbeat and happy.

Op is not a liar
>>
File: mystical.gif (171KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
mystical.gif
171KB, 500x394px
>>35769968
this
what else is there
this is fine
>>
>>35770507
If you were able to stick with exercise for three months without feeling any benefit to your mood, I daresay you didn't really have depression.
>>
>when people in a bad mood think it's "depression"
>>
>>35770507
>haha just lift brah and your depression is cured!
>btw my life is still shit

What the fuck did he mean by this?
>>
>>35769795
do you understand what depression is? Depression makes you want to do nothing. You feel like you can't achieve anything or do anything right. All you want to do is sit around all day doing nothing and sleeping. You feel like a failure to everyone around you. You feel like everyone around you looks down on you and thinks you're pathetic. But out of everyone, when you're depressed the person who hates yourself the most is yourself.
>>
>>35770702
I guess I'm just saying I realized girls weren't everything.

I do get more female attention now and I have dated around, but no girls I would seriously be interested in.

The best part is I really dont care anymore. I'm happy by myself.

Is that better?
>>
File: mask.png (175KB, 396x384px) Image search: [Google]
mask.png
175KB, 396x384px
>had mild depression as a teenager
>tried working out
>felt better for a little bit
>Eventually regressed back into my old mood

My depression became much worse when I turned 20. 23 now and I barely have the motivation to do anything anymore. It doesn't get better robots
>>
File: feel your feels.jpg (56KB, 500x1005px) Image search: [Google]
feel your feels.jpg
56KB, 500x1005px
>>35770762
>It doesn't get better robots
normies says it does, but the wait is becoming unbearable
>>
File: 1480474714665.gif (996KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
1480474714665.gif
996KB, 500x348px
>>35770410
Depression is a state of mind that can be changed if you get off you fat fucking ass and stay consistent. Stop making excuses and do something other than wallow in your own self pity. If you can't do that then just admit your are a pathetic slave of your own vices.
>>
>>35770709
"no but just do it though"
>>
>>35770903
I hope you never become depressed, anon
>>
>>35770903

>JUST DOOOO IT MAN JUST MAN UP AND GET AT IT

Holy shit you "tough love" normalfags are the most insufferable faggots on this board. I can honestly say you're worse than all fembots, bbc shitposters, BRAAAAAAP posters or anything in-between.
>>
File: who is she.jpg (343KB, 1038x700px) Image search: [Google]
who is she.jpg
343KB, 1038x700px
>>35770961
>BRAAAAAAP posters

*FFFFFFPPPRPPBPPRPPBPPRAAAAARRRRRPPPBPLPLBPLBL*
>>
File: 1482875862119.png (10KB, 576x347px) Image search: [Google]
1482875862119.png
10KB, 576x347px
>>35769795
>exercised regularly for months on end
>never once felt less depressed
You're the meme.
>>
File: 1489879763146.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1489879763146.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>>35770922
I spent what should have been the best years of my life believing that I had "social anxiety" and "severe depression". I was an outcast and failure in everyone's eyes doomed to live out the rest my my mediocre existence melting into my computer chair. I rarely looked people in the eyes for fear of judgment, and hid away from even my family. One day I woke up in the ER after drinking 3 bottles of DM cough syrup, they thought I was going to die. But I fucking didn't. After that day I realized how close I was ending my life just like everyone told me I would, sad and alone . I was at rock bottom. After that I felt something that I've never felt before, pure rage. I fucking hated myself for becoming what I was, and made a promise that as long as I had air in my lungs that I was going to prove the world wrong. I started to run and lift weights (at home first) and remember how sore I was due to their lack of use. It hurt, but I came upon another realization. It's supposed the fucking hurt. It's supposed to be difficult.
It's supposed to suck just like everything else in life. But the more pain you put yourself through the easier it is to deal with the petty shit that seemed so daunting at first. And I came out my mental instability. So Anons you have two options.
1.Be the worlds bitch.
2.Fuck the world like its your bitch.
You decide.
>>
I work out 3-5 days a week depending on how busy I am and I'm still planning to kill myself. It definitely helps somewhat but if working out solves all of your problems you were fortunate enough to not have many problems in the first place
>>
>>35771290

Why do you think your personal experience is universally applicable? Depression is not the same for everyone.
>>
>>35771395
Excuse number one.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.