[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people equate sex with "loss of innocence?"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1436499049223.jpg (150KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1436499049223.jpg
150KB, 1280x853px
Why do people equate sex with "loss of innocence?"

There is nothing immoral about sexual activity.
>>
>>35765201
Religious guilt
Just thinking about sex is wrong
>>
I think you are confused by what "loss of innocence" means. It has nothing to do with being immoral.
>>
Learning 1+1 = 2 is a loss of innocence, you are confused to what innocence means OP.
>>
File: jodie_foster_eyebrows.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
jodie_foster_eyebrows.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>35765201
Sexual maturity and participation in sexual activity is usually what separates adults and adolescents from innocent children.
>>
As the only species uniquely gifted with sapience, we have the desire to rise above the common beasts and master our basest desires. Lust is base, and although sex is not a bad thing, if you are ruled by your lust then you are worthy of reproach
>>
>>35765295
> Sexual maturity and participation in sexual activity is usually what separates adults and adolescents from innocent children.

It's not always separated ;)
>>
>>35765295
The more I think about it the more I realize this is true. You don't have to have a job to be treated as an adult. You don't need to get a college degree or even obey the law to be treated as an adult. You need to be someone women want to have sex with to be a man though
>>
File: tux.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
tux.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>35765385
This is too real. DELET
>>
>>35765326
That's why I wrote usually, friend ;)

>>35765385
No you completely misunderstood the point. When you reach sexual maturity, that means you are an adult man or woman and you are now ready to begin a family of your own. You are no longer a child that must be babied and looked after. You are old and mature enough to be the parent of someone else. That's why elephants run off males when they grow too old and why wolves strike out on their own.
>>
>>35765276
>>35765252
What does it mean? Innocence is a loss of purity or freedom from guilt.

People say that when you lose your virginity you "lose your innocence"
>>
>>35765201
Culture and religion. Do guys even get it though? I thought that kind of guilt and loss of innocence was only really associated with girls.
>>
>>35765201
sexual intimacy is associated with coming of age.

the "religious" argument cunts forget that we are born sinners and/or sex is just a property rights issue. religion has nothing to do with it.

puberty and sexuality are the early steps to adulthood. being an adult means you are responsible for yourself. you're no longer an "innocent" bystander.

nothing deeper than that. it's not wrong, but its not right either. it's no different than learning to drive. go fuck yourselves.
>>
>>35765450
You have to also resemble something worth ficking. If you are a manlet you won't get it
>>
>>35765957
Yeah but what does that have to do with sexual maturity and virginity as concepts?
>>
>>35765676
>People say that when you lose your virginity you "lose your innocence"

The Haitians have a curious take on this idea. In the Vodou pantheon, the goddess Erzulie Freda serves as the goddess of romantic love. She is eternally young and beautiful. Freda wears three wedding rings, signifying her marriage to the three most powerful gods. Insofar as Freda is concerned, even the primordial powers that rule both Man and Nature are nothing more than members of her harem.

Syncretic religion that it is, Vodou conflates its spirits with Catholic saints. Erzulie Freda is seen as identical to the Virgin Mary. Strange though that may seem at first, this makes a great deal of sense. Promiscuous though she is, Freda is an eternal innocent. For her, sex will never carry the sting it does for human beings. There will never be jealousy, rejection, unwanted pregnancies or infidelity. Insofar as the goddess is aware, sex is nothing but passionate nights with handsome men and all of the delights romance can bring. Though she fucks like a woman, Freda loves with all the careless abandon of a child and, being divine, has license to do so.

For mere mortals, sex is a loss of innocence because the new pleasures it brings are inextricably bound to new pains. It's the forbidden fruit growing in Eden that teaches the reality of both the good and evil that is every adult's lot.

Among the Haitian pantheon, Erzulie Freda is not the only goddess associated with sexual love. There is also Erzulie Danto, the broken woman whose sigil is a heart pierced by seven daggers. She has endured heartbreak and betrayal, she is the single mother who has learned, much to her agony, a night of passion doesn't last forever. There is a morning after which brings with it a very steep price for the pleasures enjoyed the evening before. Seized by morning sickness after having been impregnated by a man who has forgotten her, she vomits up the blood seeping from her broken heart.
>>
>>35766862
interesting information thx man
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.