[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>decided to start running >literally can't breathe

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1489589365014.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1489589365014.png
293KB, 633x758px
>decided to start running
>literally can't breathe after a kilometre
What the fuck is wrong with me, /r9k/? I'm not even morbidly obese.
>>
>>35749624
That's only natural, your body isn't used to exercise
>>
File: 1486074379377.png (573KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1486074379377.png
573KB, 1106x1012px
>>35749624
>decide to start running
>get awful pains in my legs that last for days whenever I do
>>
>>35749624
It's called being out of shape. You probably havent done much vigorous or challenging exercise for a while so you need to get back into it
It's just the fact that your body isnt used to it.
>>
Just take your time and build yourself up, dude. When I started I would vomit after 1.25km, now I can go up to 10km on uneven terrain. Just keep at it and maybe do leg exercises.
>>
if your lungs feel like they are burning then you really pushed yourself

keep it up, every day isnt necessary but at least twice a week, ideally every other day, also run on grass (sucks when it rains) because running on concrete or asphalt will kill your knees
>>
>>35749675
you have inspired me dear sir, tomorrow i'll try
>>
>>35749624
>>35749665
>not just power-walking

You don't need to go all out to burn off calories and get some exercise.
>>
>>35749675
so you mostly go outdoors or did you work up on a treadmill?
>>
>>35749665
Could be shin splints. Could be that you're just a fat cunt. Could also be lolDOMS if your legs really aren't used to working.

>>35749737
Run outdoors. It's harder than a treadmill and builds up various supporting muscles and tendons due to the terrain.
>>
>>35749737
Depends on the weather. If it was too hot I'd stay inside, but if it was below 30 Celsius I'd always go outside. I also woke up at 2-4AM to go on runs and went even if it was pouring with rain or incredibly windy. The windy days are the ones that break you.

>>35749715
Good luck, my dude. I lost a shitload of weight and became super fit over the last year and a half or so. It didn't make me happier but I don't feel disgusted to look at myself naked now.
>>
Don't worry, everything itt is perfectly natural for people who have just started running.

Unlike other physical activities, running requires no muscle mass. Instead, how fast or how far you can run is defined by how comfortable your heart and lungs are performing at a faster level.
Just keep doing what you're doing and everything will be fine. Any little bit helps to build your tolerance level up!

t. former fattie turned marathon runner
>>
File: Your Tears.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Your Tears.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>35749624

This is 4chan, nobody here ever or will ever get laid. Don't start dancing and prasing you KEK's yet faggots, since y'all gonna die virgins at this rate.
>>
>>35749805
>Unlike other physical activities, running requires no muscle mass
Eh.... this is wrong. The rest is right though.
>>
>>35749805
also depends on diet and energy from food

that being said i prefer to run first thing in the morning, calesthenics/bodyweight (lift if you lift), and shower/breakfast right afterwards
>>
>>35749665
>decide to start running
>get awful pains in my legs that last for days whenever I do
>pain goes away, as my motivation to run
>>
>>35749665
>>35749910
Get good running shoes (ones that cost more than $60) and run on dirt or grass.
>>
>>35749665
>>35749910

I had exact same problem.

YouTube Yoga for runners, and do it before you run

It helped me like crazy. I was in able to jog a mile from the pain, now I can jog a 5k in 45m (slow but I'm a fat fuck)
>>
>>35749910
Which part of your legs?
>>
GET GOOD SHOES.
I promise you you'll feel better when you have a good set of shoes that adapts to your body type.

If you're a burger and don't mind dropping some neetbuxx, I recommend you try this website:

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/product/shoe-dog.jsp
>>
COUCH TO 5K

GOOD SHOES

PROFIT
>>
>>35749907
Lifting should be done BEFORE running.
>>
Drink water 30 min - 1 hour before running

Splash face with cold water right before running for increase adrenaline
>>
>>35749665
Shin splints. Build up steadily. Absolutely do not just add mileage where you feel like it. Your bones aren't dense enough for it. Follow the couch to 5k program. And make sure your form is on point. Bad habits can be impossible to correct once formed.
>>
>>35749665
>>35749910
>>35750515

Don't forget stretching
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.