[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you ward off the crippling realization that one day you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: room.jpg (16KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
room.jpg
16KB, 500x500px
how do you ward off the crippling realization that one day you are going to die and nothing will have ever mattered?
>>
Drink, do drugs and play vidya, shitpost on 4chan, try to be helpful and polite in society, go to church and volunteer there even though I don't believe in god or anything, get lots of free spaghetti too.Just try to keep busy and/or get really fucked up and enjoy the ride.
>>
>>35747754

What? Are you kidding me? That's the absolute BEST part about life! I can't wait to die. Oblivion. It's all over. No more horror.

I have been fantasizing lately about being an old demented man waiting for death in my 80s.
>>
I don't ward it off, and embrace it instead. I take comfort in the thought that I have no way to prevent my death and that no matter how confident I can be about it, I actually will have no clue what happens to my conscious self when I die. So I sometimes lose a little sleep knowing that, but I don't let it cripple me because there's no point in worrying about a problem that's unsolvable. It's like stressing out over how to calculate pi.
>>
>>35747975
>no matter how confident I can be about it, I actually will have no clue what happens to my conscious self when I die

It stops. Just like when you go to sleep and have a dreamless sleep.

It's not complicated.
>>
>>35748047
But you do dream. Often times you don't remember them. And you're assuming something you have no experience of. Even people that have near death experiences have differing reports on what happens. You can only assume.
>>
>>35747754
Whenever I get those thoughts I stop what I'm doing and do something else
>>
>>35748180

Dreaming isn't magic. It's REM. It can easily be suppressed by medications to provoke a dreamless sleep.

Stop trying to pretend stupid nonsense.

You probably believe in God too. And Satan. And all sorts of stupid shit.
>>
>>35748222
And you're making grandiose assumptions about a person on the internet. So I guess there's no room for discussion. Good talk.
>>
>>35748296

Imagine it this way.

If I put you to sleep with sedatives that suppressed dreams, you would simply be unconscious and unaware of the passage of time.

If I kept you that way for a bit and you woke up 3 hours later, you would be completely unaware of the passage of time while you were unconscious. It would be like it never happened.

Now if I had you hooked up to a feeding tube, I could keep you alive that way for hours, days, even months.

Again, you would be completely unaware of the passage of time.

Now imagine instead of waking up, you die while in that state of unconciousness.

The only way you can know you were "put out" is if you wake up. If you don't wake up, the unconsciousness state just doesn't get interrupted.

You just lose consciousness, and that's it. That's all there is.

Stop trying to believe in fairy tales.

Near death experiences are all just endorphans, shock, and hallucinations from severe physiological stress.

A schizophrenic can see and hear invisible people in an empty room but that doesn't mean there are ghosts.
>>
I was real bad existential crisi in early 20s. Thoughts of death were constant and horrifying. I functioned like normal and went to work and stuff, no one could tell and i suppose thats cuz it wasnt like your usual depression. I sometimes wonder about the young cuties at work going about their business but quietly being eaten away by absurdity and inevitable death. Im 27 now and i guess i just got tired and used to th dread. I know right now sucks for you op but time will change that a little bit.
>>
>>35748500

Why would death be horrifying? Why wouldn't it be pleasant merciful release?
>>
>>35748531
Idk. My brain sucks. The concept of infinity and an afterlife/Nothingness just fucks me up on a deep level. Kind of a phobia. Death ruined me for a few years. I can logically understand robots acceptance or eagerness for death but i just cant relate. All the suicide threads freak me out. Ramblings of the emotionless it feels like
>>
>>35748726

Then you just haven't suffered enough yet.
>>
>>35748744
Nah dude, crippling depression and anxiety, cant figure out how too socialize and was physically tortured growing up by family, etc. Losing my life is still terrifying to me. My neurotranmitters arent as fucked as yours is the only difference between us probably
>>
>>35747924
Why haven't you killed yourself yet?
If are going to let us know, I'll cheer you on in the livestream.
>>
>>35749177

Thought about it extensively. Decided against it. The pain and issues in my life are tolerable. I can wait it out. Death comes to all who wait.

There is still a tiny hope in my mind that my health will improve and I can get some surgeries to fix my face and have a few decent years ahead of me.

And if not, well I still get to die anyway. Time goes fast.
>>
File: 1490327733052.png (1MB, 984x922px) Image search: [Google]
1490327733052.png
1MB, 984x922px
>your consciousness ceases to be once you die
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_RwcGzGurc
>>
>>35747754
Make everything you do have no purpose consciously. Then you accomplished a goal
>>
>>35747754
not really I'll be gone finally off the face of this wretched earth hopefully in whatever paradise I've envisioned in my head for decades
>>
>>35747754
Nothing matters anyway.
200 short years from now all you'll be is a name in a record somewhere.

That's really one of the nice things about life, everybody dies, and in death everyone is equal.
>>
File: 1411137728002.jpg (52KB, 600x376px) Image search: [Google]
1411137728002.jpg
52KB, 600x376px
>>35747754
Plotting and revenge mostly. It's coming along nicely. Plan big! Avenge much! Soon the world will burn.

When life is forbidden, enjoy the death and suffering of those you hate instead.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.