[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't women jump? I went to a track & field class recently

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: women.webm (873KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
women.webm
873KB, 500x500px
Can't women jump? I went to a track & field class recently and had to do stuff like pole vaults and triple jumps, there was this one girl in the class and she couldn't jump, she just barely... hopped. It was the weirdest thing I had ever seen. All the guys competed with each other and kept improving their techniques with each jump, having doubled their distances at the end of the session, but she kept the exact same results, barely hopping, with barely any knee movement. She was perfectly healthy, and wanted to join the military. Not even trolling, just trying to understand if there's an explanation for this. Is it more difficult for women to understand they should apply pressure on their feet, flex their knees and use the kinetic energy to create movement? I thought she was an isolated case until I started seeing more and more webms like OP, where it seems women just cannot jump. Of all things women fail at, this is really troubling me. It's just so bizarre.

Has anyone noticed this, during olympics class, etc. or am I just exaggerating?
>>
>>35741205
wtf this dude literally leaped a foot off the ground and all the roasties are suprised by this amazing feat?
>>
>>35741255
Pretty sure they're amazed at the fact that he climbed up with one arm and leg.
>>
>>35741255
one armed pull up is pretty tough and he made it over with ease
>>
>>35741205

wasn't there a longer video where the first girl made a half ass attempt and failed then the rest of of them backed out.
>>
>>35741205

Well in this particular video, I imagine the problem is not the jumping but the lack of upper body strength. On average, women develop 50% less upper body muscle than men. Pull ups are very hard for them, only exceptionally fit women can compete with men in this setting.
>>
I think you're just exaggerating based on one anecdotal experience.

I'm female and I was the best in my year at the high-jump back in highschool, even beating the tallest kid, Warren. I'm not even tall but I do have proportionally long legs, so I guess it's leg length x weight that has a lot to do with it? Maybe? idk.
>>
>>35741205
I can't jump. It's like my legs don't know how. I can't run either, I scoot my feet really fast. Everyone in school hated me because of how loudly I scooted.
My only hope for survival durring a fire would be if a dude carried me out, I'd never make it lmao
>>
>>35741468
Blahblahblah "I'm female and I can jump" well good for you, normie bitch
>>
>>35741496
Salty gentlemen has some happening perchance wounded thee.
>>
Females are dumb, frail creatures. They don't understand the concept of getting better at things. Maybe it's because they expect someone else to do everything for them, just enough to keep the facade of competence propped up.

I see it in all their hobbies. They never progress beyond dilettante. At one time thought they were all lying, but some actually do regularly engage in whatever the activity it is. They just don't troubleshoot. A female artist will keep the same shit everything where a man would ask himself what's good, what's shit, and then change what's shit until it's less shit. Women have a black and white, all or nothing mindset. If you provide help you aren't criticizing their work, you're criticizing them. Almost as if whatever they do is an outward projection of themselves. From their perspective it's not that females can't jump, females are not jump.
>>
>>35741521
>I see it in all their hobbies. They never progress beyond dilettante.

That's not true, we know there have been many female polymaths throughout history. Do indulge me in your savantism though.
>>
>>35741468
I am also female, but I can confirm that literally none of us can jump. The females that can "jump" are either a) cheating or b) are girls(men).
>>
>>35741559
>I am also female

lol k'.
>>
>>35741584
Hey, I am-

Oh I get it. Clever.
>>
>>35741468

Nothing like one anecdote to invalidate millions of contradictory anecdotes.

There are no girls on the Internet so you can't be a typical female. Do you think all your female acquaintances are as good at jumping as you or do most half ass it like everything else they do? Maybe I'm giving you the benefit of doubt in assuming you aren't using yourself as an example because you're different. If this is snowflaking it's practically admitting that OP is right.
>>
>>35741205
Men tend to be more physical while growing up so maybe they have a better understanding of the concepts for that reason? Just ask yourself, how much does your average lady jump?
>>
>>35741518
Yeah, some dumb normie is bragging about being able to jump and being in track n shit, bitch doesn't belong here go away REEEEE
>>
>>35741610
This too, I had allot more experience falling than jumping as a child.
>>
>>35741518

Gentlemen is plural. Thee is second person singular and kind of informal, so it doesn't work well even with gentleman. Salty is also a poor match, as it suggests he is seafaring, an occupation not associated with gentlemen. Asking if he has suffered physical injury really doesn't make sense. If he had been hurt what meaningful assistance could you provide? It's not like you can kiss a booboo over the Internet.
>>
>>35741521

sentient fedora detected
>>
>>35741205
>that one roastie motioning to her fellow sisters to help him up because they think hes helpless
>she turns around and hes already over the wall
love it.
im pretty sure there is a reason this guy participated in the obstacle course so fuck them for underestimating him
>>
>>35741556

For every renaissance woman there are shitloads more renaissance men. Maybe I'm being a shitlord but I can't think of many great women off the top of my head. I don't need Google to know about Leonardo DaVinci.

What do you mean by indulge you in my savantism? My post didn't mention much of my personal life. It was more about generalized observations. I'm not a savant observer if that's your implication.
>>
>>35741469
>slower than a spreading fire
Do you have trouble moving against a strong breeze?
>>
Old (as in years of age and training) here.

Yes, it is true that a considerable percentage of women is both unable to jump and sprint or even run fast. There is no easy explanation for this but a simplified one would be:

If your ligaments and tendons lack a certain amount of tension - which is way more common in females - they're unable to generate enough (actually: fast) force to perform a high-impact movement like jumping or sprinting. Another factor is the inadequate activation of the central nervous system which can be common in sedentary people and especially in females.
>>
File: fedora.png (32KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.png
32KB, 267x200px
>>35741791
Why are the only way females are able to argue is referencing fedoras or calling people virgins?
>>
>>35741951
Actually I probably would.
I only weigh 110.
>>
>>35741824
Could also be her motioning for someone to help her.
>>
>>35741205

Most women do not have any spatial or muscle awareness. If you ever meet a women that has some control or awareness, marry her and breed instantly. It's that rare.

There are women that could do the webm, without a doubt, but it's extremely rare. It's not because of uhh muh weak body. It's to do with the ability to control the actions of the body to overcome the situation. Such as the video. The guy has 2 limbs missing, think about the weight that saves, yet, he still is able to do it through his upbringing of motor control, it's why men are just in general better at sports. There's nothing that can be done about it, it's just the law of averages men vs women.

I think female dancers/figure skaters etc would be able to do the pull in the wemb, but because they know how to control their bodies. from the OP, all I gather is that the women are complete 'normies'. i.e they just do fucking nothing with themselves apart from going to college and possibly the gym to get chads. They're probably all of a low/average IQ also.
>>
For whatever anatomical reason, women have poor vertical jumping ability even taking in to account height and leg strength. I dunno why.

High jump world records
>Men: 2.45m (8' 0.25")
>Women: 2.09m (6' 10.25")

Pole vault WR
>Men: 6.16m (20' 2.5")
>Women: 5.06m (16' 7")
>>
>>35741521
You just exactly described me and I'm a real male (male). Whats wrong with me?
>>
>>35742003
At least you wouldn't be heavy to carry, for the average person.
>won't ever carry a girl from a burning building for the sheer heroism.
Just how often can fires happen?
>>
>>35741951
Fire can spread pretty quickly to be fair. Indoors usually not so much, but outrunning a forest fire can already be difficult and if you're on a plane of grasslands you're pretty much fucked
>>
>>35741982
Apart from not exercising and being female I think it's also that they're not mentally used to making a movement at full force. There's definitely a mental block keeping you from going all out, and then there's also the matter of having to perform motions to create muscle memory
>>
>>35742202
That's good to know. Still, means the girl is fucked without help either way.
>>
>>35741255
You're such an idiot.
First of all, that's not the point of the webm.
Second of all, he literally doesn't have 2 limbs. Can you do a 1 hand pullup? No, you're a fucking loser than probably can't do a regular pullup
>>
>>35742239
Yeah basically.

Also means you probably won't get to live out your fantasy of heroically rescuing a girl since you can't outrun and outdoors fire carrying a person and indoors it likely wouldn't be an issue

Unless she's injured of course
>>
>>35742283
Injured girls are more dependent so that's a given they'd be rescued first.
>>
>>35741996
Why wouldn't they? It's super effective.
>>
>>35742280

To be fair it's probably easier for him. Titanium weighs less.
>>
>>35742067
>I'm a male
Anon, I have some news...
>>
>>35741205
>Can't women jump
Probably. But pretending not being able to will most likely get them more male attention so why should they when they can either pretend not to and get attention or get chad to carry them over ? Fucking women i hate them
>>
>>35742355

No, he probable weighs as much as one of those girls and only has one fucking arm to pull himself up with.

It's a fucking sad day when you'd rather have a 2 one arm an one legged man be your partner on the battlefield than a fully able 'healthy' woman.

Honestly why can't they just stick to being homemakers. It's what you done for centuries and look where it got us. Take pride in it.
>>
File: JerryCansTrunk.jpg (155KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
JerryCansTrunk.jpg
155KB, 800x450px
>>35742091
As often as you want them to.
>>
>>35742355
I've been going to the gym for two months now and I don't think I can do an unassisted pull-up. Chin-up's sure but pull-ups are fucking hard. Even without the weight of his limbs a one armed pull-up is still quite a feat of strength. No untrained person could do that.
>>
>>35742374
I dont feel like a tranny so whats your point?
>>
File: 1488228839598.jpg (82KB, 517x902px) Image search: [Google]
1488228839598.jpg
82KB, 517x902px
>>35742067

It comes down to the mindset and troubleshooting. You're not the shit you put out. The shit is a product of skill. When my printer doesn't print I don't instantly think the printer sucks. I assume there is a problem with it. They tend to work great when plugged in, turned on, have toner, etc.. It's not always easy to see exactly whats wrong, but identifying that shit is not perfect is a good indicator something is wrong. If I know something is off but can't finger it I ask for help. When I ask for help from a person who knows about shit they can point out the problem most times. Then it's just a matter of fixing the problem.

Be a tinkerer, not a dabbler
>>
>>35742336

In emergency scenarios we're trained to triage people. Some are just left to die because they're beyond fucked and the time it takes to slow their dying could be better used to save two or three who are also dying but stand a realistic chance of surviving with treatment.
>>
>>35742609
I get that. Helping someone under rubble versus someone with a sprained ankle, the choice is obvious but hard to make when you just leave the other to perish.
>>
File: KEKD .jpg (45KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
KEKD .jpg
45KB, 1500x1500px
>>35742355
Lmao how are you actually this retarded????
>>
>>35742561
But solving problems is such a weird concept. Why are problems meant to be solved?
>>
>>35741205
One of my friends is exactly like this, she told me she couldn't jump and she only hopped when I told her to try it. She's kind of chubby with large boobs so I think she has a mental block about expressing physicality in this manner
>>
>I saw this woman who couldn't really jump
>can women not jump?

kek r9k in a nutshell
>>
>>35741331
yeah but he only has one arm so he can work that out without worrying about one arm being way bigger than the other
>>
>>35741606
actually, one anecdote does trump an absolute statement, assuming honesty we now know that some girls CAN jump
>>
>>35741205
#1 that's clearly a veteran. probably special forces
#2 he clearly had much of his body weight blown off by an IED

please stop posting this video, ok, thanks. like any of you fags can do a one handed pullup.
>>
>>35741744
HAHAHAHA
ABSOLUTELY BTFO
>>
>>35742664

This goes back to mindset again. Identifying something as a problem implies there may be a solution. If there is a solution there is a desired outcome that is different from what currently manifests in reality. I get fucked up and lose my words when getting too abstract.

If you don't see a problem there's nothing to fix. If you do, there is something to fix. Is it worth fixing? That's up to the person with the problem. Will the quality of life be improved enough to justify the cost of implementing a solution? If not can you/do you care to find a solution with a more agreeable cost? If the answer is still no we're basically left with acceptance, apathy, or despair.

What I'm trying to say is it's not really a problem if it's not meant to be solved.
>>
File: autism_awareness_ribbon1.png (365KB, 1000x1620px) Image search: [Google]
autism_awareness_ribbon1.png
365KB, 1000x1620px
>>35742960

Op doesn't believe women are literally incapable of jumping. Weird how his words suggest that, huh?
>>
>>35742058
Walking uteri didn't and don't need explosive leg muscles for literally anything. They weren't the ones chasing wooly mammoth.
>>
>>35742420
your retarded but your not because noones ever told you to never use assisted weights, if you try to do 1 full no kipping pullup and even if you fail you are guaranteed to do that full pull up next week
>>
>>35741744
Gentlemen isn't plural. It's like sheep. It's both singular and plural.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.