[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you get the Chad lifestyle/hobbies until

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 17

Why don't you get the Chad lifestyle/hobbies until attitude comes along?
>>
File: pepe (3).jpg (117KB, 1023x986px) Image search: [Google]
pepe (3).jpg
117KB, 1023x986px
Because I'm ugly.

0original1
>>
>>35738673
Is it just me or does every MMA fighter have a super masculine face? Is it because only high test guys get into that or do they become high test from doing it?
>>
>>35738689
Ugly people can't drive motorcycles n shit?

>>35738770
Both actually
>>
>>35738780
We can, but ultimately it's pointless unless you do it for the fun of the actual activity.
>>
>>35738770

A lot of it is scar tissue from being hit

Conor actually had a recessive chin when he was younger, I watched his first amatuer fight when he was 18 and he looked like the typical chav
>>
>>35738673
Because i'm a manlet and i'm balding and i have literally no self-esteem
>>
File: 1470859368639.jpg (35KB, 460x516px) Image search: [Google]
1470859368639.jpg
35KB, 460x516px
>>35738949
How many beta bikers with muscles and stuff have you ever seen?
You have no confidence because you have nothing to be confident about. That's what this thread is for.
Ofc you won't make a 360 personality change. But you will turn from the shy beta to the strong quiet type.
>>
>>35738770
Every TOP TIER MMA fighter has naturally high test.
>>
>>35738673
What is the Chad lifestyle and what are Chad hobbies? Driving sports cars and fucking models? Ok I'll start that right away
>>
I would give up so much to live as conor mcgregor for a week
>>
>>35739196

Give up 11 hours a day to train MMA and you can be conor mcgregor
>>
>>35738949
>no self-esteem
This. It's the same for me. I'd like to pick up some sort of martial art classes but i'm not confident and i'm fat as fuck.
>>
>>35739196
>except work out and train

>>35739159
It can be a lot of things. Learn to play guitar, take boxing classes, get a motorcycle etc.
Start working out. There's a lot you can do at home already.
>>
>>35738937
wow its called maturing

18 to 25 or whatever

has nothing to do with getting hit
>>
>>35739229
Everybody has more respect for the fat guy at the gym than the fat guy on the couch. I did boxing, karate and kickboxing and never once we "shamed" one of the chubby guys there
>>
Because i dont want to be a chad?
>>
>>35739297
fatties also have a good advantage in jiu jitsu

t. someone who had a 250lb+ brown belt just basically lay on me during sparring
>>
>>35739265
>>except work out and train
Too late to do that when you're 26.
>>
>>35739431
>it's too late to lift weights at 26
Excuses, excuses.
You won't find a gym in the world where not at least one guy older than you is.
Same for fighting classes
>>
>>35739431
>too late

only if you spent your entire life in front of computer or otherwise being a piece of shit

you'll never compete but you'll be able to dish out the domestic abuse with the best of them. isn't that something/>
>>
>>35739457
>>35739461
I mean it's too late to become a successful MMA fighter. Obviously, you can lift at any age.
>>
>>35739475
maybe you'll get lucky and have a spar with one of the other dorks who grew up on dragonball z and one piece

takes balls. not for me.

but you're better off starting by conditioning yourself. most trainers won't let you into the ring until you're fit enough, and that means both cardio and explosive resistance.
>>
>>35739475
Fine. You won't go professional but so what? It's still fun it's still cool you'll still learn to take out any guy you ever come across who starts shit and it still helps with your confidence.
Same for all the other mentioned activities.
>>
File: 1481972477275.jpg (42KB, 316x311px) Image search: [Google]
1481972477275.jpg
42KB, 316x311px
>>35738673
this meme don't work, in the last two years i started being fit, using drugs, drinking alcohol and hangin out every weekend and i am still a pathetic virgin whom is avoided by every female being
>>
>>35739576
Post pic.

>and hangin out every weekend
that wording. Where do you hangout?
>>
>>35739622
friend's homes, clubs, bars, social centers or just outside in parks or in the streets
pic is me
>>
File: 1471210282335.gif (15KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1471210282335.gif
15KB, 633x758px
>>35739297
>I did boxing, karate and kickboxing
What would you recommend for 6'4 270 lbs guy ?
>>
>>35739576
>started getting fit

ok
>doing a bunch of other stuff that fucks up your body and generally being a loser

i ask this as a liberal, leftist flower-child who just got done reading his latest book on spirituality. what are you even thinking here, dude? get a trainer at a gym if you want someone to walk you through the steps of how not to be a fucking numbnuts, or at least compare yourself to actual fighters and understand why you're a pussy.
>>
>>35739840
i've lurked on /fit/ before, I know that nothing of the getting healthier meme works if you are a retarded autistic, you can't practice social skills in the gym
>>
>>35739839
Whatever you like most. I'm a huge boxing fan and it's comparatively simple. Training includes cardio and endurance so it will help with weight loss.
>>
>>35739902
>boxing
It doesnt look that appealing because i'd like to use legs.
>>
File: 10497871_G[1].jpg (559KB, 2880x1920px) Image search: [Google]
10497871_G[1].jpg
559KB, 2880x1920px
>>35738770
If you keep getting hit, having you face grinded against a gi/mat (grappling), and having cauliflower ear drained, your face is going to look weathered. You will also be less phased by the anxiety related to physical violence and you'll have less body fat which both contribute to a masculine face.
>>
>>35739704

Have to shave that muslim beard bro
>>
I've been training in muay thai and riding motorbikes for three years now, I really like it
>>
>>35739959
i like my beard the way it is but thank you
>>
>>35739946
Kickboxing then? Which sport doesn't matter. If you like it you'll stick with it so no pressure here

>>35739990
based
>>
>>35739839
BJJ or Judo
>>
>>35740018

Just trying to help you score pussy bro
>>
>>35739959
This>>35739101
So "shave and hit the gym!" wow how original advice
>>
>>35740043
>BJJ or Judo
What's the difference between them? Grapples and locks?
>inb4 google it
>>
>>35739839
lose some weight m8

but definitely bjj
>>
>>35740079
>So "shave and hit the gym!" wow how original advice
Yeah that's the point of this thread. I didn't claim to have come up with it I'm saying why not do it?
I think many here have this hope or illusion of a confidence switch or predetermined confidence and not that it's something that may grow if you are more... confident with who you are.
>>
sorry but this is the only hobby thread i saw on this pathetic board, so i have to ask here:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s03b6f49w7in is this any good for a beginner?
>>
>>35740270
You sound like you're afraid to make noise
>>
>>35740361
shit that's so true, i have 3 roommates and i don't want to annoy them with my shitty singing
>>
>>35740398
Considered taking classes? Your voice is good but you miss the notes by far. Way too low. Would also solve your noise problem
>>
>>35740425
i thought about it but it's kind of expensive and i'm already taking guitar classes...yeah the low singing is also due to the fact that i need to be louder to sing higher...also if i took lessons i guess i would still need to practice at home...do you have any experience with singing?
>>
>>35740462
>kind of
Go for it. The alternative is regretting it forever.

>also if i took lessons i guess i would still need to practice at home
Well you can practice there. Plus they teach you breathing practices and stuff you can do silently. And practicing to hit the right notes at home is different than practicing singing full songs just after feeling.
Once you got the basics it becomes a 'singing along to the guitar' thing anyways so it'll be less uncomfortable around your roommates I assume.

>do you have any experience with singing?
No
>>
I did but then I found out I was an alcohol so I had to switch back to boring responsible life.
>>
Conor is not a chad, 99% of people who train in combat sports are not chads. In fact there are a lot of weebs in MMA.

Being able to kick chads ass does not make you chad
>>
>>35740669
Not the point

>Being able to kick chads ass does not make you chad
It actually does to a large degree. But the point is the ability to kick someone's ass makes you behave differently.
>>
>>35740713

Not really. I've boxed for awhile, did some MMA training. Been around a lot of fighters. None were chads, in the US chad plays football, maybe basketball or baseball. Fighting is mostly guys that got picked on in their youth, or people that come from rough childhoods. I can kick most chads ass, doesn't change the fact women don't want to fuck me.
>>
>>35740743
>I can kick most chads ass, doesn't change the fact women don't want to fuck me
I bet you everything in the world you're more confident than if you couldn't. I'm not claiming that this is a magical switch that makes you Chad. But positive changes in life and lifestyle affect how you act
>>
>>35738770
Hyper-masculine facial features actual help with your durability in fighting. Having a broad, muscular jaw and a big head lets you absorb strikes better. Go look up a picture of Conor during the weigh in with Eddie Alvarez when they're squaring off. His head and jaw are fucking MASSIVE for his size, it looks like he's facing a child.
>>
>>35740779
i don't think that being capable of beating someone make you more confident, look at me, I am a thin manlet, never boxed or did any fight sport, and for sure i would have a very hard time fighting a chad but i am very confident about myself and in my social life
>>
>>35740779

It hasn't changed my confidence around women, that's the thing. I was never intimated by chads as a kid because I was big for my age and they never fucked with me. It hasn't changed the fact that if chad and I are around a group of women, I will get completely ignored. They do not care if I can beat his ass.
>>
>>35740814

I have noticed most good fighters in all combat sports have giant robust heads/skulls. The guys that can take a shot have thick necks and big jaws as well.
>>
>>35740829
I didn't say it's the only factor but to deny it is a factor is deluded.

>>35740840
Do you work out? Dress well? Have interesting hobbies? We're getting kinda sidelined here
>>
File: 1441585581972.jpg (72KB, 640x616px) Image search: [Google]
1441585581972.jpg
72KB, 640x616px
>>35738673
I'm actually a professional fighter. I've fought for two decent sized promotions and have a record of 3-2. I've even posted a video here once. I'm not UFC-level or anything like that, but I'm bretty gud.

I'm no Chad, though. At least I don't think I am. Just because you have a "masculine" hobby/job doesn't make you a Chad unless you're James Bond or some shit
>>
>>35740080
Judo is like Japanese wrestling. Mostly about throws and pinning. BJJ is better for submission techniques i.e. chokes and joint locks.

I'd go for BJJ, a lot of the good stuff in judo is relatively intuitive once you've been in enough fights and a lot of it is bad stuff that won't even work properly. Even western wrestling is a better option than judo imo
>>
File: cc1.jpg (80KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
cc1.jpg
80KB, 720x540px
>>35740903

Yes to all of that, none of that is going to make me physically handsome like chad is.
>>
>>35740713
most fighters are quiet people who had some event in their life which pissed them off a lot

the whole daddy issues/father figure/relationship thing is true also

some just want to defend themselves in the real world

chads with egos get checked really fast and stop coming or lose their ego
>>
>>35740956
Are you that anon in Osaka with a daughter?
>>
>>35741004

>chads with egos get checked really fast and stop coming or lose their ego

Exactly. Where I live most chads are also sons of rich guys, they have had literally everything handed to them. They never struggled in life, which means they will not go far in any combat sport most likely. Fighters are usually quiet and humble, and come from horrific childhoods.
>>
File: 1456050019542.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1456050019542.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>35741033
very perceptive anon
>>
>>35740970
>BJJ
I have hard time imagining using it when someone tries to mug you.
>>
>>35740973
>>35740956
I strongly disagree. It's of course impossible to check and proof these things over internet but I don't believe in the slightest that a fit well dressed/groomed guy with interesting hobbies and abilities would say there is no positive impace on how he interacts with the world.
>>
>>35741120
It's actually quite useful. I've used grappling in real life fights before. It works.

As for getting mugged, hardly any martial art can really defend against a knife/gun/mutiple people.

Being able to fight just makes you better at being able to fight. Sometimes fighting isn't an option.
>>
>>35741144
>Sometimes fighting isn't an option.
Yeah, i do understand than the best use of martial art is never using it.
>>
>>35741128

None of those things guarantee you're physically attractive. Look at most pro MMA fighters. They're very fit, make pretty good money, have an interesting life style yet most aren't doing so well with the ladies. Most have average looking wives at best.

You would think a modern day gladiator would do well with women, but no, women want chad the pretty boy.
>>
>>35741201
>make pretty good money
I'm a pro fighter and this is very wrong unless youre in the top echelon of fighters
>>
>>35738673

I'm not really sure what it is that chads really do besides lift and go to the club.

I started lifting, but I don't feel like i'm gonna be chad for quite some time, maybe never.
>>
>>35741214

Yeah I'm talking about the top tier guys
>>
>>35740956
How much money do you make per fight?
>>
>>35741201
>None of those things guarantee
Sure but we're being constructive here. Certainly "I am in a Football team and love to drive motorcycles" is a better response in small talk then "i shitpost how much i hate women and normal people". Of course talking in extremes here but you get the jist.

>None of those things guarantee you're physically attractive
>but I don't believe in the slightest that a fit well dressed/groomed guy with interesting hobbies and abilities would say there is no positive impace on how he interacts with the world.
Of course it's not the only factor. Maybe not even the main factor. But it does affect you positively, moreso than not doing it. To which degree then one can only see if willing to do it
>>
File: 1489239555802.jpg (834KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1489239555802.jpg
834KB, 1536x1536px
>>35741332
Roughly around 300k yen to 400k yen per fight. Most I've made is 450k yen.

Literally fighting for scraps sometimes..
>>
>>35741201
That's less to do with surface-level attractiveness and more to do with the fact that fighters are generally not happy, well adjusted people. Most of them are at least a little bit fucked up.

I mean there are exceptions like Sage Northcutt or Luke Rockhold, but most MMA guys are nowhere near normies.
>>
>>35741446
>Roughly around 300k yen to 400k yen per fight. Most I've made is 450k yen.
wtf dude thats a lot. thats almost half a million. that's chad money right there
>>
>>35741498
>Northcutt began training in martial arts at the age of 4
How the fuck you can compete against it?
>>
>>35741515
He said yen m8. Considering how time consuming tt is to prepare for a fight, that's absolutely terrible money.
>>
>>35741498
MMA seems like the most jockiest douchiest sport there is. It sounds normie as fuck. It's probably full of chads and brodudes
>>
>>35740814
Yeah but he's Irish, they all have potato heads.

>>35738673
>>35740956

Can confirm, I've never trained "MMA" but I have trained in Boxing, Jiu Jitsu, Judo, and even some styles of Karate and Kung Fu.

Martial arts are full of robots and failed normies. Very few Chads.

>>35739839

Don't listen to the BJJ memers. If you're already a big guy and have trouble getting up by yourself, it'll be twice as hard with someone sitting on your chest trying to choke you out.

It all depends on what you want out of martial arts. Actual self-denfense? Just an excuse to get out of the house and move around? A way to build up your confidence and compete against other people?
>>
>>35741599
You have no idea what you're talking about man. Combat sports have never, ever been a Chad endeavor. Chads have way too much to lose for them to ever get serious about fighting. Why would a Chad want to risk permanent injury, including guaranteed marred facial features? Chad's life is too good for him to want to risk losing it.

Fighting has always been something for the fringes of society. The lower classes, the ugly, uneducated, crass folk. That's who have always made the best boxers, wrestlers, mixed martial artists, etc. Douchey upper middle class Chads are extremely rare in high level fighting.
>>
>>35740956
Are you good with women? Are you well dressed? Do you think being a martial artist helps makes you more desirable?
>>
>>35741674
>It all depends on what you want out of martial arts. Actual self-denfense? Just an excuse to get out of the house and move around? A way to build up your confidence and compete against other people?
I've been thinking about bjj, muay thai or kickbox. I'd like to use some leg work. I'm not really about getting into competitive scene but about confidence and hand of hand experience in fighting against other people.
>>
>>35741691
>>35741674

Could not agree more, have never met a real "chad" in boxing or MMA. Some will try it out though, but to keep showing up and sparring/training nah they did not last. Its not a sport for chads at all. Yes sage northcutt (who sucks btw) has chad looks, but he has been trained like a cyborg from his father. He is a home schooled weirdo kid with no social skills. Chad is the high school quarterback or guy in a top tier frat house in college.

Also, maybe because I'm 26 and older now, but fighting in general is just fucking stupid. Its not worth it in real life. Going out and getting into bar fights is for losers. Sport fighting is cool if you can make money off it.
>>
>>35741515
Those are Yen. To roughly convert that into US $ you take off the last two digits.

That's 4 thousand dollars a fight.

>>35741544
time consuming and moeny-consuming, as well as the fact that you can only fight so many times a year either due to your own body's injuries or just the athletic commissions or who is willing and able to book you for a fight.

>>35741599
It's really not. It's full of turbovirgins, autists, overly friendly guys, middle aged men, etc. Chad doesn't want to get cauliflower ear or anything.
>>
>>35741691
What're you talking about? Not even memeing here. Just look at how MMA guys act after winning. Buffing up their muscles and looking all ape-ish and yelling.

They're all roided out douches. "lol TAKEDOWN AND CHOKE HIM BRO YEA!"
>>
>>35741760
>Buffing up their muscles and looking all ape-ish and yelling.
It's literally their scene persona.
>>
>>35741760

Those are "meatheads", not really chads. And that is really only in MMA, and a small portion of MMA guys. You're not going to hear a guy like GSP saying shit like that. He's a quiet, humble guy.
>>
File: 1487604108167.jpg (59KB, 526x348px) Image search: [Google]
1487604108167.jpg
59KB, 526x348px
>>35741733
>Are you good with women?
I've only stuck my penis in one female my entire life
>Are you well dressed?
I dress like I have no job. Comfycore
>Do you think being a martial artist
Not really. Unless you're really good at it or a professional, martial arts/combat sports can come off as spergy and beta

All I do is train, and when I'm not training I'm at home taking care of my daughter or getting high or playing vidya.
>>
>>35741760
Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. Vast majority of successful fighters grew up poor, or had abusive parents, or have had some sort of general trauma in their lives. Some of them are straight out of the third world. Mixed martial artists are angry, broken people in general.

Besides, Chads aren't even "roided out douches" too begin with, most of them are ottermode.
>>
>>35741734
Kickboxing is just a sportier version of Muay Thai.

There's a few different rulesets but generally there are no knees or elbows or clinchfighting, which Muay Thai does have.

Muay Thai itself does have throws and sweeps, but not all of them are legal. Other martial arts like Sambo and Sanshou also have throws and sweeps.

If you're looking for self-defense, then go for Thai Boxing or Combat Sambo.

BJJ is great as a sport and has an active scene almost anywhere in the world. Just keep an eye out for McDojos because of how popular it's become over the last decade.
>>
>>35741911
How to know whenever the "class" is good? It does sparring?
>>
>>35741871
>Besides, Chads aren't even "roided out douches" too begin with, most of them are ottermode.

This so much. To me chad is usually like 6'0 - 6'3 and ottermode, wide shoulders. Young girls don't seem to be attracted to a lot of muscle, especially on shorter guys.
>>
>>35741931
Not the anon you're asking, but if a gym has put has several successful fighters (wether amateur or pro) then that's a sign that its a good place
>>
>>35741945
Does price always correlate with better gym quality?
>>
>>35741911
Why would you tell him to avoid mcdojos and then tell him to take thai boxing and combat sambo? Gonna be incredibly rare to find a legitimate gym teaching those disciplines, especially sambo. It's way easier to find good BJJ. Or better yet, just plain boxing. It's cheaper, simpler, but still one of the most effective striking styles disciplines out there.
>>
>>35740079
Dude are you actually fit though? Like seriously, can you see your abs and do you have close to a 1.6 shoulder-to-waist ratio? I mean, that's ideal so you don't really need to have that, but I've never seen a socially awkward outcast who was really fit
>>
>>35741745
>>35741691

Exactly. A "Chad" doesnt make it in MMA or any martial arts really because it's all about being humble. It's about walking in with a fresh white belt (or Tapout shorts) on your first day and admitting that you know nothing and are weaker & less skilled than everyone else there. It's about accepting your losses and learning from them.
>>
>>35741994
>Gonna be incredibly rare to find a legitimate gym teaching those disciplines, especially sambo
I live in Eastern Europe and sambo is pretty popular here.
>>
>>35742038
Fucking slavshit
>>
>>35742038
It's practically non-existent in western countries though. There are no sambo gyms within driving distance of me in the US. Not even sure there's one in my whole state.
>>
>>35742048
>slavshit
Not a slav tho.
>>
>>35741931
There's a few way, and of course it varies with what kind of martial arts gym you're into.

The first step, same with any other business, check out the reviews online and see what people have to say about the place in martial arts communities.

The gym or dojo should have absolutely no problem letting you sit in on a class to see how they operate, or even join in a free trial class.

If a gym claims to be part of a specific style or branch of martial art like Gracie Jiu Jitsu or Kyokushin Karate, they should have info about how their teacher was and their teacher's teacher and how it relates to the style they claim to be a part of. There also are worldwide & national martial arts organizations that regulate membership to their style.

Even if it's not a specific martial arts style or branch, they should be upfront and specific with where they trained.

>>35741945
Also this.

>>35741994
Thai Boxing is not rare at all. With the UFC blowing up since the mid 2000s Thai Boxing and Jiu Jitsu have also blown up.

As far as boxing goes, it's not nearly of a complete martial art as Muay Thai. Also generally the more popular and common a martial art is, like Boxing, then the more likely it is to have McDojos all over the place.
>>
catch me in the 2020 olympics, freestyle 74 kg

you'll know who I am
>>
File: aaa.jpg (12KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
12KB, 299x168px
>>35741691

its the adrenaline rush that comes with knocking someone out. it's extremely primal.
>>
File: black belt.webm (1MB, 460x258px) Image search: [Google]
black belt.webm
1MB, 460x258px
>>35738673
Martial arts, ranked:

Normie Tier
>MMA
>Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
>Boxing
>Thai Boxing

Cyborg/Failed Normie Mixed Bag Tier:
>Kyokushin Karate
>Judo
>Wrestling
>Kickboxing
>Tae Kwon Do
>Sambo

Definitely Robot Tier
>Karate, other styles
>Aikido
>Sanda & Sanshou
>Kung Fu
>Kenpo
>Ninjutsu
>military combat system

No Brakes On The Autism Train Tier
>Hapkido
>Kalaripayattu
>Capoeira
>Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Ba Gua Zhang & other internal Chinese styles
>Senegalese & Mongolian wrestling
>>
>>35738770
Steroids/drugs
>>
File: 1488185972424.gif (45KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1488185972424.gif
45KB, 499x499px
>>35739101
>you won't make a 360 personality change
>360
wanna bet?
>>
>>35739116
>naturally high
>>
>>35741674
>Actual self-denfense? Just an excuse to get out of the house and move around? A way to build up your confidence and compete against other people?
another anon here, i just wanna get rough and fight/spar with other guys so i can become strong and confident. i feel like i never got a chance to do that as a kid growing up and that has led me to be this goofy beta that i am today.
>>
>>35742627
>Capoeira
Isn't that dance fighting? That would come under normie tier, surely.
>>
File: tmp_4439-images(4)-1404412074.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4439-images(4)-1404412074.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
I did Muay Thai and Sambo for about a year before my gym closed. Really sucked because I enjoyed it immensely and the teachers there were awesome. Now I'm starting to get out of shape because I just don't have the motivation. There is an mma/bjj gym opening really close to me and I'm tempted to check it out.
>>
>>35739101
>tfw making 1080 degree noscope personality changes every day
>tfw still no gf
>>
>>35743002
>I did Muay Thai and Sambo for about a year before my gym closed
Is it hard for a beginner to learn Thai/Sambo?
>>
>>35742885
Personal bias coming through, but Kyokushin Karate is great for that.

The sparring is absolutely full contact. No gloves or chest protectors or shinpads or anything.

Obviously because of that they don't allow punches or elbows to the face or head during sparring, but sparring in Kyokushin is as much about being able to take a hit to your ribs or chest or legs, as it is about being able to dish it out. It's one of the few martial arts that gets really rough during practice.

There's also the Kumite to test upper black belts where you have to fight against as many other black belt fighters in a row as possible - again no gloves or pads.
>>
>>35740018
The beard is cool bro, and youre attractive, coming from another attractive guy.
>>
>>35742932
It's 99% dancing and 1% fighting moves. Typically the people who do Capoeira do it because of "cultural" reasons because they're genderfluid vegans with dreadlocks who think that Yoga is too commercial and mainstream for them these days.
>>
>>35743129
Not really. The only issues I had at the beginning with muay thai was the locking of the hips. Holy shit, It's going to hurt for a few months just to get your hips flexible enough. Other than that it's pretty easy. I had no experience with grappling so sambo was definitely different. Luckily the program was somewhat new so I got to jump in with a class full (sambo had like 6 people max) noobs.
>>
>>35743279
>locking of the hips
striking from the hips or it's just a stance?
>>
>>35743345
Hip fatigue. Your hips start to burn from all the movement they're not used to. Shoulders too.
>>
>>35743445
Did you gained any confidence while going there?
>>
>>35743468
I think I did. You're kinda forced into talking with people and progress is pretty obvious. I would recommend it.
>>
>want to learn a martial art
>look into local centres
>most classes are for kids, or full of kids
Are martial arts for children?
>>
>>35743468
Also, I don't know if this means something but I stopped having those weak punch dreams. Oddly enough I grapple in my dreams 100%. I thought I was better and had more practice in Muay thai. But I always seem to catch myself putting people in scarf holds (which is a very basic move).
>>
>>35743538
You really have to look for one's that offer adult classes. I've looked at places online that advertised karate/kidz zones where they do birthday parties.
>>
>>35743657
>tfw you will never have a karate birthday party with your bros
>>
>>35740669
>Conor is not a chad

Conor is an angry manlet from the ghettos of ireland

But he's rich because he's so good at talking shit
>>
>>35739704
You look like a fag and you fucking wear a trump hat. Nobody is interested in politics except for women, and they are universally against the President. Retard.
>>
>>35743689
Do you want to beat up your friends for your birthday?

You know, in that imaginary scenario where we have friends.
>>
>>35743798
No but I'd have my qt female friends beat me up.

if I had qt female friends....or friends at all...haha....look at the time, forgot to kill myself today
>>
>>35743538
>local centres

You mean like the local church basement and YMCA yoga room, or actual gym & dojo?

but yeah, kids are actually a selling point for martial arts gym because on one hand it is something that's supposed to be a lifelong commitment and started as young as possible but on the other it's also a good outlet for frustrated sugar-crazed kids to get their energy out for an hour while their parents sit in the back and browse tinder on their phones.
>>
I want to do BJJ (mainly to lose some weight) but I'm afraid I'll pop a boner in class (I'm actually 99% that would never happen since I'd be there to learn BJJ but there's still a small chance, I don't wanna risk it). Can a cup prevent/hide boners?
>>
>>35743871

>Grappling
>15
>Free for all
>Grappling 3 women at once
>Old guy tells me having three women on you is a once in a lifetime thing
>No idea what he's talking about
>Just lay there because their weak and can't tap me
>Almost 10 years later
>Finally understand what he meant
>Should have covertly got an erection and rubbed it on them

Missed chances man
>>
>>35739227
Training 11 hours a day isn't going to give you a reach advantage and the punching power of people 2 weight classes above you. Conor is genetically gifted, if any of us had his gifts we wouldn't be here.
>>
>>35741691
FRINGE CLASS
>>
>>35743871
kek

I actually did BJJ when I was like 13 or 14

This one girl I had crush on from school showed up at the gym one day.

Since we knew each other and were the only teens in the adults class, we always rolled with each other.

She would be between my legs and I would be between her legs and I could smell her sweat & deodorant and feel her breathe on my neck and then see her grin and smirk when she managed get on top of me or get submission, and see her struggling and looking helpless whenever I was on top of her or getting my own submission, our teenager bodies violently bumping and grinding against each other.

I never not once came even close to popping a boner. I wanted to fight and win. When you're in fight or flight mode sending blood to your dick is the last thing on you body's list of priorities.

I would later totally beat off and cum buckets at the memories of me getting to touch her though.
>>
>>35743960

Conor has long arms for his tiny body

But when you're at that level everyone is a genetic freak so natural talent washes out and only hard work and dedication is left to decide the number 1 from the number 2, 3 etc

Genetic talent will get you to the starting line of the race at the olympics but it won't get you first across the finish line
>>
>>35742627
what about kyukido
>>
>>35744068
>Genetic talent will get you to the starting line of the race at the olympics but it won't get you first across the finish line
Wrong way around, anon. Genetic talent is what gets you across the finishing line first.
>>
>>35743829
The local gyms only do girly "self-defense" classes. And there are no dojos.
>>
>>35744077
Choo-choo my man.

Unless you're actually Korean.
>>
>>35744166

You could have all the talent in the world but you're wasting it sitting on your fat ass
>>
>>35738673
>willingly getting brain damaged
>>
>>35738770
They are very light for their size, Conor walks around at 170 lbs down to 155lbs. Considering he's in great shape compared to the average person he also doesn't have as much fat either.
>>
So, can cups prevent or hide boners? Are they even allowed in BJJ?
>>
>>35740743
The people that are really good at any sport or profession are generally not very secure people. Extremely successful people tend to have insecurity because it requires a lot to get there, its that attitude of nothing will ever be good enough. For the guys like Michael Jordan or Jerry Rice it was always a fear of failure where no matter how many championships they won they were always a step away from being a pathetic failure.
>>
>>35744962
The gym I went to didn't allow cups so that you may not bash a dude with your armored balls.
>>
>>35744962
>Are they even allowed in BJJ?

They're allowed in gyms and traning, but most tournaments don't allow them since it's a major leverage point for an arm-bar.

If you get so horny that you pop a boner while rolling, then you're going to pop a boner. It's going to be awkward and painful for you and it'll make your cup pop out at a weird angle as well.

Most guys will wear compression shorts at least if they train nocup.
>>
>>35738673
Because I'm not interested in any "chad" things
>>
>>35744340
Exactly. That's why effort comes first but talent is what gives you the extra you need to pull ahead and win.
>>
>>35738673
Because I don't like beer
I don't like sports
I don't like fashion
I don't use social media
I don't vote
And I don't drive
>>
>>35744962
>>35745216
Are gayboy boners really that common among wrestlers and all that?

Should strive to be more like >>35744061
>>
>>35738673
This is my plan. I've realized it's become Chad or die miserable and alone. I don't understand how people on this site can see how Chad gets everything in life while robots get nothing and not commit their entire life to becoming Chad.
>>
>>35738770
>that face
>masculine
>>
>>35745336
to be interpreted as:

>I have nobody to drink with
>I'm too lazy for sport
>I lack confidence to dress well/too fat for fashion
>I don't have anything of worth to show to others
>i'm lazy
>i'm lazy

I'm not hating because I'm the same.
>>
>>35739431
Male prime is at 28 dude. You're not even there let alone past it.
>>
>>35743781
I hate to agree. Unless the trump hat is just for shits and giggles, I assume said person is pretty open about their views if they'd don a Trump hat in all seriousness.

Anon isn't getting laid because sometimes being truthful about certain things is lady repellent. Being outright about conservative/right winged views is social suicide in many areas.
>>
>>35740840
You need to compete professionally bro. That will change your confidence with women.
>>
>>35745463
That would suggest people have a hivemind. That everyone likes the same things but it's just that some people are too lazy or useless to do them. Thus making all other hobbies sort of a 'fox and grapes'-type thing.
>>
>>35745623
>he thinks its easy to just compete professionally in mixed martial arts
>>
>>35745711
Nothing in life worth doing is easy. You only get rewarded by doing things that are hard.
>>
>>35745463
Your interpretation is off.

If I enjoyed alcohol I'd happily drink it alone, I've done plenty of drugs alone.

I didn't even realize confidence was a factor here? anyway I'm pretty fit I just don't want to spend my money on it.

I have a lot of cool shit to show off. I'll show them on my phone or laptop but if they ask why I don't have Instagram or Snapchat I just say I'm not interested, the real reason is paranoia.

I've looked at "the issues" in detail, including the ones that people seem to freak out about. None of that shit is a big deal to me, possible exception is net neutrality but to be honest the topic is still boring as fuck even if it is important, also unless you live in a swing state voting is a waste of time, wouldn't you rather be playing vidya?

Public transport gets me everywhere I care to.

It's interesting to see how far off the mark you are though, that's nuts.
>>
>>35746021
Oh yeah sport, I dunno just don't want to. Maybe that is laziness. But I definitely don't want to watch it either, and you can't really be too lazy for TV right?
>>
>>35745711
Nah, it's pretty easy to compete. Winning, or even competing not shit, is a different matter.

The first enemy you must overcome is apathy. You must begin to care.
Next, you must slay fear.
After that comes possibly the mightiest enemy, and one who will keep coming back time and time again like comic superhero villain: Self-Doubt.

After that, you start fighting actual dudes.
>>
>>35745955
Fapping is pretty easy, as is taking a shower and eating. All worthwhile activities.
>>
>>35741749
That's still pretty good...
>>
>>35739947
based bas at it again
>>
>>35746672
It's not.

On average MMA fighters will get at most 4 MAYBE 5 fights a year, two or three fights a year being more realistic.

At 4 thousand dollars a fight, split between your training camp, that's not great.

That's a part-time job with full-time work.
>>
>>35742627
my experience with judo:
>freshman year
>was 15 yo, below average weight
>starts practicing judo because low self-esteem
>had the idea that anyone can take down another person/attacker with technique and destabilizing the opponent
>first classes doing well, am the autistic who likes meditation, japanese culture and determination
>until one day my teacher said: "it's time to practice sparring"
>oh, forgot about that
>teacher called me to sparr with another student
>am excited, time to show the world my sick skills
>"HAJIME"
>was on the floor, with people around me
>had not idea how the fuck I ended up on the floor
>apparently the guy threw me with such force that it shook my brains out
>n-nani
>days passed, the same shit
>i had actually no strength, the other dudes were only using pure sheer brutal force to take me down
>teacher enforces that we should use technique instead of force
>students don't listen
>mfw got frustated and quit
>>
I'm doing exactly that.

It's not that bad. It's only bad because I'm doing work+uni at the moment, but I really, really want to be a Chad (got all the pillars for it, just a lanklet), so I'm having to work for that too. But I haven't missed a workout in a good while and I'm starting to get bigger so I'm happy. Gotta get tanning now too.

Then after that comes the social stuff. I've already done a lot of that, just got exhausted of it 2 years ago when I was hanging out with literally 15-20 people pretty regularly.

I'm a robot, that was just a peak period in my life.
>>
>>35746873
Did you not learn breakfalls? The only way to get KOed by a throw is if your teacher never taught you how to fall properly so you smack your head on the ground when you land.
>>
>>35746978
Almost sure that I didn't. This year a friend taught me how to do it properly, and I noticed the difference.
>>
>>35747277
Sounds like you learned some mcdojo meme-judo, RIP your brain cells. Your first month should have been spent rolling around and slapping the mat (with your hands, not your face).
>>
>>35747324
>mfw was always scared to join a mcdojo
>joins one without realizing it
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.