[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be sitting in class at uni > overhear classmates talking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

>be sitting in class at uni
> overhear classmates talking about Reddit
>"Yeah I browse Reddit for about 30 min before I go to school"
>"OMG I just found the funniest subreddit yesterday"
>"Like, it's the one website I go on to just relax"
> start to grip my desk in frustration and begin getting irrationally angry to the point where I furrow my brows

What is it about people talking about this website that makes me so uncontrollably disgusted? As soon as someone mentions Reddit I lose most respect for them and assume that they are the most basic human subtype.

Does anyone else ever feel like this?
>>
It's because you go on 4chan, also known as reddit but good.
>>
>>35738061
It's okay man, it's okay

Don't hurt them they don't know any better than to follow mainstream normiedom, just let them flourish in their biosphere
>>
Probably because you are a mentally ill fag who was brainwashed into thinking any community outside 4chan is cancer (and some are...)
>>
Are we still pretending that 4chan isn't reddit?
>>
>>35738061
Autism my original friend
>>
But does reddit hate 4chan as much as we hate those shiteating faggot?
>>
reddit is code word for 4chan, everyone knows that by now
>>
>>35738061
Reddit is better than 4chan, you autistic fuck. The only thing 4chan has going for it is its lack of censorship
>>
>>35738103
I mean I almost feel bad myself because they make me angry, but I mean they're really just normies who pretend to be socially awkward(because they used a wrong word and got embarrassed or something of that caliber) and offbeat and nerdy (Oh wow you like superheroes and have seen naruto and watch game of thrones)but really all have girlfriends, jobs, go to the gym, the bar to hang with friends. Like they pretend to be what we actually are.
Now I know how black people felt when white people started listening to rap and acting ghetto
>>
>He still hasn't progressed past 'muh scret club' state of browsing 4ch
Reddit, whilst shitty has good content. Just as 4ch.

t. someones whos been here longer than you
>>
>>35738180
>"Oh you go on 4chan... I heard that place is scary :c"
>>
>>35738061

I just typed in reddit for the first time, went to it. Looked like shit so i clicked new, looked like newer shit so i left. You gotta be some kind of gay to spend enough time on there to find anything worthwhile.
>>
>>35738189

>how blacks felt when whites listened to rap
Kek true

Yeah it's almost therapeutic to them, they likely do it so they can feel unique, humans feel lost without purpose
>>
Reddit is more diverse than 4chan. Normies and old folks browse there, in addition to 4chan users. It's a huge website, and all kinds of people use it.

As far as your reaction goes, yeah I've felt that way. Usually when people talk about "memes"
>>
>>35738061
Reddit makes me irrationally mad too mainly because of the community praising epic nerdy remarks for upboats. These kind of people end up in my video game communities and never offer anything new or interesting
>>
This is a website that IS mainstream. R9k is a board for children and autism.

Stop going on about reddit. Its so cringe. Its a different website that is also mainstream, and has a different posting system.

Thats all there is too it. Most people in there 20s and older browse both.
>>
>be growing /g/ before programming class starts
> brogrammer looks over and asks what I'm on
> Oh just this tech board on 4chan
> is that like Reddit?
>>
>>35738237
They arent on the same level of autism as you, but that doesn't mean they can't be autistic and are just pretending to be autist.
>>
File: 1456343511.jpg (9KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
1456343511.jpg
9KB, 208x242px
>>35738357
Did you originally murder him?
>>
>>35738187
You also don't have to reveal your identity here.
>>
My mom uses reddit. I use it for some niche sublebbits, but the wider 'culture' on that site is repulsive.
>>
>>35738378

You can make a new account each time you post if you're worried about that. And I wouldn't call usernames "revealing your identity" anyways.
>>
>>35738208
Yeah because 200 reply chains to some shitty cringeworthy joke is really better. People also think their opinion is fact and become disgusted at the thought of someone not agreeing with them, just look at faggots who edits their post with "Edit: Why am I getting downvoted?". There's also so many whiteknight fedoratipper faggots on there it's unbearable.

Content is okay-tier on very small subreddits, and when I mean content it's usually useful information about an obscure videogame or something in that order but other than that reddit is fullblown cancer that should get gassed.

t. someone who browsed reddit for videogame news in highschool and already then hated the fedoratippers on there
>>
>>35738061
It's because you're socially retarded and see something disingenuous about them conforming to trends when in truth they just get that familiarity with popular things is not about some phony or bad sense of taste but strictly an easy avenue for social connections by having common ground/connection with a larger number of people.

They don't care what "it" is, they just know that "it" is where people are and they actually like people and know how to deal with them and it chaps your ass.
>>
>>35738458
Yeah smaller subreddits that pretty much have no culture or in group mentality are mostly fine but only for getting advice on the subject, not actually discussion.
Even on some video game communities there's agreed upon universally good and bad games and that's when the culture starts to leak in
>>
>>35738061
How dare they visit a site that you don't like! /s
>>
>>35738208
>disliking a website that isn't 4chan means you think 4chan is your "sekrit club"
Wow, nice logic there sport
>>
>>35738180
>4chan? so you're into CP?
>>
They conflate just making a joke to being sarcastic and it makes me pisses
>>
>>35738642
You forgot your /s
>>
>>35738061
People thinking they're more profound and interesting than they actually are.

Same thing people do for anything pseudo nuanced representing the medium they're interested in. Mechanics make fun of the Ford mustang, writers make fun of Atlas Shrugged and people that dick around in online communities make fun of hipster pseudo-intellects that act like they're above the mainstream for liking slightly different things but can never justify why it's supposed to be better.

On a side note redditors are absolutely repugnant people. They don't have to be but it's a maypole for the worst human beings that represent all the worst that Gen Z has to offer.
>>
>"wow! I can't believe how much this post blew up overnight! This is amazing, I'll try and reply to as many people as I can"
>"Obligatory Edit: thanks for the gold kind stranger!"
>"2nd Edit: accidentally typed wrong word. Forgive me!"

And then they eat this shit up
>>
>>35738061
>Hanging out with someone
>They tell me they found some funny thing on 9gag
>I burst out laughing before they tell me what it was
>They look confused
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.