[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can you please redpill me on the following things: >calories

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 15

File: jamesk.jpg (36KB, 634x357px) Image search: [Google]
jamesk.jpg
36KB, 634x357px
can you please redpill me on the following things:

>calories in < calories out
>diet soda
>no fat/carb diets
>eating vegetables and other "healthy" shit
>exercise
>>
>>35736568
If you spend less calories than you take in, you'll lose weight, period. If you don't, it's because you're misscounting calories. That's just thermodynamics.

>diet soda
Just drink fucking water you fat piece of lard

>no fat/carb diets
Don't bother with any of that shit. Eat less. That's all you have to do. When you want to eat, just don't. That's all there is to it.

It's cheaper to buy vegetables and to cook them than to buy McDonalds. You won't get thinner by eating the same crap you usually do and adding vegetables to it.

>exercise
Exercise makes you spend more calories. But if you're eating more than that it's useless.

So eat less. And take a fucking walk.

But mainly, eat less.

You piece of shit.
>>
>>35736655
>Exercise makes you spend more calories
Technically right, but it's not significant unless you run marathons on a daily basis.
>>
>>35736568
your body burns and needs fat, atleast if your exercising. If you replace all your carbs with fats you will end up burning fat. I don't remember the science behind it but I've heard from mutliple bodybuilders online that do that to cut weight. I tried once or twice and did see/feel a change, it left with a lot less energy too, so I figured it was working.
look into it
>>
>>35736673
That's right. He just needs to stop fucking eating enough food to feed nigeria.

I'm just saying, taking a fucking walk won't hurt, it's good for him regardless of how much it helps with weightloss.

The main thing is just to put down the fucking fork.
>>
>>35736655
>If you don't, it's because you're misscounting calories

What if you're in starvation mode? Can you redpill me on that please.
>>
>>35736748
Does not exist unless you are seriously underweight already.
>>
>>35736748
It's bullshit. There's no such thing.

Calories in, calories out. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>35736770

what if I'm so fucking hungry my stomach hurts? Do I just have to deal with the pain? How is that a way to live?
>>
>>35736862
You're right, you should just end your pathetic life.

You're probably so fat right now that you're never going to shed the excess skin, and your reward system must be completely out of whack.
>>
>>35736862
your body is accustomed to eating far too much food, it will tell you that you are hungry if you drop below this level, over time, you will become accustomed to more reasonable portions. also you can fight hunger pangs by heating extremely airaited food like rice cakes, they fill your stomach while containing almost no calories.
>>
>>35736748
all that will do is reduce your calories out.
>>
its tru, but due to metabolism states, often you fatasses won't have energy to get those calories out because you feel absolutely exhausted.
>diet soda
rots your teeth, its still acidic. also tricks your tongue to get used to sweet tastes, making you develop a high baseline for "sweet" and "satisfying" which is no bueno if you want to eat healthy food.
>no fat/carb diets
you should probably cut unnecessary carbs, you get plenty of carbs in a western/ first world diet anyways. Use good oils when cooking and stop eating deep fried shit.
yes, you should have a varied and wholesome diet. Eating veggies is actually good for you, theres a real reason why fresh produce and leafy greens are recommended instead of canned/ frozen veggies.
>exercise
depends on your job, at least try to get some. if you find the right kind of exercise for you, its like free drugs.
>>
>>35737124
also forgot to mention that a lot of "health foods" aren't actually healthy and are actually packed with useless carbs and sugar to make them taste less like ass.
>>
>tfw fast metabolism
>Generally I eat healthy, lots of fruit/water
>Only physical activity is walking to and from work
>Can pig out and drink a 2 liter of soda and eat a whole family bag of Doritos and feel no side effects
>Only downside is I shit a lot
>>
>>35737004
Yep, it's literally a physical effect -- when you regularly overeat, the stomach gets stretched out and makes you more intensely hungry.

If you can cope with a week or so of eating less, your stomach will get smaller and you'll desire to eat nowhere near as much. (Eating filling food like rice cakes, unfortunately, works against that.)
>>
When I was in jail there was this co who was fucking massive, Ms. Heather was huge okay. She was even bigger last year. She went on a high fat zero carb first and lost 60 lbs in 6 months. When your body has no carbs it needs another source of energy so it burns fat instead.
>>
>>35737231
>live a healthy lifestyle
>can occasionally be unhealthy
wow anon how fucking unique and interesting
>>
>>35738184
No you moron by cutting out carbs that planet could no longer enjoy doghnuts and other high caliorie treats.

She effectively imposed a calorie restriction diet due to her eating less by cutting out a food group
>>
>>35738242
I don't understand how americucks can be so retarded about this.
>>
Objective truth
>diet soda
Boosts your appetite, so you shouldn't really drink them that often. Might also cause cancer in the long run
Low in calories, high in vitamins
>exercise
Usually worth it
>>
I lost 200lbs, here's my spit:

Low carb works really well, but it's kind of hard.
Low calorie works alright, but it's easy to do at first so a lot of people start with this.
If you're obese you just need to walk more, get a step counter of some sort (app/watch/pedometer) and try to get 10,000 a day.
No you don't need to lift, you'll only hurt yourself if you're obese or waste your time because it's not enough weight.
Do not run if you're obese, you'll hurt yourself.

Intermittent fasting works well and it's easy as hell. After you eat dinner tonight set your phone timer for 16 hours and don't eat anything until that timer goes off. After awhile you can do 18 hours. I do 20 hours. I plan on doing 36 hours in the next few weeks. It gets easier as you get used to it.

Feels good being in a XL shirt again, instead of 4XL...
>>
>>35738184
>When your body has no carbs it needs another source of energy so it burns fat instead.

>>35736655
>Don't bother with any of that shit. Eat less. That's all you have to do. When you want to eat, just don't. That's all there is to it.

WHICH ONE IS IT??? COUNTING CALORIES OR NO CARBS??????
>>
>>35738499
Calories in vs calories out is the only thing that matters. How many times do I need to say this? Are you retarded on top of being a sweaty waste of space?
>>
>>35736862
Eat less dense food. Have low calorie stuff for eating that won't push you over your budget. Like a cabbage or related vegetable. You literally cannot get fat eating cabbages.
>>
I'm telling you anon, zero carbs and less calories
>>
>>35738680
As a permanently fit guy, high carb (from ***whole*** foods) is working well for me. I'd be eating way too much omega-6 if I tried to do high fat.
>>
This is to loose weight you rube of course high carb is keeping your weight up.
>>
Okay, I've worked out a diet plan for me

A Pizza Hut medium pizza is 2000 calories. I plan to have half a pizza a day and snack on a big bowl of potato chips to ease my hunger in between the pizza. I'll also drink diet cola which is 0 calories so it won't do anything.

That adds up to about 1500 calories a day, so I should be able to lose from this.
>>
>>35738762
expensive, low volume, lacking several nutrients, excesses of other shit
>>
Is it true coffee (No sweetener no creamer) helps because it gives you an energy boost without calories?
>>
>>35738790
>expensive

I have the money. I'm actually saving with this plan because I buy more food than that daily.
>>
>>35738804
It stunts appetite, takes of space, and is enjoyable. Up to six cups a day of *****black****** coffee has been observed to be marginally beneficial for health. The downsides are stained teeth, and headaches/lethargy if you quit abruptly.
>>
>>35738843
So maybe 3 cups a day with an hour of cardio and what 1700 calories to help drop weight?
>>
>>35738816
Try to eat whole plant foods. Half a pizza a day will leave you hungry. If you're already eating ad libitum, continuing to do that with lower density foods will bring you to a lighter equilibrium effortlessly. Maybe above your goal, but less fat than you are now. And then you can add additional restrictions when you plateau too much.
>>
>>35738870
Think of it as a "snack" to have in place of a real snack.
>>
>>35738870
Reductionist nutrtition is too tedious for most to sustain. You should focus on changing your habits. Losing weight isn't something you do once and then you're done. You need to change permanently to keep it off permanently. Eat like a fit person to remain a fit person.
>>
>>35738901
Ah ok. So stave off snack urges with it. Many thanks anon. I'm 230IB and have lost 30 pounds but once I got 230 I just couldn't seem to lose anymore and am trying to find ways to help get more off.
>>
>>35736655
This is the best post on this board right now.
>>
>>35738882

Plants taste like shit though. I think I'd rather suffer being hungry sometimes if it means I stick with delicious pizza.
>>
>>35739027
Pizza is mostly plants. Wheat, tomato, onions, etc. Whole wheat pizza can be part of a fit diet. If it's white wheat instead of red wheat, you can hardly tell it's whole wheat.
>>
>>35736568
as most people have said its less about exercise and more about diet.

You really don't need to eat as much as you think you do. When I was going skellington mode cause I was so fat I would go to the gym 5 times a week in the late afternoon then eat a chicken wrap after. If it got into the point where I was in serious pain I would fry literally one egg and scarf it down but usually just chugging water or drinking coffee or smoking a cigarette if you're into that makes the hunger go away.

Also water is not a meme. Just drink it literally every chance you get and fat will melt off seriously its mind blowing. Cut out everything else and just drink water and after like a week soda will literally taste disgusting
>>
>>35739027
>Plants taste like shit though
Maybe because you're too accustomed to sweet stuff you fat fuck. Plats are delicious if you cook them.
>>
>>35739065
nigga pizza is not mostly plants its literally dough (starch, shit) with tomato sauce (sugar, shit) and cheese (dairy/fat, shit) all that other plant shit is just fluff

dont get me wrong i love pizza as well and typically eat it on cheat days but lets not pretend its healthy or worth trying to make healthy
>>
>>35736902
Drink a lot of water. At least 2 liters a day and especially drink before meal so you will feel more full after you ate.
Also eat lots of proteins, they saturate you well while you don't have to take much calories.
>>
>>35739148
Everything but the meat and cheese comes from plants, not some magical chocolate factory.
>>
>>35739089
>Maybe because you're too accustomed to sweet stuff you fat fuck

Well yeah. Everyone has individual unique tastes. Everyone but autists know that.
>>
>>35736568
Carbs are the worst possible thing you can eat. You should eat your bodyweight in grams of protein (amerifat scale).

The rest of your calories should be fat.

Calories in, calories out only applies to like macros.

If you ate 2000 kcal in carbs you'll gain a ton of weight vs 2000 kcal of fat.
>>
File: 1481168124416.jpg (50KB, 540x477px) Image search: [Google]
1481168124416.jpg
50KB, 540x477px
>>35738631
>Calories in vs calories out is the only thing that matters

>>35739200
>If you ate 2000 kcal in carbs you'll gain a ton of weight vs 2000 kcal of fat.

Healthfags still can't make up there minds
>>
>>35739191
You can either change what you like (and it can be done), or have a shorter and lower quality life.
>>
File: fat (2).jpg (53KB, 610x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fat (2).jpg
53KB, 610x1000px
>>35738495
What if I'm not exactly obese but most of my fat is stored in my legs (thighs),hips and especially in my belly (it's hanging quite badly).
How do I fix that in a reasonable manner?
I kinda look like pic related, only difference being that, like mentioned before, a lot of fat on hips/belly and thighs.
>>
>>35739191
>cooking vegetables
Fucking plebian you faggot.
You eat that shit fresh and don't cook it (maybe just steam it for a very short time).
>>
>>35739330
eat whole plant foods and do more cardio :^)

Weird fat distributions can be caused fucked up hormones. If you eat more fiber and less animal matter full of actual estrogen, your hormones will be less fucked up.
>>
>>35739330
Gaining muscle and losing fat will help you. If you carry fat poorly, there's not much you can do about it except get not-fat.

Although for you, maybe ask your doctor about a hormones panel because you straight up have the body shape of a trans person.
>>
>>35739234
Think about it like this, your body does whatever it can to store carbs, if you only need 1400 calories a day to stay alive, your body will store the other 600 calories as body fat.

Your body uses the fat and protein you need for that day and then you shit out the excess.
>>
>>35736568
Your body is like a computer, your mind is its programmer. But your mind can be programmed and run by other minds as well.

To unlock the programming capabilities of your own mind you first have to free some memory. Programs that take up the most memory are all-explanatory belief systems like 'hard materialism', 'Christianity', 'Agnosticism' and even 'Nihilism'. When you free more and more memory you'll be able to pay more and more attention to the present moment, i.e. your processing power grows. With this extra processing power, you can program the reality you experience in various ways, provided you are proficient with coding language (symbolism/storytelling). Use your hard drive for inspiration.

People get fat mainly because they worry about their weight. Worry is like malicious code, the result of several programs conflicting with each other.

All metaphor of course.
>>
>>35739382
Former fat ass here

1) cardio is only for general health, not weight loss
2) whole food diet is great, vegan is better than mcdonalds but inferior to whole foods diet that contains organic meats and fish.
>>
>>35739465
"Calories" is a measure of energy. Your body makes fat and muscles out of excess energy. (Muscles also take amino acids, which only come from protein). Extra energy is stored as fat regardless of its source.

You may be thinking of glycogen storage. Glycogen is the body's short-term storage for sugars, but your body only "holds onto" a few hundred grams of glycogen, and it's constantly used and replenished.
>>
>>35739556
>(((organic)))
Something can only be better for certain when it is better just by being what it apparently is.
>>
>>35739382
I see okay and how much meat am I allowed to eat every week?
The only kind of meat I eat is chicken and turkey, cooked with a bit of olive oil.
I already eat whole plant foods everyday of the week.
>>35739445
Okay I understand, so the people are right I need to build muscle to make myself look reasonably good.
>Although for you, maybe ask your doctor about a hormones panel because you straight up have the body shape of a trans person.
Yeah I will do a bloodtest tomorrow and later will find out if I lack testosterone.
>>
>>35736568
>>calories in < calories out
basic of diet. literally most important thing
>>diet soda
better than regular soda, but worse than water
>>no fat/carb diets
nah, juts tune it down
>>eating vegetables and other "healthy" shit
its good, but healthy food is balanced not veggies only
>>exercise
good but unnecessary. Can be bad in some situations
>>
>>35739574
The obesity epidemic in America came about because Americans were told to carbo load. It's nearly impossible to over eat on whole meats and vegetables, you can gain 100 lbs just from eating cereal.
>>
>>35739648
I agree with you on that but it's because it's easier to get full for fewer calories on meats and veg. A calorie is a calorie.
>>
>>35736568
GO TO /fit/
Theyll know more about this than us
>>
>>35739724
That isn't saying much.
>>
>>35739700
No, carbs are essentially useless unless it's fiber, fats and proteins are 100% necessary.
>>
>>35739700
Test it out, eat 3000 calories of only carbs for 2 weeks, then for two weeks eat only fats and protein.

Guaranteed you'll gain weight with the first and not the second.
>>
keto is dum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzHLAqyO7PQ
>>
>>35739330
Just so you know, I'd fuck you
>>
>>35736568
If you want to eat heavy, you gotta lift heavy and inject heavy, otherwise you'll be a fat fuck.
>>
All I know is that I went from 285 lbs on a bread and fast food heavy diet to 255 lbs on a whole meat and vegetable diet in the course of 3 months and I eat more.
>>
File: 1488984154668.jpg (31KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1488984154668.jpg
31KB, 657x527px
>>35740002
>all those faggot degenerates on r9k
wtf do you faggots even want here? Go to your designated trap and gay threads at least.
>>
File: fasting.jpg (55KB, 762x512px) Image search: [Google]
fasting.jpg
55KB, 762x512px
Fasting works wonders.
>>
Intermittent fasting is great too.
>>
File: 1467743286303s.jpg (7KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
1467743286303s.jpg
7KB, 250x231px
>>35739613
>exercise
>good but unnecessary.
>Can be bad in some situations
>>
File: Primal_connection.gif (297KB, 1000x4250px) Image search: [Google]
Primal_connection.gif
297KB, 1000x4250px
The paleo diet eliminates your risk of diabetes and kills obesity.

PS: A diet is something you do permanently, not just for a time.
>>
>>35740174
And this guide helps you go with it.
>>
>>35736568
Diet soda is fine when losing weight (Guy I know dropped ~50kg drinking it all the time doing no carb, barely exercising)
Fat is good for you, it makes you feel full. Drop carbs completely.

The thing about the diet meme is that you'll feel hungry sometimes. You just have to train yourself not to go get something to fill you up just because you feel a bit of hunger.
>>
>>35740145
He's right though, if you're literally just a fat blob of mass, you first need to eat healthy and slowly lose enough weight so your body gets in a state were it can handle the exercise first.
>>
>>35736568
heres advice from a guy whose parents are doctors, and who is thin with perfect figure while eating whatever and how much i want and without excersizing, whose family has diabetes genes

what ever you eat you have to burn it with physical activity
THATS LITERALLY IT
JUST FUCKING GO FOR A WALK EACH DAY
>>
>>35740222
There was this guy with morbid obesity who fasted for 382 days and lost most of his weight.

Look it up, all he took during that time was just water and vitamin supplements.

http://www.menshealth.com/health/craziest-diet-ever
>>
>>35740222
Just start lifting weights, it's easy, I started lifting with just dumbbells while I was watching tv.
>>
>>35740235
You know how much you have to walk to walk off a fucking happy meal?

Hint it's about 7 hours.
>>
>>35740174
What's wrong with muh beans?
>>
>>35736568
I used to be a fat fuck.
Would eat salad, smother it with sauce and shit, and pretend its healthy.

Ive become incredibly infuriated with how people define "healthy" food. It's become synonymous with "organic" and other buzzwords that merely increase the cost (and rightfully so considering the processes that are needed).

I lost 75lbs in 6 months eating jack-in-the-box 5-7 days a week and not seeing the inside of a gym.

It was simple - Keto.

Keto does NOT change the calories-in-calories-out fundamentals, but shifts the equilibrium in your favor by causing thermodynamically unfavorable METABOLIC processes assuming you dont eat excessive quantities of fat.

It was because I cant keep a running tally of calories, but COULD keep a running tally of carbohydrates.

Id get 4 beef patties, 4 slices of cheese, and eat it with a knife and fork in a bowl and drank diet dr p or unsweet tea. And the best part was that it was cheaper than my usual meal (large bacon ult cheese w curly fries and soda) and actually filled me for the day.

I worked infinitely longer hours due to the feeling of fullness and at the end, felt incredibly good because I was finally getting approached by qt3.14 azns.

Mind you, they were all butch lesbians trying to peg me, and the odd gay guy, but it was the first sexual female attention Id gotten in my life, period.
>>
>>35740302
Already do, at least three times a week. Although it's not even much, just got a 10 kg dumbbell weight and I do some push ups and sit ups, 3 sets of 8 reps each.
>>
>>35740174
Paleo is bullshit with no scientifically evaluated mechanisms of action. It is literally an appeal to antiquity ("its what our ancestors did!" Well, our ancestors FUCKING DIED BEFORE SEEING 30).

Keto has clinical studies through the VA suggesting it can be an effective TREATMENT for diabetes ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1325029/ ) and had many agreed-upon MECHANISMS OF ACTION (the sort of thing ORGANIC CHEMISTS can DRAW ON A FUCKING BLACKBOARD) since ADIPOSE TISSUE METABOLITES SERVE THE BIOLOGICAL ROLE OF CARBOHYDRATES IN THE BRAIN.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2874681/

If some fuckhead comes to you suggesting a diet that changes the Cal-in-Cal-out system, DEMAND CITATIONS
>>
>>35740697
And before that fucker with the infographs says the citations are on the second one,

THOSE ARENT CITATIONS, YOU FUCK.
Citations are through PUBLISHED SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS, not SOME WEBSITE SOME FUCKHEAD MADE TO SHILL A SHITTY IDEA
>>
This is what my country tells me I should eat. Someone redpill me on this.
>>
The basic weightloss plan. Calorie is a unit of measurement for energy. If you don't eat enough the body will catabolize the body's fat, carbohydrate, and protein stores to provide energy and makeup the difference. You want to enter a 'starvation mode' where the body preferentially uses fat, but there will still be some degree of carb and protein loss. Don't worry about optimal starvation mode, you can't fail so long as you're in it.
>diet soda
Typically a carbonated soft drink that provides no energy. I'm partial to them because I get the shits/stomach ache/heart fuckiness in the morning if I eat something before my body stops being a little bitch.
>no fat/carb diets
Stupid as fuck. To lose weight you want to increase fat, as a general rule. Forget ratios though, just get in starvation mode.
Its personal taste. Eat what you like, keeping the energy in mind of course. Nutrients are a meme. You piss out water soluble vitamins and can't be malnourished if you're fat.
>exercise
This just means something fun you do. Hardly worth mentioning in the context of losing weight. Just keep doing things you enjoy. It's the energy from food that is the problem. Activity will not make you less likely to lose weight.
>>
File: IMG_0531.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0531.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>35739027
I lost >100 pounds eating like shit, don't let these LARPing faggots tell you it isn't possible.

pic related poverty IIFYM fast food
>>
Oh, and the diet works by starving your brainmeats of its primary fuel source - carbs.
It demands blood ketones which requires the chemical breakdown (burning) of adipose (fat) tissue to supply it.

The process is exothermic and thermodynamically irreversible - it takes energy to make it into fat again.

Its hard to fuck up such a simple diet, but possible with excessive dietary fat intake.

Mostly the diet works through suppressing hunger and indirectly reducing calorie intake, as adipose breakdown is somewhat negligible on a whole-body scale in terms of energy.
>>
>>35739234

A ton is 2000lbs. You would need 7000000 calories of fat or carbs to gain that much weight.
>>
>>35739610

The reason people lose weight en organic food is because the fat people who buy it are poor. Their jew drive kicks in and they lose weight from eating less. It's funny but if it helps them meet their goal it all good. Poor people don't want to retire anyway.
>>
>>35740697
People dying before 30 is a myth, go ahead and cite a source on that. (It was mostly infant mortality, if you lived passed infancy you lived to 60)
>>
>>35740785
>To lose weight you want to increase fat
n-nani!?!?
>>
>>35740878

The brain is the pickiest of picky eaters. Glucose only or it would rather die. Ketones are the shit leftover when the body makes its own sugar out of not sugar.
>>
>>35740781
More fruit/grain focus and less dairy/protein focus is an ancient model (food pyramid) based off (according to wikipedia) sweden's nation board of health and welfare in 1972.

"Amid high food prices in 1972, Sweden's National Board of Health and Welfare developed the idea of "basic foods" that were both cheap and nutritious, and "supplemental foods" that added nutrition missing from the basic foods"

In other words, it's a model that fulfills the bare necessities of calories and nutrients to prevent poor people from fucking starving.

Now that obesity and poverty are positively correlated, it's a worthless piece of uninspired, uninformed garbage as it literally no longer serves its purpose - to prevent starvation
>>
File: FB_IMG_1487824471474.jpg (6KB, 540x111px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1487824471474.jpg
6KB, 540x111px
Eat healthy and you won't fucking die
>>
File: PTP069.jpg (269KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
PTP069.jpg
269KB, 600x600px
>>35740781
This is what you should eat :^)
>>
>>35741010

Fat tastes good and is filling. Like I said, ratios don't matter but it's a good general rule. All the meme fitness gurus say increase fat to lose weight so I parrot. If you hate bacon because Allah or something keep diet the same. Just consume less energy. If fat people understood portion and energy they wouldn't be fat though, which is why changing the diet is usually easier than keeping it the same and eating less. They get some kind of weird high from the stomach distention. They always talk about feeling hungry. Is it harder to break the obsession with being constantly full or their current food choices?
>>
>>35741005
Alright, fine,
Kanazawa suggests in 2008 that once infant mortality is removed the average age of death is around 80. The data is extrapolated pretty hard from fossil record evidence, which is hard to validate since there's no way to tell if they didnt suffer from diseases or conditions resulting in accelerated aging symptoms.

You might think this is trivial, but ancient man was a hunter gatherer and I posit that at the very least, STRESS would certainly be a factor you cant ignore.

Essentially, the extrapolated data is unreliable - theyre expecting diseases like arthritis to not happen to young ancient man even if theyre always struggling to survive (since they have no farming and need to hunt regularly or starve)
>>
>>35741148

Isn't it illegal to eat people? I know you are what you eat but I think that's metaphorical.

Literally eating a fit runner doesn't make you a fit runner. It makes you a cannibal.
>>
>>35741012
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2874681/

5 words into the abstract and I can tell you know nothing of molecular biology
>>
>>35741148
this chart is wrong.

get rid of the fruit portions

most of the bread portions

most of the nut portions

all coffee

and add in lean meats like chicken, turkey, salmon, tuna, lean beef.
>>
>>35741276
That's tea, not coffee. Black coffee is good, but it's a missed opportunity for green tea :^)
>>
>>35741148
You source Dr. Geger?

He's a medical doctor and uses proper citation, but he has a very clear vegan agenda and cherrypicks information linking animal product consumption to disease.

http://blogs.mcgill.ca/oss/2013/10/15/dr-michael-greger-what-do-we-make-of-him/

That being said, you can certainly lead a HEALTHY life eating mostly plant products.

I wouldnt rely on them TO LOSE WEIGHT.
>>
>>35741005
More importantly YOU HAVENT PRESENTED A MECHANISM OF ACTION OR CLINICAL STUDY FOR PALEO, assuming you advocate on its behalf and arent just (rightfully) calling me out on my hyperbole.
>>
>>35741386
There's only one cherry, though :^)
>>
>>35736862
Yes, you just deal with the pain. If you're an adult male, physical pain shouldn't bother you very much.
>>
>>35741489
Look, when I say he cherrypicks information, I mean he doesnt present studies evaluating the benefits of consumption of animal products - more importantly (and this is a 'beef' I have with most vegans) they indirectly (or directly, depending on the vegan) suggest there are no benefits whatsoever to animal product consumption when theres a plethora of studies on just that
http://www.meatpoultrynutrition.org/content/scientific-studies-topic

And dont get on my fucking case about conflicts of interest without admitting that the organic and vegan food industry funds studies themselves.
>>
>tell people asking for weight-loss advice to completely change their diet, eat shitty healthy food, cut out diet soda/drink only water, exercise every day
>wonder why people aren't losing weight anymore
If your only goal is to lose weight, all that matters is calories in calories out. You can literally lose weight eating pizza every day, as long as you count it and eat less. It's what I did. If you want to be healthy then sure, listen to this retarded advice, but even most thin people don't do all this. If you only lose weight then that's still better than nothing.
>>
>>35741470
I don't advocate Paleo, I advocate for whole meats and vegetables paired with high fat consumption.

Processed food should be limited, particularly anything with added sugar.
>>
>>35736655
>But mainly, eat less.
>You piece of shit.
i like you
>>
>>35741756
Whole?
Fucking why
Define processing
Give me any source that suggests that does anything.
>>
>>35741726
>You can literally lose weight eating pizza every day, as long as you count it and eat less.
Sure you can. The problem is that kind of food doesn't keep you full for long. So you give up after a while.
>>
>>35741987
It makes the food very easy to digest. So it doesn't keep you full for long and you can overeat and abuse it easily.
>>
>>35742021
Divide it into 4 portions of 3-400 calories each, they'll keep you not-hungry for at least 4 hours
>>
File: 1489518365804.jpg (66KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489518365804.jpg
66KB, 960x720px
>>35741252

I'm guessing it took more than 5 words since 6 words in was what I said. 17 words in things got interesting.

Bretty cool shit, I guess I learned something.
>>
>>35736568

Just lost 10 pounds off of eating less food

You have to be willing to go to bed hungry
>>
>>35736770
Its a little bit more complicated than that. Some foods such as simple sugars are more easily absorbed. Where food with very complex carbs and laxatives tend to not get fully absorbed.

>>35736862
Eat low calorie high volume food: Plain popcorn, Baby Spinach, Tomato Juice,

ADHD medication and Caffeine Make good appetite suppressors.
>>
>>35736655
Fat shaming works, it really does, so yeah OP, get your fatass out of your chair and go for a walk, download a podcast or listen to music, or if you have a treadmill, fire up some Netflix and watch that, it's so much better than mindlessly walking, and while mindlessly walking is fun once and a while, it's better to have something a little more entertaining than a wall and or a street.
>>
>>35736748
If starvation mode was a thing you'd see dead fat people in famine hit countries.
>>
File: alibaba.png (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
alibaba.png
16KB, 300x300px
Hey, OP. Wouldn't it be neat if there were a magic weightloss pill? Sure there are appetite suppressants, just take Adderall and pop dirty on a drug test, right? That doesn't do anything to cause weight loss though, it's just eating less.

You'd think with all the crazy shit out there something could do it. Maybe a pill that makes you piss sugar instead of piss, or a pill that makes you poop undigested poop. It's crude and inconvenient but it sure beats eating less. What if we had a pill that made you heat some of the food out? It turns out we do! DNP, or dinitrophenol. You eat just as much, but when the body turns it to energy it's like a clutch that keeps slipping. The energy is not harnessed and harmlessly goes into the environment.

There is a conspiracy out to keep this under hush-hush. It's been out since the 1930s, so no patents and it's dirt cheap. A month supply of overdosing every day is like $2/month. Kind of shitty compared to a pill that doesn't cause weightloss and costs $200/mo. don't you think? If only there were people who don't care about conspiracies, globalist agendas, and keeping things people want inaccessible that will sell you bulk powder to cap yourself for $100-300/kg...
>>
>>35736862
The less you eat the less your body will want to eat, just takes time
>>
>>35736568
OWWWWW MUH LEGS
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.