[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featu re=player_embedded&v

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TLcLBqleq2Q

What's /r9k/'s opinion on /freganism/ or dumpster diving?

What's stopping you right now from going to your favorite restaurant, let's say subway and going around back to the dumpster and picking out a full bag of subway breads?

Or go to a store and get sealed-in-plastic food items?

All this shit is free, and it's also legal in most countries and states.

What's stopping you from being a fregan? morals? hygiene? something else?

do you care about what people would think? aren't robots out of the norm already? who gives a fuck right?

Free, resturant and supermarket quality food, for free, every single day, thrown out because some snowflake won't pay for an item that has the slightest flaw.

and all that shit could be yours, anon.
>>
>>35736478
>What's /r9k/'s opinion on /freganism/ or dumpster diving?

It's one of those things that sounds smart and economical in theory, but in practice, it just makes you look like a giant hipster faggot.

But personally, I say go for it.
>>
i think its cool but im too lazy to go to the store most days, let alone dive through their dumpsters.
>>
Most of the dumpsters around my town and surrounding towns have locks on them or they are in fenced off areas.

The bigger stores also put their stuff in compactors these days.
>>
>>35736567
>locks
you mean triangular locks? you can buy a key from amazon for like 2 bucks.

>fenced off.
You can ask them straight up if you can look, you're not hurting them.
>>
Picking through a trash can for half eaten food is disgusting shit that nobody does. Even homeless people rather pick out empty containers to recycle for the 5 cent deposit and use that to buy actual food. 1000% the guy in your video placed that nice container of food in the trash can himself before he started recording. Like, what, you think someone's going to actually buy a nice plate of takeout and just throw it straight into the trash? No. Some stores throw out expired food, true. It's not something they do often enough to reliably find though. Most expired goods get sent back to the manufacturer for partial credit, hostess, frito-lays, pepsi cola, any of those packaged goods from large manufacturers work like that. Even wasted produce is counted. The stores get money from these, it's part of management's job to deal with, they don't just throw the shit out. Everything is strictly accounted for, that's how they tell exactly what and how much is going to waste so they can adjust their orders next time.

Rarely a supplier won't offer credit for returned goods and they'll actually get thrown away. I've seen it only happen once, a local dairy supplier that didn't want their expired milk and eggs back and so we just chucked it in the dumpster.
>>
>>35736478
If subway is your favourite restaurant you need to hang.
>>
>>35736695
>Picking through a trash can for half eaten food is disgusting shit that nobody does.

I'd imagine some people do, especially busy areas with loads of takeout places. I would.

>Even homeless people rather pick out empty containers to recycle for the 5 cent deposit and use that to buy actual food.

I mean, that works too, but there's no reason why you can't do both, you're dumpster diving for bottles and shit anyway.

>1000% the guy in your video placed that nice container of food in the trash can himself before he started recording.

I dunno man, I don't think so, that would take more effort than it's worth.

>like, what, you think someone's going to actually buy a nice plate of takeout and just throw it straight into the trash?

Well, no, not 100% of it, but some people will eat only 40-50% of it.

>No. Some stores throw out expired food, true. It's not something they do often enough to reliably find though.

Expired and also damaged goods, and returned goods, you'd usually go for the damaged stuff.

>hostess, frito-lays, pepsi cola, any of those packaged goods from large manufacturers work like that.

I've seen pepsi, hostess and other similar goods in these hauls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdzHfi1GdX0&t=140s

> The stores get money from these, it's part of management's job to deal with, they don't just throw the shit out. Everything is strictly accounted for, that's how they tell exactly what and how much is going to waste so they can adjust their orders next time.

Honestly i think you're thinking too much of managers, especially managers of franchises.
>>
>>35736713
Subway bread is my favourite bread, and it was just an example.
>>
I was homeless in NYC for close to three years and did plenty of dumpster diving. Restaurants don't like it because your typical DD just throws trash all over the place. I always made sure I didn't make a mess and no one said anything to me.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.