[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just watched Neon Genesis Evangelion + The End of Evang

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 21418.jpg (49KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
21418.jpg
49KB, 225x350px
So I just watched Neon Genesis Evangelion + The End of Evangelion by r9ks recommendation.

This is the best anime (and one of the best universes/series) ever made. I think only robots could truly understand it.

I had seen it when I was much younger but I honestly thought it was just a cool mecha series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4
>>
>>35732941
Evangelion is a poor man's Gundam.
>>
I like gurren lagann much more, eva just didn't click with me.
>>
There were definitely a lot of themes that resonated with me and that I think resonate with a lot of robots. What about it Really Made You Think(TM) Anon?
>>
>>35732986

Fucking excuse me

Gonna need some proof of that
>>
>>35732986
Every Gundam series can be summed up as "dude war is bad lol" and that was BEFORE it became just shilling for toys
>>
>>35732997
that's because you're a normalfag most likely tebh
>>
That running away is ultimately more painful than the pain of proceeding through reality.

This was my biggest take away from the series.

Also been thinking a lot about how Gendo is a reflection of Shinji in the future. That if he continues down a path of closed off emotions and separating himself from people he will not be able to receive love (therefore pushing people further away).
>>
>>35732997
Just baiting about the Gundam part since I don't like it myself, but GL is actually aGetter Robo ripoff plot wise.
>>
>>35733031

25 yo NEET virgin

>>35733094

I know, even the FLAMING CHARIOT KICK was taken straight from eva, not to mention the ashita no joe references.

I think TTGL had a bigger impact on me because I was still a anime noob when I saw it, so I was very impressed with all these tropes that were fresh to me, the timing was just perfect. I watched eva soon after and it just couldn't compare after the wild ride that ttgl took me on. It had twice the angst and half the awesome.
>>
>>35732941
I have never watched Neon Genesis Evangelion, but I hate it, because it started the trend of weak, pathetic, whiny mcs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RFE4MV-SMg
>>
>>35732941
So far my favorite animes watched is Clannad, Anohana, NHK, and watamote. Should I watch this?
>>
>>35733188

>clannad

You'd love it
>>
Shinji is too much of a beta for me to sympathise with.

The entire show is 2deep and boring as fuck.

The only good thing about it is Misato
>>
I will never understand why people complain about Shinji being whiney. He is a 14 year old boy who has no mother and his father basically used him. If he acted like Asuka it would have been completely out of character + like watching anakin skywalker in the pod race saying "now this is pod racing".
>>
>>35733207
Die normalfag, you don't belong in this world
>>
Yes definitely. Make sure you watch End of Eva movie straight after asas well.

Clannad was incredible
>>
>>35733143
Gun buster reference actually. It's a Gainax anime that was made by the guy whom worked on NGE and Secret of Nadia later on. It would also be a Karen Rider reference
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv7cW_ijtQQ
>>
>>35733212
Watch a real Mecha anime normalfaggot. Bet that the only shit you like would be Gundam, NGE, Eureka 7, Code Gayass and GL
>>
>>35733209

It actually makes more sense than 14 year olds being thrown into life or death situations and not shitting their pants, but it is annoying to watch.
>>
>>35733212
I'm not a normie, but I'm not a turbo beta/omega faggot. Seriously wtf is wrong with shinji?

>get to live with hot girls
>get to pilot a fucking mech
>gets to save the world and be a hero
>still acts like a depressed little autist retard

FUCK shinji
>>
>>35733263
dude haha SEX am I right? dude he just needs to CRUSH THAT PUSS BRUH!
>>
>>35732941
shut up anime is forg faggots lol fuck you
>>
>>35733274
He's a poorly written and boring character.

xDDDDDDD le depressed mc xddddddd
>>
>>35733274
>dude im so pathetic brah i cry all the time ree i am such a loser get out non-virgin xdDDD
>>
He is an autist, had to kill a "human", no one told him why he is there or who or what he was fighting for.
>>
>>35733283
He's neither poorly written nor boring, he goes through several meaningful arcs and is very dynamic
>>
>I hate myself
>But maybe I could love myself

BRAVO ANNO
>>
>>35733297
But it's so fucking B O R I N G
>>
poor attention spans... jesus christ do you guys need mindless action every episode or something?
>>
File: AngelsEgg1985.jpg (24KB, 220x290px) Image search: [Google]
AngelsEgg1985.jpg
24KB, 220x290px
>>35732941
It is genius. I'm thinking about re-watching it soon
Angel's Egg is probably my favourite anime though.
>>
>>35733263
I'm kicking you're fucking ass. It's MECHA, not mech you normie fuck
>>
>>35733335
I quit watching after 5 minutes. What is it even about?
>>
>>35733308
Maybe stick to comic book movies, senpai
>>
>>35733352
Angel's Egg? I mostly just like it for it's visuals. But it seems to explore a lot of themes surrounding religion and faith.
>>
>>35733308
Get that ADHD checked out dawg
>>
File: 1489253050309.jpg (104KB, 936x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1489253050309.jpg
104KB, 936x1055px
>>35733362
>>35733448
Maybe you should soap operas since you like whiny dramaqueens so much.
>>
File: 1461979812711.jpg (111KB, 940x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461979812711.jpg
111KB, 940x1080px
>>35732941
You should watch Cardcaptor Sakura now
>>
>>35732997

I have to jump on this post. I "get" the hype about EVA, but it's a fucking slog to get through just for the ending. And while analyzing shit is pretty fun, it's again a slog

Gurren was a thrill ride from start to finish and was one of the catalysts that got me on my way to being a normie despite EVA attempting to do the same thing in a completely different way
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.