[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"We're a comfy discord server with friendly people!"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1451545818583.png (306KB, 652x372px) Image search: [Google]
1451545818583.png
306KB, 652x372px
>"We're a comfy discord server with friendly people!"
>has 3000+ neets with anime avatars and tons of moderators heavily supervising everyone like it's a daycare
>getting multiple pings from bots and autistic people in the hour I've been in here

I'm reminded again why I fucking hate Discord. Are there any actual good comfy servers? What kind of communities are you fellow robots in?
>>
>>35732143
Discord died the day they let Russians in.
>>
>>35732143
Just use IRC. It's Discord with an optional UI and more stuff.
>>
literally only normalfags use discord

don't bother. same with steam "power users". they're all normalfags.
>>
>>35732143
The faced paced nature of group chat makes it uncomfy. plus >>35732171
>>
>When people keep inviting others to the small discord server and the comfy family atmosphere vanishes and suddenly they're doing stuff without you.
>>
>using discord aka the high school cliques of /r9k/
just stay anonymous. what do you want to be in some small enclosed community with usernames for.
>>
https://discord.gg/yuBs2
my new comfy discord
>>
File: 1488825877084.png (21KB, 175x223px) Image search: [Google]
1488825877084.png
21KB, 175x223px
>23 text channels
>7 are for image dumps
>weird circlejerky meme shit channels
>some people have a certain tag on their name
>obvious that it's for their sekrit club hidden circlejerk channel/s
>10+ bots
>10+ voice channels with stupid two person limit rooms called "lovers hut" or some retarded shit
>"admin" voice chat that only admins and sekrit club members can join
>150 different colored names
>it has some stupid theme to it where they name the server something like "Jail" and the owner's the "Warden"
>trial channels where it's the only place new people can talk until the rest let them in
>400 people online
>server gets 2 messages/hour globally

There's just something about the functionality of discord that attracts the normie version of steam friend threads
>>
>>35732230
Looks like it expired
>>
>>35732257
meme'd, pal
>>
A good Discord has a group of people that's small enough to be 'small' but not cliquey. It doesn't have any vaporwave/ironic normie memes in any way. It doesn't have ERP or image dump channels. No lewdness whatsoever. Admins are present and known but do not over-moderate. The rules are somewhat strict but not overbearing.

I haven't seen a single /r9k/ Discord that meets this requirement, and unfortunately 'comfy' is a meme now so every shitty Discord is allegedly 'comfy' and the word has become meaningless.
>>
>No matter what you do, you will never be part of the inner circle
>>
>>35732254
That's pretty spot on. I cannot fathom why anyone thinks this is a good idea, especially when they make some of the text channels based on extremely similar topics I.E:
#Anime-Girls, #Cute-Anime-Girls, #Kawaii

If a server forces me to think for 2 minutes while I see if there is a channel for it, then I'm going to leave immediately. If they have any bot that does that does "ranks", that's also a gigantic red flag for me.
>>
>>35732293
organonically this
>>
Comfy robot channel on Rizon when?
>>
>>35732333
>#Anime-Girls, #Cute-Anime-Girls, #Kawaii
Stuff like that is the worst. To only add to the status of worst, they have them split into three different channels but no one posts anything in any of them.

>>35732333
An IRC would probably just be an idle channel for /r9k/ or extremely awkward when only four people join. There's also a surprising amount of people from /g/ on here, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to just have it turn into one of their circlejerks.
>>
>>35732370
Probably. The amount of idlers on IRC is fucking atrocious.
>>
IRC and Discord go against the spirit or /r9k/
>>
>>35732370
>An IRC would probably just be an idle channel for /r9k/ or extremely awkward when only four people join.
There are already /r9k/ channels. People in IRC like to join every channel related to their topics so if you made a new /r9k/ channel 75% of people from other ones would join it and it would be pointless unless you already had a group of people who were willing to join.

>There's also a surprising amount of people from /g/ on here, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to just have it turn into one of their circlejerks.
Possibly. /g/ likes IRC for obvious reasons.

I might make a nice Discord someday. But not today.
>>
File: 1416008709782.png (284KB, 1079x1265px) Image search: [Google]
1416008709782.png
284KB, 1079x1265px
>>35732293
They indeed exist, but I've only noticed that these types of servers are usually word of mouth or posted in small places. I'm on one server that has a lot of people, however, the admins are extremely laid back and treat themselves like basic users. They only have channels for things that are discussed extremely often, and they only really ask that you don't act like a giant faggot. Their management is extremely simple, yet effective enough to have a community that isn't full of unlikable faggots.I wish there were more servers like that.
>>
https://discord.gg/BjzNRV8
hehe
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.