[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>check indeed.com >open 15 tabs of jobs >one shitt

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: 1468312358375.jpg (189KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1468312358375.jpg
189KB, 640x360px
>check indeed.com
>open 15 tabs of jobs
>one shitty min wage retail application takes 45 minutes to full out because of the assessment test
>close the other tabs out and browse 4shit
>>
File: 1464297334451.jpg (45KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1464297334451.jpg
45KB, 720x540px
>>35731738
I did this for months anon.

Here's the truth... once you have NEET time on your resume, you can no longer apply to jobs online. NEET time is more toxic on resumes than prison time.

The only way for NEETs to get a job without having connections is to go and apply in person. Try to look people in the eye and not sperg out.
>>
>>35731796
>The only way for NEETs to get a job without having connections is to go and apply in person. Try to look people in the eye and not sperg out.
You know that's hard with anxiety right
>>
>>35731796
ok Chad or Bill Boomer
>>
>>35731738
>>35731821
I'm in the same position as you OP. I've been NEET too long. You are going to have to lie about your work history.
>>
>>35731796
you can also lie
>>
>URGENT, NEED THIS POSITION FILLED ASAP
>Full of super specific requirements such as specific qualifications, at least two years experience within that field, drivers license needed
>>
File: r.jpg (10KB, 473x92px) Image search: [Google]
r.jpg
10KB, 473x92px
>this many people for a shitty min wage dishwashing job

whats the point
>>
>>35732596
Jesus fucking Christ why don't I just kill myself.
>>
>>35732596

>Apply to $30k job
>144 other people have applied to same job
>41 of them have masters degrees and 5+ years experience

The economy is NOT OK.
>>
I WANT A JOB NOWWWWW AHHHHHHHJIJVFDRYIKMHHHHHHHHHHREERDYUUUHFERHJU
>>
This is fucking stupid, job offers that have been posted for about a day have tens of people applying. I feel like I'm missing something, there has to be another way people find work
>>
>>35733037
Yes, it's called networking. If you only get work through job ads you will always be in a pleb position.
>>
>>35732596
>>35732710
We should all do a mass an hero like a cult. It truly is hopeless for us all.
>>
>>35731796
Wtf are you on about? Nearly everybody in life has had some amount of NEET time between jobs.

The trick is saying that you were doing something productive during that time.
>>
File: 1489468465486.png (55KB, 916x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1489468465486.png
55KB, 916x1100px
>it's 2017
>he's not sucking dick for cash?

Seriously, i cannot understand this. Why on earth would you work for someone else on thier terms and thier say? Being glad to get more than minimum wage?

We all have the tools at our disposal now to suck dick for cash. We all have easy access to he internet, and therefore clients, easier than ever before with smart phones etc.

Actually fuck it, keep working at Wal-Mart, more clients for me, and less services providers means i can charge more and work less
>>
>>35733068
This. There's an entire "secret" job market that you'd only know about through friends and colleagues.

It costs a LOT to put a job in an ad, interview people, etc. A lot of places don't even do that because when a job opens the bosses just ask their current employees if they know anybody qualified, experienced, and of good character who would want the job. That's free and will let them save on a lot of time.

If you have no connections but want into the secret jobarket, hire head hunters
>>
File: IMG_0268.jpg (115KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0268.jpg
115KB, 500x500px
>tfw find a job that I'm qualified for and in my niche
> "over 200 applicants"
>>
>>35731796
Not op but when i try this every fucking time they say go online
>>
>>35733285
Here's how to survive NEET time on resumes: Volunteer work. It looks good, you get references, they're always hurting for people, won't reject anybody except the most extreme of autists, and you only have to do it for a few hours a week at most.

Employeers just care that you weren't sitting on your ass watching anime and playing video games all day. If you're a NEET and worried about the your NEET-hole on your resume, walk your ass down to a pet shelter or goodwill or salvation army and volunteer.
>>
>>35733272
Indeed is way oversaturated. Start looking for jobs on Craigslist. They're a lot easier to get and tend to pay better
>>
>>35733220
>hire head hunters

With what fucking money?
>>
>>35733365

You pay them with a % (Like 10%) of your paycheck for the first year. The ones that ask for cash upfront are usually scammers
>>
>>35733380
And what if you don't pay them that 10%?
>>
>>35733390
They automatically take it out of your pay like taxes.
>>
>>35733344
Yeah i realized this now, i spent last summer applying non stop and no luck. This summer ill definitely do some volunteer work before uni starts again.
>>
>>35733344
>Be me, NEET with no friends
> Want to volunteer
>Check out local animal shelter. It's perfect.
>Rules: All volunteers must volunteer in pairs

This is actually a stipulation.

Nevertheless, yeah -- it's a good idea to volunteer. I'll find something else, no doubt. I just really wanted to help some little critters.
>>
>>35731738

I was like this for years Anon. I couldn't even get an interview for shit tier cleaning jobs. So I just made up a resume to make it look like I'd been working, nothing drastic. Bought two cheap prepaid phones to use as fake references (nobody ever called) and wrote a written reference from one of my made up jobs that was long enough ago it would be difficult to follow up with that company, but which had a (fake) contact email on there. Instantly I started getting to the interview phase all the time. I even got offered two retail jobs and turned them down because I'd just enrolled in Uni so I could just live off NEETbux until I'm done.
>>
>>35731796

>implying NEET Time exists

lmfao

just pretend you were self employed and make up a story about how you were in europe for 3 months cause your uncle owns a vineyard and you got enriched by the culture lol

are people really that dumb and dont fill their NEET gaps with big lies?

what the fuck
>>
So basically what we can gather from this thread is that society wants you to be normie as fuck. Jesus Christ life fucking sucks.
>>
>>35733524
>If you want to be part of society you have to act like you're part of society

Wow big shocker
>>
>>35733514
It depends on how big your NEETtime was. Anything longer than like 6 months you better be really good at lying
>>
>>35733540
The problem is the way people want you to be. Not just the fact that you need to fit into a society in order to make it. This thread is proving to me even more than I already knew how much of a hivemind the normals really are. It isn't just sickening but it fucking makes me feel such fear and sorrow to. This world is nothing more than the matrix.
>>
File: 1444789136104.png (87KB, 275x266px) Image search: [Google]
1444789136104.png
87KB, 275x266px
>>35731738
>tfw app denied for mcdicks
>>
>>35733514
I think they think you have to be honest or they're worried they get caught out. If you're just applying for unskilled service industry jobs, literally any trained monkey could do that shit. If it says "teamwork focused" just think back to like any group assignment you had to do. Groups don't work, teams don't work. There's people that will work hard and pick up all the slack. You don't have to be that guy. You can just pretend you have some idea what you're doing and fly right under the radar, for years.
>>
>>35733554
>>35733609

why? you don't have to be good at lying

say you worked as a pizza delivery guy, ran an online business

there are a million jobs and businesses you can make up to fill gaps.

Nobody will fucking care if its some shit job. There is no reason to have gaps in your CV especially as a dumb NEET looking for the dumbest job possible.

its not even illegal to lie as long as you don't make up shit that is relevant for the position/job.

For example if its a retail job don't make up how you worked in retail and lead a team or smth.

Just say you worked as a delivery guy or helped out on your uncles farm in Iowa for 2 years because you always dreamed of becoming a farmer and you loved it and it was fullfilling to you and it was something you wanted to do but then you realized how bad the economy was and you moved back cause your mother got sick and you are just that much of a people person. Struggling to get by you did everything you could and delivered pizzas at night and worked at a call center that shut down.
>>
>>35733591
Step down off your ivory computer chair. For 99.999% of the population, having friends who will vouch for you is a normal part of life.

The few thousand of us on /r9k/ who are the out-liars, are a very small majority that society was not built around. We're the junk that fell through the cracks.
>>
>>35731796
>Here's the truth... once you have NEET time on your resume, you can no longer apply to jobs online.

That is why you make shit up. You have nothing to lose and low tier jobs are not going to bother looking for references or anything.

My brother is an alcoholic that dropped out of school and doesn't last longer at a job than 6 months. Still he lands job after job because he just makes shit up on his resume and brings up a bunch of fake confidence. Then at the job he is just a lazy fuck until he gets fired, rinse and repeat.

If you actually put in the work you would probably get to keep the job as well.
>>
>>35731821
Life is hard. No refunds.
>>
>>35733635
And this fucking sucks. Oh no can't be an individual now. You must fit into the group or go fucking die.

Why can't I simply not have friends? I don't even like people. Doesn't mean I should suffer because of that. I'm not calling for people to die or anything like that. I should be able to live my life being as distant from people as possible except only when I work. I shouldn't have to constantly fit into a group just because everyone else wants to.
>>
File: 1395957360865.jpg (57KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1395957360865.jpg
57KB, 645x773px
>>35733695
Our kind only has a very limited time here on this Earth, anon. Most of us are ultimately destined for suicide because it's the only fitting outcome for people like us. For society, we just don't fit.
In the old days we would have died extremely young. It's only thanks to modern technology and the welfare state that we subsist.
>>
>>35731796
Any other hints? I've been looking for a job for roughly a year (mostly applying online) and I've had no luck despite having what I consider to be a pretty decent resume/CV (I even lied about having a year worth of retail experience).

Will applying in person make a huge difference? If so: how long will it take?
>>
>>35733285
that's because you are applying to large meme corporations.
>>
>>35733554
this. making excuses for 7 years of NEET time is hard shit if you are a professional.

Sure if you want to lie and say you were working for $8 an hour at Radioshack for the last 6 years - go for it. But straight up lying when applying to professional jobs is almost impossible.
>>
>>35733818
if you seek out mom and pop shops with no HR department - places where the owner/manager is there every day... you can get hired on the spot for low level jobs.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.