[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you get help for depression and anxiety without looking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1473248088703.jpg (83KB, 684x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473248088703.jpg
83KB, 684x640px
how do you get help for depression and anxiety without looking like a bitch?
everyone is unhappy here but no one is weak enough to say "i can't fix my problems, i let myself feel so bad i need a doctor to pull me out of my head."
>>
>Search online for a therapist near you
>call said therapist
>schedule an appointment
>see therapist
>tell therapist problems
>get perscribed pills to help problems

Literally all you have to do, getting help isn't being a bitch.
Being afraid to get help is being a bitch.
>>
>>35730793
>I'm so strong I just keep being miserable day-in and day-out and never do anything about it.
That ain't strength, that's just blind, stupid pride. It takes strength to venture in the unknown, to risk yourself by opening up and trusting someone else.
>>
I feel like my depression is just a reasonable reaction to my life, not really a medical thing.
>>
File: current mood.png (110KB, 364x384px) Image search: [Google]
current mood.png
110KB, 364x384px
>>35730793
therapists are a meme and unless you are rich and live in a utopia surban and have good insurance you are going to go to a therapist that doesnt give a fuck about you or really help you at all. that just says your feelings are invaled and that you are just mentally ill. and they try to diagnose you with a new made up mental illness from anything you tell them. even if its normal.

i hate therapists they are fucking pigs who are not there too help you but to exploit suffering people and make a profit off of their suffering
>>
>>35731423
This. Taking drugs is literally just taking a blue pill and not allowing myself to comprehend reality
>>
>>35730793
"How do you get help for having cancer without looking like a bitch everyone can be sick but no one is weak enought o say "i cant just walk it off and take a few asprin "i cant heal myself, im so pathetic i need a doctor to pull me out of my condition and not be able to cure myself"
>>
>>35731423
this, if your life sucks you will be depressed, it's not rocket science. obv. some are depressed for actual medical reasons, but some like myself are just depressed because their life is terrible, like I said it's not hard to understand and I certianly don't need some therapist to agree that my life sucks and I got fucked over (which is what happened the one time I saw one).
>>
>>35730836
>without looking like a bitch?
Finding a therapist and psychiatrist is scary, much easier to sit around whining and not taking responsibility for your own sadness.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.