[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this fucking shit comes up all the time and then a minute later

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (15KB, 477x107px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
15KB, 477x107px
this fucking shit comes up all the time and then a minute later my whole computer will crash how the fuck do i stop it
>>
This happened to me once. I needed to replace the graphics card.
Is that all that happens or is there also a graphical problem like screen tearing that happens?
>>
>>35727863
some of the programs like firefox won't open the windows correctly sometimes and then the whole computer freezes
>>
>>35727909
Well I guess you need to try updating your drivers.
Does your computer have switchable graphics? As in there's an intel card or something too?
>>
File: amd no drivers.gif (2MB, 690x200px) Image search: [Google]
amd no drivers.gif
2MB, 690x200px
>>35727699
>amd

I think I found your problem.
>>
>>35727699
OP is it a laptop? if so I have your fix.

if it's not a laptop you probably need a new gpu.
>>
>>35727967
i don't think so, how do i update them?
>>
>>35728054
Just search updating drivers in YouTube. It would be too difficult to write out everything
>>
>>35727699
>got new laptop for christmas
>amd driver
>can't even hide the disappointment
>mom says "I thought you'd be happier..."
I sure do love this big hack of shit paperweight that's slower than the laptop I had for 6 years before it
>>
>>35728130
You could try to explain to her that it would be best if she'd let you help pick it out next time, because there's a lot she can't be expected to know about computers. It's not ungrateful to just talk to her about it.

Then hock it on craigslist to some old person for a couple hundo and buy a refurb off newegg, I did last I bought a computer and I got this elitebook for just about 300, itel i5, 1tb hdd, 8gb ram, it does have amd radeon but I've been able to play anything I want on it so far with no problems.

Only thing I can complain about is the soldering on the gfx chip is shoddy, but that's easily fixed.
>>
>>35727967
i just updated the drivers from my device manager and it seemed to be working but then i got the blue screen shown in >>35728026 and it restarted, don't know if it worked or not but i'll wait and see

>>35728042
it's a desktop
>>
File: AMD.jpg (242KB, 1328x1096px) Image search: [Google]
AMD.jpg
242KB, 1328x1096px
>>35728026
This i had amd cards for years and their drivers are awful. One of my cards i had to update the firmware because it would frequently crash drivers at idle clock speeds. The update just set the idle clock speed much higher.
>>
>>35728328
What I think has happened, and I can't be sure, but it sounds like you might have damaged the soldering with your rig running too hot.

If your rig really never runs hot and you can be sure of it, then the chip is fried just by itself, and you should replace it. If you think the soldering might be the problem, that can be fixed if you know someone with a soldering iron who knows a bit about computers.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.