[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what would happen if i told my psychiatrist i wanted to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: efd.jpg (47KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
efd.jpg
47KB, 403x392px
what would happen if i told my psychiatrist i wanted to do a school shooting ?
>>
>>35725295
You would get VANNED
>>
Police would search your room and you would probally be put in a psych ward.
>>
You'll get baker acted (put in a mental hospital) before you leave the building. When I was in counseling, I checked a box on some survey we do every appointment saying something to the effect that I had thoughts about hurting somebody in the last week. It was the first thing he asked me about. The psychiatrist is supposed to be somebody you can talk to about anything, but there are some things you should keep to yourself.
>>
>>35725295
Mine specifically told me "What you say here is confidential, but if you threaten to hurt yourself, others or inform me of illegal activities I will obligated to call the proper authorities."

So yeah they take it pretty seriously, even if you are joking
>>
>>35725500
This is why I stopped seeing a psychiatrist. It's a shame that you get thrown into the mental hospital for any little thing.
>>
>>35725584

Psychiatrists are the absolute worst about overdiagnosing and overprescribing medications. Had a bad day? You're clinically depressed. Had a good day? You're bipolar. Don't trust somebody? Paranoid personality disorder. Have any unusual habits? Well, you have OCD. Have insurance? There are pills that cure all of those slightly better than a placebo, goy.

A conversation with a psychiatrist is a minefield.
>>
>>35725295
All these replies are retarded. Last time I checked, psychiatrists will lose their jobs for mentioning anything you say
>>
he will just laugh it off and prescribe you a bigger (((dose)))
>>
>>35725295
You would get fucking v&. Do not do this. This will be on your record forever and you will be forbidden to own firearms ever again.
>>
>>35725881
Not for reporting a patient who expresses an intent to murder dumb fuck
>>
>>35725762
I rather agree with this, but think therapy can be very helpful (assuming your therapist isn't a fuckwit)
>>
>>35725584
>any little thing
Expressing a desire to kill others is not "any little thing." There is no way for them to know whether you're just an autistic memespouter that can't articulate his hatred of normalfaggots properly, or if you're being serious and are telling him for whatever reason. Doctors are doctor's because on some level they want to help people; handwaving away someone who is telling you he wants to kill others is antithetical to that goal.
>>
>>35726295
What if you don't express an intent to harm yourself or others, but admit that you have had recurring thoughts of doing either one (or both)?
>>
>>35726839
>but admit that you have had recurring thoughts of doing either one (or both)?

then they won't report it i think
>>
>>35726839
Depends on the severity of the recurring thoughts and how much self-control the person thinks you have. If you go in there and tell him you have recurring thoughts of mass murder that block out everything else, you're going to be hospitalized.
>>
>>35726897
Well sheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiit

Nvm then
>>
You would get baker acted.
>>
>>35725881
Ethical obligations means that if you mention planning to kill/harm yourself/others, they must report it. If they don't and an investigation finds that they were aware of the patients desires, their license gets revoked
>>
>>35725295
He would do things to try to keep it from happening.
>>
what happens if I tell my psychologist I'm in possession of the cheese?
>>
>>35727243
>baker acted
WHAT is this FUCKING phrase?
I saw some BPD roastie whore posting it somewhere else
what the FUCK does it mean
>>
>>35727798
http://www.clerk.co.okeechobee.fl.us/baker_act.htm
>>
>>35726839
They won't and can't report you for saying that you have recurring thoughts, especially if you say that you have no plan to do it or wouldn't do it. It's part of doctor-patient confidentiality. They can only report homicidal or suicidal ideations if you tell them you have a distinct plan and will definitely carry it out.
>>
>>35727830
When did people start saying this? I've only noticed it in the last week.
>>
>>35727600
>I'm in possession of the cheese?

what kind?
>>
>>35725295
when I was drunk I went to the hospital and told the counselor guy I wanted to shoot up some place, never got brought up again tho
>>
>>35725762
Is this true? So what you're saying is it's easy to fake shit and get diagnosed?
>>
>>35727877
The kind that goes on the topping of a pizza I guess
>>
>>35727600
I wouldn't do it just to be safe anon
if they feel strongly about it they might do something that could be considered illegal, but no one will blame them once you get v&

that kind of thing you shouldn't even be posting here imo.
>>
Tarasoff v. Regents of the University of California, 551 P.2d 334 (Cal. 1976)
>>
do psychiatrists have any way of knowing whether or not you're actually taking your meds?
also how illegal is it to sell prescribed meds?
asking for a friend ofc
>>
>>35727600
If they reported you they would be breaking the rules but literally no one would be on your side.
>>
>>35726897
This is why I've never gone to a therapist. I'd get locked up for sure. ME NO CRAZY
>>
>>35726295
>Expressing a desire to kill others is not "any little thing."

t. beta numale cuck who denies his primal urges of raping and killing
>>
>>35728164
They don't have any way of knowing unless you tell them, but if you tell them you're taking it and you obviously aren't getting any better, they'll give you a different prescription.

It's very illegal to sell your prescription medication and it's also very illegal to be in possession of prescription medication which you aren't prescribed.
>>
File: 1488490136972.jpg (48KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1488490136972.jpg
48KB, 512x384px
Is it worth asking a doctor for a referral regarding seeing someone about my mental health?

I live in bongland so it's free on the NHS but I dunno
>>
>>35728370
t. nigger moron
>>
>>35728537
It can't hurt to give it a try.
But if you're going to go at all, you have to give it a proper try, if you just go two weeks and quit then it was a waste of your time.
If you don't like your therapist, get a new one. Hardly anyone ever "clicks" with their first therapist. I'm not sure how bongland works but in US you can find doctors with patient ratings online, including their specializations, so if you think you have a personality disorder then find a doctor who specializes in that.

Also, find an actual doctor of psychology (MD, PsyD, PhD) not just a counselor or social worker (LCPC, LPC, LCSW). Counselors and social workers have very little training with mental illness and are mostly there to talk people through divorces and the hard bits of normie life.
>>
>>35728637
I'll book a GP appointment today and talk to them
Apparently it's not that great here, I think I'll just be assigned someone but I'm not sure how qualified they are
People reckon it's best to go private but I'm broke as fuck so it's not an option
>>
Patient doctor confidentiality only goes so far. If a Psychiatrist suspects you are going to do something highly illegal like murder, they're obligated to tell the police.
>>
>>35727868
No idea
regino
>>
>>35727868
they have said it for years dude, it's not a national piece of legislation so if you don't live in florida you probably run into it less (though when people say "baker acted" they're often just using it as shorthand for "involuntarily committed to a mental institution")

notably, "crazy gail" was baker acted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jLvM9kPY9M
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.