[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that humans don't actually develop unique personalities

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1429153762775.png (332KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1429153762775.png
332KB, 1920x1080px
Reminder that humans don't actually develop unique personalities of their own past instinctual reactions and imbalances that cause mental health defects. All facets of your personality have been gained by imprinting off of another human or fictional character in your formative stages. You are a copy of a copy of a copy (and so forth).
>>
Source: ME
Fuck you
>>
>>35724559

And you're a fucking idiot who bought a 4chan pass.

Good job, shitheel.
>>
How is that possible? Doesn't that imply there is some sort of primordial prime human?
>>
>>35724591
Personality is based off of instinct in that case. It originally started with tribe members copying each other's instinctual characteristics to fit in and then compounded.
>>
>>35724559
yeah and we are our brains and our brains are a product of our environment and upbringing and blahblahblah free will doesn't exist blah blah blah OLD NEWS

give me something surprising, like the likelihood of being born in an era where trepanation is considered a legitimate medical procedure, and how lucky we are to have been born in the dawn of the digital era
>>
>>35724559
>babbys first realisation
>>
>>35724559
Yes but the combination of copies is unique
>>
>>35724559
Maybe so but at least I didn't buy a 4chan pass
>>
>>35724559
I don't think that's entirely true.
Some people tend to imprint a personality based on facets of people they know in real life.

And it's not like you can't manufacture a personality whole-cloth
>>
>>35725419
>and how lucky we are to have been born in the dawn of the digital era
What if want to get mauled by a sabre toothed nigger and die? Do you think I wanted to know that we're living on a fucking pebble in an infinite universe and that the sum of all our lives amount to nothing? I hate all of you people.
>>
>>35724559
Not quite. Personality is shaped by what you start with at birth and how it interacts with your environment. That doesn't mean you copy behavior although to an extent that does happen. This sort of deterministic outlook changes literally nothing so I don't see the point in even thinking about it. Agency is an illusion but people feel they have agency and knowing you do or don't have agency has no bearing on your ability to make decisions so the discussion is pointless.
>>
>>35724559
But that's wrong
My mom is a welfare queen who hates science and believes in gibsmedats. My dad is a crack dealer who had two kids by my age and a violet felony on his record. I'm the ONLY virgin in my family there are like two programmers in the family and literally no one shares my interests of maths and neuroendcrinology. I'm pretty unusual and I think I have a gene mutation that made me robot tier.
>>
>>35728203
U blacc?
>>
>>35728203
I'm not talking about personality being genetic, I'm talking about it being learned almost entirely.

You either gained your personality through your peers or people/characters you saw on TV.
>>
>>35728379
My friends are all normies who got laid at 15. Some people I grew up with had kids at like 13. I Also had no hobbies as a kid. I only recently got into anime
>>
>>35728287
Yes I am
Pretty much the only race where even old people are criminals
>>
>>35724559
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVB_DI4ajKA
>>
File: Neckbeard-Fedora.jpg (54KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Neckbeard-Fedora.jpg
54KB, 700x525px
>tfw too intelligent for a personality
>>
>>35728467
Oh shet
Me too
>>
just because you're boring doesn't mean i am too lol nerd
>>
>truly unique personalities are not likely to be found in a species that actively hunts and destroys those members that deviate too far from the norm
You really activated my Brazilian nuts, OP.
>>
>>35728467
What about iyalians? Indians? Mexicos?
>>
>>35726500
this, i'm unique just like everybody else
>>
>>35724559
you arent just a copy of a copy you are a mix of copies of a mix of copies of a mix of copies this is what unique is.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.