[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /r9k/ smoke? How much and why? I know how terrible it is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: that-feel (2).jpg (174KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
that-feel (2).jpg
174KB, 645x773px
Does /r9k/ smoke? How much and why?

I know how terrible it is for health but the stress relief is reaaallyy making it look good.
>>
>>35724143
just meditate it works a lot better gayboi
>>
>>35724179
meditation always sounds like star wars wumbo to me

>sit here for an hour doing literally nothing, not even moving a little, and your life will improve
>>
>>35724143
down to like 4 a day now, would be more if it weren't so fucking expensive in Canada
>>
>>35724179
>>35724203
>>35724454
how many cigs does it take to get physically addicted?
>>
I smoke a lot.
I enjoy it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Buy a punching bag instead. I've heard those can be pretty good for stress relief and you'd be exercising too.
>>
>>35724143
>Does /r9k/ smoke?

r9k is not 1 person
>>
>>35725211
"the collective fat depressed mass of the r9k board"

is that better
>>
>>35725259
>is that better

yes
>>
>>35725101
answer my organic question you fucks
>>
>>35725101
>how many cigs does it take to get physically addicted?

eleventy seven
>>
>>35725466
PHONEPOSTERS
>>
I smoke but not very much. I'll go through a pack (20 cigarettes) over a week to 5-10 days. There will be times where I don't smoke for 2-3 days in there sometimes. The days I don't smoke it's usually because I'm out and just more-or-less forget about smoking.
I'm only 21 now but I started back when I was 14. Back when I started it was just what I could steal from my parents. Maybe 1-2 a week with occasional weeks or months where I didn't smoke. It picked up to my current level of smoking when I turned 18 and could buy my own.
I half-ass tried to quit last summer and made it a month and a half but I was working at a Boy Scout camp where all of the staff over 18 smoked or chewed pretty much once the campers went to bed (we had our own staff sites). Gotta say getting off of a literal 14.5 hour shift (7 am to 9:30 pm) where I was working hard almost the whole time and smoking was about the most relaxing thing. I don't know if I'll ever completely quit, but I feel comfortable that I could limit it to a pack every 2 weeks. And I mean at that point, sure it's still bad but honestly I don't want to live past 65 so I'm not too concerned and it's probably not as bad as living in a house where the person goes through a pack a day (like my parents).
>>
File: ewh.png (122KB, 398x309px) Image search: [Google]
ewh.png
122KB, 398x309px
>Feel like I need to smoke.
>I never smoked before in my life.
>Sissy delicate throat that hurts just at the smell of smoke.

What do.
>>
>>35725540
What camp? (If you don't mind me asking).. I'm an Eagle Scout and went to Camp Bud Schiele every summer
>>
File: ac6.png (112KB, 281x300px) Image search: [Google]
ac6.png
112KB, 281x300px
>>35724143
You guys shouldn't start. It's a habit you will never quit. I've gone 100 days cold turkey and I still fiend like a crack addict. No day goes by when I don't want to smoke, but if I do, it'll trigger a disgusting cough that occasionally gets bad enough for me to hack up blood. I've stopped blowing so much money on cigs, I can finally run again, my wood is harder than ever, and I look and feel healthier. All these are great things but I'd rather smoke a cigarette than have any of these things. That's how powerful this addiction is. I seriously recommend that none of you pick up this dumb habit. I rekt myself but it's not too late for you.
>>
A pack a day.

I've done it since I was 14. Impossible to stop now. It's half my life...
>>
>>35724143
Maybe 1-2 every two or three days. Mostly when I remember that i have a pack swimming somewhere. Once I got two months without smoking, but that was beccause I didn't even remember to smoke. I don't really know if I got addicted or not, but they are pretty fine for me
>>
vaping is like smoking but without all the lung damage
>>
When you get older you will try to quit (like everyone else) and it's really fucking hard if you are stressed out person.

Don't do it.
>>
I've tried cigarettes but didn't like the taste, although it was stress reliefing like you say. But it was just that. I do smoke weed and feel really good, but I dont want anything to do with my dealer anymore so I started growing my own indoor. That takes time of course and I'm out of weed for months.

It's not terrible at all to smoke one cig a day I guess if you also compensate doing sports and eating good, which I do. If you can manage those urges and compulsion to smoke and just enjoy that stress relief that only smoking gives you at situations of your please, its all good.
>>
>>35726112
Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation. I worked on the COPE and climbing course. For a 20 year old who enjoys the outdoors the job was actual job was pretty cool. The camp was beautiful and it was neat being outside all summer. That said I would never do it again. The pay was 1,700 for 10 weeks (originally tried to hire me at 1300 but they were understaffed which I knew so used that as leverage). Came out to something like 1.75 per hour, worked 14.5 hour days, 6 days a week. Also, out of the 10 weeks, there were 3 weeks each staff had to stay on our day off to prepare for the next week, it was only 5 hours of work or so, but it meant I couldn't go home to spend my day off as I lived 2 hours away and I had to be back by 7 am the next day. Oh we also did get one other day off after 6 PM (each staff group would get a different day off). I got lyme's disease that summer, we had a few brown recluses in our staff sight (even one in our tent). The tents we stayed in had a lot of holes so if you didn't have a tarp and it rained you'd get wet. They were also covered in mold. Our tent was legitimately like 26 years old. And the management were the absolute worst. Followed every rule, to a T regardless of any possible situation. You were literally throwing up all day and somehow got the day off but didn't report to meal time. Written up. You tried to close your event 5 minutes early because everyone was done? Written up. The main head of the camp ended up firing about 10 of the staff 2 days before we closed for the summer. We got paid 5 paychecks throughout the summer, the last was the biggest as it was for closing camp. However if you didn't work the full period you got none of the pay (in our contracts). So to save a few bucks he fired a bunch of people after the campers had their last fire. Ended up making closing way harder with so many less people.
I'm glad I did it once, but won't be doing it again.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.