[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does 4chan get its elitism from? Think about all the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: nigger_252Bfrog_252Bfaggot.jpg (62KB, 370x500px) Image search: [Google]
nigger_252Bfrog_252Bfaggot.jpg
62KB, 370x500px
Where does 4chan get its elitism from?

Think about all the posters on /pol/, /mu/, /tv/, /v/, /fa/, and even /sp/, and think about how fucking assured people seem to be in espousing really controversial opinions as a priori truth.

Shouldn't the fact that this site is awash in underachievers, socially maladjusted twenty and thirtysomethings, and dripping with zero-sum positions give people pause on their hubris?
>>
have you seen the people from reddit?
>>
>>35719075
do you know anything about people? haha. it seems like you're saying this from out of perspective but yur right here with us *reachs down to stretch yur scrotal sak over yur hed* shhh, dis is activiation of yur turd eye
>>
>>35719075
>awash in underachievers, socially maladjusted twenty and thirtysomethings, and dripping with zero-sum positions give people pause on their hubris

Most normal, socially well adjusted people like katie perry, blockbuster movies, YA and canned processed food. I gues that's the epitome of good taste according to your argument
>>
>your opinions are invalid because you're socially maladjusted
Holy shit nigger, how does one unironically try to seem smart yet commits the most fucking babby tier logical fallacy
>>
>>35719397
>>35719212
>>35719376

>western society has a framework from which things generally work and society constantly progresses
>4chan gestalt essentially ruins counter to society on every notable point

Why?

It's just a question.

Looks like I really hit a nerve.
>>
>>35719654
>4chan is a contrarian hivemind
>3 replies is "hitting a nerve"
Is this a weak trolling attempt or are you actually retarded?
Did someone insult your favorite shitty normie band or something?
>>
>>35719705
>can't answer a question
>gives 2 lines of vitriol
>"normie"

wew
>>
>>35719075
>Where does 4chan get its elitism from?
>/fa/
the fact that they've been posting on the board for a while and have been gaining knowledge and experience in this area for quite some time and are looking to share that and gain more with other long-time users of the board, but then newfags invade and flood the board with irrelevant bullshit to such a degree that slowly but surely mediocrity becomes the norm and it becomes thenceforth impossible to get high quality discussions going.

This is a phenomenon that has been occurring for at least a year across the boards. Snobbery and hostility are the only defenses one has against the killing of board culture. You see this same response in /r9k/ users participating in the anti-fembot movement.
>>
File: 1460094678263.png (575KB, 716x716px) Image search: [Google]
1460094678263.png
575KB, 716x716px
>>35719788
Thanks for the perspective.

Also, checked.
>>
File: 1489709812998.png (140KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489709812998.png
140KB, 500x500px
Elitists and all knowing types are everywhere, pretty much everyone that has strong convictions in any of their beliefs is the same way, which you tend to find a lot of among the crowds that pay a lot of attention/get autistic about a particular subject. Odd criticism I think, the same with 4chan being an echo chamber. If this place is an echo chamber then there isn't anywhere that isn't one wherever there's more than whatever handful of people there needs to be for a consensus to be formed.
>>
You're taking 4chan too seriously
>>
>>35719771
I did answer your question.
Your first post was stupid because it essentially was an ad hominem.
Your second post was stupid because you assume 4chan is a contrarian hivemind.
Your third post is stupid because you missed both of these points and your attempt at replying was typing "wew".
You fucking idiot.
>>
>>35719953
>lie
>insult
>insult
>insult
>cry like a bitch

Wow, I thought children weren't allowed to post here.

>>35719877
Oh, I totally agree that life in general is full of echo chambers, but I feel like 4chan makes it a point to make every possible consensus as miserable and nihilistic as possible.
>>
>>35720053

You get a lot of the enthusiast crowd on each board for its given subject, so a lot of the people with a surface level appreciation for things get ripped up and spit out in short order (Skyrim is great on /v/, Macs just werk on /g/, and so on). You get a lot of arguments on very detailed subjects on here, probably the most extensive you'll see in a non-professional setting, and you inherently talk about the negatives in a lot of situations as you get higher in understanding something. Most boards also don't want to get bogged down in the same surface level shit over and over again since those conversations tend to always be the same anyway (See: /fit/ sticky), so maintaining a level of snobbery is a seemingly preferred defense for getting those people out. A lot of things are generally getting shittier also, for example mainstream music has been shown to be getting more homogeneous continuously over the last few decades, there being far more corporate money in video games than there used to be in the old days and so on. Between that and the greater honesty inherent in being anonymous it's not really surprising this place has a negative streak.
>>
>>35719654
>society constantly progresses
Progress by what standard? Regurgitating a shitty star wars or assassins creed game every year is hardly progress. But it's what the mainstream loves.

Are there a lot of stupid opinions on 4chan and other imageboards? Damn straight. But 90% of the time I'd prefer even those shitty opinions to whatever is popular in the mainstream. 4chan was never an echo chamber for loving mainstream garbage, there are countless other sites that you can go to for that.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.