[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw was cyberbullied for 4 years and still haven't emotionally

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0052.jpg (34KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0052.jpg
34KB, 385x385px
>tfw was cyberbullied for 4 years and still haven't emotionally recovered from it and probably never will
>>
>>35716530
Sorry bruh, it can be hard to overcome
>>
>>35716530
Are you serious or is this a 'cyber bullying isnt real' thread?

I was sort of 'Cyber bullied' by friends and still haven't gotten over it.
>>
The past is just a story we tell ourselves.
>>
>cyberbullied
lmao cmon dude
>>
>>35716530
>cyberbullied

implying you can't close a window or turn off your pc / make new accounts. Get a grip faggot
>>
Don't call it cyberbullying. It sounds retarded.
>>
>>35716629
Ignoring it doesn't make it go away and it doesn't stop everyone else from seeing it.
>>
>>35716530
What do you mean? You mean people called you names on the internet? I never went to school when people had cellphones, do kids do other shit? Because if its name calling why would you come here of all places? Is some sort of le ironic joke?
>>
>>35716604
>>35716612
>>35716662
No, I was seriously cyberbullied. I'm a bit of an autist and always struggled with socialization in real life, but then I would come home and be an amazing editor on my favourite wiki. I would go on there every single day and just spend hours writing and reading and generally making it a nice site. Then one day this troll latched onto me and kept harassing me with different accounts for 4 fucking years. He sometimes tricked me with accounts into believing he was a friend, but later he would just betray me and keep torturing me psychologically. I call him 'Legion' for all the faces he wore and the demon he was. Even got me banned temporarily a couple of times on the wiki because he made me so paranoid and miserable.

>>35716586
I just don't understand why someone would do that... harass me regularly for 4 years when I just wanted to enjoy my own little corner of the internet.

>>35716633
What would you call it then?
>>
File: image(3).png (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image(3).png
8KB, 225x225px
>>35716689
What the fuck? How did he keep finding you? Why didn't you just stop posting on the wiki or make a new account?
>>
>>35716689
That sucks anon. He sounds horrible. When did it stop?

I have my own cyberbullying story i'd like to share but i wont derail your's
>>
>>35716743
I didn't want to change my account because I was already an established member of the community at the time and had 20,000 edits (now have 50,000) and if I told people on there I had a new account, he would have found out about it as he was obsessed with me I think.

>Why didn't you just stop posting on the wiki
1. That would be like admitting defeat
2. I was really, really attached to the wiki and wanted to lead it.
>>
File: pep2.jpg (59KB, 303x236px) Image search: [Google]
pep2.jpg
59KB, 303x236px
>>35716689

Urg fucking hell mate. Just ignore that shit. For someone to troll you for 4 years you must have been a proper dickhead or just annoying or something. I was actually bullied in real life for the entire time I was in education. Just deal with it. Get your head right, think why they did that to you, change as a person, learn self defense etc. Don't take shit anymore? jeez kid.
>>
>>35716783
Well, he got me banned for an entire year (a year and a half before he had gotten me banned for 3 weeks) and after that his harassment tapered off. He actually had the nerve to try and apologize to me via email a while later, but I wasn't having any of that. Think he was just setting me up again. And feel free to share your story, anon, this is a cyber-bulling victim thread in general
>>
File: 1488914161503.png (99KB, 447x275px) Image search: [Google]
1488914161503.png
99KB, 447x275px
>>35716814
I guess I respect the determination you showed. I'm a huge bitch/coward myself and would have deleted my account and left if anyone started cyber bullying me like that.

Sometimes you got to pick your battles and not be afraid to let the other person get the last word in. Would have saved you a lot of emotional distress.
>>
>>35716689
how did he get you banned?
>>
So I don't really understand cyber bullying. Like you guys say you are "harassed", what does this mean? Is it literally just someone messaging you mean things? Not trying to be mean but why would you care about the opinions of an anonymous person over the internet?

Not memeing OP, I genuinely want to understand.
>>
>>35716870
>you must have been a proper dickhead or just annoying or something

People who say this are complete retards.

>>35716879
Yeah, sounds bad anon. Don't take that shit.

My story is pretty brief
>make friends with guy on a discord
>we get along really well, really good friends, talk for hours
>one day we get in an argument over stupid shit
>call him a cunt and leave the discord
>he follows me onto every discord through common members and word of mouth and harasses and mocks me on each one until i leave
>lose like half my discord friends because they all take his side as he's really popular, say I deserve it
>stop using the internet for about 2 months
>>
>>35716870
Yeah, it took me a while but I eventually did mature and realize that the wiki. And I do take some self-defence classes now and want to be a detective.

>>35716897
Yeah, you're probably right. It's just that this game series and the associated wiki meant a lot to me... got me through some hard times frankly. But then this shit happened and I got miserable and it probably wasn't worth sticking around. Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose.

>>35716922
The first time for three weeks it was because he made me paranoid and I started lashing out at new users whom I thought were suspicious.

The second time was partly my own fault. I wanted to get control of the wiki, but the bureaucrat there had it out for me, and I foolishly asked my former nemesis what clandestine means I could use to get admin rights. He eventually framed me for sockpuppettig and leaked parts of a conversation I had with him to the bureaucrat to make it seem like I was going to stage a 'coup'. It was my own damn fault but still hurt
>>
>>35716966
The guy stalked me online, created different personas, and tried to make my hobby miserable for me. If it was just one, or three, or five messages; fine. But this guy kept it up for 4 years. It was the one hobby I truly enjoyed

>>35716982
That sucks anon, how long ago was that? Do you still use discord?
>>
>>35717067
around a year.

Yeah, I still use discord but only for friends i know irl

the experience made me develop social anxiety and i'm not as good with strangers anymore.
>>
>>35716982
>People who say this are complete retards.

I am a genius man. I got into Mensa (it's not hard you just send off a test paper and get a certificate back) I can sculpt a perfect likeness and did very well in college. Merits and distinctions the whole way through.
>>
>>35717067
Give us an example of a message he'd send. I just can't comprehend how anything a stranger could say to me would affect me at all.
>>
>>35717215
>I am a genius man. I got into Mensa (it's not hard you just send off a test paper and get a certificate back) I can sculpt a perfect likeness and did very well in college. Merits and distinctions the whole way through.
A U T I S M
>>
>>35717273
It wasn't that he used hateful language, but more that he knew how to push my buttons (calling me a bad editor, autistic, arrogant, etc.) and also that he created accounts that I genuinely believed were friends but later betrayed me
>>
>>35717273
it's easy to see how this could affect somebody. if you don't have much self-confidence then insults can really get under your skin, and he kept it up for 4 years.

personally I'm with you, I would just be amazed at how much time this guy was spending to try to harass me, and think he's pathetic for being that buttmad in the first place. I also have enough self-confidence in real life that literally nothing someone says online could really get to me.

>>35717371
like I mentioned, just take a break from the internet for a bit; try to shift your self-worth into something in the real world. you become immune to this type of harassment and are probably better off for it anyway.
>>
>>35716966
We all have potential to cause great distress to people if we want to, even over long distance. Think about it, it's always easy to toss it off as a bystander.
>>
Hang in there, robro. You just need to learn what you like about yourself and learn to forgive no matter how hard.
>>
>>35718013
I can never forgive him
>>
>>35716530
Well that sucks. Hopefully Youll find peace from it in the future.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.