[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever since I was a child I always felt bad about eating and killing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: shutterstock_95517259.jpg (906KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_95517259.jpg
906KB, 1000x664px
Ever since I was a child I always felt bad about eating and killing animals. I never knew anyone who was a vegetarian or vegan other than a couple female cousins who did it as a rebellious high school phase and constantly got bitched at and made fun of by my other relatives. All my friends and family members talk shit about vegetarians and consider eating as much meat as possible to be a good quality worthy of respect. Not eating meat is considered wrong.

My grandparents owned a fishing resort, and I would always hate catching fish and having to rip the hooks out of their eyeballs from the inside. When we were little kids we were told that fish don't feel pain like we do and everyone just accepted it, but it's blatantly obvious that the thing is conciously suffering when it's thrashing around in pain and trying to breathe. I would just hang out and drink and hope I didn't get a bite, trying to hide the fact that I had nothing on my hook.

I now realize that the only reason I bought and consumed products that require intense suffering to produce is because I don't want to be called a faggot and have everyone I know dislike me. I've become a closet vegan. What I want to know is why this is viewed as so morally wrong by so many people. What's so inherently wrong about not wanting to contribute to pain and discomfort? Why am I a bad person for not wanting to hurt things?
>>
go ahead and be vegan, just don't mention it too often or shove your beliefs other peoples throats.

no one really cares what you eat senpai.
>>
>>35716219
It's ok to do this, just don't go atoind shoving it down people's throats.
>>
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/08/130808123719.htm
Really makes you think
>>
Yep, the more I think about it, the less I like eating meat. It's also worse for the environment, since methane is a way more active greenhouse gas than co2

Fish are a whole other level of wrong. They say in another 20 years, fish will essentially be extinct. So, I've stopped eating them completely.

Humans are just such awful creatures.
>>
>>35716376
The fish problem has almost nothing to do with the west. Its asia man, they have no foresight at all.
>>
>>35716339
This is pretty interesting. Obviously when you consider pain as a purely emotional state then only higher functioning mammals would be able to "feel" pain. But even a worm will squirm about and attempt to avoid a knife poking it or cutting it in half. I wonder what a fish actually experiences when it gets a hook through its eyeball runs out of oxygen and how it would compare to human suffering.
>>
>>35716593
Or runs out of oxygen*
>>
>>35716219
Know this anon: you are the right one. The only problem is that you live in among barbarians who don't like to be reminded that they're barbarians.
You are the truly civilized person. You're the one who has ascended and who is superior. The one who sees all life forms as equal and worthy. The world would be a better place if everyone was like you.
But the same way ugly people don't like to be called ugly, ordinary people don't like you because you oppose their life styles and they have no counter argument to defend their ways other than: I like the taste of meat, or "i do not care for the suffering of other animals".
Be strong. Be strong to make a stand. Somewhere far in history you will be reminded as the sane among fools.
>>
>>35716219
Wtf no one cares that your vegan

Just don't be gay about it or try and shove it down people's throats and literally no one gives a fuck

It seriously must be anxiety or autism if you really think people are bothered by it
>>
>>35716593
Life forms that have no mechanism to at least attempt to avoid harmful and/or lethal incidents tend to end up dead. Life forms that have them tend to survive and procreate. As a consequence, we live in a world where life mostly tends to cling to life by instinctive behavior. Anthropomorphising that by ascribing suffering or pain as we know it to animals that don't quite have higher nervous system development due to misguided empathy doesn't really help anyone involved. You can't know what fish go through while being mangled no more than a fish can know what a negro warlord feels when the rival tribe kills both his child-soldier sons on the same day.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-01-09/new-research-plant-intelligence-may-forever-change-how-you-think-about-plants

Even plants try to avoid having their life artificially shortened. Does this mean we should suck on artificial fibers instead of eating anything that was at any point any sort of alive? I wouldn't know.

Not that I'd mind having a daily pot of industrial gruel with (non cancerous) artificial good taste that hits all the nutritional spots instead of all of this buy ingredients cook shit or order finished products for x times the money nonsense we've got going on.
>>
>>35716339
> A non human creature reacts to sensory stimulation in a different way than humans do
I'm shocked.
> A chordate
> Has dorsalis nervous chord
> Has nerve endings
> Has a small prime brain
> Doesn't react to invasive stimulation aka pain
Only a scientifically illiterate would support this.
>>
>>35716376
>fish extinct in 20 years
conventional fishing for food product can't even access 99.999% of the fish on this planet. you are a monumental retard.

>humans are such awful creatures
that includes you, fuccboi. i can respect vegetarianism, but if you think you are doing any less "damage" to the earth because you eat less meat, while sitting on a fucking computer, i'd say you need to get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>35716742
The fish is a chordate. Its nervous system is highly developed and complex. Don't try to compare them to echinoderms, flatworms or even worse, plants. You're showing how little you Know about the topic.
>>
>>35716724
>https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/08/130808123719.htm
>>35716269
>>35716319

"It's okay for you to do something good, but just don't remind me what a shitty person I am and try to make me do something good too."

Fucking meatcucks.
>>
>>35716872
I indeed do know very, very little on the topic and all I say is conjecture based on my basic education, self-proclaimed common sense and whatever science google makes available for me.
>>
>>35716724
> Using gay as a negative adjective
Disgusting homophobe.
>>
>>35716219
I just want all the suffering on earth to end.
>>
Tbh ur right.
>>
>>35716219
>What I want to know is why this is viewed as so morally wrong by so many people. What's so inherently wrong about not wanting to contribute to pain and discomfort? Why am I a bad person for not wanting to hurt things?

OP, take a good, hard look at your fellow human beings. There are vast majorities of people in this world who subscribe to thousand-year-old superstitions, and will even fight each other to the death because they have slightly differing interpretations of the same god.

Humanity is fucking stupid. There's your answer.

>I've become a closet vegan.
Stop caring what other people think. Why do you place so much value in anyone else's judgment? You surely have some awareness of how fucked up the human condition really is. You hear about senseless acts of terrorism and exploitation every day when you view the news. Why do any of these people's opinions matter to you?
>>
>go to a vegans house, the kind of dude who spins every conversation into a victory speech about how great he is
>he's got plastic wrap/trash everywhere and his kitchen is moldy and gross
>buys a ton of cheap clothes made in SE Asia
>he has no experience volunteering for animal shelters or educating on treatment of animals
>he just watches random shows and thinks he's doing enough for the world by not eating things that other people eat
>he's so far above everyone morally but still makes like 45k a year, which he blows on completely useless supplements and going out instead of donating it all

anyway, why should anyone in the world give a shit about what you like to eat? just order ahead if you think you'll be served meat.
>>
>>35716894
>manage not to put something in your mouth
>"do something good"
tie yourself to a garbage truck and gtfo out.
>>
>>35717072
He's doing less thanhe should, but he's doing much more than you, who do everything on that list PLUS Killing animals
I love when meateaters use ad hominem falacies. You do everything you criticize, plus the one thing that vegans condemn. Who's the real hypocrite here?
Lesser evil.
>>
If you feel life is good enough that you can think about the desires of other beings then good for you.

I just want to enjoy meat though.
>>
>>35717196
i make a lot more money and keep my house clean.

i'm really just pointing out that the guy is using an inconsequential habit as a trophy that he shows off while hiding a basic, wasteful life.

if you could equate eating steak with killing animals then you could equate living indoors with killing mexicans. vegans who are doing it for the trendiness are fine. vegans who truly believe humans are bad are necessarily responsible for killing themselves. why would ego be the priority for a vegan when he could lower the human population and save more of the environment?
>>
>>35717163
>"manage not to put something in your mouth"
>same thing as willingly consuming a dead animal that was methodically tortured and killed

Meatcuck logic everybody.

You don't even have the balls to do the killing, or the skill to make it into consumable meat. You are total cucks.

I grow my own vegetables. You are a farty plebian and always will be, meatcuck.
>>
>>35716866
You think those 99.9% of fish are all edible, you fucking moron? Even if we did have the technology. You are a fool.
>>
>>35717444
I'm from a euro village family and where I come from we skin rabbits alive and use knives (or bigger cutty/stabby things) on pigs because other ways of putting them down are expensive or illegal. Then we gather the neighbors and bbq.

Enjoy your cabbage though.
>>
I wouldn't mind vegetarians if every single one i ever met was a huge piece of shit.
>>
>>35717495
>wasn't*
pretty big distinction there
>>
Personally, if you placed a cow in front of me, gave me a gun and asked me to kill it, I would refuse. Thus I also refuse to eat meat.
I don't necessarily oppose the eating of meat in general. But the meat industry, as it is run today, is absolutely horrible and disgusting and must come to an end.
>>
>>35717486
are you retarded dude?

>>35717444
what do you add to your soil?
>>
>>35716866
Sorry I triggered your delicate sensibilities, m'lord. But, what I've said is all true. There will be no fish as we know it in a very short time. Not just from overfishing but also from pollution, microplastics, a whole host of issues. It literally keeps me up at night.

And yes, I know that by saying "humans are awful" that it includes me.

Perhaps you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself, as the old saying goes.

>>35717486
This guy gets it.
>>
>>35717489
I will. Enjoy your third-world shithole, europoor. Keep cucking your body with all that healthy meat.
>>
>>35717575
>opens response with condescending use of "triggered"
>"people fishing literally keeps me up at night"

nice.
>>
this is my experience with veganism. i tried it for like 3 months about 4 months ago. it actually went great, i lost weight and felt better. but i started to get depressed because i lacked stuff that was in meat like b12 or some omega 3 acids

i hate supplements and rarely take them, and am a delusional paranoid freak who doesnt even believe that they work. yeah im one of those people, i cant help it

so i just compromised and only eat sardines now. they work, give me what im missing and are too expensive to be grown in a farm so they are just fished. but i avoid farm animals

in general ive noticed vegans to be skinier, have more "compassion" and feel like others are not compassionate enough, probably smarter?, definitely healthier, like leftists in general moreso than not. ill stick with sardines
>>
>>35717578
What's the point of being alive past the age of 50? You wanna count your remaining friends down to 0 as they die and watch yourself grow physically and mentally more and more decayed? Overeat, oversleep, overdrink and most importantly over dont give a fuck.
>>
File: Cannibal Icon (Fallout 3).jpg (11KB, 280x220px) Image search: [Google]
Cannibal Icon (Fallout 3).jpg
11KB, 280x220px
if the apocalypse ever happens and we're forced to resort to cannibalism, i'm going for the vegans first.
>>
>>35716219
A vegan diet is unnatural for humans and a lot of people fail to thrive on it. But there is a solution: salt-water mussels. Salt-water mussels are no more sentient than plants. Unlike most other bivalves (eg. clams can dig, scallops can swim), the only thing they can do is open and close, and there are plants that can do that. The have plant-tier sensory ability too (some other bivalves have primitive eyes but not salt-water mussels). Ability to suffer has non-zero cost, so evolution will only select for it when it has non-zero benefit. Salt-water mussels are sessile so they cannot possibly benefit from suffering. They're basically plants that happen to be made from meat. And they are delicious and they are rich in all the nutrients lacking in a vegan diet. Additionally they can be farmed on ropes with no environmental damage (there was even an anonymous here who said he went fishing at a mussel farm and the ecosystem looked healthier than in other nearby water).
>>
>>35716219
I feel you anon. I tried becoming a vegan when I was around 13-14 and my parents actually supported it. Lasted about a week before realising that I loved meat too much to give it up. I do tend to stay away from fish and stick to farm animals.
>>
>>35717563
Compost, anon--worm castings, coffee grounds, anything. You can make your own custom mix.
Any bio-matter works, banana peels are good. I mix these into a composting mix and spray it in my yard and garden. Both lap it up and glow a healthy green.

You can add urine to a compost mix too if you're not a diseased meatcuck, because it contains decent levels of nitrogen.

Also vericomposting. Worms are our friends and do all the work of running a garden.

Also raise bees and watch your flowers pop while getting free honey. They have DIY hives you can set up really easily now.

ALL /r9k/ SHOULD DO THIS. WE COULD FREE OURSELVES FROM SOCIETY IF WE JUST GOT GOOD ENOUGH AT THIS SHIT
>>
File: youre a monster.jpg (5KB, 150x105px) Image search: [Google]
youre a monster.jpg
5KB, 150x105px
>>35717761
but how do you know they don't fall in love you monster
>>
>>35717794
>r9k should grow plants by peeing on them and tossing a banana peel and coffee on them
you should make this into a meme like ballsweat did for the world of dating.
>>
>>35717834
They don't love, they just cum in the water and if they're lucky some ends up inside a female.
>>
I'm a closet vegetarian
I work a highly physical shitty ass job and I am just as strong as everyone else
>>
>>35716269
>waaaaaaaaaah it makes me feel bad when people call me out for being a piece of shit so just shut up waaaaaaaaaaah
>>
>>35717865
Right, I should clarify that you need to actually make the compost using those ingredients. But it is fairly easy anons. It truly saddens me to think how good we could all have it in some village with our own veggies, bees, weed, alcohol, if some anon wanted to raise chickens that'd be cool.

Why can't we just bring our autism together to do something cool for once?
>>
so many triggered tumblr babies itt
no wonder r9k is so beta
>>
>>35717578

Actually, lean meats like rabbit and squirrel have never been associated with a clear health risk, unlike processed/red meats.
>>
>>35717629
I would gladly suffer the small barbed comments from fools in the service of Mother Gaia, who cannot speak for herself.
We who feel her pain must be her strong, righteous, unwavering voice.
>>
>>35718181
i'm going hunting this spring for moose of elk, when i'm gutting my kill i'll be thinking of pussy vegan faggot limp wrists eating their salads.
>>
>>35716219
>My grandparents owned a fishing resort, and I would always hate catching fish and having to rip the hooks out of their eyeballs from the inside. When we were little kids we were told that fish don't feel pain like we do and everyone just accepted it, but it's blatantly obvious that the thing is conciously suffering when it's thrashing around in pain and trying to breathe. I would just hang out and drink and hope I didn't get a bite, trying to hide the fact that I had nothing on my hook.
You are truly a fucking moron. Fish are physically incapable of feeling pain. Learn basic elementary school science.
>>
>i'm going hunting this spring for moose of eIk, when i'm gutting my kill i'll be thinking of pussy vegan faggot limp wrists eating their salads.
>>
>>35716269
You're right. I'm a vegetarian myself but try not to mention it that often an make not to make a fuss about it. Most vegetarians and vegans I knew were the most pretentious and annoying fucks you can imagine. I assume they didn't really cared for the animals anyway and just did it to always have the moral high ground in an reactionary argument.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.