[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> tfw too intelligant to believe the Schrodinger's Cat

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1488328185944.png (279KB, 486x413px) Image search: [Google]
1488328185944.png
279KB, 486x413px
> tfw too intelligant to believe the Schrodinger's Cat theory

Someone smart explain to me how it isn't bull shit
>>
It's an example for quantum stuff dick weed
>>
>>35708776
It's just a metaphor you dumb fuck.
>>
>>35708776
why do you not like it?
>>
Quantum particles exhibit properties which indicate they can be in mutilple places at the same time. Only when measured do they appear in a single place. The cat is just a metaphor.
>>
>>35708776
They're trting to compare a living cat to a single particle, great thought experiment. really gets the noodle oodling
>>
>>35708776
It's a metaphor for quantum physics. It details that anything could be in any given location at any point and that to really know what "is there" you need to spike/interact with it. But in reality you're never sure of what was there before you interfered.
>>
File: 1RBLMCFx4o4dG.gif (2MB, 410x230px) Image search: [Google]
1RBLMCFx4o4dG.gif
2MB, 410x230px
>>35708776
>mfw
>too intelligent
>>
>>35708829
the cat isn't a metaphor, it's alive or dead state is entangled to the state of a single particle (Schrodinger proposed the decay of a radioactive nucleus which sets off a detector which releases poison)
>>
>>35708776
The actual theory was really intended as a strawman to make fun and point out the ridiculousness of quantum mechanics, because the field was running by that logic at the time.
>>
>>35708847
I assure you that cats are not quantum particles in the literal, conventional meaning of this sentence. It is necessarily a metaphor.
>>
File: 1485201324269.gif (1MB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
1485201324269.gif
1MB, 276x260px
>>35708842
I'v looked into it and its been pushed aside by quantom decurrents.

>mfw i was rite
>>
>>35708776
Well, first off you are probably much less intelligent than what you think if you can't even tell apart a theorem from a theory you stupid faggot.
>>
>>35708862
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat

Look at the Copenhagen interpretation. The cat is very much a superposition of alive and dead quantum states, and everything in between, in that treatment.
>>
>>35708857

This. It was designed to mock the copenhagen interpretation (it's both lol we don't know lol derp derp derp lol), it's not supposed to be a de facto explanation of quantum states nor a "metaphor" (aka a lie to normies). It's just been stolen as a metaphor by normies who watch the big bazonga theory and like to look smart.
>>
>>35709170
In reality a metal box would probably insufficient to do this, the box would have to be totally impervious to all particles from which you could potentially infer one state or another. On small scales where single particle are involved, it is fair game I suppose.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.