[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>atheism >no afterlife >two genders >there are

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: l58gnni3shdy.jpg (114KB, 611x593px) Image search: [Google]
l58gnni3shdy.jpg
114KB, 611x593px
>atheism
>no afterlife
>two genders
>there are natural differences between sexes
>believing a different ideology
>etc

Why are such things considered "edgy"? There is nothing edgy about facts or holding a different opinion.
>>
Can you be anymore the stereotypical /pol/tard if you tried I wonder
>>
File: 1443836506574.jpg (359KB, 1600x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1443836506574.jpg
359KB, 1600x1050px
>>35707911
>>atheism
>>no afterlife
kys edgelord these are mainstream opinions
>>
It's probably because people can detect that you're being a cringy edgelord through your tone, and it has nothing to do with the topics you present.
>>
>>35707911
Nothing wrong with atheism. I think the people you're referring to have problems with the atheists themselves. The typical fedora-tipping "wake up, idiots" type of atheist.
>>
>>35707911
You can be an atheist without being an edgelord but you can't be an edgelord without being an atheist.
>>
>>35707933
How is holding these opinions indicative of /pol/? I don't go there, and I am not a Nazi either.

>>35707985
No, people respond "edgy" everywhere those are mentioned even if you're just expressing your opinion.
>>
>>35707911
Atheism and no afterlife are edgy because it goes against survival instinct. We all want to believe well never cease to exist. Nonexistence is more terrifyingly then hell
>>
File: aa2.jpg (45KB, 600x501px) Image search: [Google]
aa2.jpg
45KB, 600x501px
>>35707933
>implying /pol/ isn't a christian board
>>
>>35708024
>you can't be an edgelord without being an atheist
False.
>>
>>35707973
>90 percent of most places have religion and a concept of heaven/hell
No it isn't.
>>35707911
It's a cheap tactic to shoot down free thought. Duh.

Example:
>>why are women allowed to abortion but stem cells are a no-go?
>fedora.jpg
>wanting to control a woman's life
>>it's not the 50s anon
Everyone uses that tactic and it's cheap as hell. I did it backwards but still. Fedora edge meme insult is just a way to shoot down someone you disagree with and stop their propaganda by using a rediculous cringe image of a man that may be behind the post. The imagrey helps to make the post seem ridiculous. It takes advantage of a knee-jerk reaction.
>>
>>35707911
>Why are such things considered "edgy"?

Because "edgy" is a buzzword that people use to attempt to shame you into changing the views you express.
>>
>>35708029
How is non-existence terrifying? That's like being terrified of how you were before born.
>>
>>35707911
>>atheism
>>no afterlife
If you're civil about it and not a snarky faggot who jacks off to Carl Sagan pics in public to show the sheeple how incredibly smart he is it's alright
>>two genders
>>there are natural differences between sexes
proven facts =/= edge
>>
>>35708035
They're not. They pick and choose what they like about Christianity and never apply the standards to themselves.
>>
>>35708041
>>35708058
I actually think that, but why don't other people see that it damages free speech in general? Let all people express their opinion, no matter how stupid or edgy it may seem to you. Fascism, communism, ancapism, school shooterism... Punish action, not words.
>>
>>35708100
Sounds like every religion to me.
>>
>>35708107
We do see it. But people will just post another fedora pic after another fedora pic until the more mature person gives up, thus making the edelord meme go on.
>>
>>35708073
But Sagan was actually a really smart and wise man who was really empathetic to believers and not condescending. I think that mocking people for liking Sagan and spreading his thoughts hurts both sides.
>>
>>35708136
Can it be stopped? It's disheartening that people do that. If someone is civil, you can discuss anything with them, resulting in a good discourse.
>>
>>35708155
Don't get me wrong I like Sagan, but fedoras are so fucking obnoxious about him
Most don't even read his stuff but won't shut up about him because le smart science man
>>
How can you be a robot if you think you're going to live in paradise for eternity after you die?
>>
>>35708107
>but why don't other people see that it damages free speech in general?

Most people don't actually give a shit about free speech.
>>
>>35708193
I think I know what you mean, but you shouldn't mind if people refer to him often. He really was a great author and scientists. It didn't cross my mind that someone could worship him without reading at least some of his stuff.
>>
>>35708228
No, they do, but only about THEIR free speech.
>>
>>35708246
That's a logical fallacy.
>>35708224
Does this post have a point?
>>35708193
The irony of this post is astounding.
>>35708180
No it can't. The meme almost died when everyone started using it. You can only speak their language until it becomes too ironic. Literally you post the fedora meme in response to the fedora meme.
>>
File: Ow_the_edge.jpg (38KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
Ow_the_edge.jpg
38KB, 400x366px
>>35708135
Appropriate for the topic.
>>
File: radical.jpg (77KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
radical.jpg
77KB, 600x600px
>>35708910
Not even being edgy. The only people who actually follow their religion are radical Muslims.
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (26KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
26KB, 600x750px
>>35708910
>harrassing and persecuting those whom do not believe in your sky daddy is acceptable
>>
>>35708041
>90% of most places have religion
Most of the western world is not religious. Just because shit holes like Poland and the middle east push the average up doesn't mean the people around you are religious

This is why people think atheists are edgy faggots. You think you're truth is the absolute truth, and you paint yourself up to be 'le edgy minority' when your opinion is actually the status quo.
>>
>>35708986
Unless you are in France or China yes most of the world does believe in the same old shit. Fuck off.
>>
>>35707911
Screaming edgy is an "argument" people use when they have nothing else
>>
File: Capture.png (158KB, 1226x1739px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
158KB, 1226x1739px
>>35709006
You can keep lying to yourself, but it doesn't do you any favours.
>>
Edgy is a matter of perception. Topics aren't edgy by nature, its how they're perceived and how they're presented that make them edgy.
>>
>>35709309
That was a nice edu. But anywho, I've done research and visiting church is not the same as believing in the bullshit and identifying with it. The witch hunt lives on inside the religious, and I'm assuming that the question asked in your image was something along the lines of visiting churches. But how many have bibles at home? How many pray when scared? How many use it as a weapon to attack those of whom they dissagree with? But anyway, the numbers have changed since I looked it up but it's still almost eight of ten being abrahamic relgious in murka, and we force everyone to do as we do so it doesn't matter. It was nine of ten in murika, but now eight. Wew and who. Until it's majority atheist it is still shit.
>>
>>35707911
>no afterlife
I don't consider this edgy just dumb. This universe came from nothing, and it will eventually collapse in on itself and end. Because this universe exists we know it is entirely possible for another one to appear from nothing after it. It doesn't necessarily mean one will, but the longer time or whatever absence of it goes on the closer the chances of it happening approach 100%. Since we'll be dead there will be no perception of this time going by and none of it will matter.

This is all of course assuming consciousness is nothing more than a product of higher brain function. If you believe in spirits or other spoopy shit your thoughts will obviously differ.
>>
>>35707911
>atheism
typically a western belief, poor countries are more religious

>no afterlife
again, western belief.

>two genders
western belief. our countries were colonized by societies that only recognized two genders, you're forgetting about hijra, kur.ga.ra and muxe.

>there are natural differences between sexes
this is widely believed throughout the world

>believing a different ideology
you mean English/irish/german/etc americans who are like "oh i'm hindu... its such a peaceful religion uwu"?
>>
>>35708671
your quite edgy, anon-kun
almost as edgy as bismuth
>>
File: red_hat_logo.jpg (12KB, 648x348px) Image search: [Google]
red_hat_logo.jpg
12KB, 648x348px
>>35708136
*posts fedora*
AMIDOINITRITE?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.