[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finally got a job with good enough benefits where I can see

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1472057936691.jpg (249KB, 1270x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1472057936691.jpg
249KB, 1270x1022px
I finally got a job with good enough benefits where I can see a therapist. I suffer from depression, sometimes suicidal. Like the kind that comes on suddenly and strong.

This is for all of my robots on depression meds. Will it help me? I used to hate the idea of it but at this point the pain is too much and i'm tired of feeling like this every single fucking day.
>>
Ask for a stimulant.
>>
>>35707152
What's it do? I mean, obviously it stimulates but what's it like? What's the difference between it and something else?

I get hits of intense depression during the day that has me crying for thirty minutes or so at a time sometimes. It sucks. I can't enjoy anything anymore.
>>
>>35707174
Forces bad stuff out of your mind. Makes you want to do activities. Most doctors will start you off with an SSRI like sertraline/zoloft. I took that. I didn't get the negative effects, like so many did, but it really didn't have any positives, either. One of the negative effects is that it can numb you. As someone who is emotionally-numb, it's much worse than being sad.
>>
>>35707216
Alright, sounds kinda fun.

But I write. Or at least try to when I have the mood. Will it affect my writing?
>>
>>35707130
>I finally got a job with good enough benefits where I can see a therapist.
Funny thing I have to fix myself before I can ask people to fix me. If I could get a job where they pay me enough to not starve to death I wouldn't need a shrink.
>>
>>35707234
You'll produce more. I can't speak how it'll affect you, creatively.
>>
>>35707265
I'll take the chance. My writing was never that dark despite the depression so fuck it. Worth a shot.

>>35707245
I lied through my teeth through the whole process. Plus, this job isn't hard to get. It's just working for the state.
>>
As somebody else who had success with stimulants, be very careful of tolerance and dependency.

I'm pretty sure at this point I have irreparably ruined my brain and my life.
>>
>>35707130
Please tell me, Galko-chan!

Is it true ur a suicidal faggot?
>>
>>35707152
Stimulant? Like Adderall or something?
>>
File: 1469950028377.gif (151KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1469950028377.gif
151KB, 500x400px
>>35707395
Yes.

Original ravioli.
>>
>>35707130
Honestly, with the whole therapy thing, much like many other things, your results may vary.
The therapy I have received thus far hasn't been very good imo, all I've really done is rant about the same shit I rant about with my friends over discord. If I was paying for it, I would have quit a long time ago.
But don't take my experience as a definite, I'd recommend just checking it out yourself; why the hell not.

Now as for the suicidal thoughts, the thing that really helped me is I started working out; apparently the physical activity changes some things around relating to the chemicals in your brain, making you feel better. I mean yeah, I'd rather lay around like a piece of shit all day, but then I'd feel like a piece of shit all day.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.