[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have never seen a woman with autism before. Do they exist?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12

File: 1490141545607.jpg (465KB, 2440x2472px) Image search: [Google]
1490141545607.jpg
465KB, 2440x2472px
I have never seen a woman with autism before. Do they exist? Or is autism a man only disease like colorblindness?
>>
>>35705433
There are plenty of us women who have Asperger's.
>>
They exist, but if they're high functioning they'll just come off as a bit eccentric and still have a lot of friends so you won't really notice until you start dating them
>>
They do exist, but men are diagnosed with autism 4 times as often as women are.
>>
>>35705450

woman (female) or woman (male)?
>>
Autistic women cognition is more aligned with non-autistic men than women or autistic men. Since they're generally more pro-social, they usually either go undiagnoised or get a later diagnosis. Also their interests are a lot more socially acceptable, ie books and dolls vs train timetables.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/autism-it-s-different-in-girls/
>>
>>35705433
Can I get a quick rundown on this game? I am not /v/ and keep seeing pics and people whining about it.
>>
File: 1490152681135.jpg (2MB, 1391x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490152681135.jpg
2MB, 1391x1080px
>>35706240

The animations and graphics are laughably bad for an AAA release.
The alien races look like they were ripped from a mid 2000s CGI kids movie
The facial animations for the NPC humans is so robotic every human NPC looks like a Disney animatronic when they speak
The female character looks genuinely autistic. Her animations are so bad it appears as if she's unable to properly process emotions. More often than not it looks like she's poorly imitating the emotions the other people around her are displaying.
>>
>>35706737
How much of the blame is on women designers?
>>
File: 1490122741101.png (2MB, 1351x2202px) Image search: [Google]
1490122741101.png
2MB, 1351x2202px
>>35706816

100%

orrriganoh
>>
>>35706816
less than people make it out to be, couple of people blamed them and then everyone said LOOK GAMERGATE IS BASING WOMEN AGAIN LOOK AT OUR GAME BUY OUR GAME WE NEED THIS ATENTION SEXISIM N SHIET LOOK AT US

not him btw, just an autist who needs that hat,
>>
>>35705433
Autism spectrum disorder diagnosis is made up of by like two-thirds men and one-third women.
>>
>>>71703979

Pic related, I don't really support self-diagnosis and shit, but unfortunately maybe I exist.
>>
>>35707047
>>>/mu/71703979
>>
>>35707047
Link to quiz, anon?
>>
There was a girl on here the other day who was absolutely sperging out about a male celebrity being fat, and how much she hates fat people, among other things.

Seemed like quite a sperglord.
>>
>>35705433
It's because mild autism in women is nowhere near the same detriment that it is in men. Women are allowed to be awkward.
>>
When women are functionally autistic, it just makes them more attractive.
>>
>>35707163

You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.

What did they mean by this?

http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php
>>
I've a autistic girl once.
She looked like a fat boy and could barely speak a sentence without spitting and randomly hitting someone.
>>
I knew one. She was a shut-in furry. Tiny and skinny. Only ate sweets. Couldn't care for herself. Got diabetes, lost a limb and then died.
>>
File: That explains a lot.png (86KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
That explains a lot.png
86KB, 640x400px
>>35707400
>>35707047
Apparently you're more of an autist than I am.

I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>35707617
Yeah me too.

Then again all these self-diagnosis, if you're having doubt or feeling like some mental condition is ruining your daily life, go see a doctor before you become me, seriously.
>>
>>35707810
>go see a doctor

Isn't autism/asperger's a permanent thing?

I don't want to be diagnosed if it is.
I like to hope that it'll go away one day, and I'll be normal.
I'd probably kill myself if I found out I'm always going to be like this.
>>
>>35707859
>Isn't autism/asperger's a permanent thing?
Yes, it is.

>I'd probably kill myself if I found out I'm always going to be like this.

There comes the doc to help you cope with that I guess.

I personally don't want to get diagnosed is because I think I'm too afraid to find out what if I don't have any mental conditions, how am I going to explain all the weird shits I've done or do then!
What if I'm just a plain asshole actually!
>>
>>35707954
>There comes the doc to help you cope with that I guess.

I can't imagine there'd be anything that would make it better.
What could they do?

>I personally don't want to get diagnosed is because I think I'm too afraid to find out what if I don't have any mental conditions, how am I going to explain all the weird shits I've done or do then!

At least you would know you can change.
>>
3 autistic girls here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD_qru9rYHQ&t=1802s
>>
>>35707980
non-meme autism is scary
>>
>>35707978
>I can't imagine there'd be anything that would make it better.
>What could they do?

I don't know, talk. Like we two are doing right now.
But I'm not any pro, now I don't know whether they do any thing better than us two strangers or not, but if you're feeling suicidal because of your condition what if they are actually better than you or me? I mean why take the chance.

>At least you would know you can change.

Yeah. You're right I think. Thanks.
>>
Someone post the peanut butter girl
>>
>>35705433
>Do they exist?
Yes

https://youtu.be/3YxTOU_ry3g
>>
I had a girl(female) in my physics class that had autism.
She was really nice but she made a lot of Hitler jokes. Not that it mattered since one guy's great grandpa was in charge of a nazi concentration camp.
>>
>>35705433
Autism affects men and women differently. But autistic girls tend to be found in the anime and/or cosplaying circles.
>>
Women are autistic by default but society tolerates all their bullshit and drama because we want to stick our sausage in pussy
>>
>>35705433
I've a got a friend (female) she's a fembot and have autism
>>
>>35705433
I knew a girl with Asperger before. A really cute blonde with braces. She was just sorta the typical quiet, collected type.

Still cucked me for another guy, though. I learned my lesson long ago and I don't try anymore.
>>
>>35709147
Wow geez, I'm not sure what to say, I got bullied out of anime and cosplaying circles in general by other girls because I said that their OTP were shit and that being a fangirl was fucking weird because they're literal characters from Fiction. They are all definitely neurotypical and, in general, being in love with a 2D character is a neurotypical thing to do. Autism goes hand in hand with annoying levels of literal-mindedness (for the most part), and people with literal minds don't look at a drawing and think "yeah she real, would fugg".

Autism kinda implies you really don't understand the whole social dynamic of bullying etc. AT LEAST you should lack some understanding. And most of the girls mentioned here were fucking awful cunts.

Either way, I have legit muh diagnosis autism. My life has been hell. And yeah, sure, guys think you're cuter than other girls because I'm a fucking idiot for the most part and get into a lot of trouble for speaking too much and because I'm very resilient and strong. Determined.

Still though, I mean, people bully me out of every single thing I've done in my life, it doesn't really matter how outstanding of a student I have been, no one cares about that shit anymore, nowadays we have a culture that celebrates being unruly and shitty. I am the outcast 100% of the time because I stand by simple things like "I'm here to fucking study dude, this is university, it's not the fucking club, why should I hang out with you? The fuck is wrong with you, let me go home, I have things to do."

>this offends the male.
>>
>>35705433
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YxTOU_ry3g

tfw no qt autism gf
>>
They're called fembots and we shame them into keeping that a secret around here
>>
>>35709405
Being a good student was never celebrated. Enjoy being envied and left out of life, anon.
>>
>>35705433

I have known one for a year now. Unlike male Autism they still have social skills. Since she is more intelligent I look like a cuck in her eyes. She still managed to bang some retard (figuratively) chad who didn't stay long. Cant wait to leave this area soon so I can get over this bitch.
>>
Yes, they exist.

They're still whores like all women.
>>
>>35709405
>boo hoo I'm living life on lesser easy mode I'm gonna have to settle for a beta boyfriend who lets me blame my autism for being a cunt
>>
>>35709458
Yeah... I think it's worse to be a smart female than a smart male though. Realistically both situations can be hell-ish, but females are supposed to use smilies and ecks dee (XD) the shit out of any interaction and I just can't pretend that shit jokes are good jokes (among other kinds of pretending).

I don't fucking get it, why am I the one in the wrong for not laughing at the joke? Do comedians throw a hissy fit if the audience thinks the joke is shit? Fuck me people are fucking stupid. Everyone seems to have been fucking spoiled like mad around me, most people look like they'll kill themselves if I say their work needs improvement (so now I just say WOW THAT'S REALLY GOOD).

>this keeps the normie happy.
>>
File: 1489118903048.png (31KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
1489118903048.png
31KB, 720x644px
>>35709495
Hey, honestly, if I could pull off shitty straw-mans like you do I'd sure as hell be a lot happier and definitely be living in a way easier mode, you sound stupid enough to be able to have a good life too. I recommend you get out there and try your hardest before you talk shit.
>>
>>35705433
Yeah, I qualify as a (((woman))) diagnosed with autism.
I don't have the social skills that other female autists have. I'm impolite by accident and too blunt. I can't get along with others well. I have been in therapy and on meds since I was 16 and have come a long way from being a shut-in in my parents house; now I'm a shut-in in my own house.
I'm not charming and cute like the female autists you wish existed. I have tard strength and my only saving grace that keeps me from being a flapping mongoloid is that I can write/type out my thoughts.
I still flap my hands and cover my ears a lot. I have an oral fixation so I'm always trying to eat objects off the floor. I have a food addiction too.

YOU THOUGHT I WAS GONNA BE CUTE JEJ
;~;
>>
evalion i'm pretty sure is autistic

don't think she's yet realised how much she's fucked up her life and job prospects either
>>
>>35709540
you already are living life on easy mode stupid cunt. The fact that you were born as a female autist instead of male guarantees you a normal life, you don't know how good you have it you dumb bitch
>>
>>35709556
Sounds kinda like me desu, I've been NEET since age 17. School just doesn't work out, I've re-tried high school 5 times and I tried Uni last year.

Tbh my stims are very minor, I just bounce my legs a lot and I may or may not have a tendency to move around a lot/skip/jump etc. I also tend to sing instead of screaming etc.

I keep headphones on to protect myself from the noises of the animals around me. Some people have the shittiest voices ffs. I found out that wearing headphones offends the normies because you owe them your attention.
>>
File: jon arbuckle casin.png (354KB, 632x555px) Image search: [Google]
jon arbuckle casin.png
354KB, 632x555px
>>35709405
>>35709512
>I don't fucking get it, why am I the one in the wrong for not laughing at the joke?

neurotypicals throw a hissy fit if you don't humor them and they think they're not the ones with a problem.
>>
File: 1458131102215.jpg (56KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
1458131102215.jpg
56KB, 500x708px
>have autism diagnoses
>sometimes feel like I'm not actually autistic and it's something else
I don't know if that's just me being in denial or if it's a legitimate worry.
>>
>>35709567
>that video where she's just punching herself in the head
>>
>>35709577
Dude, you presented a total of 0 arguments towards your claim that I totes have it easy and that I totes have it easier than you too. I don't know what to say, I feel like with the amount of people out there in the world who think exactly like you that you're bound to be less lonely than I am. Consider that.
>>
>>35709616
>0 arguments
1. you are female
only argument necessary

>you're bound to be less lonely than I am
you're not even a shut-in, eat shit
>>
>>35709596
I didn't graduate high school until I was 22. I redid the same courses over and over and failed even though I knew the work by heart. I want to try uni but my track record is shitty and I am afraid of trying to put myself back in an educational environment.
I sleep with headphones on and with a scarf over my eyes even in a pitch black and silent room because if any light comes in I won't be able to sleep. I've described this as like having transparent eyelids but nobody else seems to get it.
>>
>>35709598
So they're like 3 year olds getting angry that you didn't say their drawing was way better than the painting by the experience 35 year old, yes?

Ok, this kinda helps, I just need to think of them as a bit less self-aware than I used to and I'm bound to one day manage to get it right.
>>
>>35709636
give me your NEET stats/living situation/mental disabilities and past traumas and we'll see who has it worse. You go first, obviously. Then me and the other girl autist because I don't trust you not to cheat to make a point.
>>
>>35709658
>11 year NEET
>last left the house over a year ago
>never had friends
>never had a gf
>can't just get either of those two whenever I want by being female
there you go bitch
>>
Are autists more likely to get on with other autists?
>>
>>35709685
Not in my experience.
Most autists weren't self-aware enough for me, they were bit too bold and cringy.
>>
>>35705433
>Or is autism a man only disease like colorblindness?
but my gf is colorblind
>>
>>35709639
Sounds awful. I have the same kind of sensory issue but related to sound. I cringe like mad at the sound of giggling females, it's this intense hormonal stupidity. The sound of heartily laughing males is also so disgustingly hormonal though... They sound so fucking bad, if they're nerdy guys the collective laughing sounds even worse too, it gets a hint of nastily perverted laughing, holy shit, I get literally nauseated by the presence of most people, their voices are so disgusting, they produce such hideous noise.
I keep myself to music and people who know how to talk and sing. Everything else kinda throws me off reality and into a spinning hell of nausea.

But wearing headphones offends the normies because reasons, their feelings matter a lot more than my getting a chance at living life.

>>35709636
? I am a shut-in, what are you talking about? I've been a shut-in since age 17, I'm now 25. I try doing things and it turns out wrong and I get fatigued for years/months and my sensory issues get quadrupled in severity.

Listen buddy, I don't know why I'm bothering, I know you're already settled down in thinking the way you do forever, so fuck you anyway.
>>
>>35709680
Well, sucks to be you? We have pretty much the same literal stats. You don't see me throwing a fucking tantrum over it and how the solution would be to have been born with a vagina or whatever. Get your shit together and don't blame it on others. Stay sane you fucking moron, don't lose it just because you've met some girls who said they had it bad but then didn't. SHOCK. People lie. SHOCK.
>>
>>35709703
That's out of choice. You can get free support, friends and a bf and leave that lifestyle any time you want

>>35709736
Except you don't have it bad, stupid bitch, none of you do for the reason I just said. Barring certain mental issues (which does not include high functioning autism) women do not have it hard in any way in life.

>Get your shit together and don't blame it on others
gee totally not sounding like a normie female here.
>>
>>35709697
Oh, that's unfortunate.

I just want to get along with another person for once.
>>
>>35709702
>but my gf (male) is colorblind

Shocking.
>>
>>35709776
I think another thing is a lot of autists like to dominate conversation with whatever they're interested in (again, lack of self-awareness), which I'm not very good at putting up with.
>>
>>35709774
Man, you're more tiring than a group of giggling females. You sure have a lot of misplaced passion uh.
>>
>>35709831
Just wasting my free time any way I can having been unfortunate enough to have been born an autistic male
>>
>>35709680
>schizophrenic
>5 year NEET (i'm 22)
>mid-low functioning autist
>brain damage
>U G L Y
>shut-in (haven't left this property in 3 years except that I was hospitalized once and forced to see a therapist and psychiatrist or into the bin I go)
>never had a friend
>no friends currently
>heliophobia

maybe we should be friends.

>>35709703
>Everything else kinda throws me off reality and into a spinning hell of nausea.

fuck people laughing in public. 9/10 times I think they are laughing at me for being afraid of the sun.

>>35709774
>That's out of choice.
you don't have autism, do you.
>>
>>35709854
I mean, fair enough, but you could be throwing your passion/drive at something else other than claiming that females have it easy just because they can more easily sell their soul for obtaining material goods. I have been homeless before and I think I'd like to think that it was a noble action on my part that sent a message home to the people who were trying to bring me down. I wouldn't say I was acting like an idiot because I could have simply ignored all my emotion and reason and married a fat rich guy who would give me a place to sleep.

I know it's kinda easy to dehumanize people/things that have never been good to you but come on. Normies are full of shit but it's not like I say they have it easy. I think they must have it really hard, just imagine, being worried about all the shit they're always worrying about. Those people don't get a break.
>>
File: 1486692618039.jpg (205KB, 962x1175px) Image search: [Google]
1486692618039.jpg
205KB, 962x1175px
>>35709791
>tfw I am autistic and do this a lot
I don't really get what I am supposed to talk about other than my interests and shit when it is just normal socializing. Almost any conversation that doesn't concern my interests just absolutely bores me.
>>
>>35709898
I don't get to the "oh shit what if they're laughing about me" anymore, it was a thing I had in my 13~22s simply because I had no idea of just how self-absorbed normies are...

Their sounds are just ugly anyway, they're straight up only one step above apes. It's just unsightly, they keep moving and wobbling around and being loud and saying dumb shit and trying to pull off bad jokes, it's like I'm stuck in one of those awful cringe comedy movies.
>>
>>35709921
Oh I can sympathise, I just don't talk much because I know people don't want to hear my rambling about whatever things I'm into. I only really talk to my brother since we have some common interests.
>>
File: 1489514956062.jpg (327KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1489514956062.jpg
327KB, 1936x1936px
>>35709900
normies are normies because they don't worry about a lot of stuff though, sure everybody has problems but normies don't have anxiety over the way they walk, if they said hello properly, calling people, driving, really basic shit
>>
File: tuna professional.jpg (327KB, 1941x2048px) Image search: [Google]
tuna professional.jpg
327KB, 1941x2048px
>>35709791
fuck me, I do this.

>>35709940
I just think I must be easy to laugh at because I'm so clearly disabled with my service dog and headphones and Velcro shoes and sleeves that go far past my wrist. pic related is service pup. he is still in training and I am gonna teach him how to get me a drink of water from the fridge.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>35709921
Oh, that's because non-autismo people actually don't want to engage in an actual conversation, they just want to produce noise in order to not feel awkward. They are actually intellectually unable to hold much of a conversation. I've given myself the time to question some rather neurotypical people on their inner workings and lol, there's just nothing there. There's no self-analysis or even questioning. It's kinda sad, but you know, most of them are actually kinda smart? They're just more adapted to behaving like one of the drones and so they literally have 70% of themselves killed off. Then they get old and become really good at being themselves and conversation again.

Just try to remember to talk about shit stuff.
>>
>>35709940
the secret of normies is they do tons of cringy shit but don't give it any thought. For example, at university many normies just go to their classes in pajamas and didn't shower.
>>
>>35709994
>>35709955
Yes, it's like being stuck in a really bad movie in which you're actually the only sane individual in the room but somehow you're the one being singled out.
>>
>>35709953
>Oh I can sympathise, I just don't talk much because I know people don't want to hear my rambling about whatever things I'm into.

I understand this. Too bad it's extremely unlikely I'll ever find a female who shares my autistic interests. At least there are plenty of forums for autistic guys with any interest one can imagine.
>>
>>35709990
Service pup looks adorable. I have a cat, he keeps me feeling connected, I love animals. They're nice and quiet and generally fun. I think you may have a point? Maybe they are laughing at you, but, on the other hand, they likely don't give it a second thought, they just do it at that point because they're idiots and then they forget about it soon after. They're literally just acting out a sorts of social standing animal-like behavior, in which laughing at the disabled individual establishes them as superior and that action makes the group as a whole feel better and stronger.
>>
>>35709405
Please be my autistic girlfriend.
I'm not gonna bully you.
>>
>>35710040
I would feel self conscious if I went to the zoo and a spider monkey looked at me suspiciously to be fair.

Yeah, I feel connected to animals. They always have pure intentions and they never judge you. They just unconditionally support them and expect nothing in return. I never want kids, they turn into normies. I only want pets.
>>
>>35705433
It's not a disease.
Disease implies that there is a vector of infection.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.