[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /r9k/. I have thought a lot about my future, and I ended

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: japan-2013-day-1.jpg (521KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
japan-2013-day-1.jpg
521KB, 900x675px
Hello /r9k/.

I have thought a lot about my future, and I ended the train of thought wanting to live in Japan. Call me a weeb or whatever, but I honestly am very interested in Japan, their culture, their nature and so on. Also, I'm so fucking dead inside and I want to escape this hole.

My question is: How would one go about to live in Japan? What are the most common ways/viable ways to do it? And also, what should I think about?

I would be very thankful if some people knowledgeable on this topic could answer this question.
>>
>>35692244

I would like to know the same, the difference is im more into China or other asian country. Japan and S. Korea are really expensive and that puts me off.
>>
File: 1487960903510.jpg (103KB, 750x861px) Image search: [Google]
1487960903510.jpg
103KB, 750x861px
>>35692244
Sup OP. I live here in Japan. Osaka, to be specific. I've been living here for almost 6 years now. Was forced to move here when I was 16.

>How would one go about to live in Japan?
Well, you could either impregnate/marry a native japanese and gain permanent citizenship. Or you could get hired for some company which ships to Japan. It depends on your work experience.

You can also become an english teacher, but I've heard of tests you have to take, but the qualifications aren't much, though. I don't even think you need a bachelor's degree in order to become an english teacher.

There are english "cafes" here that hire foreigners to take to nihonjin, but hey pay shit.

If you've been living here for over 5 years, you can take some test to become an actual japanese citizen. I never took the test, though and I don't need to.
>>
>>35692354

No Op here, but i would like to ask, is the japanese economy too fucked?. I have been thinking about korea, japan or china and most of the people i talk about tell me to be an english teacher in china because is more cheap
>>
>>35692423
>is the japanese economy too fucked?
Not that I know of. I heard in the 80s, Japan went through some economic depression, but currently it seems to be going strong.

There's dilapidated areas and homeless people in certain areas too, yeah, but the economy seems fine. I only had a hard time finding employment because I'm a high school dropout.

Japan is very expensive, though. Especially Tokyo, which is more expensive than here in the kansai region
>>
>>35692423
>is the japanese economy too fucked
The reason why people say this is more for things happening on a macro scale - the population is shrinking, the national debt is increasing.

On an individual level, the Japanese economy is great especially for foreigners looking for work. The unemployment rate is very low, like 3%, and if you are skilled finding a job will be very easy
>>
>>35692244
>I'm so fucking dead inside and I want to escape this hole.
And how is moving to nipland gonna change that, OP?
>>
>>35692729
>And how is moving to nipland gonna change that, OP?
change of pace can be good for some people
>>
>>35692789
Does that really require moving to a foreign country that you've never been to?
>>
>>35692244
There is something in Japan that makes me feel I am away from everything that can bother me. It's the traditional architecture and the fauna and flora don't give a shit about meme weeb shits.

But people have to work and so on to live there.
>>
>>35692244
Leaving culture aside you can get a similar village aesthetic like that in almost any European nation, and the language will be easier for you to learn (as long as you stay away from Slavic and Finno-Ugric ones) plus you'll look similar to the people around you which does go a long way towards having people accept you.
>>
>>35692354
Is Osaka more of a countryside cozy rural area when compared to Tokyo?
>>
>>35692807
>Does that really require moving to a foreign country that you've never been to?
well it doesn't require anything. A change of pace could be as simple as exercising in the morning I suppose. But moving to Japan is definitely A change of pace.

and at the end of the day, you have one life in this world, you might as well do what you want with it. Life will be fundamentally the same in any developed country. OP is not gonna be homeless or starving. So if he beleives he can find a place for himself in Japan I think it would be a great idea to go find it
>>
>>35692895
You're literally fucking retarded, mongoloid moron.
>>
>>35692924
Not the anon you're asking but Osaka is a major metropolitan area. It isn't rural at all. If tokyo is new york, osaka would be chicago
>>
>>35692950
Why? The point is there are quaint little rural places in the world where you'd actually have a chance to fit in. You'll never get along with anyone in the Japanese countryside, they don't want some starry eyed foreigner wandering around trying to fuck their daughters.
>>
>>35693001
You will never fit into a community like that even if you're from two towns over, that was my point. You actually get bonus points for being an exotic "tourist" person.
>>
File: 1415482337002.png (160KB, 760x600px) Image search: [Google]
1415482337002.png
160KB, 760x600px
>>35692882
You can't run away from yourself :^)
So I lived in Japan 2 years. I had a foreign semester in Australia and met my current fiance there. She is Japanese, long story short: she talked me into living in Japan I was there 2 years. Not too bad but in my opinion not too good either. In the end I could not really handle Japan and specially the language. So we moved to Germany. Home sweet home. She is better at learning languages and adapting to new environment. So now we are together for 4 years. 3 years in Germany all goes well. But I guess through marriage sure would be the 'easiest' way. Good luck op and solve your personal issues.
>>
>>35693041
Not true at all. There is far less of a cultural disconnect between someone from say, Australia moving to the English countryside than that same Australian moving to the Japanese countryside. Way easier to be accepted by the locals if you share a base culture, can more easily adopt their language, look like them, etc.

>You actually get bonus points for being an exotic "tourist" persom
Maybe if you were actually a tourist. Try to move there permanently and you will experience nothing but resentment.
>>
>>35693075
4 years outside of jpn.
Misleading here abit
>>
>>35693107
>Way easier to be accepted by the locals if you share a base culture, can more easily adopt their language, look like them, etc.

You're a clueless idiot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism_of_small_differences
>>
>>35693154
Hey look, I can do that too!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia
>>
>>35693075
I don't understand how moving out of a country that celebrates and enjoys it's own culture to a country that's actively trying to eradicate it's own and displace it's population as a good thing.
>>
>>35693268
See, I live in a relatively small city in the very south in Germany. It's all pretty good here still. Sure in the heat of the crisis there were about 50 refugees. But now there are only 3 families left to stay and they are Christian. In my opinion things are going quite okay in Bavaria. Sure in Berlin or cologne might happen terrible things but those city's have been shitty always. That's like comparing NY anti trump marches and rallies with countryside Texas. I guess... never been to the states yet.
>>
>>35692244
Moving to Japan was the best decision of my life

if you see your future here then don't hesitate a moment longer
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.