[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have therapy for the first time in a few hours, robots, an

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: 1470767812236.gif (936KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1470767812236.gif
936KB, 500x281px
I have therapy for the first time in a few hours, robots, and I feel like my chest is about to explode. Can we just hang out in here for awhile?

Here's a song I like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=510keKHT1fs
>>
Good luck anon. I never liked therapy, I hope it goes well for you.

Here's a song I like
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z-hwt2Q0j_U
>>
>>35691134

Chill, my dude. You'll just be explaining your situation on the first day. It's pretty nice.
>>
I am in pretty much same situation, I have appointment in next week.

I don't even know why I'm going, I most likely can't even tell him what is wrong with me since I don't know myself.
>>
>>35691134
I had that incredible nervous feeling last night, not due to therapy but for other reason, couldn't relax at all..
>>
I wonder if any European ever had therapy.
>>
File: 1343199885690.png (4KB, 142x99px) Image search: [Google]
1343199885690.png
4KB, 142x99px
>>35691134
It's good that you're going and I hope it goes well for you. Thanks for posting this song, it's really comfy.

Here's one that I like: https://youtu.be/-L7IdUqaZxo

I hope your therapy appointment goes well, I'm sure you'll feel less nervous afterwards.
>>
>>35691172
>>35691177
I used to see a psychologist and I hated it. What precisely happens in a routine therapist appointment?
>>
>>35691329
You start to slow it down. And start doing things that will help you. Rather than sitting in a shitty room being interrogated by a psychologist. Atleast that's how it was for me, I get adigtated easy so I stopped going.
>>
File: 1469430622422.png (321KB, 634x618px) Image search: [Google]
1469430622422.png
321KB, 634x618px
>>35691222
I stay up too late when I'm nervous because I'm afraid to wake up. That's a lot of nights for me, actually.
>>
>>35691416
I'm somewhere between you, I don't want to sleep since then you have to face reality. As time get closer to my "bedtime" it only get worse. I can't relax and feel really nervous and stressed about my spare time left.

I love the song 4am, have had it on reapeat, thanks!
>>
>>35691329

I talked about my week, what my issues had been that week. How they affected me, and how I could fix them.
So we talked about generally whatever came up and how it affected me.

After a while, with her help, I formed an action plan and I acted on it.

It gave me hope and it did feel nice that someone was willing to listen and help. Even if I had to pay them.
In the end, though, I had to go on SSRIs to help control the negative emotions, but I'm off them now with no side effects.
A combination of therapy and drugs was what helped me.
>>
File: 1477358348480.jpg (40KB, 478x483px) Image search: [Google]
1477358348480.jpg
40KB, 478x483px
I'm just really disgusted and hateful of myself and feel embarrassed that I feel so depressed and anxious and can hardly leave my house.
>>
File: 1441339020264.jpg (220KB, 1290x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1441339020264.jpg
220KB, 1290x1160px
>>35691988
Maybe talking to someone will help you feel better.
>>
File: 1469969236107.jpg (96KB, 460x716px) Image search: [Google]
1469969236107.jpg
96KB, 460x716px
>>35691988
That sounds better than feeling down and depressed but I don't even know why. I have no reason to, I just can't go to school, I have pains all over my body which most likely are not even real, I just imagine them.

Hope you therapy goes well. What are you going to talk about there?
>>
First day of therapy is nothing to be concerned about. All it is is answering pretty specific questions the therapist needs to know so they can figure out with you how they want to proceed in future.

I've been asked more awkward questions by border customs people than my therapist asked first time i went.
>>
File: 1478777671913.jpg (489KB, 1600x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1478777671913.jpg
489KB, 1600x2000px
>>35692178
I dunno I really really hate just outright talking about myself. Even uttering words like "I'm depressed" or "I have anxiety" make me want to puke, but I don't mind answering yes or no questions that reach the same conclusion as me just saying "I'm depressed".

It's just a really weird disconnect I have maybe because if I don't actually outright say it I can still pretend I'm alright.

I feel lots of weird things and indescribable emotions I don't know why.
>>
>>35692327

They generally don't want to hear psych terms like 'depression' and 'anxiety' from you. If you say those, they will respond by asking along the lines of what exactly do you mean specifically, and so ask, have you lost interest in your normal daily activities, how much do you sleep, do you have difficulty sleeping, eating, have you lost or gained weight recently, and so on. They're good at getting the information they need out of you without you necessarily having to be very good at volunteering information.

I was nervous as hell first time but when it was over I kinda thought to myself 'that's it?' It was not difficult.
>>
File: animetyttö makoilee lattialla.png (822KB, 865x836px) Image search: [Google]
animetyttö makoilee lattialla.png
822KB, 865x836px
>>35692327
>I feel lots of weird things and indescribable emotions I don't know why.

Literally me.
>>
I've been thinking about therapy or seeing a psych for a while but I'm always too scared to go. I also hate the idea of being interrogated and analyzed it makes me extremely uncomfortable. Anyone here felt the same way and went? How'd it go?
>>
>>35692631

>be 27
>want to die
>give myself ultimatum that i will either kill myself right now or get help
>went to regular doctor
>tell them i have problems with depression/anxiety. help.
>get sent for blood tests to rule out physical explanations
>get referral to psychiatrist
>doctor starts me on antidepressants because i asked to try them
>wait a few months because socialized healthcare triage system (i could have skipped this if i told them it was urgent)
>psychiatrist does initial assessment
>refers me for neuropsych testing to clarify diagnosis
>do neuropsych testing (about 8 hours over two sessions)
>turns out i have autism, OCD, and dysthymia (formerly known as depressive personality disorder)
>do about a year of cognitive behavioural therapy for the OCD stuff
>OCD stuff was the most pressing issue
>meds start to work
>i start to feel okay. functional.
>stop doing the CBT but continue with meds

It was okay. CBT was hard because the whole point of CBT is to gradually make you able to deal with the things that make you lose your fucking mind. Develop defense mechanisms for that.

I don't regret doing any of it. It helped.
>>
>>35692805
I went to a psychiatrist and got on antidepressants half a year ago. They helped me become much more functional but lately I've been falling back into old habits and I don't know what to do desu.
>>
I'm seeing a therapist and she's great. Old lady who dealt with fucking war zone refugees way back and shit like that.

I know what my problem is now to the point where I can work on it.
>>
File: 1469031732383.jpg (274KB, 1433x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1469031732383.jpg
274KB, 1433x1012px
Okay I have to leave soon for my appointment thank you to everyone who posted.
>>
>>35693719
ganbatte anon hope it goes well
>>
man, chill out
you don't even need to speak or do anything during a therapy
just sit on the sofa and relax nobody will say anything
>>
>>35691134
Good taste desu
>>35691172
>>35691300
Trash
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.