[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What separates the extremely smart from us lowly plebs? >pic

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9

File: princeton grad CV.png (103KB, 500x802px) Image search: [Google]
princeton grad CV.png
103KB, 500x802px
What separates the extremely smart from us lowly plebs?

>pic related

Look at that CV and compare your own to it. I only know of one person like her in my life and he has fun, but when he works he works like a dog.

I just don't get how they can work so hard without slacking off. I procrastinate and get side tracked all the damn time, whereas they can just seem to get on with work.
>>
Funny you mention her. I've actually gone to see her talk, brilliant woman that I'd do anything to be with, or at least be like.

I"m not nearly as accomplished, but it really doesn't take much for us to stand out from the lowly plebs, you don't even have to try and work hard. Looking at things from a novel approach, like Corina being a mathemetician turned biologist after examining the spatial relationships of termite mounds or social behavior in bacteria. I mostly depend on inspiration though. I read all the fucking time and keep lots of projects going. When one thing gets slow I put it on the backburner and try something else for a while. Sooner or later inspiration will strike.

If you get sidetracked you must have something you like. Maybe you should be doing that instead.
>>
>>35682902
whats funny is my iq is probably on par with hers. just because someone is an overachiever doesnt mean their any better.
>>
>>35683047
>le smart but lazy meme

You're a high school dropout NEET, right?
>>
>>35683047
I'm willing to bet her IQ is in the 140 range. Can you really, truthfully say yours is on par with that?
>>
>>35683094

Smart but lazy just means they get straight A's without trying. I don't know why this triggers you normie fucks so badly. Some people are just smarter than you.
>>
>>35683122
>tfw got As without trying
>get 70%at uni without trying
>feel like a retard
>>
>>35683122
You sound buttmad. You dropped out of high school because you're too smart for it?
>>
I'm willington bet she's actually not as smart as me.
>>
>>35683122
High school and uni are two entirely different worlds. You won't get good grades or even pass courses at a uni without working for it.
>>
It's called an easy life. You'd be amazed how little these people actually have to worry about anything, because from birth they had money, lived in a good neighborhood, their parents paid for them to go to good schools and get extra lessons, etc. There are literally no ugly doctors, and nobody thinks anything of it. The more impressive thing is if you actually meet anyone at an MS or higher level that is functional and has a personality beyond being a normie culture perpetuating cunt with no hobbies or interests other than their work, which they often regret. It's extremely rare in my experience.

Opportunity is usually the second most important thing after having a stupidly fucking easy life. My life hasn't been easy, but for my senior EE project I've been building a radio-frequency plaque ablator. Look it up. None has been brought to market, and it could literally revolutionize atherosclerotic care. Only 4 people on this project out of over 100 EE students, and me and the other three, my projectmates are fucking mongrels that haven't done jack shit for the project. I have literally put 8 hour straight into the project twice, while if someone else is tasked with something they take more than a week and fuck it up. It's our spring break and I'll probably be the only one to work on it, while the Stacy who has done literally nothing is on vacation.
>>
>>35683190
M8, I'm currently acing med without the slightest effort. Nor did I work to get into it, I literally entered med school because my highschool marks were high enough and I couldn't think of anything better to do after my gap year.

That said, I'm not deluded enough to think I'm anywhere close to the same level as Tarnita or Terry Tao
>>
>>35683190
More than half my class was caught cheating junior year, and we had graduates cheating on a midterm in a 400/500 class. Uni is a fucking joke.
>>
>>35683233
This so much. Same with friends. People with loads of friends easily find new ones.
>>
>>35683241
I hope you will never operate me or my family members.
>>
>>35683251
Not every uni is as shit as yours.
>>
>>35682902
Damn just imagine how great it would be if she actually studied something worthwhile like philosophy. Too bad she is wasting her intellect on STEM.
>>
>>35683233
You are one bitter individual. No, you are not a special snowflake, people other than you have worked hard as well.
>>
>>35683287
>>35683282
>buttblasted normalfags can't handle that their "achievements" were just an easy life
>>
>>35683177

I never went to highschool in the first place. Why bother when uni is what matters? Homeschool assburg master race.

>>35683190

That's not true. I went on scholarship and didn't have to work for it. Uni is where people found out if they're really smart but lazy. From my understanding everyone gets straight A's in high school just for spelling their name correctly. There were some courses I had to read the textbook in, but that's a given. I didn't take notes or even go to most lectures though. Just read the textbook and if you're smart but lazy the rest will fall into place.
>>
>>35683233
She was born in a shit country. That is raw determination and being better than others from birth. You don't accidentally wake up with a PhD in mathematics from fucking Harvard.
>>
>>35683309
>I didn't take notes or even go to most lectures though. Just read the textbook and if you're smart but lazy the rest will fall into place.

If you're smart but lazy, you'd go to the lectures and only read the bits in the books they talk about. It would save you lots of unnecessary reading.
>>
>>35683233
Privilege (for lack of a better word), is 100% an important factor, but I've met many people with easy lives and supportive parents who don't do anything special.

The people I know who are doing special things work pretty fucking hard. They don't just do impressive things, they do a LOT of them, they don't seem to stop.

It's tempting to try to get one over them due to their privilege and opportunity, but don't delude yourself into thinking that desire, hard work, focus and intelligence play into it.
>>
>>35683309
What do you have to show for your intelligence? People who are actually intelligent have achievements. Fapping to animu is not one.
>>
>>35682902

To be fair the top part of that isn't remotely as impressive as the bottom part (which is just flat out insane).

In the UK there's schools which literally send half their class to the UK equivalent of Harvard. Bottom part though, they're just a flat out genius
>>
>>35683047

who gives a shit about raw iq. if she has the ability to utilise it and achieve more than you, she is better than you.
>>
>>35682902
Meh, I'll still be called to peer review her shit.... Maybe I'll suggest rejection. And I have a bachelor's of arts.
>>
>>35683347

Lecture takes too long, maybe I'm a super duper fast reader though. With the syllabus I can read the parts they talk about without having to listen to them talk about it.

>>35683366

You mean besides my IQ, transcripts, and investment portfolio? People who are actually intelligent are actually intelligent. Fapping to animu is good achievement though. It brings me to orgasm every time.
Are you such a failure you can't even do that? How do you expect to ever amount to anything?
>>
File: anxious.png (90KB, 241x228px) Image search: [Google]
anxious.png
90KB, 241x228px
>>35683347
THIS

it's easier to just adsorb the lectures if you want to actually pass and be lazy
>>
>>35683412
kek, mad brainlet detected. Have you tried not being stupid?
>>
File: t3_5xy0jj.png (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5xy0jj.png
1MB, 1360x768px
I have a 120 IQ (from a test proctored by a psychiatrist using the modern weighting forumla when you see 140 IQs on 4chan it's the old formula on a shitty website) and I'm really good at music and I feel like I've dug out a lot of its secrets.

but I hate myself and sleep alll the time
>>
>>35683438
>muh IQ

So you have nothing to show for your intellect.
>>
>>35682902
you realize that the most successful people in the world have cvs that dont reach half that shit right?
success isnt about stupid awards,those go to the cunt sucking up to people anyways
>>
>>35683233
>My life hasn't been easy, but for my senior EE project I've been building a radio-frequency plaque ablator. Look it up. None has been brought to market, and it could literally revolutionize atherosclerotic care.
Am I right in understanding that it somehow uses radio waves to dislodge the buildup in people's heart arteries?

That would be pretty amazing to think if you're successful. I bet those cunts are going to steal all the credit for it too.
>>
>>35683469

Iktf
Psych confirmed 139 iq, yet not good at anything in particular, suicidally depressed and waste away every day.
>>
>>35683539
My man, 136 here.
>Tfw just finished highschool and got myself into a dead end office job cause being forced to learn shit you'll never use is retarded.

To be fair, I don't think anyone takes IQ seriously nowadays, I consider myself dumb as a bag of dumb rocks and failed math a few times.
>>
>>35683233
Your project to "revolutionize" atheroscleortic care is a complete waste of time. There is already a method of fixing it. And it doesn't require a fucking machine to do it.
>>
>>35683482
Yes. Not the anon you replied to. But high IQ is like being born/developed with a high base strength or high attractiveness, it only shows potential. Potential which may qell be denied by the other risk factors of high iq; depression, autism and such.
>>
>>35683527
Not radio waves, just radio frequency electrical stimulation, as in, direct electrodes passing electricity into the surrounding plaque. Currently all they can do is space out arteries or graft new ones. They've had a few machines which either by heat (electricity) or by cold (chemical) cause the plaque to compactify or something, so there's more space, but ablation is truly the way to remove the plaque. The company who tasked this project listed some competition on their marketing slides. One company had been purchased, not once, but TWICE and no product exists, and another made a product, but has never improved it, and it isn't available for sale or RESEARCH in the U.S. kek

>mfw this project could LITERALLY set me up for the rest of my FUCKING LIFE and my groupmates are just fucking around
>>
>>35683573

I fell for the college meme instead, dropped out of physics and will drop outta what im doing now prolly.

Thank God i have 2 older brothers so I'm not the hope of the family.
>>
>>35683190
except that's just not true
>>
>>35683591
Good luck artery plaque anon!
>>
>>35683591
>>35683619
He's wasting his time. Arterial plaque can be fixed with diet. It's not as big as he thinks it is. He's just allowing shitty people to live longer, shittier lives with no effort.
>>
>>35683638

AND THAT'S PRECISELY WHERE THE MONEY IS
>>
>>35682902
Impressive, sure. Then, there are people who finished HS only and are much more famous, influential and much more rich, as well as successful and some of them even done more to the world.

And here I am doing exactly same what you did - hand picking.

There are people who work much harder or as hard as her, millions of them, especially where culture demands it, like in a lot of Asian countries and they get nowhere.

It's not just about your IQ either. You can have 0.1% population IQ (end of the spectrum) and if you were born in a shit country, you won't get to do much or achieve much.

Then, there are people who have CV's like her and can't land a job.

Success, which itself is hard to define is based on so many fucking factors and luck to boot that it isn't even worth discussing it or feeling bad about it.

There are people who are almost retarded, yet they are fuck-all rich or fuck-all famous, if not both out there and there's much more of those than there is of the likes of her.

I'd say she had it quite bad, for the amount of work, time and effort + natural abilities put in to achieve so little in comparison with many.
>>
he somehow really gets into it, I guess, the same way we get into video games

he is a Chad and everyone is supportive of him in every thing he does while people either reject us for the slightest flaw thereby denying us an opportunity to learn or improve or they get jealous of any success and exploit/plagiarize from us and try to downplay it
>>
>>35683658
So all you care about is money and not making the world better.
>>
>>35683699

If you have money you can improve the world far more effectively.
>>
>>35683699
>>35683638
Arterial plaque literally cannot be fixed by diet and exercise. Once it's there, it's there, and at least half of all people with atherosclerosis have it because of natural cholesterol production, not diet. It's actually funny when body builders and marathon runners die from clogged arteries.
>>
>>35683762
Wrong. They both an extremely fatty diet, especially bodybuilders, which is high in cholesterol because of this meme that cholesterol increases testosterone production. It doesn't. Go read some cardiology studies.

>>35683704
Oh yes. The "I SWEAR I'LL USE THE MONEY FOR GOOD!" lie. Top notch mate.
>>
>>35683762
I should add that I said nothing about exercise. Only diet. Diet helps. Exercise is iffy, I haven't read any study that claims exercise helped. Maybe I glossed over it. It's irrelevant though.
>>
>>35683846

Wtf do you want me to do, i can't help anyone if i dont have enough money to at least survive
>>
>>35683871
Hmm. The False Dichotomy.
>If I don't make millions of dollars and set my self up for life I can't possibly survive!

Dude. I don't honestly care. But I'd respect what did, just a little, if you were just honest about what you were doing: Seeking to get rich while promoting shitty lifestyle and diet choices in others. This wouldn't even take into account for compounding factors such as the increased cost on the public for having to support and increasingly surviving and thus aging population.

Just admit it's selfish.
>>
>>35683115
IQ is one of two factors and commitment is the other. Drive towards your goals is more important than intelligence from what I know.

I'm saying this as a lifetime procrastinator/college dropout due to mental bullshit who took a psychologist administered IQ test and got a score of 138 a while back.
>>
File: image.png (72KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
72KB, 1366x768px
>>35683115
yes i can prove it to it.

>>35683094
yes but i'm actually looking for a job then i have a plan to become wealthy and independent financially.
>>
File: image.jpg (209KB, 800x662px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209KB, 800x662px
>>35682902
>tfw you want to become a scientist that will do something great and memorable that would majorly benefit humanity
>tfw even if you did manage to become a scientist you'd very very likely be entirely unknown and you'd do nothing meaningful
My jealously of these people is indescribable.
>>
>>35684015
sorry but the only way you'll be known if you have billions and literally finance the research like elon musk, steve jobs, whoever have you. they're the ones that finance and basically mastermind it while the engineers are the ones that do all the science behind it.

so if you want to change hte world and me rembered for changing it best bet is to get billions of dollars then hire the people.
>>
>>35683901

Im not artery plaque anon
I'm just a waste of life who wont even get rich in the first place, and i have no skills to help others.
>>
>>35684032
Lets not pretend here. Nobody is going to remember jobs in 50 years. Nobody will remember Musk in probably the same amount of time, even if he's still alive. People don't have that kind of memory. Nobody cares. Nobody is going to thank you.

>>35684064
Why do you want to be rich anyway? Just focus on being happy.
>>
>>35683901
You are probably the saltiest cunt on this god forsaken board right now, get the sand out of your vagina and go eat some more granola you cuck.
>>
>>35684032
Well you can change the world practically and still be very famous, Albert Einstein for example, the reason I want to be remembered isn't nassercism either, I assume when I die everything my consciousness is gone, lost forever, it would be nice to "live on" in history though, and to do something that would cause ripples in history centuries after even if people weren't to remember me, I don't want to just slip into the void unnoticed.

Sometimes I wish I grew up religious or stupid so I wouldn't have to deal with an existential crisis almost every time I go to bed, nothing scares me more than death where the illusion of consciousness pings out of existence.
>>
>>35684130
>When you trigger a stranger so hard they start listing the most offensive things they can think of
lmfao loser
>>
>>35682902
Intelligence and the personality traits that enable one to do stuff like this are mostly genetic. You'll never be as good as someone who is naturally gifted. We liked to pretend that everybody is equal but it's not true in the slightest.
>>
>>35684137
Have children you idiot. That is the point of children. Not some pipedream. You are narcissistic.
>>
>>35684064

Because I'm a suicidally depressed autist who'd be decently happy if i could live a comfy middle class life without any stress, responsibility or contact with other humans.
>>
>>35684190
This was supposed to be at >>35684083
>>
>>35684170
>Loser
>Shitposts on indian snake charming dating sites

Consider therapy.
>>
>>35683901
>Seeking to get rich while promoting shitty lifestyle and diet choices in others.
kek

I bet you're the guy who makes all the wagecucks BTFO threads.
>>
>>35684184
I'm narcissistic for wanting to contribute to something bigger than myself? And I'm not sure if I'm guaranteed to end up having children, I don't want to create some fuckups just so I can perpetuate my genes.
>>
>>35684207
You have issues accepting the truth lol

>>35684190
Everything you listed is possible except the responsibility or contact part.
>>
>>35684236
>When they're so triggered they start listing randoms who have also upset them

>>35684240
You didn't say you want to contribute. You said you want to "live on" after your death. Don't backpedal now.
>>
>>35684241
Here's your (you). Stay fresh
>>
>>35683901
>Seeking to get rich while promoting shitty lifestyle and diet choices in others.
Look you dense motherfucker, high cholesterol is half caused by NATURAL PRODUCTION. Literally the only way you could stop half of all heart disease is to put people from high cholesterol families on drugs for their entire life.

>This wouldn't even take into account for compounding factors such as the increased cost on the public for having to support and increasingly surviving and thus aging population.
Oh no, one nearly outpatient procedure is capable of directly reducing the cause of the number one cause of death in the developed world. How dare a patient spend a few thousands to get treated for more than a decade when currently they could spend hundred of thousands on surgery and medicine for a few years and die. What will we do with all those stupid and poor educated people who can now contribute to society for another twenty years?

Stay butthurt salty antiscientists.
>>
>>35684241
>Everything you listed is possible except the responsibility or contact part

The two most vital parts.
>>
>>35684273
>high cholesterol is half caused by NATURAL PRODUCTION
Wrong. And since I know you're going to try to stick to this point I'll just tell you to cite a study stating this right now. Find a study that shows natural cholesterol production kills people.

I have no idea what you're trying to say in your rambling second argument and I don't care to listen until you prove your point. I did catch the tail end about being productive for twenty extra years which is hilarious. Just because you live 20 more years doesn't mean you produce for those years. Retirement age in most countries is at most 65-70. That's AT BEST 10-15 years of supporting people who would have died at that cut-off point but for your intervention. Not even this dumb argument holds water.

>Antiscientist
>Doesn't actually cite science
>Just opinions
Top notch irony.

>>35684292
Work on your social problems then.
>>
>>35684259
I admit that was the motive I originally mentioned but I want it for the latter as well. I don't want to die, it is truly the end of the fucking line. My primal instinct ends up clashing with my intellectual knowledge that death is inevitable and it can honestly create this feeling of utter dread and terror; it's actually become a fairly large problem for me, when I was only eight I started having panic attacks in relation to this, I haven't had one over it in probably over a year now though actually so that's good.
>>
>>35683233
>It's called an easy life.
It's called discipline with a bit of predisposition (intelligence, talent). Don't belittle people who work hard just because you are a bitter bastard. Oh and I do know an ugly doctor, she was my high school classmate.
>>
>>35684332
You need to address your fear of death. Nobody is going to remember the scientists of today. The public doesn't care. Your name MIGHT be given to some kid learning from a textbook. He's going to forget you immediately.

The best way to be remembered in this day and age is to start a successful multi-national company, incorporate and attach your name to it and hope it doesn't merge with another company and lose its name.
>>
>>35684321
I'm trying my darndest to fix my autism (legit diagnosed, twice, independently).

The fact that I'm making zero progress hints at the possibility of fixing it not being possible, for me at least.
>>
>>35684384
It's a shame for people like you. I don't think there is any fixing or saving autists. It's a shame there isn't an in vitro method of testing for autism. A lot of unhappy lives could be avoided.
>>
>>35683342
This. Note that Corina's first awards are from mathematics olympiads. I am from Romania and these Olympiads are relatively popular at the top schools here because getting a medal at those basically gives you a free ticket to a high tier university abroad.
>>
>>35684137
>Albert Einstein
Meme much? Einstein is the definition of a meme and all scholars agree that he just stole everything he is known for.
He is basically Jew Jesus, or they sure want him to be.
>>
File: 1443474139632.jpg (10KB, 331x473px) Image search: [Google]
1443474139632.jpg
10KB, 331x473px
>>35684321
https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/000392.htm

http://www.everydayhealth.com/high-cholesterol/treatment/10-things-you-need-to-know-about-inherited-high-cholesterol/
>>
>>35683302

Can you read minds, nigger? How do you even know whether I worked hard or not?

He's right about you not being the only one working hard. It's a fact that some rise to the top purely by opportunities, but the way you put it, you really do seem to imply that you're amongst a few select special snowflake heroes who have it so hard, but work like saints. It's entirely bullshit.

I'm a machinist, I'm not even that successful in terms of my career choice considering I'm still a beginner with relative shit salary and no social advantages whatsoever, but I got there by working my ass off, getting good enough at math to do my job even though math were the reason why I dropped out of highschool in the first place and I kept doing it even when a few people tried to tell me it just wasn't for me. When some saint martyr like you comes along and tries to undermine the achievements of those who worked hard to get where they are because they didn't work and struggle hard enough for their taste, I take it somewhat personally.

I have immense respect for anyone rising on top despite all odds, so if you worked hard, it's amazing, but no, you're not special for putting sweat and blood into something that you deeply care about, as a matter of fact, it should be a norm.

It sounds like you're doing it all for nothing but validation.
>>
>>35684402

In retrospect I would have very much enjoyed being aborted.

But now I'm in this fuckin world and people expect me to go along.
Can't even cash in on the few good things, I'm a near genius level IQ autist, but the autism and other mental illnesses make me collapse as soon as any expectations are on me.
>>
>>35684447
Retard, here's a question you should ask yourself: how easily can someone else do my job. If your answer is "well they'd have to have a good spine" then your "achievement" is worthless.
>>
>>35684429
You must be dyslexic or retarded. Neither of those are studies.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3603726/

Proves my point and contains citations. Feel free to not read it and continue being a dumb ignorant smug cunt tho :^)

>>35684455
You'll just have to figure it out then. Unfortunately for you there isn't any real option to not do so.
>>
>>35684429
http://www.atherosclerosis-journal.com/article/0021-9150(92)90158-D/abstract

Forgot to add this as well.
>>
>>35684377
Yeah I know but I'm not a sociopath or anything so I don't think business is he way to go, I've been hoping since my massive fear of death began that I'd get over it before I reach my time, maybe that I'd be content by then.

Alright it's 2:00 where I am and I have to be up by 7:30 so I really better go to bed now, this was a good conversation, don't get enough of that on /r9k/. Feel free to leave a reply because I'll read it tomorrow.

>>35684423
Well he was a good example because he's well known and will probably be rembered for centuries to come, I guess long after that considering how well history is documented now.
>>
>>35684471
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4576143/

>Proves my point
Your paper literally has nothing on the epidemiology of high cholesterol, except what increases risk.
>>
>>35684495
Goodnight anon. I hope you figure out what makes you happy.
>>
File: 1481278691522.jpg (94KB, 345x396px) Image search: [Google]
1481278691522.jpg
94KB, 345x396px
>>35684491
wew lad that's a good one
>>
>>35684469

It's as I said, validation. You only care if you have something to compare yourself to others with.

Of fucking course there are machinists out there who are far better than me, many who fidn't break a sweat learning the craft. Yeah that's real life in which hard workers can die with nothing and lazy retards can die on a fucking bed of golden roses, you think I'm naive?

But if I had spent my time comparing myself to those natural talent students back when I was in school, I'd have dropped out. Instead I drew inspiration form them and sought them out for help.

Of course I'll never be THE best there is, I'll probably never reach the level of an aerodynamic machinist, but I'll try, I'll learn the old fashion way of experimenting, working and reading theory until it gets stuck to my brain. I don't care that I'm not as smart as others, I'll be as smart as I can be and I'll do it for myself, not for the approval of underachieving NEETS on a russian roulette billboard.

I honestly don't know how you can do it if the only reason you do it is recognition.
>>
>>35684570
Why are you doing it if you're only going to be shit? You sound like those retards that literally shit on a canvas and call it art. Be the best at something. Try it sometime, you'd see it's actually far more worthwhile than just having life hand you the easy stick and call it a day. There's a saying "it's better to aim for the stars and miss instead of aiming for a pile of shit and hitting it"
>>
>>35684543
>>35684561
We're talking about atherosclerosis you idiot. Which is caused by high LDL particles. Which is stated in the second study and examined in the first article.

Why are you so dumb? Like honestly, why?
>>
>>35684614
You said high natural LDL has no problems.

>>35684321
>Wrong. And since I know you're going to try to stick to this point I'll just tell you to cite a study stating this right now. Find a study that shows natural cholesterol production kills people.
Turns out according to >>35684491 natural production is not only a risk factor, it is a NECESSITY for any other contributors to heart disease.

You can't get more wrong than 100% of environmental risk factors being based on having naturally high cholesterol.
>>
>>35684659
What the fuck are you even saying at this point? You're so obsessed with natural cholesterol. I've already said that excess LDL from dietary sources if the ONLY causative factor in getting atherosclerosis. Your body causing its own death by creating plaques is evolutionary retardation.

My sources back my claim. You have no sources. You are a dumb person and I'm not replying to you again.
>>
>>35682902
I am extremely smart, like autist tier intelligence without actually being too autistic. My home life was shit and I went to some of the worst schools in the country, I was a bit of a social outcast (although I always had some friends most people didn't like me) and growing up in this environment left me angry and unmotivated during my developmental years.

Now I am stuck in menial labour jobs unable to afford to study and with no real desire to anyway. Myself and others like me were traumatized by our shallow, narcissistic culture, left bitter and cynical and angry at the world, and if we manage to overcome that then it is too late to make anything of ourselves.
>>
>>35684602

We're aiming for the same thing, we just have a different perspective.

It's just that I don't feel in competition with others and I have zero desire to be recognized for my talents or to make a difference in the world. If I aim to be the best I can be, I do it for myself and at my own pace. I just don't let how I compare to others influence my perception of lufe and wellbeing since I aim for other things than academic success to define my happiness. I often forget that I'm on r9k so I wouldn't blame you for not being much of a social type, but what fascinates me is the connections that I have with people and how different relationships, both good and bad, help me mature as a person, what kind of ossues I fix, what kind of new issues and insecurities arise from the journey to challenge me. Everything else outside of this is superficial and meant for me to explore my potential.

I'm more about the challenge itself and overcoming it than having reached the goal and sitting on my laurels. I would kill myself if I had no more challenge. No matter how high I reach on the mountain, it's never enough.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.