[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw I forgot my dad's birthday was on the 18th He's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

>tfw I forgot my dad's birthday was on the 18th
He's supported my neet life for a year by letting me live at home for free and I can't even bother to remember his birthday. What do I robots? Is it too late to try and get him something nice?
>>
>>35679404
Yes get him something nice dude

I bet he'll appreciate it
>>
>>35679404
My dad's birthday was today.
Believe it or not he's 90 y/o now and has a good health for his age.

Of course it is not late to celebrate his birthday, go and visit him, buy him a piece of cake or at least a hostess cup cake with a tiny candle on it.

These are the moments that we appreacite on our deadbeds, he will apreaciate it.
>>
File: 1478218620437.jpg (27KB, 398x300px) Image search: [Google]
1478218620437.jpg
27KB, 398x300px
>my birthday was on the 18th

i am father
son i am disappoint
>>
File: 1489903346057.png (504KB, 754x520px) Image search: [Google]
1489903346057.png
504KB, 754x520px
Buy him something extra nice to make up for it, then when you give it to him claim that you ordered it online and they shipped it late.

A nice surprise and his feelings won't be hurt.
>>
File: 1489883207644.jpg (130KB, 832x690px) Image search: [Google]
1489883207644.jpg
130KB, 832x690px
invite him food
drink a beer with him
talk about his life and your life
tell him the exact words of this thread
and gift him something good like a watch or something personal that remind him that you are his son and that you care about him.
>>
>>35679465
>>35679486
>>35679544
>>35679569
I won't have the money to get him anything until this weekend so should I wait until then to tell him happy birthday or should I apologize tomorrow and tell him that we'll do something this weekend?
>>
>>35679404
>What do I robots?

Buy him a present and make it nice.

>Is it too late to try and get him something nice?

No. Be apologetic and honest. "Hey, Dad. Sorry for the lateness of your gift. Thank you for supporting me."

If he's not an ass, he'll appreciate that you took the time to buy him something.
>>
>>35679737
Save up the money for something nice you can get as soon as possible, invite him over for a drink and possibly a meal without mentioning his birthday, when he walks through the door say happy birthday, apologise for being late and give him something that could have sentimental value to him. Trust me, he obviously cares about you and won't care if you spend $20 or $200 on the gift, so long as it's heartfelt and he gets to have a good afternoon or few hours chatting with you.

I've been pretty down for most of this year, so when I snapped and had a childish breakdown my dad was happy to spend an hour or two talking to me and calming me down. He got diagnosed with cancer recently, so we're both aware that the time we have now could be incredibly important and that it's good to just focus on the good times so that he can get through it all. He has a good chance of surviving until at least a few years from now, but there's always the chance that something happens to you or your dad, and then that's it. Please, treasure the joy you can share with him and let him know that you love him - that's all he wants, to be a good father to you. Sure, he might get pissed when he catches you smoking weed or you scrathc his car or you drink his beer, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. Feels is all that matters.
>>
>>35679953
Fuck man. I was always shitty to my father when I was younger, and now k just don't spend much time with him. That hit pretty hard.
>>
>>35679404
Suck him off if dubs
>>
>>35680031
Is he a good person? Did he actually try to be a decent loving father or was he not what he should have been.

If it was the former, maybe now you can begin to make amends very slowly. If the latter, then don't worry about it.
>>
>>35680237
Nah, he was a great dad. Bent over backwards to do stuff with me and the family. It was just me being a childish piece of shit. Still, thanks for the kind words anon.
>>
>>35679737
Just explain you have no money until the weekend and that you'll buy him a present then. It doesn't have to be something expensive just get him a nice card and write something heartfelt in it. A small thoughtful present will do you can even just take him for lunch. Good luck buddy and have fun with your dad.
>>
>>35679737
dont even explain, get him somthing nice when you have the money, and just say after you hadnt fogot it would be a nice suprise especialy if he thought you forgot, to have a little prezzy after his bday aswell
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.