[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies have a tendency to blame the child on being dysfunctional

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 19

File: 1472481621356.jpg (23KB, 272x347px) Image search: [Google]
1472481621356.jpg
23KB, 272x347px
Why do normies have a tendency to blame the child on being dysfunctional rather than the shitty parents that caused that child to be dysfunctional?

I've noticed this trend here too "your parents must be so disappointed" "I feel bad for your parents etc"

Is there some kind of taboo around calling out shitty parents?

sure it's possible that the parents were great and the kid fucked everything up himself but a majority of a time it is the parents fault.
>>
Because loads of people have shitty or overbearing parents and still get over it and move on.

Robots are like the kids that never clicked that it was bullshit and rebelled.
>>
>>35679340
Why blame the parents? What made the parents dysfunctional?

Blame is stupid in general. Just fix the problem, don't try to pin it on somebody.
>>
The parents were capable of having sex with another person.
The child is not.

That is all that matters to normies, social status. They don't consider cause and effect.
>>
>celebrity dies of drug abuse
>"oh no! we lost another shining star! you will be remembered forever!"
>homeless man dies in the park of drug abuse after years of abuse and neglect from other people stemming from neglect from parents
>"good riddance"
>>
>>35679494
Normie logic is cancer
>>
>>35679422
>They don't consider cause and effect.

Nobody who wants to be a parent considers their child is going to become an autistic loser though.

>>35679494

The former is media bullshit that has little to no basis in actual public opinion and the latter is just nonsense you're making up.

It's funny how robots think strawmen are a valid form of argument.
>>
>>35679534
>homeless person gets ignored on street, nobody wants to help him
>gets taken into a salon and gets a makeover
>all recorded and posted and reposted and shared on buzzfeed, huffpost, all sorts of cancer pages on normiebook
>"the stylists did a really good job!"
>"wow, he actually looks attractive!"
>appearance is everything to normies
>if all homeless were cleaned up would they too be worthy of social interaction
>>
>>35679663

>thinking the vapid comments of the sort of person so pathetic they comment on random Facebook bullshit reflects society as a whole.

Stop getting your perspective on life from the internet, idiot.
>>
>>35679638
>Nobody who wants to be a parent considers their child is going to become an autistic loser though.
disgustingly negligent
>>
>>35679792

Yeah, it's negligent to have a kid you love and feed it and send it to school and do everything normal people do for their children only to have it randomly become a complete fucking loser.
>>
>>35679663
>homeless person has had a rough start in life
>even more so than most people in first world countries
>can't get a job because he looks like shit all the time
>is constantly on the brink of dying
>nobody really gives a fuck
>they pass him up on the sidewalk as the poor fellow begs for his next meal
>dies while living in a first world country

We are truly screwed, lads
>>
>>35679340
Your supposed to respe t elders and that means you ignore dumb shit your parents do. I've actually been criticized for saying I want nothing to do with my crack dealing dad. Apparently I should ruin my life like him
>>
>>35679725
Not that anon, but perspective from the internet allows me to be more optimistic about this sort of thing. If I go talk to "real people", I can't find a single person who doesn't do vapid facebook bullshit. But I can give anons the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>35679817
>roll a pair of dice
>wtf you can't give me a two this isn't fair
>>
>>35679340
As you get older and exit the self-pity stages, you come to realize that your parents [and most other parents in our society] actually did the best they could and that it probably wasn't as bad as we thought.

In the end, the majority of the time it is the kid's fault.

>vid related
>I feel horrible for this man
>his line has ended, his son has become mentally ill
>....the crowd claps on
>might as well be dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6AQ_85U7Q0
>>
File: 1465457480345.png (867KB, 771x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465457480345.png
867KB, 771x720px
>>35679340
>tfw I eventually realized that my life could have been good if my parents had shown the slightest bit of interest when I was a kid
>>
>>35680091
>actually did the best they could
bullshit, most people shouldn't have kids they just fuck when they're young and horny and the kid comes around as a result then they have to deal with it when they didn't fully think through the 18 years minimum they're going to have to put into it
>>
File: prasin the asian.jpg (118KB, 580x376px) Image search: [Google]
prasin the asian.jpg
118KB, 580x376px
>>35679340
I think it's because it makes normies face the fact that they could be like that too and that they're position in life isn't because they pulled themselves up by their bootstraps.

I definitely started to feel more sympathy and empathy for dysfunctional people who do mad shit after watching Molyneux's video on Elliot Rodger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oybAUKZhaMA
>>
>>35679982

>implying it's a game where you only get to roll once.
>>
>>35680466

It's your ability to make claims about the motivations of "most people" that tells us you're an idiot whose opinion isn't worth shit.

Pretty much everyone I know who is a parent planned to be one.
>>
>>35680556
>my anecdote > yours
good job anon, now justify bringing a conscious being into this world that has no say in it and hoping that they turn out alright based purely on your own decision making for them
>>
>>35680539
>implying it isn't
Keep going, brainlet
>>
>>35680567

Yours wasn't an anecdote though. You outright claim to understand the motivations of most people. Own your post, coward.

If you think the way you turned out is entirety due to your parents decisions, then you clearly lacked the capacity to make decisions for yourself and it's no wonder you're a bitter loser.
>>
>>35680589

>le brainlet maymay
>implying you can't make good choices
>implying you're stuck on one path

Autism.
>>
>>35680595
Yes dumbass from the pattern of people I know I know that's how most people act. Do you not understand basic reasoning structure?

>then you clearly lacked the capacity to make decisions for yourself
You literally do until your independent from them, and considering you don't get to choose anything about your early life you don't get to choose when that will be.

Please keep doing mental gymnastics to convince yourself that whatever small successes you've had were entirely yours though.
>>
>>35679340
i agree
it's usually the parents fault
but they're so stupid they don't want to take blame
thus they blame the child
cunts
>>
>>35680629

>I know a tiny amount of stupid young people who had kids by accident and they reflect every parent

You are stupid beyond measure.

If you're not on the path to independence from your parents impositions when you're a teenager, you're failing miserably. Trying to pull the bullshit my parents made all my choices for me until I was an adult excuse is pathetic, and it's even worse if you actually let them.

My parents were fucking shit, by the way. All my successes are mine because I made my own choices.
>>
>>35680713
>and it's even worse if you actually let them.
Once again describe what you're supposed to do instead? Hike into the mountains with no money and start living independently? You have no argument you're basing it entirely off of the tiny amount of people you know.
>>
>>35680734
>Once again

What's this even supposed to mean?

You assert your independence, sometimes this consists on stupid teenage bullshit and sometimes it consists of choices about your future. The point is you start to become your own person. Fuck your autistic huurrr hike into the mountains bullshit, you hyperbolic retard.

The only one basing their completely pathetic argument of a tiny amount of people is you, which you have already admitted to. I'm basing mine on the standard journey from adolescent to adulthood, something you clearly failed miserably at.
>>
>>35680539

Isn't it? It's funny, the more research we do into genetics the more we realize how fucked we are as soon as sperm hits egg. Normies and reasonably successful people don't like to think this way. They like to think they overcame something or that they worked harder/better than someone else, when that simply isn't true. At least no completely.

Why are some children/people so much more driven to succeed than others? Why can two siblings grow up under virtually identical scenarios end up being so different that it's hard to make a comparison. The answer is they were born that way.

It should always be the parents responsibility to take care of their children. Anyway you cut it it's completely their fault at the end of the day. Genetics? Guess who fucked. Environment? Guess who fucked. Advice for the future? Guess who fucked.

This shit of oops now they are 18 and now society is obligated to clean up after my oopsy is fucking ridiculous. This shit didn't fly for the first quarter of a billion years in human history, why is it in the past 150 years that this is no longer the case?
>>
>>35679397
you're retarded eefefef
>>
>>35680839
>I'm basing mine on the standard journey from adolescent to adulthood
No you're basing yours on
>Pretty much everyone I know
"Own your post"

>What's this even supposed to mean?
It means you still haven't answered anything, what are you proposing people do to assert their independence? Clearly you meant at some point they should just become independent, but you're not giving any examples of how that's achieved or what you're even considering independent.
>>
>>35679340
if it really was mostly the child's fault then parents wouldn't need to do this thing called raising their children. it's the parents fault 70% of the time.
>>
I'm fairly happy with how successful I've been in my career and in life, so this isn't coming from a place of bitterness, but I absolutely agree with you. Parents just hate to deal with the possibility that they're simply mediocre. They're always patting themselves and each other on the back for how hard parenting is (and it is hard), but given how mediocre most people generally are at school, work, fitness, literacy, and everything else, it makes sense that most parents will be mediocre. But parenting is so important that they can't deal with this, so they all agree to not judge each other and actually get defensive when they run into more competent parents who put more effort into things.
>>
>>35679365
My father was like a bully to me, and I was scared. He would have literally called the police if I came home smelling of booze or weed, and I didn't have a key to get int he apartment so would have to be home by 11 and ring the doorbell for him to let me in. I also never had a computer or cellphone until I was 18 and done with high school. You can't really rebel if you're powerless to do anything.

No surprise now I'm a 28 year old NEET virgin
>>
>>35680713
>. Trying to pull the bullshit my parents made all my choices for me until I was an adult excuse is pathetic, and it's even worse if you actually let them.
see
>>35681635
Overbearing parents can actually prevent you from doing things and becoming your own person if they control every aspect of your life, or don't give you any money or resources or freedom to do anything on your own. I would have liked to develop social skills by partying with other teenagers, but impossible to do given my situation.

From what I hear though it seems rare, most people who were teens in the 2000s had lenient parents who would let them come and go as they please, look the other way to underage drinking and drugs, and even bail them out of jail if they got arrested. My father told em he would leave me in jail, so I was afraid to do anything fun ever.
>>
>>35679365
This is true. But there is more to the story.

Basically studies have shown that parents have much less to do with their kids socialization than you'd think. After they start going to school, other kids have way more influence that the parents. So blaming them is not only useless but incorrect
>>
>>35679397
>Blame is stupid in general.
This. You're not accomplishing anything by ascribing blame, whether to the individual or their parents. Responsibility is important-- understanding that whoever is to blame, you're still the one that gets to pick up the pieces-- but blame is a red herring.
>>
File: 1440954909.png (675KB, 2100x475px) Image search: [Google]
1440954909.png
675KB, 2100x475px
>>35679365
Fuck this kills. My sister rebelled and did whatever from day one whilst I was too beta.
>>
>>35679638
>The former is media bullshit that has little to no basis in actual public opinion and the latter is just nonsense you're making up.

Except no, retard. This is how it was when Michael Jackson died, Whitney Houston, and so on.
>>
>>35681635
>I can't take responsibility for being a fuck up a decade later
Jesus Christ you people are pathetic.

>>35681684
>Everything fun lands you in jail
>This is my dad's fault
>Fuck you Dad!
Again, truly the most pathetic people.
>>
>>35679832
It's not that simple. Lots of people end up on the streets because of drug abuse and remain there because of their addictions. Other times it's mental illnesses like schizophrenia that drop them there. Yet still other times it's because of job losses, evictions, foreclosures, and other economic reasons.

There's many explanations for many different people with varying degrees of culpability.
>>
>>35681635
My dad used to always say how weak I was then one day when I was 15 he snapped and tried to fight me, instead of backing down I punched him in the jaw and he stopped.

After that he got along with me better because I stood up for myself and he saw that I wasn't a beta pushover. I guess he was waiting for you to do that too.
>>
>>35680556
>In the end, the majority of the time it is the kid's fault.
and this isn't an unfounded generalization? And you know this to be true because pretty much every kid you know is worse than their parent?

you on bullshit anon
>>
>>35680091
That's just another form of trying to avoid the plain truth though. Blaming yourself for the faults of others is disgusting form of self-indulgence in it's own right.
>>
>>35684107
Gtfo normie and take your functional brain elsewhere
>>
I can blame the parents for making their child an annoying autist but still dislike the child for being an annoying autist.
>>
>>35684247
I'll never get over how people on this board compete to be a bigger loser and think it gives them any say in who comes here. Take some responsibility instead of being a manchild your whole life you disappointment.
>>
File: 1490000854611.png (339KB, 671x922px) Image search: [Google]
1490000854611.png
339KB, 671x922px
>>35684280
FUCK OFF SMART NORMAL FAG
RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>35684406
Shouting at your problems to leave you alone will never work.
>>
>>35684432
Is this thread triggering to you? It's painfully obvious that you're new here.
>>
File: latest.png (53KB, 200x342px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
53KB, 200x342px
>>35684432
I SAID FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING NORMAL FAGGOT RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>35684534
>Are you.... triggered?
>Or are you just making fun of manbabies?
Hmmmm
>>
>>35679494
As a regular drug user I generally think that anyone who dies from drug usage deserves to and should be allowed pursue that path without cucks trying to stop them
>>
File: PicsArt_03-21-09.29.06.jpg (75KB, 698x308px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_03-21-09.29.06.jpg
75KB, 698x308px
>>35684594
>go's on r9k
>complains about the majority of r9k
Hmmmmm
>>
>>35684668
>Complains
>Or makes fun of
You're doing it again. Why is this board so dumb lmfao
>>
Yeah bad parenting can really fuck you up, but its not impossible to fix yourself, and people cling to that to take the blame away from the parent, but life would be so much better if only qualified people were allowed to reproduce.

Its really apparent in the ghetto, from my grandma to my niece I'm able to see 3 generations of woman who followed the same pattern of getting knocked up by a loser and raising another fuckup, and with my niece its only a matter of time.
>>
>>35679340
Parents are terrible people.
>>
>>35684737
All blacks should be killed unironically. You're nothing but a detriment to the human race as a whole.
>>
File: fuck off.jpg (109KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.jpg
109KB, 900x900px
>>35684878
goof ah
>>
>>35684878
The worst kinds of black people get on welfare and do nothing to improve their own situation beyond that.
>>
>>35684931
It's not a /pol/ thing. It's a people thing. Only liberal lapdog cucks think there is anything redeemable about blacks. It's not even whites that hate you. It's Latinos. Asians. Indians. Nobody likes you. Except cucks.

>>35684943
True but this is like comparing one pile of shit to another.
>>
>>35684969
It's not even just whites that hate you*
>>
>>35679340
There is a taboo against calling out shitty parents. In fact, if you do it, the vast majority of people will make a kneejerk assumption that you're exaggerating or being a brat and then never take you seriously again.

Normies have a very black-and-white view of parenting; if they're not neglecting or beating you up on a regular basis, they're good parents and any criticism of them is invalid.
>>
>>35686326
Because it's true. Unless you're being abused they're doing fine. Sort your own shit out. They got you to 18 without beating the shit out of you or abusing you. They kept a roof over your head and food in your mouth.

Take responsibility and quit being a bitch.
>>
>>35684717
>he has nothing better to do then make fun of bitter virgins on the internet
So what are you up to in life mate?
>>
>>35686619
>Sort your own shit out
Fucking how?

School sure as fuck doesn't teach you anything about responsibility or adulthood, and by what you say the parents don't have to either.

So how do you expect a person to just magically fix their life with no knowledge, no tools, and no support?
>>
>>35686619
are you fucking stupid?

oregano
>>
>>35679340
>Why do people blame a thing for being broken rather than the ones that broke it?

Because the most obvious level is the most superficial one. The parents aren't there to blame. Also, you're making assumptions, it's possible for kids with a normal enough childhood to turn out bad in adulthood. It's just less common.

Ultimately, we're all responsible for ourselves. If your upbringing was deficient, you either live with the results or you work to improve them. Nobody is going to do it for you. Blaming externals is a justification, not a solution.
>>
>>35686774
In a place with my 21 year old fiance
>Both studying at uni
>Have a dog
>Lift weights
>Have friends
>Have motorcycle
>She has a car
I get to study when I want and watch Netflix and shit whenever. The only thing I'm missing is beer or a supply of weed. What about you?

>>35686827
It has to come from within. Not wanting to be the same shitty person you've always been and are going to be. You figure out what aspect you want to fix and then ask questions about it specifically. Most problems are fixed just by getting money. You can't just sit there and expect to fix your life as a whole. You need to fix each individual part that makes your life as a whole. And I don't know what those parts are so I can't help you.

You don't need support from others. That's what being a man is about. You'll make your own tools and find the knowledge you need.

>>35686934
t. bitter loser who blames everyone else for his problems
>>
>>35686976
Give pics of dog
>>
>>35686976
Or pics of fiance I'm good with either
>>
>>35687042
>>35687063
Was just finding the thread on phone to post doggo pics until you asked for pics of fiance. Get fucked creep
>>
>>35686976
>It has to come from within. Not wanting to be the same shitty person you've always been and are going to be
Oh fuck off back to Facebook with this normie shit. Wanting something from life is fucking meaningless if you don't have the resources needed to make it happen, parents are supposed to be there, if not to help you get the resources, then to at least tell you how to get then.
>Most problems are fixed just by getting money.
No shit sherlock, and how do you get money? From having a decent job. And how do you get start getting decent jobs at a reasonably early age? By being a responsible, well-adjusted person. And how do you learn how to do that? Your parents teach you if they're decent, otherwise you're fucked for way longer than you should've been, because of the time it takes to figure this shit out on your own.
>You don't need support from others. That's what being a man is about. You'll make your own tools and find the knowledge you need.
Shut the fuck up. There wouldn't be knowledge to find if people didn't write the shit down, knowing that there would be people out there that needed support.
>>
>>35687314
>Need advice
>Get the best advice you can get
>OMG NO ITS NOT WHAT I WANT TO HEAR
You're a helpless loser.

> And how do you get start getting decent jobs at a reasonably early age? By being a responsible, well-adjusted person. And how do you learn how to do that? Your parents teach you if they're decent, otherwise you're fucked for way longer than you should've been, because of the time it takes to figure this shit out on your own.
>BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW I'M TOO LAZY! I'M TOO UNRELIABLE! THIS IS EVERYONE ELSES FAULT! FUCK YOU MUM! FUCK YOU DAD!
Wow. Can't say I've ever seen someone say the reason they can't get a job is because of their mum and dad lol

>Shut the fuck up. There wouldn't be knowledge to find if people didn't write the shit down,
So what did people do before they had access to the internet or widespread information? Just sit around and be pathetic fuck-ups like you?

Maybe suicide is a good option.
>>
>>35687089
fuck off then you lying cunt
>>
>>35687089
then just give me the dog pics you faggot
>>
>>35687592
>>35687615
You really don't know how to talk to people do you?
>>
>>35687397
I don't need your shitty cookie-cutter advice, my life is fine. It just would have been plainly better had my parents been fit for the task. I just got lucky that there were people willing to help me, when my parents weren't.

>So what did people do before they had access to the internet or widespread information?
Their parents taught them you dense motherfucker. Or maybe their parents were shit and the community picked up the slack, but the responsibility was originally belonged to the parents.
>>
>>35687827
>No matter what I'm adamant that personal responsibility is a moot topic
>It's always someone elses job
>B-but my life is fine despite the fact I'm a fuck-up!!!!!!!
I had no father and a shitty abusive mother and yet look at where I am you jelly faggot.
>>
>>35687906
>look where I am
yelling at damaged mentally ill people on the internet?
>>
>>35687727
look mate i just want pics of your qt dog to add to my qt dog folder
>You really don't know how to talk to people do you?
why else would i be on r9k
>>
>>35687940
No one is yelling you sensitive cunt.

>>35687945
It's a black/brown/white bichon frise. She picked it. It was cute enough that a middle aged Asian woman in our complex invited me in to "meet her dog."

I passed.
>>
>>35687906
We're talking about children, here. How do you expect a child to even understand the concept of personal responsibility if no one fucking teaches them?
>I had no father and a shitty abusive mother and yet look at where I am you jelly faggot.
You're bragging about how good your life is on /r9k/, a place notable for having people with some of the lowest living standards imaginable. One step above bragging to the homeless. Get over yourself.
>>
>>35688168
>We're talking about children
/r9k/ is an 18+ board. Keep shirking that personal responsibility though. It's all mummy and daddy's fault.

>Get over yourself
If you could manage to do this maybe you'd fix your life :^)
>>
The Family is being destroyed.

Parents send off their children to government camps for half the day from the time they're 5 to 18, many send their kids to pre-schools before even that starts.
If their parents are off working often,then even when they come home, they will very often be under the care of a babysitter.
Almost half of all marriages end up divorced, and I don't know the specifics but a huge amount of those divorced end up splitting their kids between them aswell. Mommy's a slut so you can't see daddy anymore. And before that humongous bombshell of mental anguish is dropped on the child they probably have to hear their parents screaming at each other for a year. If they are even a slight problem to their parents they will get diagnosed and medicated, fucking up their minds even more. They will spend less time outside than fucking prison inmates.

R9K is a graveyard of ruined children.
Also, read about R-K Selection Theory.
>>
>>35688280
Your fate and your children's fate are already decided.

It's right here.>>35688440
>>
>>35688440
Oh I also forgot to mention single motherhood and fatherlessness in general, but I guess that ties in to divorce.
>>
>>35688493
>Talks about fate
>Right after complaining it's his parent's fault he is the way he is
Make up your mind. Are you a disappointment and a loser because of fate or because of your meanie parents?
>>
>>35688440
wow you just described my life, been here since i was 13
>>
File: 1487051110101.png (183KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1487051110101.png
183KB, 1024x576px
>>35679340
>tfw raised by single mother
I never had a chance, did I?
>>
>>35689343
Dunno, my friend was raised by single mother and now he's quite successful and has gf.
He's beta tho
>>
>>35689302
it is ok anon

I dream of one day having a child with a really good waifu and raising him as best as I can and giving him all the attention I can but not being overbearing, giving him room to grow and homeschooling him for a while then sending him to the best private school I can find
>>
>>35689373
>spoiler
Good, Chad likes the guys who raise his children to be successful.
>>
>>35688440
Another piece of divorce is that your parents constantly manipulate you and teach you to hate the other parent. So you grow up disliking the only two people whom you should be able to emotionally connect with. You grow up to trust nobody and to not be able to have intimate relationships.
>>
Literally your whole existence comes down to how you were treated by parents growing up. i.e. none of this is your fault. Have robots not found solace in certain areas of psychology as a way to stop blaming oneself and finally begin to make changes?

John Bowlby's attachment theory: if your primary caregiver, i.e. mother, was not properly attuned to your physical and emotional needs as a baby and infant, it sets you up for all sorts of developmental problems, particularly in forming safe relationships with people later in life.

I would guess that a vast majority of robots have one or both narcissistic parents who inflicted serious psychic traumas on their child. Social anxiety, for example, is not random... those with a trauma history subconsciously believe that everyone is as narcissistic as their parents, making authentic, safe interactions, nearly impossible...
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
My advice to you poor self pitying faggots:except the reality of death early on in life. Face it, meditate on it daily, make it become real to you. This doesnt mean become suicidal, just embrace the fact of death. This will tremendously effect your psyche and change your point of view of life in general. Usually this is a positive change, as mundane worries of life will no longer be as troubling.
>>
>>35689392
I'm going to raise my child to bully your child.

>>35689506
>IT'S EVERYONE ELSES FAULT I NEVER BOTHERED TO TRY MAKING NEW RELATIONSHIPS

>>35689546
Take personal responsibility cuck. Again, I had a narcissistic mother. I listed everything I have going for me earlier when a robot asked. Now I come here to laugh at the other half who didn't man up and became "robots"
>>
File: 1489442153346.jpg (20KB, 252x212px) Image search: [Google]
1489442153346.jpg
20KB, 252x212px
>>35679340
my parents just told me get A's and I'll let you have fun. It was that simple. All they did was check my cards, no beatings, did my chores, did stuff. Never complained.

However I grew up autistic because they let me play too much vidya at around the 9th grade I stopped going outside after we moved because the XBL and WoW was new to my life, multiplayer was too addicting.

My dad never complained that I quit sports because my grades were high, he wanted me to find my own path, I wish could play sports again and play some college ball while he cheers on
>>
>>35689392
>homeschool
>private school

how to be come autistic 101. They need normie experience, everyone in college or work or in public acts social
>>
File: fuckyoubudd.png (67KB, 616x596px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyoubudd.png
67KB, 616x596px
>>35689664
>>35689651
You really need to delete your existence

These posters don't actually want to help anyone they want to get off on a sense of self superiority by giving robots 'tough love', acting like they are grizzled and wise when they're just rude cunts.
>>
>>35689726
Homeschool for a short period of time while still having them in sports teams and shit like that, and if you send your kid to public school you may as well just fucking shoot them now because they'd be better off. Private schools aren't even autistic, homeschooling is though. If you do it for too long and have them all penned up.
>>
>>35689735
I tried helping. The faggot just sperged out. So fuck it. It's all the truth though. You really do need tough love. A lot of you just needed to be hit more.
>>
>>35689794
you can hit me if you like anon
>>
>>35684148
>I guess he was waiting for you to do that too.
No, he actually dialed 9-1-1 once when I got into s fight with him and then lifted a chair over my head intending to smash him with it. Then I got scared and left, one thing my parents never did was ground me, instead would often kick me out for the day, but without money or cell phone I couldn't do anything to socialize. I ended up going to the library to use MySpace. Anyways when I got back they said police showed up and they said they dialed by accident.

Other memorable things my father said to me are threats such as "If you want to live to be 15," and lots of stuff about knocking my teeth out and calling my names such as idiot imbecile and "brainless wonder"
>>
>>35689664

You're still wasting time on this board so regardless of having "manned up" there are obviously huge parts of you that identify with these posters' problems. Just because you've repressed all of your pain does not mean you're a better person. Having had a narcissistic mother probably fucks up all of your current-day relationships, and if you have kids you will probably fuck them up just as bad. In fact your posting reveals all the qualities of a narcissistic, toxic father.

It's also obviously not a 1-to-1 correlation, some people with narcissistic parents become narcissists themselves and take out their pain on other people (e.g. you), some people had other resources, other parental figures, etc. in early childhood that made up for their parents' deficiencies.
>>
>>35689866
I don't want to imagine crazy parents, I woulda joined the military instantly to get out of the house or something.
>>
>>35689794
You are a bad person. It's pretty obvious your shitty parents turned you into a salty cunt. You're not giving them tough love, you don't seem to understand that people are heavily affected by their childhoods. It's not like someone can just magically erase their nature which has been established by all of this. You're just being a shitstain.
>>35689884
What this Anon said.
>>
>>35689832
Is that what you get off to?

>>35689884
What I do with my time is completely at my discretion, faggot. Stay mad that you failed to do what many other men have managed to do.

Or is the reason you're so averse to becoming a man because your father abused you?
>>
>>35689915
>Be nice to these sensitive losers
>You have to enable them or you're a bad person
No. Grow up.
>>
>>35679340
You're right people shouldn't blame the blank slate on majority
>>
>>35689866
As to your original post, the point is if I ever did sock my father in the face I would have gone directly to jail and stay there, or worse get severely injured or killed in an actual fight.

As for raising a successful kid, he assumed that all I need was a desk, chair, and lamp to do homework and study.

Can't punch him in the face now, because he's actually dead.
>>
File: 2f7.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
>tfw had a incredibly shit time growing up
>tfw my brother is a total fuck up and I'm not by incredible luck
>left me with extreme paranoia and insanely high standards
>easily in the top 1 percent of intelligence/wealth of people my age
>snapped at gran when she asked if I was proud for graduating valedictorian, I said it was nothing to be proud off and doesn't mean anything
>ALL my money is being saved for my children so they won't be unhappy like me when they grow up
>unironically consider myself a failure and feel very unhappy (I don't judge or really think about other people though)
>>
>>35689917
Of course you can do what you want with your time. It's just obvious that despite your rampant denial, despite your sociopathic coping mechanisms that maybe give the appearance of being a normie in real life, you're just as much of a robot as anyone else on this board.
>>
>>35689901
Normies just can't get that dysfunctional parenting fucks you up completely because as a teenager you are powerless to do anything on your own. When I turned 18 I actually lived on my own for 2 years but nothing changed because I was too busy being a wagecuck to develop any social skills, and I wasn't even aware I had autism until I saw a psychologist at 23.
>Joined the military, At that stage in my life I considered myself a radical leftist even went to anti-Bush protests.
>>
My parents took me out of school at 9, and I never got a proper education since. I'm pretty sure of who's to blame.
>>
File: 1430788126220.jpg (105KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1430788126220.jpg
105KB, 700x500px
>>35679340
>mother was an abusive alcoholic
>father was stressed and domineering
>lived too far from other kids to socialize
>little opportunity to develop social skills
>stressful and anxiety inducing household
>used fantasy as an escape

I never stood a chance to be honest.
>>
>>35690006
It literally doesn't bother me one way or another what you think. I just think it's hilarious that telling people to stop blaming others for all the problems in their lives and to take steps to fix it is seen as
>WOW
>TEXTBOOK TOXIC MASCULINE NARCISSISM DAD PARENT
>I CANT EVN
>STOP BEING MEAN TO ROBITS
>U R JUST LIK US NOW HAHAHA

>>35690037
You will never develop social skills. You have autism. What part of autism is lost on you?

This is probably the problem of at least half of you. You have autism and can't relate to others and it's somehow everyone elses fault.
>>
>>35689735
You can start by deleting your own life you pathetic self pitiying piece of frog shit, no one has sympathy for your weak ass. This is why you are where you are now in life because you're weak as fuck but when you get advice you turn into a fussy little bitch. Get fucked shitwad
>>
>>35690072
My autism is quite literally my parents' fault, My mother was 42 and father 51 when I was born. And my parents were married for 20 whole years before that. When I asked them why they had me so late, my father used the threat of nuclear was as an excuse, and my mother says God made the choice not her.
>>
>>35690167
Would you have preferred to have been aborted? Between this website and Chrischan I'm of the unironic, strongly held belief that instead of wasting money on curing autism we should instead look for a way to test for it in vitro so that autistic foetuses could be aborted.
>>
File: file.png (318KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
318KB, 453x500px
>>35690151
o I am laffin
classic example of salty edgelord

does yelling at sick people on the internet turn you on? dirty dirty boy
>>
>>35690210
I would have preferred to have been born 12 years earlier and have a normal childhood in the 1980s.
>>
>>35682333
As an only son I don't identify that the kids had more influence than my parents at all. I had friends and everything but how is the authority not on your parents.
>>
>>35690327
You don't get that choice. Aborted or alive as you are today.
>>
>>35690224
Lol, why dont you take your SICK WEAK ASS to the nearest overhead bridge in your area and fling yourself off, mkay? You're SO justified in your wallowing in your own shit but judging from the style of your post you've outed yourself as a cynical, sardonic and viscious borderline sociopath. You are weak and pathetic scum and you have an ill natured temperament. Stop pretending to be so victimized, you are the victimizer!
>>
>>35689664
Who the fuck do you think you are? You don't know me or anyone else here. Take your self-righteous sadism back to the shitty place where it came from.
>>
>>35690539
Not getting enough (you) with >>35690369
I take it?

>>35690363
>>35690327
Confirmed for wanting to be alive. Not surprising like everything else in your life you don't have the balls to admit it.
>>
Late capitalism also subjects robots to the same abuse of power that parents inflicted on their kids, further reinforcing the patterns that lead to extreme depression and loneliness. Many are able to survive until adolescence by using gaming and online only to realize that the only way to make it in the world is to sell their labor at exploitative wages to a narcissistic boss or corporate entity who, like their parents, only has their interests in mind.

And that's assuming that one can even get a job: robots, given their lack of appropriate parenting, have an incredible disadvantage in this hypercompetitive landscape. Marxism may be of great interest to robots who find basic economic survival an enormous struggle.
>>
File: 1487403966318.png (577KB, 480x476px) Image search: [Google]
1487403966318.png
577KB, 480x476px
>>35689664
>i survived! im so stronk
>i`ll let my pent up frustration out on someone else
thats delusional, pathetic, and hypocritical

you were weak enough to let yourself get hurt and became bitter

bitterness is a sign that you let your hardships win over you

you`re a pathetic loser and deserve to be here

enjoy your stay
>>
>>35690610
Couldn't resist i see
:p
>>
>>35690628
>it's another "robot tries to be edgy and echoes the stinging truths others have said about him" episode
>sadly it's not applicable
If you keep posting it maybe you'll get a hit one day.

>>35690668
>I know it's you, retard
>HAHA I WAS ONLY TROLLING. YES! EPIC WIN!
At least the above anon put some effort in.
>>
>>35690708
>edgy poster projects on others
>is in denial about his own edginess

so, you already gave up?
>>
>>35690743
>Take responsibility for your failure as an adult and put work in to fix yourself
>WOW
>JUST WOW
>SO EDGY
>EDGEMASTERLORD420 DONT CUT YOURSELF ON THAT EDGE
Only on /r9k/ can telling people to get their shit together and stop blaming others be construed as "edgy"
>>
>>35690708
>couldnt resist replying
>replys again
HAHAHA
>>
File: 1488331102726.jpg (236KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1488331102726.jpg
236KB, 1920x1280px
>>35690794
>I'm going to raise my child to bully your child.
>I come here to laugh at the other half who didn't man up and became "robots"
>not edgy

i acknowledge your mindset
but your attitude is shit
>>
>>35690821
>beeing this much of a attentionwhore on the internets loser central
i pity you
have another (you)
you really need it
>>
>>35690864
>I'm going to raise my child to bully your child.
'Twas a joke. Our kids will never know each other.

>I come here to laugh at the other half who didn't man up and became "robots"
Eh. I can see this being construed as edgy. But when a quarter of this thread is replies to me and that's one response out of many then it doesn't really seem like I'm being THAT edgy.
>>
>>35690881
>thinks i care about his (you)s
You dont have to reply stupid, you wont hurt my feefees
You just keep choosing to because you think you have something to prove.
You're anonymous you know, fuck off
>>
>>35679340
After a certain age the kid is responsible for his own actions. So unless he was physically raped, then bad parenting can't really be blamed too much.

Have heard far too many people complain about shit

>my parents were abusive
>my old place of work was abusive
>I was bullied in school
>I wasn't prepared for college/work by my school

If you are mentally sound enough to blame someone else for your problems (outside of single cause and effect actions; for example I couldn't pay rent because my brother stole my wallet). You know what you have to do and you're making excuses. So unless you were literally in bed crying 24/7, you shouldn't make excuses when you choose to play video games/watch tv/browse 4chan/take drugs instead of working on something productive.

If you need mental health then get it. But don't waste time making excuses and pursuing forms of escapism.
>>
>>35691724
The definition of being a child is inherently not being responsible for your own actions.

What part of being abused or neglected in critical stages of life development and having severe social issues afterwards not cause and effect?

Also being mentally sound is not equal to blaming others.

Why is this thread being infected by the just world fallacy?
>>
Hey just worlding faggots. If I have a child will you accept me abusing him or neglecting him so he could "take responsibility" for himself. Hell, could I beat the shit and starve him out just for shits and giggles. He should just improve himself, amirite?
>>
>>35692709
>Why is this thread being infected by the just world fallacy?
Something something FUCKING NORMIES something
>>
>>35690210
Or maybe society should accept autists as equals instead of abusing them and denying them opportunities.
>>
>>35692709
Listen I'm sorry you had a rough life while other kids seemed to have it better. But self moping is not a valid solution. Were you physically disabled by your parents? Maybe you were mistreated but that's tough life for you.

Sounds cliche but you gotta pull yourself up and the longer you wait the harder it'll be for you. I recommend leaving this place and maybe find more positive/constructive forums to browse (fuck no get off the Internet and make friends) in your limited internet time. I browse /biz/ and it helps me stay in line with my goals since there's a lot of good advice.

Care to go into detail about how you were neglected/abused?

There is literally a way out of anything. You are just holding yourself back.
>>
>>35692797
>Accept someone who isn't equal as an equal
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>35693023
Women are accepted, why shuldn't autists? Autists are at least just as intelligent as anyone and are often kinder.
>>
>>35693437
Women have use and not all of them are retarded. Most of all, they can relate to others as human beings. Autists can't. You look like a human, sound like a human and act seem to act like one. But you're not. You lack the fundamental element that makes us human: the ability to feel and empathise with each other.
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.