[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another military thread, people thinking about joining or currently

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: military.jpg (525KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
military.jpg
525KB, 1200x800px
Another military thread, people thinking about joining or currently active get in here! I went to MEPS for the airforce today, talking to my recruiter about possible jobs in 2 days. My top picks (cyber/intelligence) are all in high demand right now, so it's very likely I'll get one of them. Anyone else going airforce?
>>
>>35674299
Did they make you blow bubbles into water, or test your blood sugar?

Why not Navy?
>>
>>35674299
Are you going in as an officer?
>>
>>35674299
>being a military cuck
>not just joining a private security company and make 6x as much money without risking your life
>>
>>35674542
You have to have military on your resume b4 PMC dumbass.
>>
>>35674299
My recruiter said that (cyber /intelligence) is not in high demand and now im wondering if he was lying to me.
>>
Active duty armyfag here, ama, yes I hate my life
>>
>Go to a recruitment session and do an aptitude test
>Think I fucking flunked it
>Afterwards, sitting in a tiny room with a recruiter
>"We have to talk about your aptitude test..."
>Think I fucking failed it
>He tells me I tested exceptionally well and can apply for anything I want
>Tells me my preferred roles of infantry or artillery really wouldn't suit me and I should go into something a little more advanced

I was really fucking surprised, honestly. He was trying massively to discourage me from grunt work and wanted me to get into something else. I am pretty sure I meet the fitness requirements, at least. Even if they end up ultimately rejecting me, at least I'm not a fat slob anymore.
>>
>>35674765
Are you infantry?
>>
>>35674798
Yea buddy, kinda split between that indoctrinated pride in being a grunt and realizing I might as well be working at mcdonalds
>>
File: pokemariachi.gif (401KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pokemariachi.gif
401KB, 480x360px
I'm joining the navy. My parents are so mad lol, dad offered to pay for me to go to law school and instead I'm going to go get blown up by a Chinese torpedo, beaten to death by angry Okinawans, and/or eaten alive by sharks.
>>
>>35674894
>The military is a waste of your intelligence!
>You could get killed!
>You'll be permanently scarred!

What they don't understand is that life itself is a torturous game of disappointment, so it doesn't matter whether you spend your days struggling in one place or another. All that matters is the struggle.
>>
>Want to join army to do paramedicine
>Find suitable role
>About to go to info session
>Get told by paramedic he did that and the qualifications are different than what you need to be a civvie para after
>Look it up, totally true

It's the broke ass working part time student life for me.
>>
>>35674854
Are firefights boring? Do you get into firefights? Do you plan on getting into sf?
>>
>>35674299
>wanted to be a Marines pilot to hope to be an astronaut
>found out I had secondary colorblindness
>dropped out when recruiter started trying to put me on the intelligence track
>>
>>35674299
Gotta love twelve hour days and making worse than minimum wage
A-Ayy-e-uh
>>
>>35674963
Been in 2 years, havnt deployed yet, all the salty NCOs that talk about it seem to miss combat. Not really looking at SF, you gotta be next level athletic and usually they only select more experienced guys. The percentage of guys who start selection and make it to the end of the Q course is tiny
>>
>>35675098
Is army sf training harder than normal marine training or what. I don't quite understand where the marines stand
>>
>>35675206
Lol, yes, SF pipeline is probably the longest/hardest training process you could do, Marines arnt some badass special operations group despite what Hollywood (and the Marines) want you to think. That being said besides infantry which is pretty similar between the two branches marine pogs probably have a harder basic than army pogs
>>
>>35674571
not always, abd you dont need extensive military experience for most contract work. its even less strict if you go to some third world shithole
>>
>>35675352
Ah, I see. So do you think you'll ever be deployed?
>>
>>35675462
No way to tell, there's always rumors and I still have another 2.5 years so anything can happen. I will say that things are heating back up, more units deploying again like back in the day, so we'll see
>>
>>35674773
Don't do artillery, I did. Pick something useful civilian side
>>
>>35674299
Seeking a commission right now. Took the asvab Friday, made a 138 GT. 99th percentile. Max PT scores, 3.49 GPA on my stem degree. 3 recommendation letters. 1 major, 1 Colonel, 1 general.

Any OCS guys got any advice?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.