[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have to go to therapy tomorrow for the first time and I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 1489100182731.webm (68KB, 286x580px) Image search: [Google]
1489100182731.webm
68KB, 286x580px
I have to go to therapy tomorrow for the first time and I'm really scared. Can some of you anons who have been there before tell me what the first session is usually like? Thank you.

Also therapy/mental health discussion general.
>>
>>35671786
Unless you are prepared to truly tell the truth, it's useless.
I've been in and out of therapy since I was a kid and it never helped because I couldn't admit the truth about myself.
>>
>>35671819
You also have to be willing to be receptive towards it. If you're being forced and you just shut down while you're there you won't get anything out of it.

First session is just getting to know each other too, OP
>>
>>35671819
I don't really have any issue with telling the truth, it's pretty obvious I'm a fuckup.

I really don't even know what this guy is, whether he's a therapist or a psychologist or a psychiatrist, my mom made the appointment and she doesn't know either so I'm afraid he'll just be useless. I actually did go somewhere once where the lady couldn't prescribe medication to me but she would ask my doctor to prescribe stuff and he'd sign off on it, I don't know what that's called.

>>35671942
Thank you, I was told if I didn't go I would be kicked out of the house but I really do want to get help and become functional in society
>>
>>35671978
If you're really willing to change, always tell the truth, no matter how embarrassing or shameful it is. Always highly consider doing any suggestions they give you. Always do your homework. Realize therapy is not a magic spell and you'll get instant immediate results; it takes time and will usually be painful on your end as you have to leave your comfort zone.

My therapist told me "There are 168 hours in a week, 1 of which you spend with me. You need to spend the other 167 hours bettering yourself as well"
>>
File: NGE 0152.jpg (38KB, 1000x805px) Image search: [Google]
NGE 0152.jpg
38KB, 1000x805px
For the first two-three visits it's just getting to know you and your problems. Don't really expect too much stuff until later.

Got visit tomorrow with my mom so it's going to hell.
>>
The other posters here are right OP, I went to therapy a couple years ago and I had a big attitude problem that they were going to fix my life for me even though I was too embarrassed to admit my faults to myself. I started going recently and its really helping me out. You don't have to tell them every excruciating ugly detail about whats in your head, but don't lie to them and don't lie to yourself about your issues.
>>
Avoid buzzwords like "hopeless" etc. A lot of psychiatrists are partnered with local inpatient hospitals and get kick-backs from shipping people off if they think you're a danger to yourself. Honestly, don't fucking go. Find you a good friend and start lifting weights, it does wonders for your mental health. Psychologists = paid friends and its all bullshit.
>>
>>35672106
Why does your mom to be there? There's stuff about me I wouldn't my mom to hear so that'd really mess with me.
>>
File: NGE 0605.png (96KB, 600x660px) Image search: [Google]
NGE 0605.png
96KB, 600x660px
>>35672216
Going to start to getting into drug related route and I have no clue how that works so I need her there to understand it all. Also my therapist wants me to meet with him more and more so she needs to schedule more visits.
>>
>>35672213
This is true, but it varies by country. In the uk they are behavioural psychologists usually and don't do any major shit, just teach you to be honest with yourself and how to deal with your issues.
>>
File: 1478778691515.jpg (21KB, 283x294px) Image search: [Google]
1478778691515.jpg
21KB, 283x294px
>>35672213
I don't care anymore if they think it's the best idea to send me off to the psych ward for 3 days or whatever then so be it. I feel fucking close to the edge and I'll try anything
>>
>>35671786
To be honest
Just consider them like anonymous
You can tell them anything and everything thats bothering you, dont think or worry about holding back unless you have an hero plans which is the only case where they have to do something about it
Literal just tell them everything thats wrong, they're legally not allowed to share
>>
>>35672050
how about illigal things like drug and alcohol abuse? and can you tell em you realy consider putting yourself down? i have no problem with being honest but im not in for a trip to the mental ward
>>
>>35672576
Unless you have plans to hurt yourself or hurt someone else they can't say anything, in the USA at least.
>>
>>35672697
well i mean imaganitve planning its not like ive got a date and time but sure i know how i would do it,

but addmitting to drug use cant hurt right? and im from europe and the rules are kinda foggy
>>
>>35671786
therapy for what?
How exactly does spilling the beans on uncontrollable environmental factors magically make your life less miserable?
>>
>>35672763
You're probably safe if you're in Europe, people have a more liberal outlook on drugs there. Even in USA admitting drug use is kept confidential.

>>35672771
Depression, anxiety, thoughts of suicide, feeling unable to get a job or hold down a job, I guess just a complete inability to function in life, I dunno.

Guess if it doesn't work I'm just gonna kill myself.
>>
>>35671786
Therapist asks you basic questions for an evaluation. Ever been addicted to drugs, are you violent, what is troubling you bla bla bla.

Then just ask you general questions about life.

Literally nothing to be scared of. They have heard the most fucked up shit that they don't judge.
>>
>>35672989
And that actually works?
or is it part of the three stage process?
Therapy Stage 1
Pills Stage 2
Involuntary incarceration stage 3
>>
>>35673091
I've tried Prozac before and it was a disaster but I'd try other stuff. I guess you have to get yourself put in the psych ward before they give you the powerful meds.
>>
>>35673206
Way i see it once you go in you don't come out
not the same anyway. those pills mess you up they make it worse they get inside your head
once they've split you like an egg your nothing but goop they can fry and throw out but if your already that far gone then there's no hope maybe it's better maybe you'll enjoy the mind rape they'll subject you to. i wonder.
>>
File: 1478777988946.jpg (35KB, 581x700px) Image search: [Google]
1478777988946.jpg
35KB, 581x700px
>>35673283
Whatever happens happens. I hardly care about my life anymore.
>>
>>35672360
Bruh, it fucks up a lot of life opportunities. I joined the military to escape some shit and they ask me when they can transfer civilian medical records over, and I have to fabricate bullshit about how I want to contact them and shit. Good thing, military med is bureaucratic as fuck and nobody really cares, its more so an inconvenience than anything else. Still, don't fucking do it. Just make some positive changes to your lifestyle, it helps.
>>
>>35672282
enjoy getting loads of jew pills that you know nothing about that break your brain idk

at least i know what dangerous and neurotoxic chemicals i choose to put in my body and how they interact.

stay asleep, sheeple
>>
>>35674107
Agreed, as someone who has been in patient before, it isn't fucking worth it. Its akin to a prison, you can't take a shit without being observed. They force drugs on you, they come in and do suicide checks on you while you sleep. You must also sleep with the lights on. I'm telling you, it isn't worth it. There's a non-medical solution out there.
>>
>>35671786
The first session is bullshit history gathering, trust building.
Btw if you see a therapist longer than 18months you just have a paid friend. You should be seeing a Cognitive behavior therpist, they are the only ones worth a dam. God help you if you got memed into seeing a fruedian, say hello to a future wasted ~6 years
>>
>>35674381
>Freudian

I thought it was pretty universally agreed that Freud was a quack?
>>
dont do it. a lot of people are saying work out. THIS. they are right! youll get lexapro and seroquel and you will never ever feel normal or not normal, just endless lethargy and brain fog. you wont "feel" like killing yourself, because you wont feel at all.

ive been there and done that, pls work out
>>
>>35674441
There are still some "Freud schools" that are pretty cultish. Also older therapists still have some 'neofreud' training in them.
A Freudian will ~~/assume/~~ , no matter what, that you don't know what is bothering you, even if you say something about childhood, they aussme you can't know what's REALLY bothering you, so they get to spend a few years digging it out and then another few years fixing it. <--- do you see how self serving that is?
>>
one last bumpity bump in case any anons need help
>>
>>35675611
Tell me the truth.

Is there such a thing as normal? I used to think I was but I also show symptoms of a bunch of stuff, but everyone else acts like it's normal.
>>
>>35675899
Tell me more about what you think is abnormal about you.
>>
>>35672360
Don't go to a psych ward like the other anon said. You'll end up fucked for life when it comes to a career if you're put in. Even if the doctor recommends it, don't go.
>>
>>35675976
Going through constant stress every single day while not knowing what you're doing. Just bullshitting life. Believe it'll pay off in the future when really there's no proof that it will.

I don't know if I can at the moment since I'm not at my low point, I'm actually feeling good today, so just what I remember.

Like constant high stress every single day with impossible expectations while barely knowing what you're doing and scooting by the edge of your seat. Practically bullshitting life while also believing it'll all magically pay off of later in life because it always gets better.
>>
>>35676135
Hey man, I would've killed to have someone to talk to when I was feeling this way. I'm drunk as fuck right now, but if you want to talk to someone who will supply brutal honesty, I can give you my kik username.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.