[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

am i the only one who feels like life is becoming more dreamlike???

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 45819.jpg (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
45819.jpg
2MB, 1280x1024px
am i the only one who feels like life is becoming more dreamlike???

i often cannot discern dreams and reality, and things seem more "hazy" and less real.
it may be the effects of sleep deprivation that occurs through the week (but i am not sleep deprived at all today) or me not being used to the spring sunlight but i feel like everything is becoming dreamlike.
any help, tips or advice? or am i just going crazy?
>>
self bump

this is an incredibly original post
>>
>>35669505
Shizofrenia
>>
File: IMG_2955.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2955.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>35669505
I feel exactly the same. I'm lulling through the world. I don't feel like my words or actions have an impact in the physical world, and everything melds into one indiscernable mass. I would not be surprised if I woke up in a room somewhere, with my mother leaning over me whispering "don't worry, it was only a dream."
>>
>>35670015
really? oh shit

>>35670131
yup, you've pinpointed how i feel. just like floating in space. normally i'm fine and i only feel like it for a few hours but now it's really bad.
>>
>>35670372
I do sometimes wonder if I'm losing my mind. But to be honest, many of my friends feel this way too. As if there has been some slight change in the fabric of reality recently.
>>
>>35670372
I do sometimes wonder if I'm losing my mind. But to be honest, many of my friends feel this way too. As if there has been some slight change in the fabric of reality recently. We used to take a lot of drugs though.
>>
>>35669505
To me it's simply that things just are so crazy in my life, and I don't have dreams, so it's like i'm dreaming all the time, only that I have the acute feeling that I, won't wake up...
>>
>>35670372
pseudoscience undergraduate reporting, feelings/sensations of derealization or depersonalization are not a solid indicator of schizophrenia or other schizoid/schizo-affective things

happens to me every now and again; used to happen much worse when my general mental state was much poorer. it isn't so very concerning anymore desu

>>35670429
>We used to take a lot of drugs though.

that'll do it!
>>
File: 397249.jpg (1021KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
397249.jpg
1021KB, 2560x1600px
>>35669910
Responding to my own post here but some weird shit happened. I kept on feeling more dreamlike, like nothing was making sense, so i meditated to this song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfcAVejslrU

I then saw an "eye" on the inside of my eyelids. there was a black space around it and the pupil was a slightly lighter black space. then i concentrated on it and a kind of "dream bubble" happened on to my head and i retreated in that and i felt like i was one with the universe. I don't know if i'm going crazy or I am having a spiritual experience by opening my third eye but it's weird and slightly enjoyable at the same time.

>>35670404
>>35670429
mmmm. What drugs did you do? I've only smoked cannabis twice and i don't drink alcohol regularly.

>>35670484
is what is happening to me depersonalization?
>>
>>35669505
You're going through dream enlightenment.

A lot of people try to achieve your state. From a secret forum I visit, anyway.

Relax. Start controlling the environment with your thoughts.

Oh, and life also feels dreamlike to me. Now when I feel pain, I feel "pain" but the thought of pain is what makes me avoid it, I avoid thoughts of pain and poof no pain.

There's a glass wall between me and the world. There's "me" somewhere behind the screen, and that me is my thoughts which I believe control the world.

well, I achieved this through meditation.

If you don't like this state, meditate "into" your body. Focus on it. Focus on the concept of "solidity."

I meditated outside of mine, and meditated on fluidity.

I'm probably dissociated and delusional. But mate, relax. Just remember the most 'solid' thing in your life history and cling to it. Friends, emotions, those things
>>
>>35670707
it would probably be termed "de-realization"

depersonalization is specifically when one has feelings that they themselves are not real, but reality is still present. put in other words, its almost like losing track of who you are

derealization has more to do with reality itself; things simply don't feel real to someone. personal identity is more or less intact but you might sorta feel like you're "in the matrix" or similar

of course no rule saying you can't have a temporarily-fucked up noggin with both things at play. i tend not to put much stock in clinical definitions or diagnosis personally, and try to emphasize mitigating/removing specific symptoms of mental aberration or "illness"
>>
you know what is really amazing?

that most people seldom remember their dreams in any detail, yet a person can say "things are dreamlike" and we sort of know what feeling he means, although the actual experience of dreaming is still something very different from this feeling, with only a hint of it

how come so many things are fake in this reality, including the minds own perception of its state
>>
>>35671011
agree, although important to note that such things are relatively ineffable; they can't be fully or properly described with words alone

to properly compare between two individuals, much less large populations, we'll need to develop a sort of..consciousness-viewer. to put it in layman sperg's terms, we need a first-person spectator mode first.
>>
File: 1426875800449.jpg (1MB, 2288x1712px) Image search: [Google]
1426875800449.jpg
1MB, 2288x1712px
>>35670867
so this is magick? changing reality with effort? i've searched up about it but never actually tried to perform it. thats pretty cool. thanks

>>35670945
alright. thanks for the help.
>>
>>35669505
I guess I feel the same, though I usually attribute it to desensitization/depression/general mental unwellness
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.