[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey robots, I posted yesterday about winning a short story competition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: PANICTOAD.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
PANICTOAD.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
Hey robots,

I posted yesterday about winning a short story competition with a cash prize (1,425 dollars).

As expected the guy running it asked me for biography and a "headshot". I don't have any photos of myself since around 2011 so I had to use my webcam because I didn't have enough coins for the photobooth.

Can someone tell me whether I look autistic in my "headshot" please? I don't want to advertise myself as a retard or anything.
>>
>>35669369
Congratulations! I will take a look.
>>
>>35669541
Are you still here? I thought the thread had died sorry. And thank you.
>>
>>35669676
Lay it on me! The photo I mean
>>
File: photoblox2.jpg (77KB, 872x668px) Image search: [Google]
photoblox2.jpg
77KB, 872x668px
>>35669759
>>35669759
Here is the photo I was intending to send the guy. I took it with my laptop webcam. Does it make me seem autistic or edgy or something? I don't have any photographs of myself outdoors or smiling or anything. I tried smiling but it seemed insincere.
>>
>>35669834
You look like a guy who writes short stories. I doubt anyone will actually look at the photo anyway
>>
>>35669834
Yeah it seems a bit edgy without the smile, but you really don't look bad in any way. Maybe square your shoulders instead of having one higher then the other. Looks fine though really, pretty inoffensive.
>>
>>35669834
you look great actually, better than expected.

Don't worry about looking like a shutin. Only shutins write short stories so it's not like anyone's going to judge you for being part of their own demographic.
>>
>>35669875
Is that a good thing or bad? I realize that, it's just I currently have zero internet presence and sudddenly to have my photo and biography out there is very unnerving. I'm considering withdrawing from the prize altogether to be honest. I enjoy writing but not the normalfaggotry that comes with it.
>>
>>35669834
looks p good my mang, I would say crop it a little to get rid of the useless white wall space
>>
Low quality lets you hide in the photo, i think it Looks Fine. May i ask what you Story was about?
>>
File: Wojak.gif (27KB, 418x500px) Image search: [Google]
Wojak.gif
27KB, 418x500px
>>35669834

Smile a bit more, you have a thousand mile stare like wojak, but you look very smart anon. Congratulations on the competition. I hope you find happiness soon
>>
>>35669900
>square your shoulders

The thing is I'm balancing my laptop in my hand to take the photo. It's very awkward. I might just crop it even more, or I might find some tape and find a way of prodding the photo button from a distance.
>>
>>35669834
I wish you would have ironed your clothes first. You won't look out of place in the least. You look like a loser like me and I appreciate that.
>>
>>35669997
Don't you have a phone laying around? Would be a whole lot easier to do.
>>
>>35669834
I think you look super qt anon
Would husband right up
Congrats :3
>>
>>35669947
>low quality

Does it seem like I'm opting for low quality as a means of shopping or picture, in a narcisstic sense? I'm really not, it's just my laptop webcam is my only camera, and the only other recent photo of myself is one my mom took when I wasn't looking, but I told her to delete it.

I submitted two stories. One was about a depressed and narcisisstic office worker who lies to his colleague that his imaginary girlfriend is pregnant in order to get out of a workplace social event, and is then forced to research pregnancy etc in order to maintain the lie, until he is eventually forced to think of a solution, all the while trying to hit on a qt at the library (where he goes to research) who he finds out is horrifically burned and thus disfigured on one side of her face, which is a sight he finds beautiful.

The one that won is about a retired working class guy who realizes he's wasted his life in service of something he didn't care about, and so he rounds up a bunch of local people to form an orchestra, since he's always wanted to be a conductor, and they practice and eventually organize a show, but on the day it rains and everyone leaves before the show begins and he ends up sitting in his car with his working class teenage boy who joined the orchestra and they listen to classical music as it rains heavily. It's more sentimental, cliched and normie than the other one but I wrote it in a day feeling it would be more likely to win and it turned out it did.
>>
>>35670021
I own a phone but it doesn't have a camera. It's an old phone without internet.

>>35670064
Thanks mate.

>>35670006
I actually wore this shirt to work today and ironed it last night.
>>
>>35669834
You look good buddy, but try to avoid the 'contemplative and mysterious' look, if you can't smile at least try to look neutral
>>
>>35670284
Does it come across that way? This is my neutral expression. I tried smiling but it seemed insincere.
>>
File: 1489977826592.png (147KB, 312x248px) Image search: [Google]
1489977826592.png
147KB, 312x248px
>>35669834
im not even gonna lie you look pretty handsome dude
>>
>>35669834
I wanted to call you a faggot but that picture isn't that bad
>>
File: Franz_Sacher.jpg (220KB, 506x800px) Image search: [Google]
Franz_Sacher.jpg
220KB, 506x800px
>>35669369
just use this one. who cares?
>>
>>35670392
OP here. I have to attend an award's ceremony and read my story out in front of 100 people minimum. It's really not something I feel comfortable doing and I'm seriously thinking of withdrawing, but I frankly need the money and if I decide to write more shit in the future this will obviously help. Also I was planning to send a photo of moot to them but I think they'd probably see me and think I was a hoaxer or that I was lying about my identity etc.
>>
File: 1481421006196.png (344KB, 1631x1571px) Image search: [Google]
1481421006196.png
344KB, 1631x1571px
>>35670436
You already won the competition, almost nothing bad could happen at a reading. The worst thing is you stutter a few times at max, which even the former presidents of the United States used to do. You'll be fine anon, GL.
>>
>>35670436
just make a shitty drawing of yourself and claim you don't have a camera
>>
>>35670540
I guess you're right, but I'm very apprehensive about having my photo and stuff online forever. I don't even think this story is all that good, and if it wasn't for the money I don't think I'd allow it to be placed online, so it does feel like I'm selling out a little here. If it was just in a magazine then fine because nobody could google my name and think "wow this guy's a fag" after reading my tryhard cutesy story.

>>35670566
It has to be a photo unfortunately. I looked through all the past winners and they all provided photos.
>>
>>35670890
So what? If you don't want to provide a photo they can't require it unless it's explicitly stated in the rules. don't let tradition bully you into something you don't have to do.
>>
>>35670952
It literally is in the rules unfortunately, as is the fact I have to read out my shit in front of people. I checked on youtube and last year the guy who won had a whole bunch of family and friends there cheering and yelping when he was announced as the winner. It'll be pretty funny I guess since nobody will be there with me, I just really hope they don't video it or say "oh come on Anon, give us a smile, you won! Just b urself dude! :)"
>>
>>35669834
Look like you have down syndrome, not even trying to be a dick, you just kinda have that look about you
>>
>>35671009
if it's in the rules, just take a shitty blurry picture and go up and mumble through your story.
You already won the contest so it's not like they can say "you half-assed the reward ceremony, money denied."
>>
>>35669960

Not OP but, is there a reason for a robot to be truly happy?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.