[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robots, One question for you all. I've been feeling like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: RedPill_hand.jpg (15KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
RedPill_hand.jpg
15KB, 520x390px
Robots,

One question for you all.
I've been feeling like " this " for about six months now and now I'm going to tell you what that "this" means.

By "this" I mean that I've been like "gone", I'm always in thought. Most of the time I think: " Why are we here," and "We are meaningless," and "Why are we "we"." Those were just a few examples. I just feel like we as a human race are meaningless, planet Earth is meaningless.
Nobody cares if we were here, we are just a peck of dust in the vast universe.

I just can't seem to find anyone who questions that kind of stuff.
I'm starting to wonder, if I've "red-pilled" myself or just depressed, maybe even just nihilist.
>>
Oh yeah, the cosmicism red pill.
Most normies will push all those thoughts to the back of their heads or wall them out with religious bs.
You are right, we mean nothing and will eventually dissappear whithout any trace, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the here and now.
Forget about any "grand purpose" bs and just enjoy the little time your conciousness exists.
>>
>>35666976

Why do you think being small and totally insignificant to the universe makes us meaningless? In that context, we are.

But we also give ourselves meaning. Our stupid mundane bullshit is very meaningful to us and we think our lives are very precious, usually.
>>
first of all, you are not a collective consciousness.
secondly, you have to understand what and why you feel the ways you do.
thirdly, you need to do something about those insights or the symptoms of this will get worse
>>
it's possible that consciousness is forever, grab this life and make it your's
>>
>>35666976
Congratulations, you've realized the absurdity of existence.

Now for the true test: living, and even enjoying existence despite its absurdity.
>>
It's very normie to look for external influences to find meaning. That's what leads billions of normies to follow the hormonal rails laid out for them at the beginning of their lives: find a mate, have a family, secure as much power/status as possible, then die. They think that gives them meaning and they are very happy to do it. They'll violently attack anyone who doesn't.

To transcend that, you need to create your own meaning. What do you want out of life? 90% chance you just want what everyone else does, a warm hole to put your penis and some kids to make it look like you accomplished something, but you're too much of a fuckup to make it happen so you act like you never wanted it anyway.
>>
File: consider.png (116KB, 288x289px) Image search: [Google]
consider.png
116KB, 288x289px
>I just feel like we as a human race are meaningless, planet Earth is meaningless.

Existentialism is an excellent venue to rationalize your suicide.
>>
i'll tell you a story:
I was 16 and smoking pot with "friends"; I realized that anything bad that happens to someone in highschool, is good for someone else-they get to laugh @ & feel amused. that's not the case in the free world. so what I realized is that, there was an elite of people somewhere who were being bettered by my misfortune.
that shit's a false reality tho, remove the walls, remove the knowledge from our minds and we're at the mercy of the universe & no1's going to have time for k-12, we'll be fighting nature for our lives
>>
>>35666976
Everything is meaningless if you only think about it. Pretty smiles, big tits, beautiful music, grand architecture and even life itself. You need to feel things too for them to make a meaningful impression on you.
>>
>>35668066
it was around this time I felt the way you did, and I assume if you're an adult-you were one of the nobles of my misfortune
>>
>>35668106
what you FEEL is composed of your thoughts-disagree? ask yourself, have you ever lied to yourself?
>>
File: 1480809365846.png (369KB, 3000x1684px) Image search: [Google]
1480809365846.png
369KB, 3000x1684px
>>35668019
I actually quite enjoy living this life, even though it might be meaningless in the end. It is because of this meaningless that I just don't give a shit anymore, I do whatever I want to do and just roll with it.

I feel like its a matter of perspective, everybody is always going to have a different way of viewing the meaning of existence.
>>
>>35668145
Not OP by the way, just a random anon.
>>
also, op, speak for yourself, I value my life & the lives of select individuals just as they value their and those who they cherish's lives
you want there to be some kind of god? well there's not. if there was, you'd have to assume it was an alien
>>
it sounds like the root of you is gone-that the ability to self-value is non-existent. I'm wondering, and I hope you'll answer; was it ever there? at your first moment of autonomy-did you have a purpose that was outside the realm of others in any way? not to please them, dominate them, use them?
>>
>>35668284
you can answer honestly, my opinion of you won't change-i'm just looking for an answer
>>
>>35668130
It's not wrong to say that. But tension is necessary to be impressed by life. Lying is a funny thing. If I couldn't do it I'd be dead now yet I still feel guilty about it sometimes.
>>
>>35668529
you've made an assertion, and I counter assert. the only reason i'm the right one is because i'm faster & u didn't identify it was simply an assertion. shitty try
>>
>>35668677
We are all allowed to play our own games, aren't we? But if I were you, I'd be damn pleased if I was wrong for once.
>>
>>35666976
to much of that nihilism pill
take some absurdisme to feel better
>>
>>35667854
I think that's not really giving us meaning, but rather making us feel comfortable without having meaning.
I'm for my part am christian, so I've got that going for me which is nice.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.