[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with being ignored by your "friends"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
How do you deal with being ignored by your "friends" /r9k/? Especially female ones?
>>
Don't let it get to you. Call them out on their bullshit and move on. If you have to put the word friends in speech marks then that's already a sign you have to move on and find better ones.

Don't be the one who always has to initiate. Find people who will do it mutually. Yes, they're rare, but they're always out there and that's part of the appeal.
>>
I ragequit social media and never spoke to any of them again.
>>
>>35663561
How do you do it anon? Wish I could, but social media is a part of my everyday life
>>
>>35663385
How are they ignoring you?
>>
>>35663385
This is not a feeling that I'm familiar with.
>>
>>35663385
Friends? I'm not sure what you mean by that....
>>
>>35663385
how would you befriend a female? literally my only fem friends are through male friends of mine
>>
>>35663777
I deleted my facebook, my tumblr, etc and would just hang up if some motherfucker called me, they gave up after one week.
Six months later I made a very simple facebook so employers wouldn't think I'm a serial killer if they looked up my social media accounts. I added immediate family and delete requests from basically anyone else.
Life without "friends" has actually been better.
>>
Vidya and coming here. I also started nuking contact with ones who do it too much in the last few years.
>>
>>35663385

Life gets the way. Work, school, family, commitments... Don't take it personally. They may not be ignoring you, they may just be wrapped up in their own business. Just reach out, gently, and see if they pick up those threads.
>>
>>35663545

this, but don't calm them out. the only way to win is to care less than they do, so give no indication that it bothered you and just never speak to them again.

girls are selfish little gremlins and the only way to get them to care about how you feel is to make them think that you're better off without them. the catch is that you aren't better off without them because you're a loser, which is why you're here, so if you talk to them again they'll realize this and continue to mistreat you. hence, the only way to win is to not play.
>>
File: 1460643148973.jpg (47KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1460643148973.jpg
47KB, 540x304px
>>35663385
Friends are overrated. All I want is a gf.
It really fucking bothered me when a shitty ex gf of mine started to ignore me. I dealt with that by trying to talk to her more and she just started whining about me being "clingy" and broke up with me.

Anyway, more of that girl.
>>
File: IMG_0283.jpg (51KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0283.jpg
51KB, 604x453px
>>35664040
I want to fuck Otoni!
>>
>>35665407
post her original ass
>>
I stopped talking to them for months hoping they would pm me and ask how I been since before I would always initiate the convos. They never talked to me since. I might've deserved it too since I broke down to them that I was depressed and missed being around them. They probably still hate me for that and see me as someone desperate and clingy for their attention.
>>
File: 1487410043148.png (250KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1487410043148.png
250KB, 500x495px
>>35663385
>Implying a legit robot has any friend, let alone females
You have to get out, now.
>>
File: 1460538109809.jpg (218KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460538109809.jpg
218KB, 1280x720px
>>35665407
You sick bastard. Why would you want to do something like that?!
>>
>>35663385
i dont care cause we all get busy sometimes and ive placed people on read for months or year
>>
>>35665730
>those thighs

How
>>
question for "i deleted my social accounts" people - why? i just keep those, but log on once a year or whenever somebody tells me to check mail in there.

is that some sort of "no cigarettes in the house when quitting smoking"? if you're this addicted, why not just quit gradually, instead of cold turkey?
>>
>>35666572
>question for "i deleted my social accounts" people - why?
I was tired of answering "did you see my post xD" questions in real life. It's easiest to just delete it and let everyone know that I have no way of seeing their gay posts, so they stop asking me. Also, having my information publicly available on the internet is disturbing. Also, there is no reason to have a social media account. It is a drain on your life.
>>
>>35666572
Why do you assume that anyone who has deleted their accounts is ADDICTED TO SOSHUL MEDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONTROL YOURSELF PLEB!!!

Sounds like you have some growing up to do.
>>
File: 1482559299991.png (66KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1482559299991.png
66KB, 512x512px
>>35663932
>made a very simple facebook so employers wouldn't think I'm a serial killer if they looked up my social media accounts

why would they think that?
>>
>>35663385

You can't get ignored if you don't have friends.
>>
>>35663385
Step 1) Don't have any friends
>>
>>35666743
>>35666572
>did you see my post xD

Yea, i simply told em i dont log on as often. If they want me to see something, send an email. After few months, they stopped pestering me with that bullshit.

It's actually nice that people have to fill me in IRL whenever there was some important happening.

>Also, having my information publicly available on the internet is disturbing.
I made a point of not having any IRL identifiable info filled in when creating my SNS accounts.

>Also, there is no reason to have a social media account.
There is, contact list. Sadly some people are impossible to reach any other way. Most of my family is simply technically too illiterate to send me a photo of something any other way than through fb.

>It is a drain on your life.
Definitely when you use it for pointless drivel and not as a mere contact list.
>>
>>35666820
It's a red flag to not have one, they'll assume you have one under a fake name where you post about white pride or some shit, HR sluts aren't very clever.
>>
>>35666820

Normies belive that you must have something to hide if you don't have social media.
>>
>>35663385
I stop being annoying.
>>
When a girl lets you stroke her and cuddle, does that mean she is in to you?

I mean, every time she sees me she tries to get close to me, lay back against me etc, but we havent kissed yet. Is this normal for a friendzone?
>>
>>35666765
>b-b-but implying!
Question marks don't imply, they ask questions. Sounds like you have a bit of english grammar to catch up.
>>
I stopped using IRC because people just ignored me.

I have only 1 friend IRL but see him maybe twice a year.

Life sucks.
>>
Constant suicide threats
>>
>>35666572
I do check it very intermittently, but I hated seeing all those people who had pretended to be my friends and it also kept shoving my dead friend in my face, any time I'd log in they'd have a different fucking picture of her smack dab at the top.
>>
>>35666864
Yeah, my power level
>>
>>35663385
well for one I dont call them friends and I stop talking to them

the female in question used to only talk to me once every 3-4 months, when I stopped talking to her she messaged me more than ever, it started with faux worrying then complaining. She still messages every now and then to see if I'll reply
>>
>>35666852
Nobody really cares about why you choose to have a jewbook my man. If you want to be monitored for everything you do and have a targeted ad profile built for you then that's your goddamn business. The rest of us prefer a private life and we like it that way, don't try to frantically justify your corporate servitude.

Sorry that you have such shitty friends and family that they don't care enough about you to call.
>>
>>35666864
do you have one anon?
>>
>>35666902
IRC went to shitter in 2008 or so, as the new blood which was supposed to refresh it hopped on SNS instead. For better or worse.
>>
>>35666887
Does your mom know she raised a fucking retard? Does your mom know you are incapable of following a logical point? Does your mom know you have no ability to argue and you are basically a child in a grown man's body, unable to comprehend the minutiae of ideas?

Question marks don't imply, they ask questions. You can't deny anything that I said in this post because I didn't say anything; I just asked questions with question marks. I didn't make any statements at all. If you think otherwise then "you have a bit of English grammar to review."
>>
>>35666973
>sending me a photo is the same thing as calling

Now that's implying! That said, you're correct, they only rarely call.

> If you want to be monitored for everything you do and have a targeted ad profile built for you then that's your goddamn business. The rest of us prefer a private life and we like it that way, don't try to frantically justify your corporate servitude.

Sounds like /g/ meme alright. You do realize that fb can mine your data only if you give them any (ie waste your time in there).
>>
>>35663975
That explains why this girl won't leave me alone even after she denied my requests to be my gf. I keep asking her to leave but she says no
>>
>>35666852
you're right dude there is no reason to delete a neat package that can be downloaded and explored by the FBI which includes your preferences, likes, daily activities, facial structure, general appearance, habits, and next of kin

no reason to not have that publicly available and accessible to almost anyone. no reason at all.
>>
>>35667055
>You do realize that fb can mine your data only if you give them any (ie waste your time in there).

Haha ya dude it's only when you "waste time in there" xD

http://www.geek.com/geek-pick/facebook-explains-why-it-tracks-you-even-when-youre-logged-out-1424083/
>>
>>35663385
I just cut them off. They don't want to speak to me, I don't want to speak to them, fuck all of you cunts I don't fucking need you. Go fuck yourselves.

I'm down to one friend and I think he's drifting away since he went and got himself a fucking gf. Fucking prick.
>>
>>35666902
>ignored
>IRC

found the redditor
>>
>>35666820
>>35666860
>>35666864
>>35663932

Does not having a social media really decrease your chances in getting a job?
>>
File: 1462206572148.jpg (64KB, 540x367px) Image search: [Google]
1462206572148.jpg
64KB, 540x367px
>>35667055
>>35666852
>>35666572
Why are you frantically justifying not deleting your Facebook, despite the valid reasons to do so mentioned in this thread?

It sounds like you are straight up addicted to the website, which is funny because you accuse others of the same.

Everyone who had no qualms getting rid of Facebook = addicts,

You who cannot possibly imagine deleting your Facebook write multiple pages of arguments on the internet justifying why it's okay for you to keep it = not addicted at all not even slightly bro? Cool meme.
>>
>>35667093
>preferences, likes, daily activities, facial structure, general appearance

I think I've implied enough that I don't divulge those anywhere online. Besides, deleting your past account won't help you if you posted that shit.

>next of kin

Sadly, this can't be avoided with most contact list/IM systems. If only a viable alternative existed to keep in touch with most people without giving my contacts to fbi... damn metcalfe's law.
>>
>>35667169
Yes it does.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2184658/Is-joining-Facebook-sign-youre-psychopath-Some-employers-psychologists-say-suspicious.html
>>
>>35667207
>I think I've implied enough that I don't divulge those anywhere online
So you just log in on a sandboxed instance of internet explorer, don't like any posts by your friends or family, don't visit a single page at all ever, don't have a single picture of yourself or any identifiable info there that could detail your appearance, age, race, or sex, don't have any friends who ever tag you in a photo, never send or receive any pictures, don't visit a single webpage on the sandboxed internet explorer window while logged into, you talk to your "friends and family" you have dire business talking to and while talking with them you never reveal any personal information at all and never talk about any interests or anything that you enjoy, then you delete the sandboxed instance of internet explorer immediately after use? And you never log in from a phone at any time whatsoever?

I find that hard to believe, but if that is truly the case then why have Facebook at all? You are barely using it.
>>
>>35667127
>http://www.geek.com/geek-pick/facebook-explains-why-it-tracks-you-even-when-youre-logged-out-1424083/

3rd party domain supercookies are a wider issue than just fb's. For what it's worth, google was doing that long before. If you're conscious about this, best is to simply nuke 3rd domain party cookies (at the cost of sometimes having to play autism sudoku in umatrix on first to a new website).

>>35667198
Because it would cut me off from bunch of acquaitances I have no other contact with. Moreover, receiving files from clueless people who can't into email would be a chore.

>not addicted at all not even slightly bro?
About as addicted as I'm addicted to email. It's a tool to talk to people, not something to stare into for 10 hours to no end.

My sperging in here is that deleting fb account seems like pointless measure somebody desperate (an addict?) would do. I don't use the damn thing, I use only contacts on there. Deleting it would mean losing those contacts. I just asked why people take such drastic measures, when simply not using fb works pretty much the same way.

Deleting an fb account is purely cosmetic when we're talking tracking, they still keep all the data you gave em in the past, and will give em in the future.
>>
>>35667442
In the same post you recognize that being called an addict without evidence is mildly annoying, then immediately speculate that someone else is an addict without evidence.

You're fucking stupid, dude. Many people have described exactly why they deleted their account. You read all of those posts. You still whine on like it never happened and create a bizarre headcanon that all of these people who deleted their accounts were social media fiends who wasted 18 hours a day on the website.

I cannot imagine anyone would have fun talking with such a grating individual as you. It's no wonder nobody wants to call you.
>>
By not having any.
>>
>>35667442
>Deleting it would mean losing those contacts
Yes because maintaining contacts with people who don't even spare the time to see you in person would be such a horrifying tragic loss in your life. Losing contact with people who don't even call you would be so saddening you would probably sink into deep depression instantly.
>>
>>35667442
You socialize with many people many times a week.
That is what makes deleting FB a desperate measure.
For others, it's just kind of a useless thing full of old high school douchebags they don't actually talk to.
>>
File: social.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
social.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
>>35667318
>don't have a single picture of yourself or any identifiable info there that could detail your appearance, age, race, or sex

Pretty much, all fake since day 1. Wasn't that just common sense when creating accounts anywhere online? At least it was the norm in 2010, not sure what happened since then.

>don't have any friends who ever tag you in a photo
Fortunately this can be all disabled in the past. Wasn't always like this and got tagged in the past, had to untag myself. Annoying.

Fairly, I did participate on fb early on, when it was fresh and new few years ago and generally decent shared link aggregator. But for the past 5 years theres like 8 posts/comments I've made on there (again, deleting that is pointless).

>So you just log in on a sandboxed instance of internet explorer
Not that extreme. I open private browsing tab, login to fb and check PMs whenever somebody calls/sms/tells me they sent me something on FB (typically a photo).

Wall etc is full of pointless drivel, why would anyone sane even bother with that shit?

>You are barely using it.

It's a necessary evil to keep in touch with people who insist on using it for everything.
>>
>>35667661
can you stop posting because nobody cares about your life. this isn't your blog
>>
>>35667633
>You socialize with many people many times a week.

Ah, that makes sense. Didn't realize that not everyone on /r9k/ is a hikky who talks to 10 people a day at most.

>For others, it's just kind of a useless thing full of old high school douchebags they don't actually talk to.

Pretty much. But now and then we ping each other out of the blue, usually when I need something or they do, but definitely not association on day-to-day basis or chitchats.

>>35667569
>I cannot imagine anyone would have fun talking with such a grating individual as you. It's no wonder nobody wants to call you.

You, on the other hand, are a very nice person.
>>
>>35667216
jesus kill yourself faggot
facebook is using machine learning techniques to coax people into spending more time on that shitty website
>>
>>35667661
whoah that image is thought-provoking
>>
File: virgin.jpg (103KB, 484x655px) Image search: [Google]
virgin.jpg
103KB, 484x655px
>>35667837
Nobody stops you from blogposting on r9k. Much safer than doing the same on facebook and then bawwing nobody hits the like button.
>>
File: 1488412090947.jpg (78KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488412090947.jpg
78KB, 270x400px
>>35666880
This tbqhf

Recently happened to me.
>>
>>35666880
did you try making a move you piece of shit retard?
>>
>>35668137
Yeah, I bet he's really suave, anon. Fucking Norman
>>
>>35666982

Yes but I may as well not as far as normies are confirmed.

>Anime profile pic
>20 friends
>All security settings enabled
>Never post anything.

It's only to keep in contact with a few people.
>>
>>35668137
Only pussies make moves on women.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.