[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you find the motivation to diet and exercise? I want to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1481676417694.jpg (36KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
1481676417694.jpg
36KB, 500x562px
How do you find the motivation to diet and exercise? I want to lose weight but I have no motivation, no reason. And before you say some gay shit like "for your health" or "so you can love yourself" don't. I've been depressed for a long time and I don't care enough about myself to actually change but I do want to change, I just need a motivator, a reason that isn't me. I wish I was in love so I would do it for a girl but I'm not. Anyone know what to do?
>>
Bump

Originality is overrated.
>>
>>35662763
Well what's got me motivated is that I realized if I don't change now I'll be a massive hamplanet in a few years and probably an hero, but if I lose weight and /fit/ I might have a chance at being happy
>>
>>35662763
If you die a fatty then no one will get to use your organs. Get fit to save a life.
>>
File: warren.jpg (462KB, 628x1214px) Image search: [Google]
warren.jpg
462KB, 628x1214px
>>35662812
>implying anyone gets to use my organs besides me
never
they're between me and God
>>
it's just like any other habit, you have to force yourself to do it every day and then it becomes uncomfortable not to

getting started with that is as simple as truly wanting it. Maybe you should look at progress pics for inspiration.
>>
First step is always the hardest. I got tired of being a fucking skeleton so I started working out. You should start off small (Like 15 pushups every day, 3 times with a minute in between, so 5 pushups per set). Then you can either weekly or every 2 days increase the tension (1 extra pushup, maybe include situps next week). Then just make a schedule like:
Monday and Wednesday - Pushups and situps
Friday and Saturday - Running
Then just keep adding exercises like pullups, or bicep curls or w/e if you have dumbbells.
>>
>>35662844
this

getting fit is slow progress like grinding for xp

I do push/pull/legs and just move up 5-10 lbs every week
>>
Every 100 calories you cut off your average daily intake is a quest and you get a little xp. So is every mile you run. When you lose 10 pounds that's leveling up.
>>
>>35662844
Or checkout r3ddit r/bodyweightfitness for a real routine that's still simple. L-sits are great.
>>
>>35662763
If logic won't work, wait until your body is unable to support you and let searing physical pain be your guiding star. It's the only thing that works for me, feeling and remembering that pain when my lower back muscles don't want t bear my weight
>>
It has given me a sense of purpose outside of 8-5 bullshit job. I'm only two months in, i'd feel empty when getting home. Exercise indirectly gives you a sense of esteem because you are pushing yourself and improving your body.

It's gotten to the point that I feel completley dissapointed in myself if I miss a day.

My next goal is to eventually fight my anxiety and join a gym.
>>
>>35662763
You'll understand it once you start getting stronger, and you can look at yourself and appreciate what your work has done for you.
Hard to see the point without actually doing it imho
>>
i don't know, i think you have to align it with something that already works for you. i was fat and gross for years with no motivation. i never thought i'd be able to find the willpower to lose weight because i could be good for 23 hours of the day and then fuck up once and ruin it all. i remember the cycle of driving to the pizza place after work and knowing it was stupid and wishing i could transport my mind to its state after i ate the pizza when i knew how unfulfilling it was. but i couldn't break the cycle. i remember thinking about how impossible it was with all the food available to me, like going out to buy tons of junk food and feeling totally helpless like there was no other option because i had promised it to myself and it was the only thing i had to look forward to. but then recently i lost 100 pounds, not really because i overcame it but more that i used OCD and record keeping, which is another comfort to me, to motivate my days instead of the craving and then satisfaction of junk food. i don't know what flipped the switch which is i guess what you need, so sorry this is pointless, but since i switched what each day is about, the new habit is now easy and i can't imagine gorging myself the way i used to look forward to doing all day. before i tried all sorts of artificial motivations, and other people tried to help me, but none of that ever worked until i found something that i could actually hold onto simply because only i know what speaks to me.
>>
>>35663177
if you post a pic of your point i'll post a pic of my pencil case
>>
>>35662763
>How do you find the motivation to diet and exercise?
>I've been depressed for a long time
You don't. Fix your life first. Go to some psychiatrist, get prescribed drugs for the rest of your life so that you can not care about having to endure another 20+ years of living. Then you can try doing anything that requires willpower

t. guy who quit cigs and tried to get fit and live healthy, then invasive thoughts returned and everything got much worse than before
>>
whenever i step onto the bus everyone can smell my pussy and i can tell. i love it. i'll never lose weight or wash my pussy because nothing thrills me more than disgusting a group of 20-30 people at once with my putrid pussy.
>>
If I dont eat now, I get to use that money for vidya later.
>>
>>35664210
Oh yeah? Well my pussy is smellier than diapers. Dirty ones. How does your pussy smell compared to dirty diapers, bitch? I bet your pussy would smell completely out of place in a dirty diaper bin you pristine-pussied motherfucker.
>>
File: ffjlk6j.jpg (94KB, 580x350px) Image search: [Google]
ffjlk6j.jpg
94KB, 580x350px
>>35662763
watch videos of body builders working out and look at pictures of them. Maybe go on /fit/ and read threads for a few weeks then something will spark inside of you. Thats how I got started.
>>
I diet and exercise for potential mates. The fact that I've been a kissless virgin this long makes me angry and frustrated, so I use my anger and frustration as a drive to make me work hard at things. Half the time I'm secretly spazzing out.

After that, the rest is feel-good hormones that help you come back each time.

But work your way up. If you're 300lbs, you should probably shed off 30 or something before going to pump some iron. Otherwise you'll just have a bad experience and hate working out.
>>
>>35664821
+ there are many things that can make you sad, and sitting around inside all day can be one of them.

Perhaps its biological defect (your depression), but if not, working out does get your brain high (endorphins, etc), so you can use that to combat depression (which is what I did. I used to get depressed and existential when I sat around inside all day and when I went to work off my angers, frustrations, and depressions, I felt good.)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.