[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw actually considering applying for my old 3rd shift stock

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1489444673600.jpg (43KB, 641x491px) Image search: [Google]
1489444673600.jpg
43KB, 641x491px
>tfw actually considering applying for my old 3rd shift stock job

>its been two years since i worked there and i havent had a single job since

>manager who let me go is some albanian tighwad vampire looking prick

i just want a comfy night job where i can just listen to music and talk to nobody. i refuse to work with any food or do anything involving lots of social interaction
>>
I'm a night janitor for a local school district. It's pretty alright, way better than my last job. You have the occasional exchange with your supervisor or one of the teachers or something but for the most part I just listen to my music for the whole time. Try to get into something like that.
>>
>>35655327
Night shift janitors has to complete all the full hours of the shift or they can go home as soon as they finish their job?
>>
File: 50 cent.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
50 cent.gif
2MB, 320x240px
i applied to some entry level hospitality jobs, they better answer back atleast
>>
>>35655837
We have to complete the full hours of our shift, although apparently they used to be able to go home when they were done. On the flip side though, I work as a substitute for the custodians, so I actually can just tell my supervisor that I can't work whenever I feel like it. Pretty good deal.
>>
>>35655259

I don't know why you guys do this to yourselves, it's like you won't even give yourself a chance.

I worked 3rd shift stocking jobs before and it's brain-dead boring. 8 hours of silence and mechanically putting product on shelves. Soulless.

Then I got a job at a coffee shop, all my coworkers are Chads and Staceys, and guess what? They're all nice. None of them care that I'm quiet. All it takes to get people to like you at work is to work hard and not be an asshole. That's literally all you have to do.
>>
>>35655259
Are you me? I've been NEET for 3 years, unemployed for over 6 and have an interview for grocery clerk, same thing as my last job.
>>
>>35656073
because i have an extreme anxiety disorder and cant even look people in the eye. that and i like sleeping all day
>>
>entry level minimum wage job has a 45 minute long questionnaire where you have to explain why they should let you sweep the floor
>>
>>35656119

But by avoiding situations that cause anxiety you just reinforce that trigger. If you got in the pool so to speak you'd eventually get acclimated to it and you'd stop feeling anxiety.

I struggled a lot with anxiety too and still do sometimes so I'm not making light of it but I think there has to come a time where you can't just continue to withdraw from adult challenges.
>>
>>35656144
i had a job that involved being around people and i sperged out too many times. struggling with anxiety is not the same as having actual panic attacks
>>
>>35656164

>my anxiety is special

I've had panic attacks too dude. I don't know why you're basically trying to say that no one has anxiety like yours or that no one has worked through it.
>>
>>35656073
I have aspergers and can handle face to face interaction with employees and customers, but would do terrible in any job where all you do is face to face interaction with employees and customers. When I stocked shelves its mostly just working getting things done, with the occasional briefing from the boss/supervisor or helping customers.

Also delayed sleep phase disorder, the 2pm-10:30pm shift is actually ideal, can't have anything like that in a white collar office job
>>
>job that doesnt involve driving whatsoever requires a drivers license

lmao what the fuck, what a waste of time. fuck it i'll start selling heroin
>>
>>35656200
If it actually doesn't require driving why not just lie about it?
>>
>>35656185
have you ever broke down in front of a store full of people and embarrassed yourself so bad you couldnt even go back? just shut the fuck up. i cant even show my face there anymore because of the scene i made
>>
>>35656140
Thats nothing compared to kmart/sears. They have a fucking FLASH GAME as part of the application. No wonder they are always short staffed.
>>
>>35656187

It's not that black and white, there are jobs where you have some interaction but it's not all that you do.
Jobs will work around your weaknesses. AT my coffee shop job I never work the register because my boss knows that making small talk isn't my strong suite. Sometimes I'll ring someone up if I'm walking by but that's about it, and over time I've actually gotten better at chatting with people just from that small little stimulus.
>>
>>35656218

>waaah

I've done worse, but you're too far up your own asshole to realize your experiences aren't at all unique nor insurmountable.
>>
>>35656271
>just bee yourself!

sorry dude, i'm not comfortable working that kind of job. i'm comfortable working my third shift job where i dont have to deal with people. why is that so hard to accept?
>>
>>35656214
i have to physically input a drivers license number and i dont even have a state ID
>>
>>35656248
At coffee shops you have to do everything, register, barista, janitor, etc. whatever needs to get done.

I can't ever see myself getting good at "chatting people up" in a restrictive setting i.e. work, since always have to walk on eggshells in order to not say anything retarded, offensive, or reveal my power level so to speak.
>>
>>35656293

It's not something that I do or don't have to accept. It makes no difference to me, I just think you are selling yourself short.
>>
>>35656311
yeah, they would accept a state ID number. Just get a state ID card. Meanwhile did you try typing just Xs int h field to indicate you don't have one?
>>
>>35656321
i dont get 'validation' or whatever from working, i just want to go and do my time as a slave and go home. i'm not there to make friends.
>>
>>35656312

>at coffee shops you have to do everything

Literally not true, at mine they assign you a position and that's what you're responsible for. Most of the time I just make drinks. And besides, the coffee shop is just an example.

>walking on eggshells

Unless you are actually unironically mentally retarded it isn't hard to stay quiet or just say safe neutral things.
>>
just applied at a gas station. lets hope they dont reach out to me
>>
File: IMG_2579.gif (929KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2579.gif
929KB, 500x284px
Do I need experience in order to get a janitor job? Also what places hire part time?
>>
>>35656369
If you are short handed or busy you will have to do whatever needs to be done. Example today I went into a Starbucks for the occasional crappuchino and the guy behind the counter rung me up, made my drink then went and cleaned off some tables.

It isn't hard to stay quiet when I don't have to talk, but I dread when customers will ask me personal questions. In fact if I get the job today I decide I will just make up all sorts of lies as to who I am where I'm from and what I've been doing with my life if anyone should ask.
>>
>>35656580
You need 5 years experience and a Masters Degree in Custodial Science
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.