[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Constantly expected to pursue a career. No idea what to do because

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1489392625009.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489392625009.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
Constantly expected to pursue a career. No idea what to do because I don't enjoy anything enough.If I pick something I don't like I'll probably kill myself.
>>
bump
need some advice :\
>>
File: 1460592246292.png (686KB, 991x694px) Image search: [Google]
1460592246292.png
686KB, 991x694px
Welcome to the club. I'm mediocre at everything and dedicated to nothing.

I'm in college for engineering because I like math, but now I'm fucking bored of math and feel like writing for no god damn reason even though I hated writing for a good 10 years of my life.
>>
>>35655265
yeah I've just been dicking around at community college for the past year but I gotta actually do something now. Everyday I have been super anxious about this.
>>
>>35655392
Look up which majors has the widest variety in jobs and stick with that I'd say. That way you have a larger pool of jobs to hop to and from without much consequence.
>>
>>35654858
Take a gap year to figure out what you want to do. You don't want to go in for like half a year then drop because you want to kill yourself
>>
Not op

How do I find something that will satisfy me? I feel like I want to try and study anti aging but I'm also somewhat suicidal, ironically.

I'm also 21 so I feel like it's too late for me. At least for that one, it's like trying to be an astronaut you have to beat those super amazing 5 year old Chinese kids who learn calculus or whateverthefuck. I lack conviction. I can't dedicate to one thing. Even if I did would I not then die and become a robot? I need time to reflect and process this world

/blog
>>
File: alsoperfect.png (160KB, 751x638px) Image search: [Google]
alsoperfect.png
160KB, 751x638px
>>35654858
There's a lot of pressure to find a career you love, but some people just don't enjoy most work. I've been considering going to a trade school to learn how to weld and make mad stacks day 1, so that I can do a job I don't necessarily love, and come home with enough money to indulge in the things that I love doing. Maybe consider doing the same.
>>
>>35654883

If you don't think there's any kind of work you're going to be passionate about, just jump to different, harder criteria;

1. Median income/benefits. Aim for something that generally pays well, takes care of its employees and doesn't require too much school (read: debt).
2. Hours. Find something with a schedule and time commitments that you'll like.
3. Location. Some jobs basically require that you live in a certain city; like LA for actors. Would you like to live in a specific place, or would you want to be able to move anywhere and still do your work?
4. People. What kind of people typically go in for your work? Those are the people you'll be spending a shit ton of your life with, so choose carefully.
5. Prestige. How awesome will doing your work make you feel? Being a doctor sucks in a lot of ways, but comes with a lot of prestige.

And this is the silver bullet,

6. Find a line of work where you help other people. Brain science is pretty clear that for most people, helping others will make them feel like the work they do is meaningful, like their lives are fulfilling and like they themselves are good people. You'll be less stressed and more motivated if you feel like your work betters the lives of others.

I also like these posts;
>>35655479
>>35655624
Especially the gap year. Get a shitty part-time and make an effort to know thyself, it'll really help you focus.

Hope that helps.
>>
>>35655772
I've considered doing something like that but I'm not concerned enough with money to do it. I have enough money to work a meme-tier job but not enough to just be a neet.
>>
>>35655624
>>35655894
If I were to take a year off I'd need a place to live. I want to live in NY but apartments are expensive, so I'm not sure I could do that. Any ideas?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.