[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>talking to college counselor >"So anon, what college

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: yWRigl6B.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
yWRigl6B.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>talking to college counselor
>"So anon, what college do you want to go to?"
>"Hmm.. Maybe somewhere warm like University of South Florida or perhaps Northeastern even though its a reach"
>"Oh boy anon, that is quite a reach. Have you looked at Arizona State?"
>>
do not return to this board, young fool
>>
>>35652723
Arizona isn't too bad mate
>>
>>35652723
What about Florida State? Fairly big but it's pretty easy to get in to and it's warm
>>
>>35652927
Its shit and Ill be a true meme

>>35652961
Idk mate, its pretty shit for going from a private school. Fml
>>
>>35652927
go to school in north carolina. its cheap and warm and the girls are hot
>>
>>35653120
what is a nonshit school in North Carolina but not too good? I want an average tier school not a shitty NC state school

Fuck I wish private school guaranteed acceptance lol im fucked, and I didnt even do bad in HS, what a meme
>>
bumpercars anyone haha nice anon
>>
>>35653161

UNC Chapel Hill has a pretty good engineering program.

Don't go to Florida State. All my friends who went there work at coffee shops or wait tables now.

Asking /r9k/ which college to go to isn't the best life decision, though.
>>
>>35654607
Thats an insane school no way I can get in if it has a 26% acceptance rate. Thats like a 4.0. I have a 3.4
>>
>>35654629

I guess if University of South Florida is "quite a reach" then you should just apply everywhere and take what you can get. Right now, you're the college applicant equivalent of a single mother who demands an attractive, career-oriented man over 6 feet who will buy her lots of gifts.
>>
>>35654802
I know lmao its kinda true

Its just because kids take fucking APs and get Bs which is like a fucking 4.0. Its unfair. My grades are literally fine its just my classes. Bullshit
>>
>>35654844
If you know this then you should have taken harder classes.
>>
>>35654844
>took nothing but AP and honors classes throughout higschool
>Got college credits for them
>Got As in most of them too
>Finished highschool with all my freshman courses done and enough electives for my associates
>And a 4.7 GPA

You had the opportunity to take them too, anon.
>>
>>35652723
you can try university of arizona, the basketball team there is pretty good and i'm sure they have some good programs

>>35654607
UNC chapel hill is solid. their basketball is also really damn good if you're into that

i personally go to the university of virginia but i hear it's pretty hard to get in from out of state. lot of good programs though. just thought i would bring it up while we're talking about ACC schools here
>>
>>35655554
>>35655622
I went to a small private school with very smart kids so it was hard to get recommended for APs since everyone did so well

Fuck. I just want to go to a fucking good school
>>
I go to northeastern. Shits gay
>>
>>35655622
>You had the opportunity to take them too, anon.
Horseshit. Most schools don't offer AP until upper levels, and even then good luck having most classes being AP.
>>
>>35652723
Arizona state does have a pretty high acceptance rate but it's a solid school anon. Because it's so large it a wide range of opportunities for the students who ask for them.
>>
>>35656475
Calling horseshit on your horseshit. It's not hard to jump ahead, like I did- literally talk to a counselor and you're fine. I took three "upperclassmen" AP's my sophomore year just bc I asked if I could.

And for those backwards assed schools that don't offer APs, they're not that hard to self study. There's literally hundreds of textbooks for that class. Find one and take notes from it.
>>
>>35656475
>>35656542

do any other countries in the world even offer this idea of "advanced placement" units in highschool?

sounds fuckin retarded.
>>
>>35656542
But you literally were talking about the advantages of offically having a 4+ GPA with college credits. Thats the fucking point.

Come to think of it, I dont believe you. If there is a kernel of truth to your inane "IM SPESHAL" ramblings, then chances are you went to a private school or a very wealthy public school.
>>
>>35655622
Jealous of you fucks. Just because I didn't want it then, it's ruined everything.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.