[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I go from a small town to a big city? I just want to wait

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1870.jpg (169KB, 660x440px)
IMG_1870.jpg
169KB, 660x440px
How do I go from a small town to a big city? I just want to wait tables and ride the subway.
>>
first of all, pick a city that isn't Chicago, that place is a fucking trainwreck
next, just fucking do it, go on Indeed or wherever the fuck and just send out resumes before you move there, or save up/get a loan from your parents to move and look around for jobs
>>
If you're serious I'll trade places with you right now but I don't think you actually want what you think you want.
>>
>>35651244
I want to go some place warm
>>
Sounds like LA is your place, specifically west Hollywood
>>
>riding the train
>every old person looks around 360 degrees and stares at you for a few seconds
>>
>get to big city
>"man I wish I was in a small town. I just want to have peace."
>>
>>35651276
then don't post a picture of one of the coldest major cities in NA
>>
>>35651329
It was a big city

>>35651289
That would be amazing but isn't it expensive

>>35651295
I don't really care about peace I live in a small town and all I hear is barking dogs and loud trucks anyway I'm actually sick of the calmness
>>
>>35651295
>Spend most of my living in an exburb
>Live in a big city for the first time during school
>"Holy shit this is great! There's so much to do!"
>Now a NEET living with my parents in an exburb again
>Bored to the brink of insanity

Dear God I need to get back to a city. Rural cucks need to shut the fuck up about "muh peace & tranquility".
>>
>>35651421
>That would be amazing but isn't it expensive

Then move to Dallas and become a faggot who gets sodomized with broom sticks
>>
>>35651462
Id rather go to Houston or Atlanta
>>
File: 1455316458769.jpg (57KB, 620x670px)
1455316458769.jpg
57KB, 620x670px
>I want to be around normies literally 24/7

lmaoing at your ambitions
>>
File: 2435223.jpg (102KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
2435223.jpg
102KB, 700x467px
>>35651424

>exburb
>"rural"

Enjoy starbucksistan.
>>
>>35651568
My exburb hometown used to be a rural area actually, but then all the farms and woods got bulldozed to build McMansions.

All rural areas will either die out or become developed at some point.
>>
>>35651478

Houston is literally where all the LA trash are moving too, I left two years ago, don't do it unless you're working in oil and gas. Atlanta seems to be getting better from what I heard, most of the monkeys are in the downtown area and aren't in suburbs
>>
>>35651212
Suck bro just stay home.
>>
>>35651564
>Implying rural hicks are any less normie than city-dwellers

In small towns where everyone knows each other, being the awkward, forever-alone robot who talks to no one is going to make you stand out more. Cities give one anonymity.
>>
File: p75657vshd1.jpg (115KB, 960x1198px)
p75657vshd1.jpg
115KB, 960x1198px
>>35651478
I lived in inner city Houston and loved it
>>
File: 1456025025376.png (219KB, 358x365px) Image search: [Google]
1456025025376.png
219KB, 358x365px
>>35651659
>living in a small town and being around normies literally 24/7

You just don't get it do you?
>>
>>35651698
Does a rural area like in your pic here >>35651568 not count as a "small town"? Explain to me why rural areas are not full of normies.
>>
>>35651689
How did you afford to move there
>>
>>35651739

Rent in inner city Houston is like $400
>>
>>35651803
Still travel and the time to find a job

But that does sound cheap as fuck are there any other major cities that cheap? Can you do Miami for a little more? Houston looks so depressing.
>>
>>35651614
>Atlanta seems to be getting better from what I heard, most of the monkeys are in the downtown area and aren't in suburbs

Atlanta is pretty much "Brooklyn for black people" right now in that it's filling up with middle-class black people who are gentrifying the city. I'd imagine a lot of black people there wouldn't be your typical niggers.
>>
>>35651842

There's a reason why Houston is cheap, and no cheap in Miami is living in a warzone, same for LA/Chicago/NYC
>>
>>35651478
>>35651689
>>35651803
So is Houston to place to be if you want to move to Texas while also avoiding the high rents and liberal yuppie faggotry of Austin?
>>
>>35651739
When I moved there rent for a 1 br apartment was $500 a month. When I left three years later that same apartment was $1000 a month.
>>
>>35651611
Alright. How is that relevant to what is being said? As far as i'm concerned the urbanization or rural areas was not the topic.

To be honest, maybe I don't like cities because I'd have to be around even more stupid and insufferable people like yourself.
>>
>>35651873
So every place that matters?
>>
>>35651887

Just avoid Midtown, Montrose, Neartown, and Galleria
>>
>>35651941

Charlotte is cheap and is the banking capital of the US
>>
File: 1447550680984.png (565KB, 516x796px) Image search: [Google]
1447550680984.png
565KB, 516x796px
>>35651736
Rural areas are full of normies, cities are full of normies. Anywhere there's people, there's normies.

You think that moving to a city will make your situation better because you'll be ""anonymous"". That is fucking laughable.

Chad and Stacey at your workplace will laugh and talk about you the same way Cleatus and Mavis do back home. Your landlord and neighbors will see you as that weirdo guy who lives alone and doesn't talk. If you go to school or join activities it will be the same story. Your life will be just as lonely, but you'll have a different view out your window.

You seem to have this really fucked view of what a city is, and I think you'll be disappointed to see that you still build your own little world with people between work, school, home, etc. and you're still surrounded by normies who don't like you.
>>
>>35652039
I lived in memetrose and it was a costly mistake. I wish I had moved into one of those warehouse near downtown for cheap.
>>
>>35652115

You were memed into living in the gay area of Houston?
>>
>>35651244
This fall I'm moving from my home town of ~1000 to Chicago for uni. Is it really going to be bad if I'm not looking to live there after university, or is it just a bad place to be?
>>
>>35651659
>Cities give one anonymity.

You think life is like an anime or something? You think you can just blend into the crowds of people and live in an apartment without anyone bothering you? You still have to talk to people, go to work, and pay the rent you dumbass sperg.
>>
Bump

Oreiginalitu
>>
>>35652102
>>35652372
>You think that moving to a city will make your situation better because you'll be ""anonymous"". That is fucking laughable.
>You think you can just blend into the crowds of people and live in an apartment without anyone bothering you?

I never claimed living in a city makes one totally anonymous you fucktards. All I was claiming is that it's easier to go unnoticed in a city than in a suburb or rural area. Speaking from experience, I've lived in large apartment complexes in cities without ever seeing my neighbors, while I knew all of my neighbors growing up in the suburbs.

>>35652102
You (or some other anon) claimed here >>35651564 that living in a city means you're "surrounded by normies 24/7". I pointed out here >>35651659 that rural areas are also full of normies, so nothing I said contradicts what you said here >>35652102. The only thing we disagree on is whether or not living in a city means you can go unnoticed more. All I'm saying is that speaking from personal experience, one can live in a city without ever seeing their neighbors, while it's harder to avoid your neighbors in a suburb or rural area. Maybe your experience differs from mine. But anyway, actually take the time to read whole posts you fucking retard.

>>35651928
You implied that exburbs don't count as rural areas, and then implied that "true" rural areas are superior cause you have beautiful scenery like in your pic and because exburbs are "starbuckistan".

Since the topic is city life, urbanization and comparing city life to rural life is definitely relevant you fucking dumbass. All I'm saying is that you and other anons' beloved rural areas are either going to turn into starbuckistan exburbs like my hometown did, or will die out as people move away cause of urbanization. So rural cucks should enjoy rural life while it lasts instead of bragging on an Ethiopian pottery board about how superior their dying lifestyles are.
>>
>>35651244
>pick a city that isn't Chicago, that place is a fucking trainwreck
It's really not that bad
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.