[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /slipping-into-alcoholism/ here? it's the only way to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 8193673.jpg (7KB, 508x369px) Image search: [Google]
8193673.jpg
7KB, 508x369px
who /slipping-into-alcoholism/ here? it's the only way to get me through the lonely, depressing evenings at this point. And i have a drink before job interviews as it's the only way for me to not be a complete robot.

Tell me about your relationship with alochol guys
>>
I drink every day
Have since I was 17, I'm 25 now.
On weekdays as soon as I come home from work, on weekends as early as 9am
I used to put away bottles of whiskey and vodka, but I'm on so many meds now I stick to beer so even huge quantities won't kill me.
I'm self-medicating numerous mental illnesses basically. Everything my prescribededs can't do, alcohol does.
It makes me more social, less inhibited. I can fap, I can talk to my family, I can spend time with online friends all without wanting to shoot myself like I normally would. It helps me sleep. It helps me eat. It helps me feel like a normal person for a little while.

I've tried so many times to stop but it never works. Tbh I dont want to ever get rid of alcohol, I just want to be capable of moderating how much I drink. A few days ago I started a log of all the drinks I've had. It's not really helping yet but I'm sticking to it.
>>
>>35645914
Prescribed meds*
>>
>>35645715
I can tell that I am, but it's actually kind of enjoyable to have some feelings for once even if they are negative. When I'm drinking I can sometimes forget that the girl I like to hang out with will never feel the same way about me as I do about her
>>
>>35645914
the annoying thing about it is having to slowly drink more and more to get the same buzz
>>
Quit drinking because it made me feel like shit and piss the bed as well as just being an over all asshole to everybody around me. The very few hours I drank to feel "numb" was not worth the money, calories, and the after effects
>>
File: IMG_20170319_190944.jpg (27KB, 822x95px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170319_190944.jpg
27KB, 822x95px
>>35646587
I feel you bruh. Getting down to 115lbs has helped enormously with getting drunk on less but it still is shit. Beer log so far for today, as an example

>>35646638
>pissing the bed
Easily prevented holy shit

>asshole
Not the liquor's fault, that's the result of your inhibitions being lowered I.e. you're already an asshole
>>
>>35646638
>calories

did you get fat too? was it easy to stop?
>>
>>35645914
I'm almost exactly the same, self-medicating with alcohol, although I'm only a few years into my alcoholism myself (25 here as well, though.)

Do you have any comfy alcoholic Skype groups? Mine are all half-dead, if I don't leave them autistically because of all the beta orbiting or underage-posting.
>>
>>35646815
How's the Dogfish Indian Brown, I think it's one of the few relatively-common Dogfish brews I've never tried. Also, if you have a color of a pour into a clear glass, that'd be neat. I can't tell if it's actually a dark IPA or just a brown IPA they call "dark" to sound cool.
>>
File: IMG_20170319_195627.jpg (814KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170319_195627.jpg
814KB, 1920x2560px
>>35647509
I don't but if anyone did I would be all over it

>>35647597
Absolutely delicious. Sweet but not sickeningly so, easily drank two bottles back to back. Here's what's left of the second one.
>>
>alcholism

more like fuel to live

I didn't even drink that much just a case of beer every week. I made sure to put in days without drinking. It was something I looked forward to and made me feel like I was alive.

I haven't drank for a year now because I fell for the no drinking meme. I feel exactly the same except I have no ambition or emotions. I quit all my dreams and aspirations. everything seems bland and stupid and I get worried scared over trivial things. I have zero sense of humor while I'm sober.

I just lay in bed and read books all day. its exactly how I felt before I started drinkng. As long as you aren't drinking a dozen bottles a day you shouldn't quit even if its going to cause cancer, why the hell do you want to live longer anyway
>>
I just spent nearly $200 on whiskey.
>>
>>35648258
Tell us more. Some pictures of the liquor perhaps
>>
it's the only thing i look forward to anymore

getting through a long day seems pointless without a drink or two or three
>>
>>35647955
On the third Dogfish now, 52oz of beer now. Still don't feel drunk but that might be the feels talking
>>
i used to drink all the time then i figured out about the magics of junk, benzos, speed, psychs, and hallucinigens and now i do that instead
>>
>>35645715
I quit drinking a long time ago after seeing what it has done to friends and more recently my ex. She refuses to see she is an alcoholic and has become quiet the cruel bitch.
>>
Slipping? It's the only thing that keeps me from using cyanide
>>
>>35645715
I drink when I'm not happy. I stopped for 4 years because I was in a good relationship, living together, I never once the the Urge to drink.
The day we broke up that all came undone. For welllll over a year now I've been starting as soon as I get out of work, getting completely black out drunk. Wake up in weird places around home, wearing or not wearing the right clothes, shit broken, or missing. Woke up with blood all over the ceiling of my car and my knuckles all bloody last week.
After about 8pm I don't remember anything at all. I had been drinking a 12 pack of high alcohol sam Adams, or whatever was the highest alcohol content beer the store had. But it got too way expensive, and I got fat, went from 180-185 to over 200lb. Then I noticed Steele Reserves, which are 24oz at 8.1% alcohol, are 2 for $3 at my gas station, so I stop in there every night and grab a bunch. I keep thinking I should just switch to liquor, but I fucking hate it, and I love beer.
I'd rather be snorting opiates, and when I have the money I do buy a bunch of Opana off the deepweb. That's actually where all my expendable income goes.
>>
I'm a full on clinical alcoholic, 1/2-2/3 a liter of whiskey per twenty-four hour period. I keep it together pretty well (not an angry drunk, only drink enough at work to stay "normal") but every night I drink myself into goddamn oblivion. Quitting terrifies me as I can't afford rehab and would almost certainly die without a medically assisted detox
>>
>>35646848
Yes. I would drink a fifth of vodka a night and that is approx 2000calories just from alcohol alone
>>
>>35648489
Well, I just got done tasting one of the more expensive whiskey's I purchased, which was Del Bac Unsmoked Single Malt. It's a locally-distilled whiskey modeled after Scotch. It's incredibly smooth and tastes like honey-coated fruit. Normally, I shy away from Scotch and stick to American styles, but I'm not disappointed with this offering.

Everything else I picked up is just standard American whiskey. Some things like Old Overholt, Evan Williams BiB, Jefferson Reserve, Mellow Corn BiB, etc.
>>
>>35648894

>The day we broke up that all came undone. For welllll over a year now I've been starting as soon as I get out of work, getting completely black out drunk. Wake up in weird places around home, wearing or not wearing the right clothes, shit broken, or missing. Woke up with blood all over the ceiling of my car and my knuckles all bloody last week.

What the fuck, dude? You gotta get some help. You could end up hurting yourself or someone else without even realizing what you're doing.
>>
I'm a full blown alcoholic. Been drunk almost every day for 5 years now. I can consume massive quantities of alcohol. Last week I drank almost 2 bottles of vodka in a single night. Luckily it's hard to get alcohol here after 8-9pm most days. And spirits are prohibtively expensive So I usually only get 2 bottles of wine and by the time I've finished them the store is closed so i can't get more. I've gained 40lb since November solely from drinking. Feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>35645715
26, daily drunk. Usually put some whiskey with my coffee when I wake up on my way to work. Get drunk everyday at lunch, usually too fucked up to keep working the rest of the day so I just coast. Really hate my life, wish it would end. Alcohol is the only thing that keeps me from an heroing.
>>
>>35648747
Of late I've gotten in the habit of pouring anywhere from half a shot to 2 shots of rum into my beers, the half-shot if I'm just trying to lighten the fizz and give a little extra flavor or the full 2 if I'm just trying to get sloshed as a faggot tonight.

Three heavy brews with an undefined amount of rum (I'm not a big guy 4u) and I'm feeling it every time. It's also a lot cheaper, 20 bucks can buy me a fair sized bottle whereas 20 bucks of craft beer is often less than 12 bottles.
>>
>>35648907
If you actually want to quit without rehab, you can try tapering over a timespan of a month or two

I found tapering very hard. You have to stick to a limit and decrease it steadily. When you already have the booze on hand, it's very easy to say fuck it and just get wasted. I was drinking a 1.75L bottle of vodka every 2-3 days, wasn't able to cut down longer than a few days in a row. Eventually, I just quit cold turkey and dealt with the withdrawal, which was terrible and probably the worst I've ever felt in my life.
>>
>>35645715
>tfw can't stop drinking every night
>gaining weight like crazy
>don't really have the extra money for it
>keep doing it anyway
oh well at least I'll probably die early and not have to deal with this shit
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.