[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HS Senior (18) I'm going to Quinnipiac university next year

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: delete-this-feel-men-s-t-shirt.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
delete-this-feel-men-s-t-shirt.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
HS Senior (18)
I'm going to Quinnipiac university next year

Is college as lonely as HS? I'm the only person going according to naviance, so I can start fresh, right?
>>
I know a few people who went there. Just get along with your roommates and classmates and you'll be fine. And enjoy Toad's. It's a local club you can get in under 21 and it's where that entire school goes for fun.
>>
If you are white, hit on colored females. Then work your way up to whites. You may want to star with brown eyed "whites" to start, then your endgame should be light eyed whites.

Otherwise, just remember to get work internships.
>>
>>35645585
I envy you, OP. I remember when I was 18 and excited at the prospect of University. I thought maybe I would finally get friends and a partner. I wish I had that feeling again about anything really.

I really thought I was going to turn my life around after high school. Instead I'm a 24 year old neet still living with my parents.

My advice to you OP, is to join a club and actually attempt to make friends even if it seems awkward at first.
>>
College is even lonlier. In highschool you have forced interaction with everybody. That abruptly ends in college because everybody starts doing their own thing, and most people have jobs which eat up free time. You'll be lucky if you can find a random groups of gaymer normies who just want to play smash or cod
>>
it's way, waaay worse

my downward spiral really took off in college. biggest mistake i ever made.
>>
>>35645585
>so I can start fresh, right?
There's a proverb about taking X out of Y but not being able to take Y out of X. Just because you go to a new location doesn't mean you're going to magically change into a new person just because you will yourself to. That "fresh start" is really just removing your safety net of people who got immune to your autistic self
>>
heres the thing guys
im somewhat attractive, i went on vacation to wildwood and i got many looks from qts and smiles, but in school people are always like "Theres the weird kid"

how do i start anew?
>>
>>35646731
>how do i start anew?

You don't. Changing your personality is a multi-step process which takes a very long time. You can try to "fake" it but normies will catch onto it in a heart beat, and every second you're faking it will be mentally and emotionally exhausting
>>
>>35646731
Well that's because the people at school have known you long enough to know what you're really like.
When I started uni I was able to hang out with my roommate and his normie friends for the first week, but once they picked up on my weirdness I was shunned for the rest of the year.

If you want to actually start over you probably need therapy/social skills training. That takes time.
>>
i will add that i have aspergers
>>
>>35645585
You've heard it a million times, but: leave your dorm room door open. Seriously, for at least the first two months it should only be closed if you're naked. I heard it, ignored it and isolated myself. I remember one time I was in my dorm and I heard one of the Chad-ish guys on my floor asking my roommate (who was pretty Chad-ish himself) "why is your door always closed?"

Second tip: if you're isolated, don't be afraid to reach out to your RA or move to a different dorm to start over. Sometimes it's good to get a fresh start. If you're alone after winter break, that's NOT NORMAL! Reassess your living situation.

Basically, alienation is a huge problem on college campuses. A lot of young men are getting isolated from their peers, and I'm one of them. Don't become another statistic. Don't autopilot this and hope that friends will come crawling into your lap, or convince yourself that it's okay that no one does. It's fucking embarrassing to be a senior in college who has no friends and has never been to a bar, party, club, concert or literally anything and it's really messing with my head. Loneliness will kill you if you let it. College is absolutely a fresh start and you need to be proactive to take advantage of it.
>>
>>35646827
>When I started uni I was able to hang out with my roommate and his normie friends for the first week,

This exact thing happened to me. The first week everybody is giving everybody a shot to prove themselves. I would get invited to do everything the first week, but come the second week it's like a sign was painted on me which said "do not touch"

Oh well. At least I wasn't the weirdest guy on my floor. That title goes to the guy who shat in his trash can while his room mate was there
>>
File: wX1tKtc.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wX1tKtc.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
>>35645585
read how to win friends and influence people. I went to a similar college pretty near there and did great, just be more outgoing according to that book and talk to a lot of pretty girls.
>>
>>35646896
Addendum: going to a school club can be a hard setting to meet people if you're an anxious sperglord like myself (very easy to not talk to anyone the first couple of meetings then stop showing up -- you still should try though). If you find that's the case, try getting an on-campus job where your coworkers are other students, you might do better with more forced, structured interaction which can help build long-term relations.
>>
>>35646896
>Leave your dorm room open
i will be in a suite of 4 with my own bedroom desu

Quinnipiac is a preppy rich kid school, drove up there, did a few college visits and everyone is straight out of a Ralph Luaren catalog

I can dress the part, one of the biggest steryotypes there is that there are no cliques
>>
>>35645585
How fit are you? If you're a pretty typical non-athletic teenager who doesn't lift, work on building some muscle before arriving. And if you're heavy lose some weight. It's not everything but it will help.
>>
>>35647060
>no cliques

EVERY college says this and it's because their definition of the word differs from the highschool definition. People will still form groups based on a common interest and exclude you because you aren't up to their standard
>>
>>35647116

i am skinny but ottermode
>>
>>35646993
Even if it's fake, you talk to everybody. Nobody there knows anybody yet, so everybody is gonna be receptive of friendliness. Sit down in class and before you even open your textbook greet whoever is next to you. "Sup?" Goes a long way. Commiserate about anything. "Ugh 8am classes." "Can't believe we paid $200 for these textbooks." Even one conversation can get you acquainted enough that they'll smile at you when they see the next day and you can chat again. Making friends in an environment where nobody has friends is super easy if you get started right away. Just don't be a pussy about it.
>>
>>35646993
That book is awful and makes you look like an ass. Every normal person knows you are not being sincere immediately
>>
>>35647260
t. aspie
>>
>>35645585
>Is college as lonely as HS?

It's just the luck of the draw.

For example, my first year in graduate school was really, really lonely.

Then one day out of the blue, one of the graders I worked with said "hey, why don't you come over sunday night a join a group of us -- we're having pizza and watching TV." That was the turning point in my life -- I met a whole bunch of great people that night that became my friends, and I became happy for the first time in a long time.
>>
>>35647865
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W34wyKZlWQ

Here's what you sound like to normal people
>>
My dad graduated from that school. Anyway college is a nightmare for robot types, I did not last 1 year.
>>
Quinnipiac is 60% female

Most of them are daddy's girls and are hot, hope?
>>
>>35647153

>>35647153

>>35647153

>>35647153

THE FIRE RISES MY BROTHERS, COME JOlN
>>
>>35648206
are you autistic mate>
>>
>>35645585
I made a decent amount of friends in high school. However, I have yet to make a single friend in college. Luckily, I'm just there for a couple of hours.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.