[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How am I supposed to be a Christian when its filled with paranormal

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: eyeshed_0.png (305KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
eyeshed_0.png
305KB, 640x430px
How am I supposed to be a Christian when its filled with paranormal and supernatural fairytales?

I've been invited to Catholic, Lutheran, non-denominational, and Mormon churches and every time, it goes back to me not genuinely believing in Jesus' supernatural bullshit. The LDS Church is far crazier in the stuff they believe.

What do bros? I wanna be a part of a cohesive culture, and atheists are cringeworthy
>>
Do what half of them do and pretend to believe in it.
>>
>atheists are cringeworthy

you're literally an atheist. this is painful to watch. don't join a religion if you're just going to make fun of it.
>>
>>35642499
There is nothing wrong with not believing it. If you want, go to church and just not believe what they say. Maybe you'll be brainwashed the same way China got people to worship Chairman Mao.
>>
File: ppp.jpg (83KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
ppp.jpg
83KB, 800x533px
>>35642499

There is more evidence for the supernatural than you think. I am not a christian to clarify.
>>
>>35642543
>>35642586
OP here

I think I believe in God, in that we might be living in a computer simulation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0KHiiTtt4w&t
>>
>>35642622
You probably shouldn't get your metaphysical beliefs from people memeing about computer simulations.
>>
>>35642622
Orginal is my second name
>>
>>35642622

I don't buy the simulation hypothesis. Seems like a repeat of the brain-in-a-vat thought experiment.

When I say paranormal I mean the disembodiment of mind from body, ESP, UFOs. Those types of things.
>>
>>35643836
If you have an extra 90 minutes, please watch. Science has a blind spot when it comes to psi. Something is going on and no one wants to investigate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw_O9Qiwqew
>>
>>35643892

I have no need to watch any videos. I'm fairly well read on the subject. ESP has shown statistical significance on many occasions.
>>
don't not be an atheist because of some cringey generalisation about them

you're an individual. be atheist. chrissake.
>>
>>35642499

> implying there are no religions other than Christians or athiests (nlt a religion, I know but...)

Try Unitarian Universalists. They do all the good parts of church like helping the community, etc without all the "Magic an nailed to the cross will save my soul" stuff.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.